• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 165

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 00:06:34
April 10 2012 23:53 GMT
#3281
eshlow...teaching and doing?? :D
[image loading]
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 01:03:39
April 11 2012 01:03 GMT
#3282
Well, abs setting off the metal detectors is standard, duh.

I should have a better strength to bodyewight ratio at 150-160 @ 5'8" anyway

I was actually teh heaviest person in my family at 5'8" 135. we are a bunch of skinny asians
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
April 11 2012 06:58 GMT
#3283
On April 11 2012 05:52 decafchicken wrote:


Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 04:46 Grend wrote:
Grend

Age: 23 || Height: 193cm || Weight: 97kg
Starting Date: April 10, 2011 || Goal Date: December 31 2012
Weight goals -- Maintain weight and, decrease fat percentage
Training goals -- Do 1.1x body weight in bench, Do 1.2x in Squat and Dead Lift.
Maintaining a stable 3 days a week workout regime, with squash in-between.


you'll be able to hit that waaaaaaay faster than december. Starting strength should put you at 120kg squat in like a month :D

Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 02:20 sJarl wrote:
lol, first workout after 4 days of LAN and other questionable lifestyle (with only moderate drinking).

Lost some weight but time put it back on.

Had some new faces in my gym today. One of those was this smoking hot blonde and let me tell you that deadlifting suits are the best thing ever. It was like she was drowning in her own boobs...so hard to concentrate on lifting though...


hahahaha. girls deadlifting is awesome


Hmm I believe ya, I have been dicking about in gyms sporadically for years now, but I`m going to try taking it a bit more seriously starting with dead lifts and squats and doing what you were saying, starting strength. Had my first workout yesterday and it was fun. Is being able to do the same in squat and bench normal? I suspect I´m quite off balance atm.
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 11 2012 07:22 GMT
#3284
If anyone is still keeping track of the bench race, I hit 80 this morning.

Also managed 5 + 6 + 5 pullups. Couldn't even manage a single one like 2 months ago. I'm cool with this progress.

Back still hurts though. Might have to check that out.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 11 2012 12:00 GMT
#3285
On April 11 2012 02:20 sJarl wrote:
lol, first workout after 4 days of LAN and other questionable lifestyle (with only moderate drinking).

Lost some weight but time put it back on.

Had some new faces in my gym today. One of those was this smoking hot blonde and let me tell you that deadlifting suits are the best thing ever. It was like she was drowning in her own boobs...so hard to concentrate on lifting though...


there is a girl in my gym who always has quite hard nipples.. guess I shouldnt be too surprised though because watching me squat/deadlift IS quite exhilarating! but it does distract me a bit hehe
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
April 11 2012 12:11 GMT
#3286
On April 11 2012 15:58 Grend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 05:52 decafchicken wrote:


On April 11 2012 04:46 Grend wrote:
Grend

Age: 23 || Height: 193cm || Weight: 97kg
Starting Date: April 10, 2011 || Goal Date: December 31 2012
Weight goals -- Maintain weight and, decrease fat percentage
Training goals -- Do 1.1x body weight in bench, Do 1.2x in Squat and Dead Lift.
Maintaining a stable 3 days a week workout regime, with squash in-between.


you'll be able to hit that waaaaaaay faster than december. Starting strength should put you at 120kg squat in like a month :D

On April 11 2012 02:20 sJarl wrote:
lol, first workout after 4 days of LAN and other questionable lifestyle (with only moderate drinking).

Lost some weight but time put it back on.

Had some new faces in my gym today. One of those was this smoking hot blonde and let me tell you that deadlifting suits are the best thing ever. It was like she was drowning in her own boobs...so hard to concentrate on lifting though...


hahahaha. girls deadlifting is awesome


Hmm I believe ya, I have been dicking about in gyms sporadically for years now, but I`m going to try taking it a bit more seriously starting with dead lifts and squats and doing what you were saying, starting strength. Had my first workout yesterday and it was fun. Is being able to do the same in squat and bench normal? I suspect I´m quite off balance atm.


Hitting 1.1x bw bench is a lot harder than 1.2x bw squat and deadlift. You should maybe aim 1.1x bw bench, 1.5x bw squat and 1.8x bw deadlift. They are all easily doable by the end of year if you stay at ~95kg. Add 0.1x bw to bench and 0.2x bw to other 2 if you want a challenge :D
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
April 11 2012 12:54 GMT
#3287
I was supposed to do the following today:

Squat 6 x 145
Bench 6 x 130
Deadlift (conventional) 6 x 210

Instead I decided to try and test my max since I'll be out of commission for a while because of oral surgery (need to have wisdom teeth removed). Ended up with:

Squat 2 x 205
Bench 2 x 143
Deadlift 2 x 265

BW @ 195 lbs (26% bodyfat though >_<) Sets were 6,6,6,3,3,1 for Squat and Bench, 6,3,3,2,2,1 for DL but had enough gas in the tank to pull off doubles.

Not great in general, but all PRs for me. At the beginning of the year one of the goals I set is a 4-digit total by end of year. Totaling 613 today it doesn't seem too far away to me, except for the fact that I have oral surgery scheduled for next week and another one after maybe a month or two. A few questions:

1. Is that four digit total still doable (I actually plan to join some PL meets next year)? If so,
2. The reason for my testing out maxes is that I plan to try out Chad Smith's Juggernaut Method. Has this worked for anyone and what were your gains?
3. If the above isn't too great for reaching my goal (although a lot of people I talked to point out that the program above is great for increasing GPP, which isn't too bad since I plan to go back to BJJ and want to be strong as hell for that) what program/s would work? Are SS / 5x5; mainly with the goal of getting 5 reps on whatever weight I max out on, viable?
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
April 11 2012 13:44 GMT
#3288
1000 lbs will be doable if you eat and sleep properly. By doing doubles your current sum is probably 30-50 lbs higher.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 11 2012 15:05 GMT
#3289
On April 11 2012 21:54 Metallingus wrote:
I was supposed to do the following today:

Squat 6 x 145
Bench 6 x 130
Deadlift (conventional) 6 x 210

Instead I decided to try and test my max since I'll be out of commission for a while because of oral surgery (need to have wisdom teeth removed). Ended up with:

Squat 2 x 205
Bench 2 x 143
Deadlift 2 x 265

BW @ 195 lbs (26% bodyfat though >_<) Sets were 6,6,6,3,3,1 for Squat and Bench, 6,3,3,2,2,1 for DL but had enough gas in the tank to pull off doubles.

Not great in general, but all PRs for me. At the beginning of the year one of the goals I set is a 4-digit total by end of year. Totaling 613 today it doesn't seem too far away to me, except for the fact that I have oral surgery scheduled for next week and another one after maybe a month or two. A few questions:

1. Is that four digit total still doable (I actually plan to join some PL meets next year)? If so,
2. The reason for my testing out maxes is that I plan to try out Chad Smith's Juggernaut Method. Has this worked for anyone and what were your gains?
3. If the above isn't too great for reaching my goal (although a lot of people I talked to point out that the program above is great for increasing GPP, which isn't too bad since I plan to go back to BJJ and want to be strong as hell for that) what program/s would work? Are SS / 5x5; mainly with the goal of getting 5 reps on whatever weight I max out on, viable?


Yeah i would start off with something like 5x5 before you look into other programs, you're just above bodyweight squat so you definitely have some room to go with novice gains.

On April 11 2012 15:58 Grend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 05:52 decafchicken wrote:


On April 11 2012 04:46 Grend wrote:
Grend

Age: 23 || Height: 193cm || Weight: 97kg
Starting Date: April 10, 2011 || Goal Date: December 31 2012
Weight goals -- Maintain weight and, decrease fat percentage
Training goals -- Do 1.1x body weight in bench, Do 1.2x in Squat and Dead Lift.
Maintaining a stable 3 days a week workout regime, with squash in-between.


you'll be able to hit that waaaaaaay faster than december. Starting strength should put you at 120kg squat in like a month :D

On April 11 2012 02:20 sJarl wrote:
lol, first workout after 4 days of LAN and other questionable lifestyle (with only moderate drinking).

Lost some weight but time put it back on.

Had some new faces in my gym today. One of those was this smoking hot blonde and let me tell you that deadlifting suits are the best thing ever. It was like she was drowning in her own boobs...so hard to concentrate on lifting though...


hahahaha. girls deadlifting is awesome


Hmm I believe ya, I have been dicking about in gyms sporadically for years now, but I`m going to try taking it a bit more seriously starting with dead lifts and squats and doing what you were saying, starting strength. Had my first workout yesterday and it was fun. Is being able to do the same in squat and bench normal? I suspect I´m quite off balance atm.


Yeah when you even out i think its normal for bench to be around 1/2-3/4 of your squat depending on the person.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
April 11 2012 16:35 GMT
#3290
Fuck, I miss confidence when doing squats. On Monday I did 1x5 92kg @ 76kg bw but couldn't do the other 2 sets. Today, I did 1x5 and 1x2 92kg @ 76kg bw . It's definitely a confidence thing with squats. My deadlift has been progressing pretty linearly. Should I deload? How much?
For the Swarm!
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 11 2012 17:07 GMT
#3291
Last night's TKD class was awesome. Less of the higher ranks showed up, so there was a lot of focus on basic technical stuff, which is one of the major things I want to get out of it. I know enough about scrapping fighting dirty, but clean, technical fighting has never been my strong suit.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 11 2012 17:59 GMT
#3292
I hate my back.

Now taking the time I was doing SS and am just trying to get more mobile/improve posture. Fix anterior pelvic tilt. THere isn't much I can do in the upper body until they correct my T spine fusion though.

LIterally every muscle in my body is tight. What are some good stretches to start with? Sitting with my legs extended and my torso at 90% I cannot do T.T
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
April 11 2012 18:44 GMT
#3293
Starting Stretching

Should be good enough. Also check out reddit's fitness subreddit, the FAQ has a good write up on how to fix anterior/posterior pelvic tilt.
Victory Loves Preparation
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 11 2012 18:47 GMT
#3294
Had sex again for the first time in a week, swelling in my jaw is gone. If I feel this good tomorrow I'll do a little workout (:
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 19:16:13
April 11 2012 19:05 GMT
#3295
On April 12 2012 02:59 Froadac wrote:
I hate my back.

Now taking the time I was doing SS and am just trying to get more mobile/improve posture. Fix anterior pelvic tilt. THere isn't much I can do in the upper body until they correct my T spine fusion though.

LIterally every muscle in my body is tight. What are some good stretches to start with? Sitting with my legs extended and my torso at 90% I cannot do T.T


heres an article http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_repair/hardcore_stretching_part_ii

different stretches to catch's link
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 11 2012 19:15 GMT
#3296
On April 12 2012 03:44 Catch wrote:
Starting Stretching

Should be good enough. Also check out reddit's fitness subreddit, the FAQ has a good write up on how to fix anterior/posterior pelvic tilt.

Rear hand clasp imbalance D: Something to work on
Thanks for link!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 11 2012 19:16 GMT
#3297
On April 12 2012 04:15 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 03:44 Catch wrote:
Starting Stretching

Should be good enough. Also check out reddit's fitness subreddit, the FAQ has a good write up on how to fix anterior/posterior pelvic tilt.

Rear hand clasp imbalance D: Something to work on
Thanks for link!


dont forget your standing pike
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 11 2012 19:21 GMT
#3298
On April 12 2012 04:16 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 04:15 mordek wrote:
On April 12 2012 03:44 Catch wrote:
Starting Stretching

Should be good enough. Also check out reddit's fitness subreddit, the FAQ has a good write up on how to fix anterior/posterior pelvic tilt.

Rear hand clasp imbalance D: Something to work on
Thanks for link!


dont forget your standing pike

No sir!
Anyone else find they can easily (or more easily) grab their hands one way compared to the other for the rear hand clasp?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 11 2012 20:34 GMT
#3299
Thanks for the stretching stuff. Hopefully a couple months will be enough time to get reasonably limber.

I think I can still bench and DL, but that's about it in terms of SS. Should I continue doing that?
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 21:09:24
April 11 2012 21:08 GMT
#3300
Trying to fix my posture (which has been shitty ever since i was a kid) and being a competative benchpresser didnt really help... Been doing some stretching and trying to be aware of my posture as much as possible

Also doing less pecs and more back workouts
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.