• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 164

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 379 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 10 2012 02:37 GMT
#3261
On April 10 2012 07:29 Hurricane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 23:08 Mementoss wrote:
I have a question for you guys about shoes. I got a pair of shoes for lifting for easter I has asked for some converse, cause I know they're good for squat and deadlift cause there so flat, and there a cheap alternative to other lifting shoes. (Plus one of my powerlifting buddies that squats/deadlifts over 500 uses them so they must be OK)

Instead they went to sportchek and asked the guy for help and he said these shoes were bad for lifting and pulled out a pair of nike livestrong and said that converse was terrible for lifting.

I think they are something like this, don't know exact model.

[image loading]


I don't have a focus on the olympic lifts. Right now I do stronglifts, so my focus is on squat (low bar) deadlift bench ohp row. My gym doesn't have room/proper equipment for them.

I have reciept with me incase I wanted to change them not sure what to do.

EDIT* Used to do lifts without shoes, gym people started saying no. So I was pissed and now need a decent shoe.

return those shoes.

The idea behind lifting shoes is to create the best platform for transferring your force from your feet to the ground. The harder the sole, the better the transfer of force. Shoes like those are designed for running and "cross training" which means the shoe is designed around comfort and making running easier, which leads to a more shock absorbent (really really bad) and contoured sole, many of which are intended to help move pressure to the ball of the foot which is dangerous when lifting heavy weights (I pulled my groin due to this).


yup. Oly lifting shoes are good for everything but deadlifts, which you should do barefoot or wearing slippers.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
April 10 2012 03:01 GMT
#3262
The only thing that makes me against slippers is a lot of them are actually raised and made of spongy material that seems like an unstable base for your feet. Also the fact that they are only partly attached to your foot makes it seem even less stable.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
April 10 2012 03:03 GMT
#3263
The midsoles of my lifting shoes are so hard I could probably crack walnuts with em.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
April 10 2012 03:18 GMT
#3264
Lol, are you wearing Romaleos lyAsakura? If so, I think I know what you mean. The first time I put mine on and walked in them, it felt like I was wearing cement blocks for shoes. Thank goodness for the option of training insoles vs. competition ones.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 10 2012 03:29 GMT
#3265
On April 10 2012 12:01 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
The only thing that makes me against slippers is a lot of them are actually raised and made of spongy material that seems like an unstable base for your feet. Also the fact that they are only partly attached to your foot makes it seem even less stable.

huh, never heard of those kind of slippers. I own this ones:

http://www.titansupport.com/products/workout-essentials/footwear/deadlift-slippers-men-s.html
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 10 2012 03:53 GMT
#3266
On April 10 2012 12:18 MeShiet wrote:
Lol, are you wearing Romaleos lyAsakura? If so, I think I know what you mean. The first time I put mine on and walked in them, it felt like I was wearing cement blocks for shoes. Thank goodness for the option of training insoles vs. competition ones.


bah i wanna try a pair. or the sexy new adidas
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
April 10 2012 04:39 GMT
#3267
On April 10 2012 12:53 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 12:18 MeShiet wrote:
Lol, are you wearing Romaleos lyAsakura? If so, I think I know what you mean. The first time I put mine on and walked in them, it felt like I was wearing cement blocks for shoes. Thank goodness for the option of training insoles vs. competition ones.


bah i wanna try a pair. or the sexy new adidas

The Adidas look even better in reality than they do in picture form. I'd try to find white shoe laces for them though. Canadian colours so pretty =]
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 06:27:17
April 10 2012 06:26 GMT
#3268
On April 10 2012 12:29 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 12:01 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
The only thing that makes me against slippers is a lot of them are actually raised and made of spongy material that seems like an unstable base for your feet. Also the fact that they are only partly attached to your foot makes it seem even less stable.

huh, never heard of those kind of slippers. I own this ones:

http://www.titansupport.com/products/workout-essentials/footwear/deadlift-slippers-men-s.html

Nvm, I was thinking of stuff like this. That looks fine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 10 2012 13:47 GMT
#3269
On April 10 2012 15:26 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 12:29 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 10 2012 12:01 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
The only thing that makes me against slippers is a lot of them are actually raised and made of spongy material that seems like an unstable base for your feet. Also the fact that they are only partly attached to your foot makes it seem even less stable.

huh, never heard of those kind of slippers. I own this ones:

http://www.titansupport.com/products/workout-essentials/footwear/deadlift-slippers-men-s.html

Nvm, I was thinking of stuff like this. That looks fine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

The sole compresses and they are just as high as chucks, so hell to the no.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 10 2012 14:13 GMT
#3270
On April 10 2012 22:47 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 15:26 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
On April 10 2012 12:29 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 10 2012 12:01 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
The only thing that makes me against slippers is a lot of them are actually raised and made of spongy material that seems like an unstable base for your feet. Also the fact that they are only partly attached to your foot makes it seem even less stable.

huh, never heard of those kind of slippers. I own this ones:

http://www.titansupport.com/products/workout-essentials/footwear/deadlift-slippers-men-s.html

Nvm, I was thinking of stuff like this. That looks fine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

The sole compresses and they are just as high as chucks, so hell to the no.

Which is why he advised against them in his first post

My mom used to give me crap for wearing chucks because they didn't have arch support. Ha! Teenage victory right there.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 10 2012 14:45 GMT
#3271
Woot. Just picked up my pullup bar so I can actually work my biceps in my home exercise routine. Got to get in shape. Can't even do 20 pullups anymore.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 10 2012 16:13 GMT
#3272
If I can do 270lb squat 3x5 what would you guess my 5rm to be?

Also 20 pullups is quite respectable!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
April 10 2012 16:19 GMT
#3273
On April 11 2012 01:13 mordek wrote:
If I can do 270lb squat 3x5 what would you guess my 5rm to be?

Also 20 pullups is quite respectable!

Do you mean 1 rep max? When I squat for 3x5 my worksets are pretty close to my 5rm

If you mean 1 rep max this is pretty nice tool: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 10 2012 16:20 GMT
#3274
On April 11 2012 01:13 mordek wrote:
If I can do 270lb squat 3x5 what would you guess my 5rm to be?

Also 20 pullups is quite respectable!


Yeah, but I can't do 20 anymore. 3x5 destroyed me. I've never been too concerned about hitting huge muscle mass, but I've always had decent strength and excellent endurance, so it's annoying after I spent so long in the Army, and then did rock climbing for fun for a while, even if it's been a long time since I got much exercise, it's frustrating to be in this terrible of condition.

Need to get back to being able to do 75+ situps consecutive, too. Right now I could probably hit 30, and that's mostly due to being stubborn as all piss.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 10 2012 16:23 GMT
#3275
On April 11 2012 01:19 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 01:13 mordek wrote:
If I can do 270lb squat 3x5 what would you guess my 5rm to be?

Also 20 pullups is quite respectable!

Do you mean 1 rep max? When I squat for 3x5 my worksets are pretty close to my 5rm

If you mean 1 rep max this is pretty nice tool: http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Hmm I guess I misunderstood what a 5rm was. Figured it was a 1x5 max that would be more than I could do for 3 sets. Thanks for the link!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 10 2012 17:20 GMT
#3276
lol, first workout after 4 days of LAN and other questionable lifestyle (with only moderate drinking).

Lost some weight but time put it back on.

Had some new faces in my gym today. One of those was this smoking hot blonde and let me tell you that deadlifting suits are the best thing ever. It was like she was drowning in her own boobs...so hard to concentrate on lifting though...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 10 2012 17:36 GMT
#3277
On April 10 2012 15:26 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2012 12:29 GoTuNk! wrote:
On April 10 2012 12:01 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
The only thing that makes me against slippers is a lot of them are actually raised and made of spongy material that seems like an unstable base for your feet. Also the fact that they are only partly attached to your foot makes it seem even less stable.

huh, never heard of those kind of slippers. I own this ones:

http://www.titansupport.com/products/workout-essentials/footwear/deadlift-slippers-men-s.html

Nvm, I was thinking of stuff like this. That looks fine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ya I own those two, I wear them to shower -,-
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
April 10 2012 19:46 GMT
#3278
Grend

Age: 23 || Height: 193cm || Weight: 97kg
Starting Date: April 10, 2011 || Goal Date: December 31 2012
Weight goals -- Maintain weight and, decrease fat percentage
Training goals -- Do 1.1x body weight in bench, Do 1.2x in Squat and Dead Lift.
Maintaining a stable 3 days a week workout regime, with squash in-between.
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 10 2012 20:52 GMT
#3279


On April 11 2012 04:46 Grend wrote:
Grend

Age: 23 || Height: 193cm || Weight: 97kg
Starting Date: April 10, 2011 || Goal Date: December 31 2012
Weight goals -- Maintain weight and, decrease fat percentage
Training goals -- Do 1.1x body weight in bench, Do 1.2x in Squat and Dead Lift.
Maintaining a stable 3 days a week workout regime, with squash in-between.


you'll be able to hit that waaaaaaay faster than december. Starting strength should put you at 120kg squat in like a month :D

On April 11 2012 02:20 sJarl wrote:
lol, first workout after 4 days of LAN and other questionable lifestyle (with only moderate drinking).

Lost some weight but time put it back on.

Had some new faces in my gym today. One of those was this smoking hot blonde and let me tell you that deadlifting suits are the best thing ever. It was like she was drowning in her own boobs...so hard to concentrate on lifting though...


hahahaha. girls deadlifting is awesome
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
April 10 2012 23:52 GMT
#3280
Been working out.... gained about 9 lbs so far.... lol

trying to get up to 150-160is range
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.