• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 162

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 379 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 07 2012 18:16 GMT
#3221
On April 08 2012 03:14 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Imo 220kg (485LB!) DL is way more impressive than 90kg press, still, all your lifts are really good.

Looks like you're going for pure powerlifting, good luck on your goals (:


err I disagree. I pulled 210 but I can't press more than 60 lol.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
April 07 2012 18:38 GMT
#3222
On April 08 2012 03:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2012 03:14 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Imo 220kg (485LB!) DL is way more impressive than 90kg press, still, all your lifts are really good.

Looks like you're going for pure powerlifting, good luck on your goals (:


err I disagree. I pulled 210 but I can't press more than 60 lol.


Your lower body is silly strong though lol.

I press 70lb dumbbells for 6-7 reps and 75lb for 3-4 and 155lb press (70kg) and my DL is 355lb (161kg) and compared to people at my gym I'd consider my dead-lift pretty damn good (then I come here and I feel like I started working out last week -.-) but my press nothing special whatsoever. Depends how you train I suppose.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
April 07 2012 18:43 GMT
#3223
I would consider them pretty close but press slightly better.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
April 07 2012 19:01 GMT
#3224
What's your goal? increase overall strength? look better? powerlifting?
I can help you with the latter.

My goal are to increase overall strength, and my aim are to became atleast a semi-strongman .

Imo 220kg (485LB!) DL is way more impressive than 90kg press, still, all your lifts are really good.

Looks like you're going for pure powerlifting, good luck on your goals (:

Ye deadlift is my favorite exercise, in press general i've been sloppy.
But ill try to increase it so much as possible :D

Holy cow your press is strong. Do you squat low-bar or high bar btw?

Thanks man I do squad with high bar

[image loading]
Stay strong, forever strong!
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
April 07 2012 19:07 GMT
#3225
Been watching a lot of old WSM finals on youtube lately, always liked watching strongman stuff. Some of the guys there are ridiculously strong. I think it's especially funny they all struggle so hard at like 180-190kg log press using a ton of leg drive, then out comes Savickas and presses 210kg with no leg drive, lol.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
April 07 2012 19:19 GMT
#3226
Been watching a lot of old WSM finals on youtube lately, always liked watching strongman stuff. Some of the guys there are ridiculously strong. I think it's especially funny they all struggle so hard at like 180-190kg log press using a ton of leg drive, then out comes Savickas and presses 210kg with no leg drive, lol.

Yes Savickas is guaranteed one of the strongest man right now.
Heres a link there he goes for a WR(world record) with "hummer tire deadlift" That's impressive!
And yea, hes presses are just sick :D
Stay strong, forever strong!
aloT
Profile Joined April 2010
England1042 Posts
April 07 2012 19:20 GMT
#3227
it is utterly jaw dropping for me to comprehend the numbers you guys talk about... I have been going to the gym for 6 weeks now and can barely do 3x3 70kg pulls
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 07 2012 19:28 GMT
#3228
On April 08 2012 04:19 extr3me wrote:
Show nested quote +
Been watching a lot of old WSM finals on youtube lately, always liked watching strongman stuff. Some of the guys there are ridiculously strong. I think it's especially funny they all struggle so hard at like 180-190kg log press using a ton of leg drive, then out comes Savickas and presses 210kg with no leg drive, lol.

Yes Savickas is guaranteed one of the strongest man right now.
Heres a link there he goes for a WR(world record) with "hummer tire deadlift" That's impressive!
And yea, hes presses are just sick :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hp6O1n6YeY


nordics are imba. That guy is bigger than my fridge.
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
April 07 2012 19:33 GMT
#3229
it is utterly jaw dropping for me to comprehend the numbers you guys talk about... I have been going to the gym for 6 weeks now and can barely do 3x3 70kg pulls

Just stay at the gym for a half year man
Be at the gym and do not go away from the gym then you will see BIG differences
I were at 80kg in deadlift, after 6-7months in the gym I was at 200kg. (NO ROIDS/JUICE)
And I dont use straps, belt only
Stay strong, forever strong!
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
April 07 2012 21:33 GMT
#3230
I fucking murdered 335x3 squat today holy fuck.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
April 07 2012 22:38 GMT
#3231
On April 08 2012 04:07 Sneakyz wrote:
Been watching a lot of old WSM finals on youtube lately, always liked watching strongman stuff. Some of the guys there are ridiculously strong. I think it's especially funny they all struggle so hard at like 180-190kg log press using a ton of leg drive, then out comes Savickas and presses 210kg with no leg drive, lol.


It's so entertaining, damn. I love watching big men lift things up and put them down.
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 08 2012 17:49 GMT
#3232
Managed to eat a banana today; progress yo >.< Can't wait to get back on track again.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
April 08 2012 22:26 GMT
#3233
I did have a perfect workout for my back today aka deadlift.
Were warming up with 1x5 120kg, later on I did add on 1x5 170kg, 180kg, 190kg and 1x3 on 200kg.

Stay strong people!
Stay strong, forever strong!
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
April 09 2012 01:11 GMT
#3234
On April 09 2012 07:26 extr3me wrote:
I did have a perfect workout for my back today aka deadlift.
Were warming up with 1x5 120kg, later on I did add on 1x5 170kg, 180kg, 190kg and 1x3 on 200kg.

Stay strong people!


wow that is pretty sick dude
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 12:51:09
April 09 2012 02:19 GMT
#3235
Progress pics on my cut.

3 or 4 weeks in
Before
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


So far:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


BF estimate? Getting to 10% by mid june, hopefully I can do it.
Edit: 5'10 @ 175
Victory Loves Preparation
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 02:59:14
April 09 2012 02:56 GMT
#3236
nice shoulders man

yesterday:
5 hr sleep T__T
squat 80kg 3x5
press 45kg 6-6-3
stretch 20-30 mins or whatever
back died after 3 hrs at work, could barely support my own body -.-
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
FreezingAssassin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 03:15:23
April 09 2012 03:13 GMT
#3237
ive been at the gym since last August. Where in those..8 months ish I've mainly focused on putting on muscle. Consistent protein shakes, eating quite a handful of carbs and protein/fats. And I have gained about 10 pounds. I lost some fast in process and gained quite some muscle.

I never used a BMI to find out body percentage that was fat but I may have been hovering around 12%? Where I am about 5'9 and now 150ibs.

But here comes the problem

I want to start cutting up a bit. I started a week ago and am going to try to continue with the schedule. I will do massive amounts of reps with less weight and cardio more, like bike to and from the gym and work and run and such.
so a typical day will look like this
-bike 5 miles, lift 3/4 sets of 20 run a mile, bike home/to work/bike home. its about 10 miles of biking. Thats workout. Then meal is where im not completly sure of.

I was thinking of donig an extreme lack of eating for like a week perhaps. Eat 2 meals breakfast/lunch. And then drink a protein shake + 3 meal replacements. Nothing else. Then after that week or so. eat 4 smaller meals and drink about 2 shakes.

Im still not sure about the dieting part since Im slowly getting cut but i still have work to do.

My goal is to be decently cut by June at the latest. Any tips?
"I love when stupid stuff happens, it makes me look smart" - IdrA
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-09 03:20:48
April 09 2012 03:19 GMT
#3238
theoretically if you eat 500kcal less per day over those 12 weeks (or burn 500kcal more per day), you will lose ~5.5kg . so you dont have to go totally hardcore about it.. that alone would put you at 62kg :/
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
April 09 2012 03:49 GMT
#3239
On April 09 2012 11:19 Catch wrote:
Progress pics on my cut.

3 or 4 weeks in
Before
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


So far:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


BF estimate? Getting to 10% by mid june, hopefully I can do it.


On Friday head to reddit.com/r/fitness and they have a thingy called "Body Fat Friday" where you can post those and get peoples' estimates, I don't think people on TL that kinda thing very often.
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
April 09 2012 11:24 GMT
#3240
Todays lifts were benchpress, I dont like benchpress at all but lets type in the results!
1x10 50kg, 1x5 70kg, 1x13 80kg, 1x5 90kg, 1x6 100kg and 1x2 105kg.
My PR(Personal Record) are 115kg benchpress.

Stay strong!
Stay strong, forever strong!
Prev 1 160 161 162 163 164 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.