• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12625 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 169

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 379 Next
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
April 14 2012 13:31 GMT
#3361
So i have set myself new goals, I want to do unassisted chinup's pullups and dips. I am currently doing assisted and a PT who is really friendly at the gym I go to suggested doing a very controlled decline during these exercises and this will help me to achieve my goals quicker so focusing on that. I really hate pull ups atm probably because I am shit at them but quite enjoy dips although I swear sometimes it feels like my ribcage is going to implode.
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 14 2012 14:11 GMT
#3362
On April 14 2012 12:17 MeShiet wrote:
First weightlifting competition for me tomorrow, I'm only starting to feel the restlessness now.
Been training for 4 months now with the aim of competing, the day has finally come. HERE WE GOOOO!!


Good luck! Have fun
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 14 2012 14:54 GMT
#3363
GL Meshiet.
Expect everything to start later than scheduled and plan ahead :p
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 15:24:56
April 14 2012 15:22 GMT
#3364
Today's workout:

8 Sprints (100m each):
70%
80%
90%
100%
2x acceleration to 100%
100%
100%
100m walking between each sprint

5min pause

HIIT:
8 intervalls 20-30sec until total exhaustion, 15 deep breaths between each intervall

Keep them calories burning. Now I am getting myself some ice-cream!
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
April 14 2012 15:32 GMT
#3365
On April 12 2012 00:05 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 21:54 Metallingus wrote:
I was supposed to do the following today:

Squat 6 x 145
Bench 6 x 130
Deadlift (conventional) 6 x 210

Instead I decided to try and test my max since I'll be out of commission for a while because of oral surgery (need to have wisdom teeth removed). Ended up with:

Squat 2 x 205
Bench 2 x 143
Deadlift 2 x 265

BW @ 195 lbs (26% bodyfat though >_<) Sets were 6,6,6,3,3,1 for Squat and Bench, 6,3,3,2,2,1 for DL but had enough gas in the tank to pull off doubles.

Not great in general, but all PRs for me. At the beginning of the year one of the goals I set is a 4-digit total by end of year. Totaling 613 today it doesn't seem too far away to me, except for the fact that I have oral surgery scheduled for next week and another one after maybe a month or two. A few questions:

1. Is that four digit total still doable (I actually plan to join some PL meets next year)? If so,
2. The reason for my testing out maxes is that I plan to try out Chad Smith's Juggernaut Method. Has this worked for anyone and what were your gains?
3. If the above isn't too great for reaching my goal (although a lot of people I talked to point out that the program above is great for increasing GPP, which isn't too bad since I plan to go back to BJJ and want to be strong as hell for that) what program/s would work? Are SS / 5x5; mainly with the goal of getting 5 reps on whatever weight I max out on, viable?


Yeah i would start off with something like 5x5 before you look into other programs, you're just above bodyweight squat so you definitely have some room to go with novice gains.


Thanks decaf! Gonna be weird starting out with just the bar again, but it'll be for the best I guess.
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
April 14 2012 15:37 GMT
#3366
On April 15 2012 00:32 Metallingus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 00:05 decafchicken wrote:
On April 11 2012 21:54 Metallingus wrote:
I was supposed to do the following today:

Squat 6 x 145
Bench 6 x 130
Deadlift (conventional) 6 x 210

Instead I decided to try and test my max since I'll be out of commission for a while because of oral surgery (need to have wisdom teeth removed). Ended up with:

Squat 2 x 205
Bench 2 x 143
Deadlift 2 x 265

BW @ 195 lbs (26% bodyfat though >_<) Sets were 6,6,6,3,3,1 for Squat and Bench, 6,3,3,2,2,1 for DL but had enough gas in the tank to pull off doubles.

Not great in general, but all PRs for me. At the beginning of the year one of the goals I set is a 4-digit total by end of year. Totaling 613 today it doesn't seem too far away to me, except for the fact that I have oral surgery scheduled for next week and another one after maybe a month or two. A few questions:

1. Is that four digit total still doable (I actually plan to join some PL meets next year)? If so,
2. The reason for my testing out maxes is that I plan to try out Chad Smith's Juggernaut Method. Has this worked for anyone and what were your gains?
3. If the above isn't too great for reaching my goal (although a lot of people I talked to point out that the program above is great for increasing GPP, which isn't too bad since I plan to go back to BJJ and want to be strong as hell for that) what program/s would work? Are SS / 5x5; mainly with the goal of getting 5 reps on whatever weight I max out on, viable?


Yeah i would start off with something like 5x5 before you look into other programs, you're just above bodyweight squat so you definitely have some room to go with novice gains.


Thanks decaf! Gonna be weird starting out with just the bar again, but it'll be for the best I guess.

You don't have to start with the bar again... calculate your 5RM, take off 10-20% or so and use that weight. Unless you don't work out for 2+ weeks, you're not going to lose any significant amount of strength.
Official Entusman #21
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 14 2012 17:47 GMT
#3367
Being sick is lame. Trying to bulk while sick is lamer. Bleh.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 14 2012 19:53 GMT
#3368
So my 18 year old buddy just broke the junior world record today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=131538016977512
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
April 14 2012 19:54 GMT
#3369
On April 15 2012 04:53 sJarl wrote:
So my 18 year old buddy just broke the junior world record today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=131538016977512

crazy...

Are everyone in your gym elite lifters?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 14 2012 20:07 GMT
#3370
On April 15 2012 04:54 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 04:53 sJarl wrote:
So my 18 year old buddy just broke the junior world record today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=131538016977512

crazy...

Are everyone in your gym elite lifters?


nope, not me

it's a semi closed gym and while it has it's weaklings it prolly has the highest ratio of elite lifters to rookies in the country.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
April 14 2012 20:16 GMT
#3371
Double overhand eh.

Manly.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 14 2012 20:16 GMT
#3372
On April 15 2012 05:07 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 04:54 KOVU wrote:
On April 15 2012 04:53 sJarl wrote:
So my 18 year old buddy just broke the junior world record today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=131538016977512

crazy...

Are everyone in your gym elite lifters?


nope, not me

it's a semi closed gym and while it has it's weaklings it prolly has the highest ratio of elite lifters to rookies in the country.


man, mad jelly over here
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
April 14 2012 21:12 GMT
#3373
On April 15 2012 05:07 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 04:54 KOVU wrote:
On April 15 2012 04:53 sJarl wrote:
So my 18 year old buddy just broke the junior world record today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=131538016977512

crazy...

Are everyone in your gym elite lifters?


nope, not me

it's a semi closed gym and while it has it's weaklings it prolly has the highest ratio of elite lifters to rookies in the country.

Want so badly
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-14 21:58:16
April 14 2012 21:48 GMT
#3374
On April 15 2012 05:16 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2012 05:07 sJarl wrote:
On April 15 2012 04:54 KOVU wrote:
On April 15 2012 04:53 sJarl wrote:
So my 18 year old buddy just broke the junior world record today.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=131538016977512

crazy...

Are everyone in your gym elite lifters?


nope, not me

it's a semi closed gym and while it has it's weaklings it prolly has the highest ratio of elite lifters to rookies in the country.


man, mad jelly over here


Considering that "the country" has produced many of the worlds strongest men despite a relatively small population, yes pleeze want. What exactly do you mean by "semi-closed" and in that case, how did you go about getting access?

Just tried doing some pushups for the hell of it.... GODDAMN these things became difficult. I haven't done them.... pretty much since I started lifting, and a set of fifteen pushups just left me more exhausted than bench ever has. Before I even started lifting, I could do at least twice this many. There's something to be said for muscle memory, and the fact that I've put on over 50 lbs since I last performed a proper pushup =(
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 14 2012 22:15 GMT
#3375
LOL 15. i can do 23 yo
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 14 2012 22:36 GMT
#3376
Damn you all in this thread. The suit that I purchased this time last year barely fits around my shoulders, and the waist on the pants are too big. If I make it to 220 by next spring (my goal) I'm going to have to buy a new suit for Med School interviews.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
April 14 2012 22:41 GMT
#3377
On April 15 2012 07:36 phyre112 wrote:
Damn you all in this thread. The suit that I purchased this time last year barely fits around my shoulders, and the waist on the pants are too big. If I make it to 220 by next spring (my goal) I'm going to have to buy a new suit for Med School interviews.


Bah, I don't want to hear it, I have Crohn's. I have to have 3 different waist sizes in pants available at any given time. One for normal use, one for weight loss from flares, one in case I get fluffy from meds.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
April 14 2012 22:56 GMT
#3378
sick video sjarl.

Updates on the meet meshiet! good luck
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 15 2012 00:09 GMT
#3379
Had our first game at the state vs state mid west all star tournament. Won 99-5 our first game ROFL
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 15 2012 00:21 GMT
#3380
lol nordic people. In chile there is only 1 guy that can deadlift/squat more than 300 curently.

Today did only BP:
BP 97.5x3x2, 105x3x2, 112.5x3x2, 120x1 KG

Also hit a personal low on weight, 76,05kg this morning (drink yesterday so prolly real weight around 76,5 or smth)

If I lose 1-2 more kg I can start wearing some of my old clothes, and I think when I lose around 4kg I should have ripped abs and shit. If I can sustain my 120kg BP till then its gonna skyrocket when I start bulking again. Btw feel free to suggest some sort of power body building routines, as I have no clue about that but when I go again to 79kg I want to be pure muscle.
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1446
TKL 478
IndyStarCraft 292
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1446
TKL 478
IndyStarCraft 292
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23664
Calm 2286
Shuttle 355
Mini 168
White-Ra 147
ZZZero.O 110
firebathero 77
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1387
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Liquid`Hasu594
MindelVK27
Other Games
summit1g6123
Liquid`RaSZi2259
fl0m1635
FrodaN1407
B2W.Neo745
olofmeister654
Khaldor478
Beastyqt342
Livibee185
crisheroes133
Pyrionflax120
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 21
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 12
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1290
• Shiphtur691
• WagamamaTV332
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
Replay Cast
3h 18m
OSC
16h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.