• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:28
CEST 01:28
KST 08:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7250 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 49

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 58 Next
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
July 25 2013 04:26 GMT
#961
On July 24 2013 09:26 lamprey1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 08:39 eshlow wrote:
On July 24 2013 03:13 lamprey1 wrote:
On July 24 2013 00:25 eshlow wrote:
And that's why professional athletes have doctors, physical therapists, and other rehabilaition specialists on staff now.

It's up to the athlete if they want to push through the pain and shorten their career.

If they do the rehab and get it fixed and correctly work up to it they can do the same things that they were previously able to do again


after all the back and forth you are now acknowledging the original point.

On July 17 2013 00:58 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
If he does not solve this issue in the next three months this could become a career shortening injury.


waste of time.

just for the record tendonitis also ends the careers of pro gamers and musicians.
as you age tendon flexibility diminishes.

the killer for tendonitis is repitition.


wtf are you talking about.

If they don't push through the pain, and get it rehabbed then their career won't be shortened at all

It's when they push through the pain constantly that it devolves potentially into something worse... which may or may not shorten a career after it gets fixed.

It if does end up shortening a career its most likely because the athlete was on the downside of their career and coming back isn't worth the time and effort, or they weren't that good in the first place so it makes no sense to continue. the best will almost always come back as the best if they rehab properly


you guys already agree. tendon injuries, improperly dealt will shorten careers. if tiger remains on large doses of anti-inflammatories he is risking his long term health.

also,
tendons get less flexible due to age and steroid use.
many studies indicate steroid use weakens collagen.
and "pushing through the pain" is what Tiger Woods is doing. He is on anti-inflammatories.
Anti-inflammatories do not strengthen colllagen.

steroid abuse harms you in many ways including decreasing tendon flexibility and shortening your career.

problem is you started off saying the guy "knew nothing".
this is a forum board. you do not know what i know and dont know.
stick to the info at hand rather than personal attacks.

the big team of therapists and doctors around does not guarantee proper treatment. many athletes mismanage their injuries despite getting great advice from very smart experienced medical staff. off the top of my head i can list 10 such situations where the athlete ignored sound medical advice putting his career in jeopardy.


On July 17 2013 00:58 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Tiger Woods still has medial epicondylitis after months of rest.

If he does not solve this issue in the next three months this could become a career shortening injury.
He may have to once again go through a major alteration to his swing.

tendonitis can become an extremely difficult thing to deal with if it drags on for months.


Uh, yeah, this is just a bunch of random speculation as I said. And it's non-sequitur... he just randomly comes in here and states stuff about Tiger Woods that no one cares about. Therefore, I stand by my statements.

And here you go talk about steroids and NSAIDs when we don't know whether or not he's actually using them or not. More random speculation on what may or may not be true.

If you would like to actually contribute to this thread and help people based on their injuries be my guest. Otherwise, please go away and argue about this garbage somewhere else.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
July 26 2013 19:27 GMT
#962
hey guys, look at this, it might help you prevent giving yourself a brain injury

[image loading]

anyone here have experience dealing with bunions? My right foot has progressively gotten worse over the years and I'd really like to get the surgery done before next spring when i get back on insurance.

for now, i kinda gotta deal. I use one of those little rubber pads that you slip on over your toe, but it doesnt do a whole bunch and ive been getting really bad blood blisters now that callous over real fast. ive been cutting away the dead skin since they pop any time i play soccer and then it is uncomfortable after, but i dont know if that is really advisable

anyone use any of those bunion socks or anything? I had tried taping it in the past, but that just seems to put even more stress on the tendon and makes it hurt when i walk. right now, it is usually only an issue after i play ball, or even moreso if i do something on a hardtop like basketball or tennis
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
ElvisWayCool
Profile Joined March 2010
United States437 Posts
July 27 2013 17:44 GMT
#963
Got some lower back pain, looking for a stretch or two that might help me out.

I was doing a lot of kettle bell swings yesterday and by the end of the workout I was barely able to bend over. I'm feeling better today but I can tell it's still tight so I've been stretching as much as I can. Lots of foam rolling, which doesn't help as much as I'd like, and things like the cow-cat stretch (or whatever it's called) in yoga where you get on hands and knees and alternate between flexed and extended back positions, that one helps more.

It's lower back to hips range that's really stressed out. Any good back stretches you guys care to share?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 29 2013 21:16 GMT
#964
Have you tried a lacrosse ball in place of a foam roller. Works about 20x better for the back (shoulders/hamstrings...)
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 29 2013 22:00 GMT
#965
On July 27 2013 04:27 QuanticHawk wrote:
hey guys, look at this, it might help you prevent giving yourself a brain injury

[image loading]

anyone here have experience dealing with bunions? My right foot has progressively gotten worse over the years and I'd really like to get the surgery done before next spring when i get back on insurance.

for now, i kinda gotta deal. I use one of those little rubber pads that you slip on over your toe, but it doesnt do a whole bunch and ive been getting really bad blood blisters now that callous over real fast. ive been cutting away the dead skin since they pop any time i play soccer and then it is uncomfortable after, but i dont know if that is really advisable

anyone use any of those bunion socks or anything? I had tried taping it in the past, but that just seems to put even more stress on the tendon and makes it hurt when i walk. right now, it is usually only an issue after i play ball, or even moreso if i do something on a hardtop like basketball or tennis


I've got pretty big bunions but i usually dont have any pain or problems with them so no idea I imagine someday i'll need surgery or somethin.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ElvisWayCool
Profile Joined March 2010
United States437 Posts
July 30 2013 03:28 GMT
#966
On July 30 2013 06:16 mordek wrote:
Have you tried a lacrosse ball in place of a foam roller. Works about 20x better for the back (shoulders/hamstrings...)


I have some lax balls at home but I'm on an extended vacation for the summer and don't have any with my unfortunately. I think the gym I'm going to has some though, I'll try that out tomorrow. Thanks
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
July 30 2013 05:52 GMT
#967
On July 28 2013 02:44 ElvisWayCool wrote:
Got some lower back pain, looking for a stretch or two that might help me out.

I was doing a lot of kettle bell swings yesterday and by the end of the workout I was barely able to bend over. I'm feeling better today but I can tell it's still tight so I've been stretching as much as I can. Lots of foam rolling, which doesn't help as much as I'd like, and things like the cow-cat stretch (or whatever it's called) in yoga where you get on hands and knees and alternate between flexed and extended back positions, that one helps more.

It's lower back to hips range that's really stressed out. Any good back stretches you guys care to share?


try the mobility from here:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
July 30 2013 05:53 GMT
#968
Can't really say I have anything for bunions other than strengthening the foot intrinsics

Make sure it doesn't get worse by wearing cramped shoes though
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
July 30 2013 09:13 GMT
#969
Is it possible to have both shin splints and stress fracture? I've battled my shin splints for months now but I realized some extreme pain while pressing on certain bone areas, almost near the connection to the foot. My physiotherapist said it was unlikely that I had stress fracture because the pain subsides after a while, although when it was at its worst I hurted when walking for days after exercising. Is it necessary to diagnose the stress fracture even if you have it? From what I read the treatment plans seems pretty much identical.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
July 30 2013 16:31 GMT
#970
On July 30 2013 18:13 Shauni wrote:
Is it possible to have both shin splints and stress fracture? I've battled my shin splints for months now but I realized some extreme pain while pressing on certain bone areas, almost near the connection to the foot. My physiotherapist said it was unlikely that I had stress fracture because the pain subsides after a while, although when it was at its worst I hurted when walking for days after exercising. Is it necessary to diagnose the stress fracture even if you have it? From what I read the treatment plans seems pretty much identical.


Yes, but what your physio said is most likely correct.

Shin splints exacerbated can eventually put so much stress on the bone that it can stress fracture.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 21:03:48
July 30 2013 20:58 GMT
#971
On July 31 2013 01:31 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2013 18:13 Shauni wrote:
Is it possible to have both shin splints and stress fracture? I've battled my shin splints for months now but I realized some extreme pain while pressing on certain bone areas, almost near the connection to the foot. My physiotherapist said it was unlikely that I had stress fracture because the pain subsides after a while, although when it was at its worst I hurted when walking for days after exercising. Is it necessary to diagnose the stress fracture even if you have it? From what I read the treatment plans seems pretty much identical.


Yes, but what your physio said is most likely correct.

Shin splints exacerbated can eventually put so much stress on the bone that it can stress fracture.


I don't understand your reply. It's contradictory to me. I've had shin splints for 3 years, and it only grew worse and worse until I couldn't exercise without painkillers. I can feel two different types of pain during rehabiliation exercises and one feels as if it's muscle related and one hurts inside the bone. Why do you not think it could be stress fracture? If so then what could be wrong with my legs? I've spent three months rehabilitation without any impact whatsoever, but after skipping rope for merely five minutes, my shin bones starts aching whenever I walk. I must get back to badminton in two weeks, and I'm back to square one again. There just isnt enough time anymore. I've had a great physiotherapist, I've spent probably 4 hours a day in average on rehabilitation this summer, it's just too cruel if I have to retire now.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
lannisport
Profile Joined February 2012
878 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 07:08:04
July 31 2013 07:06 GMT
#972
Started boxing this week and did something stupid by trying to increase my deadlifts a bit. My back didn't hurt at the time I did it, in fact it felt sore in a good way. But I think I aggrevated my back today (maybe pulled a muscle) doing power cleans. I didn't continue my squats because I was afraid of further injury. It's a familiar pain that I've felt before. A small almost radiating pain near the lower side of my spine and to the left, around the groove before my butt cheek starts. I feel it pulse a little when I stand or walk but it only really hurts when that area of my back needs to be activated (i.e. squats, or pushing my scooter). Also starts to hurt if I sit in a chair for too long.

Last time naproxen helped and a week off. Can anyone give me some advice? Should I get a heat pack or an ice pack? I'm going to a walk in clinic tomorrow as well to get the prescription.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 31 2013 11:58 GMT
#973
On July 31 2013 16:06 lannisport wrote:
Started boxing this week and did something stupid by trying to increase my deadlifts a bit. My back didn't hurt at the time I did it, in fact it felt sore in a good way. But I think I aggrevated my back today (maybe pulled a muscle) doing power cleans. I didn't continue my squats because I was afraid of further injury. It's a familiar pain that I've felt before. A small almost radiating pain near the lower side of my spine and to the left, around the groove before my butt cheek starts. I feel it pulse a little when I stand or walk but it only really hurts when that area of my back needs to be activated (i.e. squats, or pushing my scooter). Also starts to hurt if I sit in a chair for too long.

Last time naproxen helped and a week off. Can anyone give me some advice? Should I get a heat pack or an ice pack? I'm going to a walk in clinic tomorrow as well to get the prescription.

Check out eshlow's article here: http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/

Your description sounds like something with your SI joint Use ice and wait for eshlow's advice
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
lannisport
Profile Joined February 2012
878 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-31 23:22:18
July 31 2013 14:53 GMT
#974
On July 31 2013 20:58 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 16:06 lannisport wrote:
Started boxing this week and did something stupid by trying to increase my deadlifts a bit. My back didn't hurt at the time I did it, in fact it felt sore in a good way. But I think I aggrevated my back today (maybe pulled a muscle) doing power cleans. I didn't continue my squats because I was afraid of further injury. It's a familiar pain that I've felt before. A small almost radiating pain near the lower side of my spine and to the left, around the groove before my butt cheek starts. I feel it pulse a little when I stand or walk but it only really hurts when that area of my back needs to be activated (i.e. squats, or pushing my scooter). Also starts to hurt if I sit in a chair for too long.

Last time naproxen helped and a week off. Can anyone give me some advice? Should I get a heat pack or an ice pack? I'm going to a walk in clinic tomorrow as well to get the prescription.

Check out eshlow's article here: http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/so-you-hurt-your-lower-back/

Your description sounds like something with your SI joint Use ice and wait for eshlow's advice


Thanks, I think it might be noteworthy as well that when I was walking into the gym I actually felt fine... But when I started my power cleans something felt very wrong. As I pulled the bar over my thighs (As they touch that's where I usually explode) I felt...nothing. It was odd. I tried to explode but my hips were not there or something and the power clean turned into a normal deadlift a few times as a result.


eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 19:11:55
August 01 2013 19:11 GMT
#975
On July 31 2013 05:58 Shauni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 01:31 eshlow wrote:
On July 30 2013 18:13 Shauni wrote:
Is it possible to have both shin splints and stress fracture? I've battled my shin splints for months now but I realized some extreme pain while pressing on certain bone areas, almost near the connection to the foot. My physiotherapist said it was unlikely that I had stress fracture because the pain subsides after a while, although when it was at its worst I hurted when walking for days after exercising. Is it necessary to diagnose the stress fracture even if you have it? From what I read the treatment plans seems pretty much identical.


Yes, but what your physio said is most likely correct.

Shin splints exacerbated can eventually put so much stress on the bone that it can stress fracture.


I don't understand your reply. It's contradictory to me. I've had shin splints for 3 years, and it only grew worse and worse until I couldn't exercise without painkillers. I can feel two different types of pain during rehabiliation exercises and one feels as if it's muscle related and one hurts inside the bone. Why do you not think it could be stress fracture? If so then what could be wrong with my legs? I've spent three months rehabilitation without any impact whatsoever, but after skipping rope for merely five minutes, my shin bones starts aching whenever I walk. I must get back to badminton in two weeks, and I'm back to square one again. There just isnt enough time anymore. I've had a great physiotherapist, I've spent probably 4 hours a day in average on rehabilitation this summer, it's just too cruel if I have to retire now.


See an orthopedic doc for an X-ray and/or bone scan then...

Talking over the Internet isn't going to solve much...

Just because the bone hurts doesn't mean it's a stress fracture. Obviously, if you exacerbate it to a point then it can develop to such
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 23:01:03
August 01 2013 22:57 GMT
#976
On August 02 2013 04:11 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2013 05:58 Shauni wrote:
On July 31 2013 01:31 eshlow wrote:
On July 30 2013 18:13 Shauni wrote:
Is it possible to have both shin splints and stress fracture? I've battled my shin splints for months now but I realized some extreme pain while pressing on certain bone areas, almost near the connection to the foot. My physiotherapist said it was unlikely that I had stress fracture because the pain subsides after a while, although when it was at its worst I hurted when walking for days after exercising. Is it necessary to diagnose the stress fracture even if you have it? From what I read the treatment plans seems pretty much identical.


Yes, but what your physio said is most likely correct.

Shin splints exacerbated can eventually put so much stress on the bone that it can stress fracture.


I don't understand your reply. It's contradictory to me. I've had shin splints for 3 years, and it only grew worse and worse until I couldn't exercise without painkillers. I can feel two different types of pain during rehabiliation exercises and one feels as if it's muscle related and one hurts inside the bone. Why do you not think it could be stress fracture? If so then what could be wrong with my legs? I've spent three months rehabilitation without any impact whatsoever, but after skipping rope for merely five minutes, my shin bones starts aching whenever I walk. I must get back to badminton in two weeks, and I'm back to square one again. There just isnt enough time anymore. I've had a great physiotherapist, I've spent probably 4 hours a day in average on rehabilitation this summer, it's just too cruel if I have to retire now.


See an orthopedic doc for an X-ray and/or bone scan then...

Talking over the Internet isn't going to solve much...

Just because the bone hurts doesn't mean it's a stress fracture. Obviously, if you exacerbate it to a point then it can develop to such


I'm going to get an xray and MRI soon. I'm not convinced it is a stress fracture either, the pain isn't very intense and it only comes forth sometimes while walking after extreme impact, like double skipping or explosive one leg jumps for minutes. But the thing is, with impact sports like badminton, it'll only grow worse the more I play, the end of last season was just unbearable. In the end I had to compete with painkillers and couldn't walk after the competitions. But the thing is, the rehabilitation has been extremely careful and optimal in every way, there isn't anything left to try, no matter what the MRI shows. I'm losing hope.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-06 23:08:43
August 06 2013 22:39 GMT
#977
On August 02 2013 07:57 Shauni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2013 04:11 eshlow wrote:
On July 31 2013 05:58 Shauni wrote:
On July 31 2013 01:31 eshlow wrote:
On July 30 2013 18:13 Shauni wrote:
Is it possible to have both shin splints and stress fracture? I've battled my shin splints for months now but I realized some extreme pain while pressing on certain bone areas, almost near the connection to the foot. My physiotherapist said it was unlikely that I had stress fracture because the pain subsides after a while, although when it was at its worst I hurted when walking for days after exercising. Is it necessary to diagnose the stress fracture even if you have it? From what I read the treatment plans seems pretty much identical.


Yes, but what your physio said is most likely correct.

Shin splints exacerbated can eventually put so much stress on the bone that it can stress fracture.


I don't understand your reply. It's contradictory to me. I've had shin splints for 3 years, and it only grew worse and worse until I couldn't exercise without painkillers. I can feel two different types of pain during rehabiliation exercises and one feels as if it's muscle related and one hurts inside the bone. Why do you not think it could be stress fracture? If so then what could be wrong with my legs? I've spent three months rehabilitation without any impact whatsoever, but after skipping rope for merely five minutes, my shin bones starts aching whenever I walk. I must get back to badminton in two weeks, and I'm back to square one again. There just isnt enough time anymore. I've had a great physiotherapist, I've spent probably 4 hours a day in average on rehabilitation this summer, it's just too cruel if I have to retire now.


See an orthopedic doc for an X-ray and/or bone scan then...

Talking over the Internet isn't going to solve much...

Just because the bone hurts doesn't mean it's a stress fracture. Obviously, if you exacerbate it to a point then it can develop to such


I'm going to get an xray and MRI soon. I'm not convinced it is a stress fracture either, the pain isn't very intense and it only comes forth sometimes while walking after extreme impact, like double skipping or explosive one leg jumps for minutes. But the thing is, with impact sports like badminton, it'll only grow worse the more I play, the end of last season was just unbearable. In the end I had to compete with painkillers and couldn't walk after the competitions. But the thing is, the rehabilitation has been extremely careful and optimal in every way, there isn't anything left to try, no matter what the MRI shows. I'm losing hope.


I believe I was wrong about everything. I realized this today after playing badminton after summer break. It's not shin splints (even though I have experienced it) or stress fracture. It's just a persistent dull aching pain in the whole lower leg during and after exercising. It encompasses everything, even part of the calves and it usually disappears at least somewhat after a good nights sleep.
Have anyone had experience with nerve or blood related symptoms in the legs? Claudication sounds a lot more like what I'm experiencing, especially considering all the cramps i get in my calves. I know I'm only guessing and should go to someone specialized, but the healthcare system is terrible here, you have to wait for months and the local doctor will often refuse to send you further because not life threatening enough, cost money and yada yada.

I'll fill out the form if it helps...
+ Show Spoiler +
1. Google a pic and mark where it hurts.
[image loading]
2. What exercises hurt?
Jumping exercises hurt most, impact sports being a part of it, running hurts to a lesser degree. It's accumulated pain rather than immediate.
3. What type of pain is it? Burning? Ache? Tingling? Sharp?
A mildly burning ache perhaps.
4. What would you rate the pain at on a 0/10 scale? 0 being no pain, 10 being go to the emergency room.
After a normal exercise session of 1-2 hours, maybe 4, after more intensive schedule up to 7.
5. Acute or chronic (chronic more than ~6-8 weeks)? What date was onset? How has the pain improved since the initial injury?
A few years back, hasn't improved or degraded. Goes away with rest and comes back just as strong.
6. Have you been training through pain? If so, how long?
Since it started, but the pain has caused me to take breaks and skip some tournaments.
7. How deep is the pain? Is it more superficial tissues? Or does it seem to be more inside or around the joint? Describe it.
It feels closer to the bone/joint itself, it's not something you normally can locate by pushing with your hands. Feels very difficult to specify exactly where the pain is apart from the lower leg. Pain sometimes randomly intensifies, usually in outer or inner shin region for a few seconds.
8. What have you been doing for recovery purposes?
Leg strength training, bicycling, shockwave, tissue massage, taping, core stability, insoles, slowly working up a running schedule, although most has been done for shin splints purposes..
9. What seems to help? What seems to make it worse? Is it constant? Does it increase/decrease with certain activities?
Nothing seems to help but not exercising, or exercising without using your lower leg muscles that much.
10. Check the tissue quality of the surrounding muscles. Which ones are tight? Which ones are tender? Is there any swelling?
The shin muscles seem a bit tight, other than that, looks entirely normal.
11. How does it feel after exercise (if any)? How does it feel at the beginning of the day? How about the end of the day
Usually best after a long night rest. Worse after exercise, sometimes bad by walking a lot during the day.
12. Any previous injury history?
Probably shin splints too, but I mentioned that.
13. How's your posture?
Acceptable, not the best, im very tall and my back and stomach sometimes sink when I sit down, maybe a bit arched while walking.
14. What is your current workout routine for that bodypart? Do you play any sports?
Badminton, sometimes squash, tennis and table tennis.
15. Any other information I should be aware of or that comes to mind that may help?
Not really, apart from the suspicion of claudication which i mentioned earlier.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 02:00:20
August 07 2013 02:00 GMT
#978
Chronic exertional compartment syndrome is something else that can cause your symptoms

Not saying that's what you have but if your bone scans come back clean and its not some form of tendonitis or anything then its probably that.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
August 07 2013 10:21 GMT
#979
On August 07 2013 11:00 eshlow wrote:
Chronic exertional compartment syndrome is something else that can cause your symptoms

Not saying that's what you have but if your bone scans come back clean and its not some form of tendonitis or anything then its probably that.


One thing that confuses me about compartment syndrome is this quote "The pain is aggravated by passively stretching the muscle group within the compartment or actively flexing it (though this finding is not specific to compartment syndrome alone) and is not relieved by analgesia up to and including morphine".

Stretching doesn't really aggrevate the pain to me and painkiller definitely helps. Plus I don't experience swelling or bruises. Another guy at my club has compartment syndrome, and he describes the pain as if his legs are about to explode. It's not really that severe to me.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
August 07 2013 15:29 GMT
#980
Sigh. Hence the problem of self diagnosis. See an ortho, seriously!
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 609
White-Ra 140
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever541
NeuroSwarm181
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe88
PPMD85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8639
Liquid`Hasu1272
Trikslyr104
Other Games
summit1g8293
shahzam644
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS87
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick640
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 136
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1075
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
10h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d
Kung Fu Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.