• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:01
CEST 13:01
KST 20:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8573 users

The Injuries Thread - Page 39

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 58 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 15 2013 12:43 GMT
#761
I went to see a doctor. A traumatologist and he checked me out.

He said the pain that I was feeling was due to a cavity pressing down a nerve or some sort (this is kind of what he said) he then proceed to tell me the exact name of the "injury" but I can't remember it.

He sent me some medication Norgesic (Orphenadrine citrate 35mh, Paracetamol 450mg) and Pregobin (Pregabalin 75mg). I have take one pill of each every 12 hours and Pregobin is for 15 days, and norgesic just for 7.

Any ideas ?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 15 2013 13:29 GMT
#762
Do the pills actually solve anything or do they just dull the pain?
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 13:35:41
March 15 2013 13:35 GMT
#763
Well,

Paracetamol is Tylenol, Orphenadrine is basically anti-muscle spasms, and pregobin is an anti-neuropathic pain med...

So pretty much the dude doesn't know what's going on and assuming that you're just having pain/spasms/etc for some reason and hoping the drugs will calm it down.

Funkie, you said the SI self adjustment helped correct ? (or was that phyre?)?

Eh, you're in South America so I don't know if there's any good PTs/Chiros/etc. available to help you out. -_-
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 15:53:19
March 15 2013 15:53 GMT
#764
On March 15 2013 22:35 eshlow wrote:
Well,

Paracetamol is Tylenol, Orphenadrine is basically anti-muscle spasms, and pregobin is an anti-neuropathic pain med...

So pretty much the dude doesn't know what's going on and assuming that you're just having pain/spasms/etc for some reason and hoping the drugs will calm it down.

Funkie, you said the SI self adjustment helped correct ? (or was that phyre?)?

Eh, you're in South America so I don't know if there's any good PTs/Chiros/etc. available to help you out. -_-

That was both of us.

pretty much the only things that bother me now are deadlifts, and sitting in chairs - but they both bother my spine, not my hip.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 17 2013 00:43 GMT
#765
Hmmm, well on the one hand botherig the spine with the SI joint tends to mean something is shifted still... so it's not completely fixed.

Basically you either traded a hypo/hypermobility at the SI joint and put it on the spine. Like i said if you can get to a physical therapist who has a good handle on the lumbopelvic area that would be the best because they can just fix the issues and then give you rehab exercises for it.

Funkie is a tougher case because he's in an area where there aren't traditionally a lot of PTs....

I know some things about SI and know how to spot them but I don't know how to correct them that well.

This link contains stuff that goes over them but I don't know if you can self assess yourself...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6513777/Joint-Mobilization-Techniques-for-Sacroiliac-Joint-Dysfunction
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 18 2013 03:38 GMT
#766
Just an update on my situation:

pain is gone. Finally.

I tried doing some squats with some 40kg and pain isn't there, I even deadlifted the same weight and felt no discomfort or pain at all.

! Maybe all the SI joint exercises I've been doing helped (or the rest).
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 18 2013 03:53 GMT
#767
nice to hear. Just take it real slow so you don't injure yourself again. It sucks to be injured but it really sucks to injure yourself a second time lol
Official Entusman #21
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
March 18 2013 09:07 GMT
#768
You're not currently on those painkillers are you funkie? Cause if you are, I think you should be careful.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 19 2013 01:33 GMT
#769
Well, that's good.

and yeah if the pain is gone I would stop all of those meds. They can have some bad side effects.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 19 2013 14:18 GMT
#770
Yeah I stopped them a while ago, :p.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
March 19 2013 18:10 GMT
#771
On March 17 2013 09:43 eshlow wrote:
Hmmm, well on the one hand botherig the spine with the SI joint tends to mean something is shifted still... so it's not completely fixed.

Basically you either traded a hypo/hypermobility at the SI joint and put it on the spine. Like i said if you can get to a physical therapist who has a good handle on the lumbopelvic area that would be the best because they can just fix the issues and then give you rehab exercises for it.

Funkie is a tougher case because he's in an area where there aren't traditionally a lot of PTs....

I know some things about SI and know how to spot them but I don't know how to correct them that well.

This link contains stuff that goes over them but I don't know if you can self assess yourself...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6513777/Joint-Mobilization-Techniques-for-Sacroiliac-Joint-Dysfunction


I'll see a PT when I get home next. That could be anywhere between a week from now, and the end of may - but until then, things are good enough that I'm not worried about it. I can stand/walk without pain, I can sit up for ~2 hours without pain, or stay on my feet almost indefinitely. I can do most lifts again (except deadlifts), and 2 aleve (440mg naproxen sodium) takes away 80% of the pain now even when I DO have it, whereas previously the only thing that helped at all was drinking too much alcohol to function properly.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 19 2013 22:58 GMT
#772
^^^

If you have some PT friends or know people who know PTs... ask them who all of the PTs go to for PT... or in particular has good knowledge of SI joint function.

That is the PT that is probably the best and will most likely be able to help you.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 20 2013 11:22 GMT
#773
I need to get on this too. Been too long since I squatted and deadlifted. I think the finances will open up in the next month or two so hold me to it
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-20 17:24:39
March 20 2013 17:24 GMT
#774
After 3 months of PT, my shoulder injury is now getting worse. My AC joint and impinged supraspinatus have now been regressing for a couple weeks and I'm at a total loss what to do. Anyone have recommendations on who to see about this? I've come to the conclusion that my PT is just a vapid moron regurgitating things he doesn't really understand, so I may try to find another one. In the meantime, any ideas how to fix this? My push lifts haven't been above 70% in almost 5 months

edit for missing letter.
The universe created an audience for itself.
patronage
Profile Joined October 2011
Iraq123 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-20 17:46:38
March 20 2013 17:45 GMT
#775
On March 21 2013 02:24 Mortal wrote:
After 3 months of PT, my shoulder injury is now getting worse. My AC joint and impinged supraspinatus have now been regressing for a couple weeks and I'm at a total loss what to do. Anyone have recommendations on who to see about this? I've come to the conclusion that my PT is just a vapid moron regurgitating things he doesn't really understand, so I may try to find another one. In the meantime, any ideas how to fix this? My push lifts haven't been above 70% in almost 5 months

edit for missing letter.


I have the same problem. The most common reasons for impingement syndrome is poor thoracic mobility, rounded shoulders, forward head, and poor scapular stability. The causes for these is mainly using the computer too much and bad postural awareness.

In 2011 I had gotten my first supraspinatus tendonitis. I rested it and after 3 weeks it was back to normal. But in 2012, I got supraspinatus tendonitis again, but this time, even rest wouldn't fix it, I rested for 4 months, and the pain was always there, I could barely lift up my arm. I had entered the realm of tendonosis. Since I had bad posture, the subacromial space which is only about 1 cm, was much narrower now and causing impingement. When an injury doesn't heal properly, and you keep irritating a tendon, it enters a cycle of degeneration and doesn't heal with just rest.

The dilemma is, you must do exercises to pull your shoulders back, increase mobility in your thoracic spine (extending the thoracic spine), strengthen lower trapezius and serratus anterior, while stretching upper trapezius, pec minor, pec major and sternocleidomastoid. This is a dilemma because doing any of these things will cause pain in the already irritated supraspinatus, but you need to do them to increase the subacromial space to prevent more impingement.

I couldn't bear the pain of doing those exercises, so I did it the other way around. I researched something called "Eccentric Training". It is basically using the supraspinatus muscle to slow down the acceleration of your arm falling down.

My girlfriend would lift my arm up to 90 degrees horizontally, and about 15 degrees forward. Then she would let go, and I would use my supraspinatus to slow down the fall. Studies have shown that this type of contraction of the muscle reverses tendonosis and the cycle of degeneration. Oddly enough, lifting my arm up is called a concentric contraction, and is not effective, only the eccentric contraction seems to work.

I started with no weight at all. I did 3 sets of 10 reps, 2 times a week. After the first week, I added 1 pound. Then I waited 2 weeks to add another pound, and then another 2 weeks to get to 2 pounds, and so on. By the time I hit about 3 pounds, the pain was 80% gone. I then began working on my lower trapezius, serratus anterior and thoracic mobility with a PT.

I also got a prescription of Nitroglycerin patches, called Minitran 0.2 mg/hour. Studies have shown that nitric oxide is a regulator in tendon health. It is only effective if you do eccentric training with the patches, it speeds up the healing, but alone the patches do nothing, except increase blood flow.

The AC joint pain, is a bit more complicated. When you have poor posture, you start to use your chest and the front of your neck to breathe, instead of using your diaphragm. This causes the depression of your ribs, also leading thoracic flexion, which is bad posture for impingement syndrome. This also has an effect on the clavicle causing it to move out of its normal range, which then causes stress on the acromio-clavicular ligament which is holding the clavicle to the acromion. This is the pain you are feeling.

You need to practice breathing deep into your stomach, and learn to sit up straight, and learn to sleep properly as well. If you are sleeping on your side, your causing stress on your shoulder. For now I recommend sleeping on your back, it is uncomfortable at first if you are not use to it, but stick to it.

Hope it helps.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-20 22:33:27
March 20 2013 22:30 GMT
#776
On March 21 2013 02:24 Mortal wrote:
After 3 months of PT, my shoulder injury is now getting worse. My AC joint and impinged supraspinatus have now been regressing for a couple weeks and I'm at a total loss what to do. Anyone have recommendations on who to see about this? I've come to the conclusion that my PT is just a vapid moron regurgitating things he doesn't really understand, so I may try to find another one. In the meantime, any ideas how to fix this? My push lifts haven't been above 70% in almost 5 months

edit for missing letter.


What exercises do you do?

Do you push through pain?

Ettc... need more details.... see the spoiler in the OP for questions


Also, what patronage said is correct IF you have tendinOSIS of the supraspinatus tendon in which case I would point you to this article:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2009/08/on-tendonitis/

However, AC joint issues + impingement make things more difficult than just aiming to solve tendinosis/tendonitis..... so it's probably best to see a different PT still.

Follow my directions above... find a PT that other PT's go to for PT and/or read this article:

http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/02/healthcare-professionals-for-athletic-complications/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 22 2013 12:41 GMT
#777
On March 17 2013 09:43 eshlow wrote:
Hmmm, well on the one hand botherig the spine with the SI joint tends to mean something is shifted still... so it's not completely fixed.

Basically you either traded a hypo/hypermobility at the SI joint and put it on the spine. Like i said if you can get to a physical therapist who has a good handle on the lumbopelvic area that would be the best because they can just fix the issues and then give you rehab exercises for it.

Funkie is a tougher case because he's in an area where there aren't traditionally a lot of PTs....

I know some things about SI and know how to spot them but I don't know how to correct them that well.

This link contains stuff that goes over them but I don't know if you can self assess yourself...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6513777/Joint-Mobilization-Techniques-for-Sacroiliac-Joint-Dysfunction

Wow there are so many variations... I'm thinking self-assessment is out of my league lol. I'm guessing you don't want to just mess around with a variety of these as you could create mobilization where the SI Joint doesn't need mobility, which is equally as bad, right?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 22 2013 13:29 GMT
#778
On March 22 2013 21:41 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2013 09:43 eshlow wrote:
Hmmm, well on the one hand botherig the spine with the SI joint tends to mean something is shifted still... so it's not completely fixed.

Basically you either traded a hypo/hypermobility at the SI joint and put it on the spine. Like i said if you can get to a physical therapist who has a good handle on the lumbopelvic area that would be the best because they can just fix the issues and then give you rehab exercises for it.

Funkie is a tougher case because he's in an area where there aren't traditionally a lot of PTs....

I know some things about SI and know how to spot them but I don't know how to correct them that well.

This link contains stuff that goes over them but I don't know if you can self assess yourself...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6513777/Joint-Mobilization-Techniques-for-Sacroiliac-Joint-Dysfunction

Wow there are so many variations... I'm thinking self-assessment is out of my league lol. I'm guessing you don't want to just mess around with a variety of these as you could create mobilization where the SI Joint doesn't need mobility, which is equally as bad, right?


Yeah... that's the big problem.

I would say for most people who get it from a jarring injury it tends to be an upslip since you're stepping off a curb or landing hard from an impact. That will manifest as a leg length discrepancy though.

Otherwise, it tends to be some type of rotation, if you were sitting or standing oddly for an extended length of time and the pelvis/SI got stuck in a weird position.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
StimD
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Norway738 Posts
March 24 2013 11:47 GMT
#779
I am currently ~14 months out of my SLAP II repair (two anchors). Rehab went well, and at this point I am back in the gym without pain (avoiding some exercises).

I want to do Starting Strength and I am a little worried that some of the integral exercises in the program will put my shoulder at risk. More specifically: Would power cleans, dips, bench presses and presses be stupid to perform given my shoulder history?

eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 24 2013 12:03 GMT
#780
On March 24 2013 20:47 StimD wrote:
I am currently ~14 months out of my SLAP II repair (two anchors). Rehab went well, and at this point I am back in the gym without pain (avoiding some exercises).

I want to do Starting Strength and I am a little worried that some of the integral exercises in the program will put my shoulder at risk. More specifically: Would power cleans, dips, bench presses and presses be stupid to perform given my shoulder history?


Are you still in therapy?

Talk to your physical therapist.

They usually have protocols they follow, which basically time out various things you can do as long as you're progressing according to schedule.

I know such protocols but I'm not familiar with your specific case so that's why it's not a good idea for me to advise you.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV64
Rex38
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko224
ProTech144
Rex 38
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 648
Soma 584
Jaedong 553
Hyuk 463
Soulkey 390
Horang2 367
BeSt 301
910 227
Light 205
Stork 197
[ Show more ]
Mini 177
EffOrt 168
Snow 165
Britney 137
Larva 121
Pusan 116
Last 113
ZerO 113
ggaemo 78
Rush 63
Mind 58
Shinee 46
Killer 45
Creator 41
Mong 37
Yoon 36
Bale 25
hero 22
Sharp 19
Noble 14
yabsab 14
sorry 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6542
XcaliburYe168
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1398
pashabiceps893
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2610
Khaldor819
Other Games
gofns39505
singsing1466
XBOCT290
Pyrionflax257
DeMusliM185
Mew2King93
B2W.Neo59
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1410
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 59m
The PondCast
22h 59m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.