• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:59
CEST 01:59
KST 08:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8458 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 92

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 730 Next
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 21 2011 19:59 GMT
#1821
Hey guys, I have another food idea for you. This time, I want to share a little known secret about avocados.

Most people I know are only accustomed to seeing avocados in savory dishes, like in salads or crushed into a guacamole. However, avocados also work really well in sweeter applications. The funny thing is that other countries like Indonesia only use avocado in sweet dishes, and savory uses are the rarity.

The creamy texture lends itself nicely to drinks like smoothies or shakes. I like the mild avocado flavor when combined with chocolate or honey. Next time you make a smoothie, try switching out your standard fruit with some avocado and honey instead.

+ Show Spoiler [Avocado Smoothie Recipe] +
1 avocado
1 cup of milk
4 ice cubes
honey to taste

I think an interesting variation would be to switch out the milk for chocolate milk. I haven't yet tried it though.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 21 2011 20:17 GMT
#1822
On February 22 2011 03:20 decafchicken wrote:
I'm gonna go for power cleans at 110-120, and cleans around 130-140


show off ª.ª

I can only dream of one day..
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
February 21 2011 20:18 GMT
#1823
On February 22 2011 04:51 Necosarius wrote:
How long does it take to get the flexibility to do a proper squat? As you know I've been doing SS for a long time and I've been stretching for 2+ months but I still can't do a proper squat



Im not very flexible but after a week of squatting most of my squats can reach parallel. I use a slightly wider stance than normal and have a kinda wide grip at the top, but i can still reach proper squat form. You should be able to get there if you have been squatting way longer than me, just practice getting to parallel rather than adding weight.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
February 21 2011 20:43 GMT
#1824
@eshlow...is there supposed to be a bunch of really sore spots on my back/mid+lower traps/rear shoulder/etc after doing the LYTP circuit?

Also, apparently fish oil really does work for skin health, i've had multiple girls comment how soft the skin on my arms was last week

On February 22 2011 04:51 Necosarius wrote:
How long does it take to get the flexibility to do a proper squat? As you know I've been doing SS for a long time and I've been stretching for 2+ months but I still can't do a proper squat


Have you tried the lower body stretches under the flexibility tab here:
http://www.californiastrength.com/olwete.html ?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 21 2011 20:54 GMT
#1825
Yes that's the one I've been doing for a month or two :/
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 21 2011 21:05 GMT
#1826
On February 22 2011 04:59 Slithe wrote:
Hey guys, I have another food idea for you. This time, I want to share a little known secret about avocados.

Most people I know are only accustomed to seeing avocados in savory dishes, like in salads or crushed into a guacamole. However, avocados also work really well in sweeter applications. The funny thing is that other countries like Indonesia only use avocado in sweet dishes, and savory uses are the rarity.

The creamy texture lends itself nicely to drinks like smoothies or shakes. I like the mild avocado flavor when combined with chocolate or honey. Next time you make a smoothie, try switching out your standard fruit with some avocado and honey instead.

+ Show Spoiler [Avocado Smoothie Recipe] +
1 avocado
1 cup of milk
4 ice cubes
honey to taste

I think an interesting variation would be to switch out the milk for chocolate milk. I haven't yet tried it though.


Will try this next time I make myself a smoothie With chocolate flavored whey.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
February 21 2011 21:08 GMT
#1827
On February 22 2011 05:43 decafchicken wrote:
@eshlow...is there supposed to be a bunch of really sore spots on my back/mid+lower traps/rear shoulder/etc after doing the LYTP circuit?

Also, apparently fish oil really does work for skin health, i've had multiple girls comment how soft the skin on my arms was last week

I had issues with warts on the bottom of my feet for years. After taking fish oil in less than a week they completely disappeared. Can't be 100% sure that it was it but there is a high chance it did contribute because its the only thing I've really been doing differently. I tried different treatments and none of them seemed to worked. The warts would always come back. I had even moment where the doctor would get a laser and sear the area where the warts were. Applying salcylic acid on it seemed to just bring them back too. LIFE OF LIVELY TO LIVE TO LIFE OF FULL LIFE THX TO fish oil.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
February 21 2011 22:12 GMT
#1828
Update:
Making Progress again with Bench :D So finally going to start upping that again. Sleeping well and having a good mindset definitely helping. Still a bit frustrating because I feel like the bench at my school's gym is a bit too high? so I have some small problems keeping my feet positioned nicely and I still occasionally pop out my shoulders.

Squat has "stalled" at 195. Depth I'm pretty sure is fine. The problem is my grip loosens when I'm at the bottom of the squat. My shoulders relax or the bar just slips down and everything starts going to shit. Beginning to bug my back when I never had that problem before. -.- Dropped down to 175 and slowly going back up. Making some progress.Rereading SS. Gah I really want to break 200 soon and 225 by the end of the semester ideally. t.t

Deadlift is great :D Too low relative to my squat but I'm sure that'll pick itself up. Debating whether I want to switch to the alternating grip.

Power cleans: eh. I get the concept but I still need a lot of work to get underneath the bar.

My weight has stayed pretty stationary during this period. Been taking fish oil and having protein milkshakes after working out. Also eben having a sausage and oatmeal for breakfast but thats probably too little. Dunno. Leery of overeating because i have a fair bit of fat % to burn down, but i'm definitely not going cheap on the proteins. mnn

Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-21 23:51:17
February 21 2011 23:17 GMT
#1829
On February 21 2011 22:05 unknown.sam wrote:
dude, aren't you supposed to be only doing 1x5 for DLs regardless of whether it's SS or SL?
unless of course you're into destroying your posterior chain then by all means keep at it


Oops, I meant 1x5. Screw doin 5x5 I would be unable to walk for the rest of the week if I did that... I can't wait till I bust a pair of jeans, and it's really only a matter of time, as I mostly wear skinny jeans anyway.

On February 22 2011 05:43 decafchicken wrote:
Have you tried the lower body stretches under the flexibility tab here:
http://www.californiastrength.com/olwete.html ?


Wow, this link is awesome, just watched all the videos on how to snatch and clean, I've wondered about how to do the oly lifts for a while now.
u gotta sk8
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 22 2011 00:41 GMT
#1830
On February 22 2011 04:51 Necosarius wrote:
How long does it take to get the flexibility to do a proper squat? As you know I've been doing SS for a long time and I've been stretching for 2+ months but I still can't do a proper squat


Squatting should help you get deeper...

If you're still having problems go into asian squat and move around and stretch everything....

On February 22 2011 05:43 decafchicken wrote:
@eshlow...is there supposed to be a bunch of really sore spots on my back/mid+lower traps/rear shoulder/etc after doing the LYTP circuit?

Also, apparently fish oil really does work for skin health, i've had multiple girls comment how soft the skin on my arms was last week


Yes, fish oil works for skin health....

Anyway, LYTP circuits are supposed to hit the normally inactive/weak back muscles that no one ever works

So if they're sore that means there's likely a weakness there... and that also means that the weakness is probably a contributer or cause to your shoulder problem(s). So you should definitely keep doing those and it shoudl help resolve your shoudler issues.

if you need more other rehab work.... I don't know. Maybe. How long it will take to resolve.. again dunno. But the soreness is a good indicator you weren't using them before which was a bad sign so it's good taht we found a weakness to work on
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 22 2011 01:33 GMT
#1831
Squat: 165lbs
Bench: ?
Deadlift: ?
Military: 70lbs
Clean: 85lbs

Super weak obviously but trying to focus on form and full range of motion rather than just raw weight. (Bench press form definitely used to suck before)

decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
February 22 2011 02:52 GMT
#1832
Bleh all i did today was a few reps of powercleans up to 100kg and then a couple sets of cleans at 100kg and i'm exhausted. Think my body is telling me it needs rest (probably been averaging 4-5 days of lifting plus 1-2 days of rugby per week for the last couple months). I'll go around 50% and get some more LYTP on wednesday and friday, see how i feel next week(hopefully get a couple good workouts in, i want to check a few maxes before i go on spring break) and then i'll have a full ~12 days off as i go ruin my body on spring break (mardi gras -> panama city beach -> st pattys rugby tournament). I should come back extremely well rested and considerably weaker :-p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 22 2011 04:29 GMT
#1833
So quick question.

How far exactly are your feet supposed to be on the normal (SS) squat? I think mine have been a bit too close
Victory Loves Preparation
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
February 22 2011 06:04 GMT
#1834
Your heels should be shoulder width for the squat, no closer.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 22 2011 06:43 GMT
#1835
On February 22 2011 13:29 Catch wrote:
So quick question.

How far exactly are your feet supposed to be on the normal (SS) squat? I think mine have been a bit too close


Did you read the book and/or wiki?...
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-22 06:59:34
February 22 2011 06:49 GMT
#1836
I love the post-workout pump. I feel like a fucking badass mirin' myself in the mirror while getting dressed.

Time for some post-workout nutrition. Today's workout was pretty rough with me hitting some seriously hard reps so I'm gonna have a big meal to start recovery.

Rosa, I love and hate you at the same rim for this. On the one hand, you just now posting "6'4 and all legs" yet squatting 40 lbs more than I do means no excuses for me to get my squat up (6'5 and all legs) - on the other hand, it means no excuses for getting my squat up. You also out DL me by a fair amount (I do 255 for 2x8 most days) and you double my bench.


Haha, you'll be where I am in no time on SS. Being tall is awesome everywhere other than the weight room.

I think for guys our height, breaking world records in olympic/power lifting is out of the question. Guys who squat 1000 pounds are usually troll height, and the only moderately tall olympic lifter I know of is Rezazedeh, who is 6'1 and 300 pounds. Here are the general power zones for olympic lifters and their weight classes:


56 kg 5' 2";/1.57 m;
62 kg 5' 3";/1.60 m;
69 kg 5' 5";/1.66 m;
77 kg 5' 7";/1.69 m;
85 kg 5' 8";/1.73;
94 kg 5' 9";/1.75;
105 kg 5' 11";/1.80 m;
+105 kg 6' 0";/1.84 m.


Here is the source:

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Lifts/Your_power_zone.html

As you can see, we're a bit too tall to be olympic lifters, but that doesn't mean we can't still kick ass in the weight room . Plus, girls love tall guys, so I hold several gold medals in the getting laid event.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
February 22 2011 07:05 GMT
#1837
Apparently i need to go super heavy weight to be a competative olympic lifter...i.e. put on somewhere between 25 and 125 pounds...I guess i'll stick to being a moderate olympic lifter and kick ass rugby player :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 22 2011 09:49 GMT
#1838
Just ate half a chicken.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 22 2011 09:49 GMT
#1839
Probably should have killed it first.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 22 2011 10:43 GMT
#1840
On February 22 2011 18:49 Energies wrote:
Just ate half a chicken.


I couldn't be prouder.

Probably should have killed it first.


Oh wait...
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 477
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever507
League of Legends
Doublelift4428
Other Games
summit1g11668
JimRising 473
ViBE250
Livibee191
KnowMe186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick930
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 129
• Adnapsc2 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1693
• imaqtpie1005
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 2m
Patches Events
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 2m
OSC
23h 2m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.