• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12671 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 94

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 730 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 22 2011 22:13 GMT
#1861
Today's workout:

BB Bench Press (should have been done yesterday...): 5 sets of 80kg x 5 (+2,5kg)
BB Row: 2 sets of 60kg x 8, 80kg x 6 and 80kg x 8
DB Row: 30kg x 8, 40kg x 6 (DAMN weak, upper back tired from saturday....)

Finished up with 3 sets of ca 40kg x 6 on BB Curlz

Saturday's session really left an impact, weights lover than usual and doing upper back with torn blisters isn't exactly fun. Time to eat and recover.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 00:33:49
February 22 2011 23:48 GMT
#1862
Quick question, I want to start working out from home. I'm moving closer to the city in a few months but atm the nearest actual gym (with weights and a squat rack) is way too far from my work. So I want to start with ANYTHING at all.

So I was thinking of buying just a basic squat rack with a cheap $150 barbell. Anyone know where I can buy a cheap set in Toronto? Sportscheck, walmart, kijiji, or a second hand sports store that I don't know about? And uh anything in particular that I should be looking for when buying a good squat rack (Should be at least nipple high iirc)?

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
February 23 2011 00:53 GMT
#1863
Don't skimp out on the barbell dude, you want one that is gonna stand up to all the work you're gonna do. It's probably the most important piece of equipment in a home gym other than squat rack/power cage.
u gotta sk8
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 23 2011 00:56 GMT
#1864
On February 23 2011 06:16 BabyGiraldo wrote:
I'm trying to get back into a routine of doing some medium intensity lifting followed by 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week, first semester of college I was all over this and it really showed. Now I've been having a harder time becoming motivated but I think that I'm in a good cycle now, only thing is is that I smoke weed a decent amount and although I try my best not to eat a ton (not a great success rate), how much does just the act of smoking effect cardio and lifting?


Smoking is super bad for you.....

On February 23 2011 08:48 Warrior Madness wrote:
Quick question, I want to start working out from home. I'm moving closer to the city in a few months but atm the nearest actual gym (with weights and a squat rack) is way too far from my work. So I want to start with ANYTHING at all.

So I was thinking of buying just a basic squat rack with a cheap $150 barbell. Anyone know where I can buy a cheap set in Toronto? Sportscheck, walmart, kijiji, or a second hand sports store that I don't know about? And uh anything in particular that I should be looking for when buying a good squat rack (Should be at least nipple high iirc)?



Hit up craigslist yo.... can find cheap stuff thats usually decent/good quality

Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-23 01:29:11
February 23 2011 00:57 GMT
#1865
On February 23 2011 09:53 nataziel wrote:
Don't skimp out on the barbell dude, you want one that is gonna stand up to all the work you're gonna do. It's probably the most important piece of equipment in a home gym other than squat rack/power cage.


True, but I don't know which bars are good. This is the cheapest one I found so far: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Straight-Barbell-Olympic-Bar-60-500lb-Brass-Bushing-/270652269237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f0421e2b5

They sell olympic bars at Play it again sports for like $120....

Here's uh....$50 squat rack :D

[image loading]
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
February 23 2011 03:21 GMT
#1866
I really wish my grip was stronger... mainly for deadlifts. My right hand can't grip for shit. >_<
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 23 2011 03:42 GMT
#1867
Just came back from spending almost a week in Chicago, been eating at least 6000kcal/day and I was supposed to be cutting!

For the record, I tried the hotel "gym", and it was a huge joke. One curl bar, a few dumbbells and rows and rows of treadmills, ellipticals and whatnot.

Gonna go beast mode tomorrow!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 23 2011 03:43 GMT
#1868
On February 23 2011 12:21 SoleSteeler wrote:
I really wish my grip was stronger... mainly for deadlifts. My right hand can't grip for shit. >_<


do you use gloves or chalk?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
February 23 2011 04:18 GMT
#1869
just hit 95kg squat today. can't wait to hit 100kg. also did my first sets of weighted pull ups. good shitttt. i haven't really gained much weight at all though (up to 68kg from... 67kg haha).
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 23 2011 04:19 GMT
#1870
The new Protest The Hero album leaked onto the internet within the past day and, as I've already pre-ordered it, I felt no guilt in downloading it. I am going to crush barbells with my bare hands while listening to this shit. Gym, beware.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 23 2011 04:30 GMT
#1871
On February 23 2011 12:42 Cambium wrote:
Just came back from spending almost a week in Chicago, been eating at least 6000kcal/day and I was supposed to be cutting!

For the record, I tried the hotel "gym", and it was a huge joke. One curl bar, a few dumbbells and rows and rows of treadmills, ellipticals and whatnot.

Gonna go beast mode tomorrow!


I don't know how I have missed all your food blogs up till now, but I'm gonna have to go back and read through them.

Did you end up trying any of the chicago style pizzas? I'm pretty sure you can start a holy war if you blog about that.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 23 2011 04:56 GMT
#1872
yea i did, i went to lou malnati's based on the recommendation of TL

yea it's not gonna go down too well lol
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
February 23 2011 05:04 GMT
#1873
Didn't lift today but my roomate got his shoes in and set a PR on clean (75kg @ 69 bw) so good for him
Tried to do the LYTP but was too hard T_T I'll do it again tomorrow. I'll probably lay off snatches + cleans, the pulling is probably contributing so i'll stick to some 50% squats and LYTP and help out my friends with their form.

On February 23 2011 12:21 SoleSteeler wrote:
I really wish my grip was stronger... mainly for deadlifts. My right hand can't grip for shit. >_<


Use chalk + mixed grip


On February 23 2011 09:53 nataziel wrote:
Don't skimp out on the barbell dude, you want one that is gonna stand up to all the work you're gonna do. It's probably the most important piece of equipment in a home gym other than squat rack/power cage.


Yeah rippetoe seemed pretty adamant about getting a quality barbell when he talks about it in SS. Its a valuable peice of equipment that should last you your entire life, so dont skimp on it. That being said, you can find some good shit on craigs list or gyms going out of business/getting rid of equipment.


On February 23 2011 12:42 Cambium wrote:
Just came back from spending almost a week in Chicago, been eating at least 6000kcal/day and I was supposed to be cutting!

For the record, I tried the hotel "gym", and it was a huge joke. One curl bar, a few dumbbells and rows and rows of treadmills, ellipticals and whatnot.

Gonna go beast mode tomorrow!


"I'm gonna cut"
*goes to chicago and eats massive burgers then writes reviews on them*
"oh fuck"
And it was starting to look like you were getting a bit more definition on your last pic before you left.

Also, i'm sure you could have lifted in chicago, i see at least two weight lifting clubs on usaw that you probably could have dropped in on! (depending on how busy you were)

On February 23 2011 06:16 BabyGiraldo wrote:
I'm trying to get back into a routine of doing some medium intensity lifting followed by 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week, first semester of college I was all over this and it really showed. Now I've been having a harder time becoming motivated but I think that I'm in a good cycle now, only thing is is that I smoke weed a decent amount and although I try my best not to eat a ton (not a great success rate), how much does just the act of smoking effect cardio and lifting?


I'm gonna go with eshlow on this and say its terrible for you. That being said I managed to put on considerable strength and cardio gains over the summer despite smoking 3-4 days a week. I also ate pretty healthy, lifted heavy 3 times a week combined with a lot of rugby and some HIIT
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
dka
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States132 Posts
February 23 2011 05:30 GMT
#1874
dKa
Age: 23 || Height: 5'11" || Weight: 205 lb
Starting Date: 02/22/11 || Goal Date: 03/31/11
Weight goals -- Reach 195 lb
Training goals -- Cardio and Endurance mostly, lifting and muscle gain is secondary.
Nutrition goals -- Less carbs
Misc goals -- Must hit under 200 lbs!!
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 23 2011 05:35 GMT
#1875
On February 23 2011 14:04 decafchicken wrote:

Show nested quote +
On February 23 2011 12:42 Cambium wrote:
Just came back from spending almost a week in Chicago, been eating at least 6000kcal/day and I was supposed to be cutting!

For the record, I tried the hotel "gym", and it was a huge joke. One curl bar, a few dumbbells and rows and rows of treadmills, ellipticals and whatnot.

Gonna go beast mode tomorrow!


"I'm gonna cut"
*goes to chicago and eats massive burgers then writes reviews on them*
"oh fuck"
And it was starting to look like you were getting a bit more definition on your last pic before you left.

Also, i'm sure you could have lifted in chicago, i see at least two weight lifting clubs on usaw that you probably could have dropped in on! (depending on how busy you were)



too busy eating

the good thing about being stuck in ithaca is that there are almost no temptations

I'm weak
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 23 2011 05:40 GMT
#1876
Im not sure what its called but I did this hardcore ab exercise. First u lay on your back. Then you have to lift one leg up and bend your knee at a right angle. Then with both hands, try to push away your knee while you try to bring your knee towards you. While doing this, you have to do leg raises with the other leg.

so hard lOl.
The oly gym at my uni is right next to the main gym. So sometimes these tools come in and do arm workouts with the dumbells. I actually got annoyed/mad since he was right next to my platform doing faggy arm exercises haha
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
February 23 2011 10:41 GMT
#1877
After breaking through the 72.5 kg plateu on monday I only managed to get 5/0 for my first 2 sets of squats @ 75kg. I decided to stop there. Hit the rest of my lifts np though i should probably work on my power clean form.
u gotta sk8
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
February 23 2011 12:33 GMT
#1878
Some of you guys bench press absolutely horrific amounts haha. I can barely chest press 32.5kg dumbells, some of you are doing the equivalent of 50-60kg dumbells??!! Makes my mind boggle o.O
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 23 2011 12:47 GMT
#1879
tbh I find squat and deadlift numbers more impressive
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 23 2011 13:26 GMT
#1880
On February 23 2011 21:33 sc4k wrote:
Some of you guys bench press absolutely horrific amounts haha. I can barely chest press 32.5kg dumbells, some of you are doing the equivalent of 50-60kg dumbells??!! Makes my mind boggle o.O


And what is your bb bench press?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 92 93 94 95 96 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1446
TKL 466
IndyStarCraft 292
EmSc Tv 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23664
Calm 2286
Shuttle 355
Mini 168
White-Ra 147
ZZZero.O 107
firebathero 77
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11484
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1387
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4251
Liquid`Hasu565
MindelVK27
Other Games
summit1g5910
Liquid`RaSZi2259
fl0m1635
FrodaN1407
B2W.Neo745
olofmeister654
Khaldor478
Beastyqt342
Livibee185
crisheroes133
Pyrionflax108
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
EmSc Tv 10
EmSc2Tv 10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 26
• Adnapsc2 12
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach43
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1290
• Shiphtur691
• WagamamaTV332
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 18m
Replay Cast
3h 18m
OSC
16h 18m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.