• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 90

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 730 Next
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 20 2011 06:30 GMT
#1781
Just finished skimming StrongLifts. Hell motivated right now. Starting 5x5 again this Tuesday, betta watch out motherfuckers! In 6-8 weeks time I'mma be as boss as funkie.

I really don't want to start at an empty bar again. Should I just do like a 20-30% deload off my current lifts?

Doing a split at the moment but my current lifts for say 6-8 reps.

Squat: 286
Deadlift: 341
Bench: 176
OP: 110

I was thinking going, 198squat, 264dead, 132 bench, 88op.

Thoughts, suggestions?

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 20 2011 06:30 GMT
#1782
On February 20 2011 12:51 Zafrumi wrote:
I need some life-coaching guys :/

hypotehtical question:
lets say you are in love with one of your closest friends but you are pretty certain that she has no such feelings for you because of comments and actions in the past.

would you still go for it and risk your friendship or leave it as it is and just remain friends?

yes the question might not be so hypothetical

HELP ME FITNESS-THREAD!


hahaha i died laughing at vitrols response.

But seriously, dont go for it, you're just going to get hurt and make things awkward more than likely. Just move on to the next one.



On February 20 2011 13:52 Gryffindor_us wrote:
So, I'm back at the gym and it's not feeling right when I'm squatting. That is to say I don't feel I'm getting the depth I was getting before I flaked out. Before, I had been doing some hamstring stretches BEFORE the workout and then I found out that it lowers your strength or something. Anyway, the thing I noticed was that before when I bottomed out my toes would lift up and I would be on my heels(barefoot.) This time though it's not happening, even with more weight.

Also, a question for the future. At what point am I going to be needing a partner to spot me on bench? I really enjoy going to the gym, getting my business done and then getting out.


You might have lost some flexibility since you were squatting before. Also your toes shouldn't be coming up while your squatting. Just keep squatting deep and work on that flexibility.

Get a spotter when you feel like you need one. I pretty much only do when i'm maxing out, i can almost always tell when i wont be able to get a rep or the fact that i dont have a spotter will motivate me enough to finish my set lol


On February 20 2011 14:17 Duckvillelol wrote:
Gonna come back for another Paleo question guys;

Been going for about 3 weeks now, I've lost 1.5kgs in these 3 weeks, I'm not sure if it's the diet or whatever, but not bad.

One thing I'm struggling with, is 'general food plans' if you know what I mean - I wanted to ask for those on paleo/version of paleo, what does a day (or two) look like in a meal planner, eg: what do you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I've been basing some of mine off this http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-meal-plan/ which has been good - however I still feel like I'm doing some of it wrong. Just want to see what everyone else is up to.

Edit: Forgot my second question - when "out on the town" or "out to watch a game" or something, generally friends and whatnot will always go grab something from a fast food joint or whatever, I was wondering, is there anything in the "take away" and/or "easy eats" style venues that I can have? Obviously I'm trying to go by the general "low carb low/no dairy" but when I'm out with friends I struggle :S


I dont know if you have chipotle but that would be a good place...just get the burrito bowl fajita style aka a giant meat salad with peppers n shit.

My breakfast is usually bacon + eggs, and lunch/dinner are some combination of chicken/beef/fish with sweet potatoe/salad/onion/etc. Pre workout i might have some oats or rice (i'm not on a strictly paleo diet) and post workout i'll have some fruit + protein shake.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 06:33:00
February 20 2011 06:32 GMT
#1783
On February 20 2011 15:30 Energies wrote:
Just finished skimming StrongLifts. Hell motivated right now. Starting 5x5 again this Tuesday, betta watch out motherfuckers! In 6-8 weeks time I'mma be as boss as funkie.

I really don't want to start at an empty bar again. Should I just do like a 20-30% deload off my current lifts?

Doing a split at the moment but my current lifts for say 6-8 reps.

Squat: 286
Deadlift: 341
Bench: 176
OP: 110

I was thinking going, 198squat, 264dead, 132 bench, 88op.

Thoughts, suggestions?



are you saying you can do those lifts for 6-8 reps and you then the second waits are the ones you want to do for 5x5?

@rosa man up on your squat, your deadlift is best mode compared to it!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 20 2011 06:50 GMT
#1784
Yeb, or should I go even lower?
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
February 20 2011 07:06 GMT
#1785
On February 20 2011 14:17 Duckvillelol wrote:
Gonna come back for another Paleo question guys;

Been going for about 3 weeks now, I've lost 1.5kgs in these 3 weeks, I'm not sure if it's the diet or whatever, but not bad.

One thing I'm struggling with, is 'general food plans' if you know what I mean - I wanted to ask for those on paleo/version of paleo, what does a day (or two) look like in a meal planner, eg: what do you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I've been basing some of mine off this http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-meal-plan/ which has been good - however I still feel like I'm doing some of it wrong. Just want to see what everyone else is up to.

Edit: Forgot my second question - when "out on the town" or "out to watch a game" or something, generally friends and whatnot will always go grab something from a fast food joint or whatever, I was wondering, is there anything in the "take away" and/or "easy eats" style venues that I can have? Obviously I'm trying to go by the general "low carb low/no dairy" but when I'm out with friends I struggle :S


I dont know if you have chipotle but that would be a good place...just get the burrito bowl fajita style aka a giant meat salad with peppers n shit.

My breakfast is usually bacon + eggs, and lunch/dinner are some combination of chicken/beef/fish with sweet potatoe/salad/onion/etc. Pre workout i might have some oats or rice (i'm not on a strictly paleo diet) and post workout i'll have some fruit + protein shake.
[/QUOTE]

We don't have chipotle Hence why it's kinda hard when out on the town to grab something that fits neatly with Paleo...

Ok so that's kinda what I've been doing for breakfast/lunch, something with eggs/basic meat and meat + salad for lunch.

Anyone else?
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 07:26:55
February 20 2011 07:24 GMT
#1786
On February 20 2011 10:36 Alexson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 10:25 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
On February 20 2011 09:34 Alexson wrote:
Does this look like a good mass gainer shake? Anything I should add/take out?

2 cups of milk
1/4 cups of olive oil
2 bananas
3 spoons of peanut butter
1 cup of oats


thats a dirty bulk if i ever saw one lol

If you are going to remove anything, id take out shit in this order
#1olive oil (replace w/ coconut oil/milk if you want, its much better for you and has more calories anyway) eating excessive amounts of vegetable oil is pretty terrible because of the ratio of bad/good fats, and resulting inflammatory potential.
#2oats/peanut butter. maybe add some whey or other protein powder instead?

ahh damnit. I thought olive oil was healthy though? and I don't use whey protein, not because I think its bad or anything, but I don't really need it.


Olive oil (extra virgin) is ok, as is coconut oil.

It's worth noting that there is a distinction between virgin olive oil and refined olive oil. Refined oils have been processed with additional chemicals. In the process, it also loses some of the great flavor. Basically, just stick with the quality extra virgin stuff.

In Eshlow's article about eating right, he cites that olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties, despite its O3:O6 ratios. http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/05/cardiovascular-disease-and-eating-right-the-facts/

Wikipedia also supports this assertion (I know it's not necessarily the best source, but whatever).
From Wikipedia
Another health benefit of olive oil seems to be its property to displace omega-6 fatty acids, while not having any impact on omega-3 fatty acids. This way, olive oil helps to build a more healthy balance between omega-6 fats and omega-3 fats.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
February 20 2011 08:38 GMT
#1787
On February 20 2011 16:24 Slithe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 10:36 Alexson wrote:
On February 20 2011 10:25 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
On February 20 2011 09:34 Alexson wrote:
Does this look like a good mass gainer shake? Anything I should add/take out?

2 cups of milk
1/4 cups of olive oil
2 bananas
3 spoons of peanut butter
1 cup of oats


thats a dirty bulk if i ever saw one lol

If you are going to remove anything, id take out shit in this order
#1olive oil (replace w/ coconut oil/milk if you want, its much better for you and has more calories anyway) eating excessive amounts of vegetable oil is pretty terrible because of the ratio of bad/good fats, and resulting inflammatory potential.
#2oats/peanut butter. maybe add some whey or other protein powder instead?

ahh damnit. I thought olive oil was healthy though? and I don't use whey protein, not because I think its bad or anything, but I don't really need it.


Olive oil (extra virgin) is ok, as is coconut oil.

It's worth noting that there is a distinction between virgin olive oil and refined olive oil. Refined oils have been processed with additional chemicals. In the process, it also loses some of the great flavor. Basically, just stick with the quality extra virgin stuff.

In Eshlow's article about eating right, he cites that olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties, despite its O3:O6 ratios. http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/05/cardiovascular-disease-and-eating-right-the-facts/

Wikipedia also supports this assertion (I know it's not necessarily the best source, but whatever).
Show nested quote +
From Wikipedia
Another health benefit of olive oil seems to be its property to displace omega-6 fatty acids, while not having any impact on omega-3 fatty acids. This way, olive oil helps to build a more healthy balance between omega-6 fats and omega-3 fats.


I just read through that report, and something stood out to me:

However, if we eat a zero carbohydrate diet our livers have a process called gluconeogenesis which will manufacture glucose for our cells to use. Thus, carbohydrates are not universally bad; it is the magnitude of how much we consume which is bad for us.


Is gluconeogenesis the basis of paleo? That if you lower carb intake, this process can occur which uses (?) fat cells?
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 09:22:09
February 20 2011 09:19 GMT
#1788
On February 20 2011 10:25 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 09:34 Alexson wrote:
Does this look like a good mass gainer shake? Anything I should add/take out?

2 cups of milk
1/4 cups of olive oil
2 bananas
3 spoons of peanut butter
1 cup of oats


thats a dirty bulk if i ever saw one lol

If you are going to remove anything, id take out shit in this order
#1olive oil (replace w/ coconut oil/milk if you want, its much better for you and has more calories anyway) eating excessive amounts of vegetable oil is pretty terrible because of the ratio of bad/good fats, and resulting inflammatory potential.
#2oats/peanut butter. maybe add some whey or other protein powder instead?


this post is 2 pages back, damn you guys have been active :p

I disagree with your advice.
Both olive oil and coconut oil are by definition, 100% fat, and therefore both have the same amount of calories (900kcal/100grams). Either oils are a good choice anyway.
You can keep the oats and the peanut butter, but I'd through in a scoop or two of whey protein. As it is now, your gainer shake is very lacking on essential amino acids (the only "complete" source here is your milk) and it's very important to get enough of these, especially as a post workout gaining shake. Hope this helps
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 20 2011 09:31 GMT
#1789
On February 20 2011 17:38 Duckvillelol wrote:
I just read through that report, and something stood out to me:

Show nested quote +
However, if we eat a zero carbohydrate diet our livers have a process called gluconeogenesis which will manufacture glucose for our cells to use. Thus, carbohydrates are not universally bad; it is the magnitude of how much we consume which is bad for us.


Is gluconeogenesis the basis of paleo? That if you lower carb intake, this process can occur which uses (?) fat cells?


Perhaps somebody else can add to this, but I believe gluconeogenesis is not the basis of a paleo diet, because you're not on a zero carbohydrate diet. Either way, it's basically the process of which your body converts protein into glucose if there is a lack of dietary carbohydrates. Fat cannot be converted into glucose. As long as you have a certain intake (I assume if you're on a paleo diet yours will be fruit/nuts) this doesn't happen to you.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
February 20 2011 10:06 GMT
#1790
On February 20 2011 18:31 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 17:38 Duckvillelol wrote:
I just read through that report, and something stood out to me:

However, if we eat a zero carbohydrate diet our livers have a process called gluconeogenesis which will manufacture glucose for our cells to use. Thus, carbohydrates are not universally bad; it is the magnitude of how much we consume which is bad for us.


Is gluconeogenesis the basis of paleo? That if you lower carb intake, this process can occur which uses (?) fat cells?


Perhaps somebody else can add to this, but I believe gluconeogenesis is not the basis of a paleo diet, because you're not on a zero carbohydrate diet. Either way, it's basically the process of which your body converts protein into glucose if there is a lack of dietary carbohydrates. Fat cannot be converted into glucose. As long as you have a certain intake (I assume if you're on a paleo diet yours will be fruit/nuts) this doesn't happen to you.


Ahhh ok fair enough then. :D Yeah I'm going on nuts/fruits for my carbs in mine - I'm going a pretty strict paleo.

Just had an awesome Caprese chicken + bacon dinner, freaking awesome :D
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 20 2011 13:02 GMT
#1791
On February 20 2011 10:41 AoN.DimSum wrote:
it was just 90 clean and jerk and 70 hang snatch. My coach wants me to take it easy for awhile and work on technique.

sjarl that looks brutal, are the other days just like that for the main lifts or is it just for deadlifts?


It's just for the deadlift. The other days will most likely have a lot less volume.

Laughed soooo hard at Vitriol's response. But for Zafrumi: I'd leave it at friends.


The day after report on CP: Hips mostly fried. Had my GF massage my back and I think that is the reason I managed to get up this morning...now for some recovery food.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 15:27:29
February 20 2011 15:20 GMT
#1792
On February 20 2011 15:18 unknown.sam wrote:
yeah i'd agree.. based on your deadlift, i would think your squat would be closer to 300.


Thanks you all ... I don't know either. It could have something to do with the fact that I'm 6'4 and all legs which makes it harder for me to have a beastly squat. 245x5x3 was pretty hard for me as well, while 350x5x1 on dead wasn't all that bad. I feel like I can microload my bench at least until 205x5x3, if not higher. Press should be the same .. but that god damned squat just holds me back.

It could be my technique. I've posted a video here before but it's hard to tell from that alone.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 20 2011 15:55 GMT
#1793
On February 21 2011 00:20 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 15:18 unknown.sam wrote:
yeah i'd agree.. based on your deadlift, i would think your squat would be closer to 300.


Thanks you all ... I don't know either. It could have something to do with the fact that I'm 6'4 and all legs which makes it harder for me to have a beastly squat. 245x5x3 was pretty hard for me as well, while 350x5x1 on dead wasn't all that bad. I feel like I can microload my bench at least until 205x5x3, if not higher. Press should be the same .. but that god damned squat just holds me back.

It could be my technique. I've posted a video here before but it's hard to tell from that alone.

Rosa, I love and hate you at the same rim for this. On the one hand, you just now posting "6'4 and all legs" yet squatting 40 lbs more than I do means no excuses for me to get my squat up (6'5 and all legs) - on the other hand, it means no excuses for getting my squat up. You also out DL me by a fair amount (I do 255 for 2x8 most days) and you double my bench.

NO EXCUSES. BRB GOING BEAST MODE NOW.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 20 2011 17:08 GMT
#1794
On February 20 2011 13:52 Gryffindor_us wrote:
So, I'm back at the gym and it's not feeling right when I'm squatting. That is to say I don't feel I'm getting the depth I was getting before I flaked out. Before, I had been doing some hamstring stretches BEFORE the workout and then I found out that it lowers your strength or something. Anyway, the thing I noticed was that before when I bottomed out my toes would lift up and I would be on my heels(barefoot.) This time though it's not happening, even with more weight.

Also, a question for the future. At what point am I going to be needing a partner to spot me on bench? I really enjoy going to the gym, getting my business done and then getting out.


If you're not getting the depth you need you should stretch before the workout. Stretching MAYBE (and thsi is stretching for like a minute or longer in the studies) gives like 5% decrease in strength so it's not a big deal. More important is correct form and depth as you will still stimulate good adaptations whether you have to drop 5 lbs or not.

Weight should be mostly on the heels in general though... toes up can be a good cue but you shouldn't feel like you're going to tip backwards once you find a good balance.

On February 20 2011 14:17 Duckvillelol wrote:
Gonna come back for another Paleo question guys;

Been going for about 3 weeks now, I've lost 1.5kgs in these 3 weeks, I'm not sure if it's the diet or whatever, but not bad.

One thing I'm struggling with, is 'general food plans' if you know what I mean - I wanted to ask for those on paleo/version of paleo, what does a day (or two) look like in a meal planner, eg: what do you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I've been basing some of mine off this http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-meal-plan/ which has been good - however I still feel like I'm doing some of it wrong. Just want to see what everyone else is up to.

Edit: Forgot my second question - when "out on the town" or "out to watch a game" or something, generally friends and whatnot will always go grab something from a fast food joint or whatever, I was wondering, is there anything in the "take away" and/or "easy eats" style venues that I can have? Obviously I'm trying to go by the general "low carb low/no dairy" but when I'm out with friends I struggle :S


I try to take some jerky/fruit/boiled eggs/nuts (e.g. easily portable stuff in a backpack) if I'm going out and have to eat something so I don't have to eat any super crappy food. Although I will once in a while just eat out.

On February 20 2011 17:38 Duckvillelol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 16:24 Slithe wrote:
On February 20 2011 10:36 Alexson wrote:
On February 20 2011 10:25 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
On February 20 2011 09:34 Alexson wrote:
Does this look like a good mass gainer shake? Anything I should add/take out?

2 cups of milk
1/4 cups of olive oil
2 bananas
3 spoons of peanut butter
1 cup of oats


thats a dirty bulk if i ever saw one lol

If you are going to remove anything, id take out shit in this order
#1olive oil (replace w/ coconut oil/milk if you want, its much better for you and has more calories anyway) eating excessive amounts of vegetable oil is pretty terrible because of the ratio of bad/good fats, and resulting inflammatory potential.
#2oats/peanut butter. maybe add some whey or other protein powder instead?

ahh damnit. I thought olive oil was healthy though? and I don't use whey protein, not because I think its bad or anything, but I don't really need it.


Olive oil (extra virgin) is ok, as is coconut oil.

It's worth noting that there is a distinction between virgin olive oil and refined olive oil. Refined oils have been processed with additional chemicals. In the process, it also loses some of the great flavor. Basically, just stick with the quality extra virgin stuff.

In Eshlow's article about eating right, he cites that olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties, despite its O3:O6 ratios. http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/05/cardiovascular-disease-and-eating-right-the-facts/

Wikipedia also supports this assertion (I know it's not necessarily the best source, but whatever).
From Wikipedia
Another health benefit of olive oil seems to be its property to displace omega-6 fatty acids, while not having any impact on omega-3 fatty acids. This way, olive oil helps to build a more healthy balance between omega-6 fats and omega-3 fats.


I just read through that report, and something stood out to me:

Show nested quote +
However, if we eat a zero carbohydrate diet our livers have a process called gluconeogenesis which will manufacture glucose for our cells to use. Thus, carbohydrates are not universally bad; it is the magnitude of how much we consume which is bad for us.


Is gluconeogenesis the basis of paleo? That if you lower carb intake, this process can occur which uses (?) fat cells?


Paleo can be high carb, moderate carb or low carb/no carb. This depends largely on how much fruits and vegetables you are willing to eat compared to the rest of the foods in your diet.

When most people look at Paleo they feel it's a low carb diet, so there's a fallacy that this is the case. Paleo is mostly focused at eating HIGH QUALITY FOODS (e.g. real foods) and eliminating anything processed (neolithic) to improve health. Whether it be high/moderate/low/no carb is really up to you.

It is fairly hard to get a lot of carbs on paleo though so it tends to only be moderate/low/no carb.


Regardless, olive oil is fairly good, coconut oil is really good... so don't worry about it too much.

If you're using whole milk which is good then you already have a good amount of good fats. Pretty much any animal fats are good.... better if they're grassfed but still OK if they're grain fed. Much better than most vegetable oils anyway.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 20 2011 19:16 GMT
#1795
@eshlow: when i do the sleeper stretch i can rotate my arm almost all the way to the ground until i feel any tightness/pain, does this mean anything? Also are there any other stretches/tests i can do for my shoulders or should i just let them rest for a week or so?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 20 2011 19:17 GMT
#1796
On February 20 2011 15:50 Energies wrote:
Yeb, or should I go even lower?


Nah, i'm pretty sure you can murder those weights easy. Feel it out whether or not you should go lighter though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 20 2011 20:26 GMT
#1797
On February 21 2011 04:16 decafchicken wrote:
@eshlow: when i do the sleeper stretch i can rotate my arm almost all the way to the ground until i feel any tightness/pain, does this mean anything? Also are there any other stretches/tests i can do for my shoulders or should i just let them rest for a week or so?


No, most people can't get to the ground so your range of motion is fine.

Try some LYTPs for a week and see how they handle

http://davedraper.com/blog/2009/07/22/shoulder-ytwls-become-lytps/
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 20 2011 20:46 GMT
#1798
Wow I really wish I took some classes in nutrition or even majored in it. Its much more interesting than the boring stuff I learn now(electrical engineering).
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 20:48:05
February 20 2011 20:46 GMT
#1799
On February 21 2011 05:26 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2011 04:16 decafchicken wrote:
@eshlow: when i do the sleeper stretch i can rotate my arm almost all the way to the ground until i feel any tightness/pain, does this mean anything? Also are there any other stretches/tests i can do for my shoulders or should i just let them rest for a week or so?


No, most people can't get to the ground so your range of motion is fine.

Try some LYTPs for a week and see how they handle

http://davedraper.com/blog/2009/07/22/shoulder-ytwls-become-lytps/


alright, reading/watching vids. Should i be doing any of these with weights?

On February 21 2011 05:46 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Wow I really wish I took some classes in nutrition or even majored in it. Its much more interesting than the boring stuff I learn now(electrical engineering).


Yeah, and i wish i was kinesiology/nutrition major who could spend my life making people more awesome, but i fiscally i think i'm better off in business/law school T_T
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 20 2011 20:56 GMT
#1800
On February 21 2011 05:46 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2011 05:26 eshlow wrote:
On February 21 2011 04:16 decafchicken wrote:
@eshlow: when i do the sleeper stretch i can rotate my arm almost all the way to the ground until i feel any tightness/pain, does this mean anything? Also are there any other stretches/tests i can do for my shoulders or should i just let them rest for a week or so?


No, most people can't get to the ground so your range of motion is fine.

Try some LYTPs for a week and see how they handle

http://davedraper.com/blog/2009/07/22/shoulder-ytwls-become-lytps/


alright, reading/watching vids. Should i be doing any of these with weights?

Show nested quote +
On February 21 2011 05:46 AoN.DimSum wrote:
Wow I really wish I took some classes in nutrition or even majored in it. Its much more interesting than the boring stuff I learn now(electrical engineering).


Yeah, and i wish i was kinesiology/nutrition major who could spend my life making people more awesome, but i fiscally i think i'm better off in business/law school T_T


Light weights 10-15 reps
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.