• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 89

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 20 2011 02:58 GMT
#1761
On February 20 2011 10:55 sawedust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 10:30 decafchicken wrote:
lol @ the posterior chains of sjarl and sawedust. You guys aren't going to be able to move for daysss
Also saw this thing in muscle and fitness called the "juggernaut" method which looks pretty sweet, 16 week program pretty similar to 5/3/1


No kidding, I'm a pretty scrawny guy too (125lb / 56.5kg) so doing stuff like deads and squats are really taxing on my body. Definitely going to take a couple of days to recover. Probably won't even want to get out of bed in the morning D:


How long have you been lifting seriously?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 20 2011 03:06 GMT
#1762
On February 20 2011 08:12 AoN.DimSum wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1665966687452&comments
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1665964527398&comments

vicarious u need pics too!!

im going back to push jerk. split jerk is too complicated for me lolol


Dunno if you want to see the pink ristos No but when I start up again- hopefully this coming week- I'm going to put up some form check vids so you can see their sexyness anyways.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 20 2011 03:23 GMT
#1763
god man. went drinking tonight because one of my best friends was sort of celebrating her birthday. drank lots of gin tonic and finished the night up with some chicken nuggets and cottage cheese with milk at home. today was probably the most dirty bulking day i've had in weeks had a healthy dinner though (salmon with red peppers/carrots/mushrooms/onions) so its not all that bad hehe

college starts again on monday :/ not looking forward to that. but I cant wait to crak 102.5k on the squat

heres to hoping I can break funkies squat "record" ! so I can be the best novice in here :D

bah. still pretty drunk. gonna drink lots of water and then go to sleep.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
February 20 2011 03:27 GMT
#1764
On February 20 2011 11:03 eshlow wrote:
lol, excessive volume much?

I hope you enjoyed it because you'll be enjoying it for the next week. :p

remember, more is not always better


At me?

Good form before everything else! I may not be able to lift the most weight at the gym, but I want to make sure I have proper form and not hinder myself with injuries. I cringe when I see others doing deads with a rounded back and three plates on each side :/

I only get to work out three times a week because of work and recovery time, but I'm doing okay! Saturdays are the only days where I have a really taxing workout, the other days have just as high of an intensity but don't have as much volume.

It's really fun to see the progress though!
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
February 20 2011 03:35 GMT
#1765
On February 20 2011 11:58 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 10:55 sawedust wrote:
No kidding, I'm a pretty scrawny guy too (125lb / 56.5kg) so doing stuff like deads and squats are really taxing on my body. Definitely going to take a couple of days to recover. Probably won't even want to get out of bed in the morning D:


How long have you been lifting seriously?


Lifting seriously, about a year now.

I had been lifting before but never on a consistent basis; it was erratic and at that time I didn't know any better about routines, sets, nutrition, etc etc. The form was always there. But it was the dedication and devotion to good health that was missing.

Started for real around February/March of last year, standing soaking wet at around 105 pounds or so, there was a lot of things going on in my life at that time that contributed to that. I decided I was going to change my life and start going to the gym and so far I've kept it up!

When I first started a year ago, my bench press was at 75lbs for a one rep max. Squat was at 95lbs, deadlift probably around the same.

A year later and I'm proud to say I'm part of the "I can bench one plate club," along with upping my major lifts too. I only put on 20 pounds or so, but I'll gladly take it as a hardgainer. A lot of my family members have told me I look a lot better now than I did a year ago and I believe them.

Really thankful that I've found the gym as a second home to take my mind off of things as well as give me a place to release some aggression and/or tension after being cheesed five games in a row
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 03:39:09
February 20 2011 03:35 GMT
#1766
three times a week is plenty. think eshlow was just hinting at the somewhat exessive volume of your exercise program. might just want to stick with what the SS or stronglift 5x5 programs lay out for you!

and congrats on your gains man. it might not seem like a lot on paper but of people start to notice then its working! keep on owning man
just remember to eat a shit ton of food, drink lots of milk and dont stop working out! you cant go wrong with the iron. its probably your best friend, because its always honest with you! SHOW THAT BARBELL WHOSE BOSS
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 03:52:36
February 20 2011 03:51 GMT
#1767
I need some life-coaching guys :/

hypotehtical question:
lets say you are in love with one of your closest friends but you are pretty certain that she has no such feelings for you because of comments and actions in the past.

would you still go for it and risk your friendship or leave it as it is and just remain friends?

yes the question might not be so hypothetical

HELP ME FITNESS-THREAD!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
vitriol
Profile Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 04:01:09
February 20 2011 03:57 GMT
#1768
On February 20 2011 12:51 Zafrumi wrote:
I need some life-coaching guys :/

hypotehtical question:
lets say you are in love with one of your closest friends but you are pretty certain that she has no such feelings for you because of comments and actions in the past.

would you still go for it and risk your friendship or leave it as it is and just remain friends?

yes the question might not be so hypothetical

HELP ME FITNESS-THREAD!



You should try Starting Strength and drink lots of milk. Start low with your weights and don't rush to add weight that will just stall you faster.

EDIT: remember form first then pounds.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 20 2011 03:59 GMT
#1769
lol not really what I was looking for but thanks
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 20 2011 04:03 GMT
#1770
ROFL that was great advice vitriol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
February 20 2011 04:04 GMT
#1771
I think this picture is relevant to your plight in this thread:

[image loading]
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 20 2011 04:06 GMT
#1772
bastard
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 20 2011 04:31 GMT
#1773
On February 20 2011 12:35 sawedust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2011 11:58 decafchicken wrote:
On February 20 2011 10:55 sawedust wrote:
No kidding, I'm a pretty scrawny guy too (125lb / 56.5kg) so doing stuff like deads and squats are really taxing on my body. Definitely going to take a couple of days to recover. Probably won't even want to get out of bed in the morning D:


How long have you been lifting seriously?


Lifting seriously, about a year now.

I had been lifting before but never on a consistent basis; it was erratic and at that time I didn't know any better about routines, sets, nutrition, etc etc. The form was always there. But it was the dedication and devotion to good health that was missing.

Started for real around February/March of last year, standing soaking wet at around 105 pounds or so, there was a lot of things going on in my life at that time that contributed to that. I decided I was going to change my life and start going to the gym and so far I've kept it up!

When I first started a year ago, my bench press was at 75lbs for a one rep max. Squat was at 95lbs, deadlift probably around the same.

A year later and I'm proud to say I'm part of the "I can bench one plate club," along with upping my major lifts too. I only put on 20 pounds or so, but I'll gladly take it as a hardgainer. A lot of my family members have told me I look a lot better now than I did a year ago and I believe them.

Really thankful that I've found the gym as a second home to take my mind off of things as well as give me a place to release some aggression and/or tension after being cheesed five games in a row


Hmmm after a year on a good program you should definitely be able to hit more than 2 plates on squats and deadlifts...

Progress too slow man...

ANd eat more. no one is a hard gainer. Only under eaters
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Gryffindor_us
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States5606 Posts
February 20 2011 04:52 GMT
#1774
So, I'm back at the gym and it's not feeling right when I'm squatting. That is to say I don't feel I'm getting the depth I was getting before I flaked out. Before, I had been doing some hamstring stretches BEFORE the workout and then I found out that it lowers your strength or something. Anyway, the thing I noticed was that before when I bottomed out my toes would lift up and I would be on my heels(barefoot.) This time though it's not happening, even with more weight.

Also, a question for the future. At what point am I going to be needing a partner to spot me on bench? I really enjoy going to the gym, getting my business done and then getting out.
Remember 11-12-04. 이윤열 ~. |||| ZerO, IriS, JangBi, Stork, BackHo! Mah Jae Yoon is no longer a feared entity.
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
February 20 2011 04:55 GMT
#1775
On February 20 2011 13:31 eshlow wrote:
Hmmm after a year on a good program you should definitely be able to hit more than 2 plates on squats and deadlifts...

Progress too slow man...

ANd eat more. no one is a hard gainer. Only under eaters


Thanks for the motivation.

My squat isn't at two plates yet, but my deadlift is as far as one-rep maxes go.

I'll be sure to get there.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
February 20 2011 05:02 GMT
#1776
On February 20 2011 13:52 Gryffindor_us wrote:
So, I'm back at the gym and it's not feeling right when I'm squatting. That is to say I don't feel I'm getting the depth I was getting before I flaked out. Before, I had been doing some hamstring stretches BEFORE the workout and then I found out that it lowers your strength or something. Anyway, the thing I noticed was that before when I bottomed out my toes would lift up and I would be on my heels(barefoot.) This time though it's not happening, even with more weight.

Also, a question for the future. At what point am I going to be needing a partner to spot me on bench? I really enjoy going to the gym, getting my business done and then getting out.



Im no expert on when you should get a spotter for bench press, but someone gave me a tip about when you are benching by yourself is to never use the clamps on the bar. That way if you do happen to not make a rep and have no strength to get the bar off of your chest, you can just lean one way and all the plates will fall off. This is more a last ditch effort, but if you are in a terrible position, it can save you lots of pain. It also applies to me a little more as i have a 24 hour gym and go late at night, so normally i don't really see many other people, so i dont have anyone to spot me.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-20 05:18:47
February 20 2011 05:17 GMT
#1777
Gonna come back for another Paleo question guys;

Been going for about 3 weeks now, I've lost 1.5kgs in these 3 weeks, I'm not sure if it's the diet or whatever, but not bad.

One thing I'm struggling with, is 'general food plans' if you know what I mean - I wanted to ask for those on paleo/version of paleo, what does a day (or two) look like in a meal planner, eg: what do you have for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I've been basing some of mine off this http://paleodietlifestyle.com/paleo-meal-plan/ which has been good - however I still feel like I'm doing some of it wrong. Just want to see what everyone else is up to.

Edit: Forgot my second question - when "out on the town" or "out to watch a game" or something, generally friends and whatnot will always go grab something from a fast food joint or whatever, I was wondering, is there anything in the "take away" and/or "easy eats" style venues that I can have? Obviously I'm trying to go by the general "low carb low/no dairy" but when I'm out with friends I struggle :S
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 20 2011 05:20 GMT
#1778
Hmm, is my deadlift weight out of whack with my squat/bench/press? It's strange...

Today's squat: 245x5x3
Today's press: 145x5x3
Last session's bench: 197x5x3
Today's deadlift: 350x5x1

I feel like my squat and press are lagging behind my other lifts and my deadlift is kicking everything else's ass. I felt like I could add another 10 pounds on that as well.
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
February 20 2011 06:07 GMT
#1779
your lifts all look good in relation to eachother except the squat, its pretty low imo.
aka DragOn[NaS]
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
February 20 2011 06:18 GMT
#1780
yeah i'd agree.. based on your deadlift, i would think your squat would be closer to 300.
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.