• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 87

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 730 Next
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 22:51:30
February 18 2011 22:51 GMT
#1721
Does tiger balm actually work? I've been using this oil that I purchased from China a long time ago, and its effectiveness seems to be diminishing.

This is what I use:
[image loading]
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-18 23:51:26
February 18 2011 23:47 GMT
#1722
Taking a week of snatching...if anyone sees me doing it, hit me!
Clean and jerks went well, got 4 singles at 120, 125, and 130. 125 is pretty much automatic and i'm comfortable at 130, although last two were not quite as clean as the first two. vids should be up in a sec, only got the jerk on tape for one of them (which sucks cause the clean was awesome and the other one isn't quite as good Think my jerks getting better though.
Also, its kind of distracting when you have an entire girls high school basketball team in the weight room that is likely underage staring at you as you're lifting heavy T_T



On February 19 2011 01:25 unknown.sam wrote:
question on texas method.

say i start my PR days with triples, does this mean i have to keep on doing triples on PR days? i'm at a point where i feel like i'm going to stall really soon and i was thinking of just doing doubles instead.

i also read somewhere that you can make gains as an intermediate for much longer than as a novice albeit at a much slower pace.

am i not eating enough? or maybe my increments are too much? smallest increments are at 2 & 3.5 lbs. still no luck finding olympic plates


Default answer to not eating enough: Yes. When in doubt eat more and rest more :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 18 2011 23:54 GMT
#1723
130kg deadlift 1x5

Im just gonna leave that there.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 19 2011 00:17 GMT
#1724
On February 19 2011 08:54 funkie wrote:
130kg deadlift 1x5

Im just gonna leave that there.



You shall not beat me!! :-p

also:
http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=10948536&ab=CMS:HOMEPAGE:CMS:A1&ppg=64

Bunch of 10$ vitamins, thinking about making my own pre workout with gluatmine + creatine + arginine.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 19 2011 00:27 GMT
#1725
wow funkie insane progress!!!

better jerk decaf!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 19 2011 00:31 GMT
#1726
On February 19 2011 09:27 AoN.DimSum wrote:
wow funkie insane progress!!!

better jerk decaf!


Consider it a birthday present :-p

Now i command thee to go celebrate.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 19 2011 00:43 GMT
#1727
On February 19 2011 08:54 funkie wrote:
130kg deadlift 1x5

Im just gonna leave that there.



npnp
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Brainslug
Profile Joined June 2010
20 Posts
February 19 2011 00:48 GMT
#1728
On February 18 2011 10:01 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 18 2011 07:26 Slithe wrote:
Eshlow, I'm thinking of buying some rings. Do you have any experience with the xtreme rings from GymnasticBodies? They seem to be pretty well received and are cheaper than the EXF rings.


I think rogue rings are cheaper than Xtreme rings

Honestly it doesn't matter which one you get... if you're serious about strength work then anything works and cheapest tends to be best option for people.

I like the feel of wood ones the best but they're expensive


Wooden rings are no longer expensive since Rogue released theirs ($72). That's the same price as the EXF rings, but being wooden is a huge advantage - your grip is improved to the extent that you don't really need chalk. And if you do use chalk, the wood holds it much better. You really don't want some quickly-degrading rubber grip texture.

I also prefer the standard FIG 1.1" width, which it shares with the xtreme rings (it's harder to maintain a good false-grip on the bizarrely thicker rings). The xtreme rings are fine - I certainly rate them higher than the EXF - but they just aren't the same as wood. You can see Coach Sommer's opinion on this matter here: http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5214

Unfortunately, the link to buy them now seems to be broken in the OP. They're now located here: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-wood-rings.php
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 19 2011 01:03 GMT
#1729
Got a 3 yr membership @ the gym today. Pretty excited since I've had to endure shitty gyms for the last 2+years (1 or even 0 squat racks, no ergs, etc).

Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 19 2011 01:09 GMT
#1730
Hey Brainslug, if you can satisfy my curiosity, what is the extent of your gymnastics experience?
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 01:38:55
February 19 2011 01:38 GMT
#1731
On February 19 2011 07:51 Cambium wrote:
Does tiger balm actually work? I've been using this oil that I purchased from China a long time ago, and its effectiveness seems to be diminishing.


It works just the same as any other heat gel/tincture, but smells nice as well. It also seems to unblock a stuffed nose if you put in on your chest. It's cheap too

Edit: sick lifts decaf and funkie!
u gotta sk8
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 19 2011 02:14 GMT
#1732
On February 19 2011 08:54 funkie wrote:
130kg deadlift 1x5

Im just gonna leave that there.


Now imagine throwing that over your head. That's insane... Nice progress funkie, I'm gonna catch up again

Fucking inspirational to watch decaf throwing around weights like nothing

I've noticed that if I go below parallel when I'm squating, my lower back gets round. How long does it take to get the flexibility to go below parallel?
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 05:50:34
February 19 2011 05:50 GMT
#1733
thought i'd share this for those doing SL 5x5. maybe eshlow can put this in the OP

http://s3.amazonaws.com/StrongLifts/stronglifts-5x5-report.pdf
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 19 2011 07:10 GMT
#1734
Apparently being able to lift really heavy stuff doesn't equate to fitness. I was helping the gf train for a triathlon yesterday, we did a 20k bike ride, last 5-6k I was drafting behind her, I pretended I wanted to stare at her ass rather than tell her I can't keep up. FML. I want my fitness back but stay semi-beast mode. >_<
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
February 19 2011 07:27 GMT
#1735
dude don't you do spinning class? wouldn't 20k be relatively easy for you?
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 19 2011 07:33 GMT
#1736
On February 19 2011 16:10 Energies wrote:
Apparently being able to lift really heavy stuff doesn't equate to fitness. I was helping the gf train for a triathlon yesterday, we did a 20k bike ride, last 5-6k I was drafting behind her, I pretended I wanted to stare at her ass rather than tell her I can't keep up. FML. I want my fitness back but stay semi-beast mode. >_<


Uhhhh did you expect to keep up? assuming you are doing SS by the book

sorry SS isn't the solution to everything
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 07:42:47
February 19 2011 07:40 GMT
#1737
On February 19 2011 16:27 unknown.sam wrote:
dude don't you do spinning class? wouldn't 20k be relatively easy for you?


Well, I would have thought so..but the spin class doesn't necessarily reflect real life cycling. You can face a lot of headwind, uneasy roads etc. And she is a triathlete. >_<. In all honesty I could probably have easily won if it was a race as I was ahead on every hill with only about 70-80% effort. The thing that annoys me is she was able to do the entire ride at one constant pace without having to exert a great deal of strength or fitness. My heart rate on the other hand would have been going from 80 to 180 every few minutes.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-19 07:43:41
February 19 2011 07:41 GMT
#1738
On February 19 2011 16:33 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 16:10 Energies wrote:
Apparently being able to lift really heavy stuff doesn't equate to fitness. I was helping the gf train for a triathlon yesterday, we did a 20k bike ride, last 5-6k I was drafting behind her, I pretended I wanted to stare at her ass rather than tell her I can't keep up. FML. I want my fitness back but stay semi-beast mode. >_<


Uhhhh did you expect to keep up? assuming you are doing SS by the book

sorry SS isn't the solution to everything


I'm not doing SS, haven't for some months now. I'm doing some sort of mutant compound/split routine because of my current work schedule. I'm currently reading SL (Thanks for the link sam!) and plan on getting back into it next week.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
February 19 2011 07:45 GMT
#1739
Just went rock climbing, pinched a nerve in my index finger and now it's numb as all fuck. :/

was fun though, and I definitely noticed that my upper body strength has increased since last time
u gotta sk8
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 19 2011 08:07 GMT
#1740
On February 19 2011 16:41 Energies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2011 16:33 vicariouscheese wrote:
On February 19 2011 16:10 Energies wrote:
Apparently being able to lift really heavy stuff doesn't equate to fitness. I was helping the gf train for a triathlon yesterday, we did a 20k bike ride, last 5-6k I was drafting behind her, I pretended I wanted to stare at her ass rather than tell her I can't keep up. FML. I want my fitness back but stay semi-beast mode. >_<


Uhhhh did you expect to keep up? assuming you are doing SS by the book

sorry SS isn't the solution to everything


I'm not doing SS, haven't for some months now. I'm doing some sort of mutant compound/split routine because of my current work schedule. I'm currently reading SL (Thanks for the link sam!) and plan on getting back into it next week.


my bad, here I am assuming everyone is doing the same program D:
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.