• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9602 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 73

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 730 Next
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 10 2011 10:03 GMT
#1441
On February 10 2011 16:04 Evilmonkey. wrote:
Pretty stoked about my workout today

Finished 195lbsx3x5 on bench without help. Hopefully by next week I'll be in the 200 club =)

Squat: 250x3x5, still need to go lower but am a lot happier with my form.

Deadlift: 315x1x5, felt like a freaking beast with 3 plates on each side. Favorite lift now by far. I feel like it's gonna be a while before I stop gaining on this lift too.

Btw when do ya'll get you're maxes?? I'd like to see where I'm at at 1 rep, but I wanna keep gaining as well.


There's a calculator for this.

Your 1RM on bench is 219.
Your 1RM on squat is 281.
Your 1RM on dead is 354.

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 10 2011 10:16 GMT
#1442
On February 10 2011 13:53 Warrior Madness wrote:
Anyone here tried intermittent fasting? Been browsing through leangains.com and I gotta say that the before and after pics of the testamonials trully are the most impressive ones I've seen yet. It's not paleo per se but I'm pretty sure you can adapt paleo to his program. It basically consists of fasting for 16 hours a day (factoring 8 hours of sleep) and eating three meals within the next 8 hours, usually before a workout, post work out and before bed. You eat 20% of your total daily caloric intake when you're breaking the fast, and 50% in your post work out meal. The remaining 30% before bed time. Starchy foods are encouraged. On work out days (3x) you eat a lot of carbs, moderate protein and low fat, and on off days (4x) you'd eat high protein, moderate fat and moderate carbs. The basic lifting program is your standard SS stuff.

For me personally I've tried it for two days (Without really adjusting my paleo diet) and I feel like shit....Mind is cloudy, I feel very anxious and somewhat nauseous. And my energy levels are super low. Lower than before I started paleo. I'm probably doing something wrong. I'll give it a go for a week and try to incorporate some white rice after exercising.


I do. I think Rosaparks also might do some form of it.
You have to make sure you eat enough food though, ie fats or carbs or you will feel like shit, esp in the fast in the following day. I myself didn't really have any problems, but i felt a bit of the same symptoms if i didn't eat enough the day before. I've been doing it close to 2 months now. You can't really achieve his macro layouts unless you eat some form of grains (brown rice and oats are among my choices here) on workout days. I finally weighed my post workout meal yesterday actually... found out it was 450grams of brown rice, 750grams of chicken breast, ~100grams of veg and 150g of tomatoe pure. I had no idea i was actually eating almost 1.5kg of food in one sitting (that meal is like ~2700kcal), it feels pretty awesome.

It's important to note that his clients in the testimonials have basically followed what he calls a body recomposition though. Where on workouts days, your caloric intake is increased by 20% and on off days your caloric intake is decreased by 20%, resulting in muscle gains and fat loss.
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 10 2011 12:55 GMT
#1443
On February 10 2011 19:16 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 13:53 Warrior Madness wrote:
Anyone here tried intermittent fasting? Been browsing through leangains.com and I gotta say that the before and after pics of the testamonials trully are the most impressive ones I've seen yet. It's not paleo per se but I'm pretty sure you can adapt paleo to his program. It basically consists of fasting for 16 hours a day (factoring 8 hours of sleep) and eating three meals within the next 8 hours, usually before a workout, post work out and before bed. You eat 20% of your total daily caloric intake when you're breaking the fast, and 50% in your post work out meal. The remaining 30% before bed time. Starchy foods are encouraged. On work out days (3x) you eat a lot of carbs, moderate protein and low fat, and on off days (4x) you'd eat high protein, moderate fat and moderate carbs. The basic lifting program is your standard SS stuff.

For me personally I've tried it for two days (Without really adjusting my paleo diet) and I feel like shit....Mind is cloudy, I feel very anxious and somewhat nauseous. And my energy levels are super low. Lower than before I started paleo. I'm probably doing something wrong. I'll give it a go for a week and try to incorporate some white rice after exercising.


I do. I think Rosaparks also might do some form of it.
You have to make sure you eat enough food though, ie fats or carbs or you will feel like shit, esp in the fast in the following day. I myself didn't really have any problems, but i felt a bit of the same symptoms if i didn't eat enough the day before. I've been doing it close to 2 months now. You can't really achieve his macro layouts unless you eat some form of grains (brown rice and oats are among my choices here) on workout days. I finally weighed my post workout meal yesterday actually... found out it was 450grams of brown rice, 750grams of chicken breast, ~100grams of veg and 150g of tomatoe pure. I had no idea i was actually eating almost 1.5kg of food in one sitting (that meal is like ~2700kcal), it feels pretty awesome.

It's important to note that his clients in the testimonials have basically followed what he calls a body recomposition though. Where on workouts days, your caloric intake is increased by 20% and on off days your caloric intake is decreased by 20%, resulting in muscle gains and fat loss.


Yeah. There are a lot of types of intermittent fasting, and I've used two: Eat Stop Eat and Leangains.

Eat Stop Eat is a flexible intermittent fasting program where you just fast for two days a week. For example, if Wednesday is to be your fast day, you eat dinner on Tuesday night at around 8 pm and then eat dinner again on Wednesday night at 8 pm. The key here is to not binge before the fast or after it; that defeats the purpose. ESE reduces calories taken in per week by about 20%.

As for Leangains, well, you can just read his site and the above post. I rather like LG because it is not at all difficult to execute. Your body gets used to 16 hour fasts very quickly and you stop getting hungry during this time, which makes it just like a normal breakfast-lunch-dinner eating schedule in terms of difficulty. Also, I rather like working out fasted with some BCAAs/Jack3d in me, so it's the perfect complement for my training.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 13:24:56
February 10 2011 13:20 GMT
#1444
On February 10 2011 21:55 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 19:16 Sinep wrote:
On February 10 2011 13:53 Warrior Madness wrote:
Anyone here tried intermittent fasting? Been browsing through leangains.com and I gotta say that the before and after pics of the testamonials trully are the most impressive ones I've seen yet. It's not paleo per se but I'm pretty sure you can adapt paleo to his program. It basically consists of fasting for 16 hours a day (factoring 8 hours of sleep) and eating three meals within the next 8 hours, usually before a workout, post work out and before bed. You eat 20% of your total daily caloric intake when you're breaking the fast, and 50% in your post work out meal. The remaining 30% before bed time. Starchy foods are encouraged. On work out days (3x) you eat a lot of carbs, moderate protein and low fat, and on off days (4x) you'd eat high protein, moderate fat and moderate carbs. The basic lifting program is your standard SS stuff.

For me personally I've tried it for two days (Without really adjusting my paleo diet) and I feel like shit....Mind is cloudy, I feel very anxious and somewhat nauseous. And my energy levels are super low. Lower than before I started paleo. I'm probably doing something wrong. I'll give it a go for a week and try to incorporate some white rice after exercising.


I do. I think Rosaparks also might do some form of it.
You have to make sure you eat enough food though, ie fats or carbs or you will feel like shit, esp in the fast in the following day. I myself didn't really have any problems, but i felt a bit of the same symptoms if i didn't eat enough the day before. I've been doing it close to 2 months now. You can't really achieve his macro layouts unless you eat some form of grains (brown rice and oats are among my choices here) on workout days. I finally weighed my post workout meal yesterday actually... found out it was 450grams of brown rice, 750grams of chicken breast, ~100grams of veg and 150g of tomatoe pure. I had no idea i was actually eating almost 1.5kg of food in one sitting (that meal is like ~2700kcal), it feels pretty awesome.

It's important to note that his clients in the testimonials have basically followed what he calls a body recomposition though. Where on workouts days, your caloric intake is increased by 20% and on off days your caloric intake is decreased by 20%, resulting in muscle gains and fat loss.


Yeah. There are a lot of types of intermittent fasting, and I've used two: Eat Stop Eat and Leangains.

Eat Stop Eat is a flexible intermittent fasting program where you just fast for two days a week. For example, if Wednesday is to be your fast day, you eat dinner on Tuesday night at around 8 pm and then eat dinner again on Wednesday night at 8 pm. The key here is to not binge before the fast or after it; that defeats the purpose. ESE reduces calories taken in per week by about 20%.

As for Leangains, well, you can just read his site and the above post. I rather like LG because it is not at all difficult to execute. Your body gets used to 16 hour fasts very quickly and you stop getting hungry during this time, which makes it just like a normal breakfast-lunch-dinner eating schedule in terms of difficulty. Also, I rather like working out fasted with some BCAAs/Jack3d in me, so it's the perfect complement for my training.

hmmm very interesting. wouldn't fasting give you ulcer issues?

oh and what ever happened to the 5-6 meals a day? i'm a little confused now

Edit: just a question on vit D dosage. i've suddenly been hit by this obnoxious cold and it's pissing me off having to breathe through only one nostril, it's also giving me a headache. so how much should i be taking in? 5k IU??
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 10 2011 13:28 GMT
#1445
good day yesterday.

122kg Deadlift
75kg bench (dunno where those 80kg's went )
and 85kg squat.

Douche story:

yesterday while I was squatting, there were some guys doing RDL (romanian Deadlift), they loaded the bar, totalling 60kg. We were alternating the barbell usage and stuff, I left them go first, and do their RDL and then I'd go and do my squats.

When they were done in their "series", like we did 1 series and then reset and everyone did another series and so on, one of the guys asked me "do you want help getting the bar up?", and I was like "nah, I can od it myself". I grabbed that shit and power cleaned it so ez and so sexy. I felt like LOL i r teh shiznit.

/doucheoff :D

<3 u gheyz.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 10 2011 13:29 GMT
#1446
No, IFing doesn't give ulcer issues.

Basically, if you eat quality foods you don't have to eat all the time if you don't want to and your body think it's fine. You can even gain good muscle mass or lose weight well with this.

Vitamin D for cold issues I'd hit up 15-20k. More for flu. It's just a temporarily higher dosage until the sickness goes away.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 10 2011 14:26 GMT
#1447
On February 10 2011 22:28 funkie wrote:
good day yesterday.

122kg Deadlift
75kg bench (dunno where those 80kg's went )
and 85kg squat.

Douche story:

yesterday while I was squatting, there were some guys doing RDL (romanian Deadlift), they loaded the bar, totalling 60kg. We were alternating the barbell usage and stuff, I left them go first, and do their RDL and then I'd go and do my squats.

When they were done in their "series", like we did 1 series and then reset and everyone did another series and so on, one of the guys asked me "do you want help getting the bar up?", and I was like "nah, I can od it myself". I grabbed that shit and power cleaned it so ez and so sexy. I felt like LOL i r teh shiznit.

/doucheoff :D

<3 u gheyz.


like a BOSS!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 10 2011 15:11 GMT
#1448
Lol funkie y u so hard bro?

Eating 5-6 meals just makes it easier to get your calories in. Check out leangains for why its a bodybuilding myth, I'm on my phone and don't have the link off hand. If you're eating large enough meals on IF, you should be fine.

As far as vit D, I take 10k IU daily, and when I feel a cold coming on I double that for the first two days. I haven't had a flu or anything more serious since I started talking vitamins daily and working out. That in itself is amazing, as I used to be the guy that was ALWAYS sick.
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 10 2011 15:15 GMT
#1449
On February 10 2011 15:02 ShadowDrgn wrote:My only problem is that my upper body strength sucks, and I'm too exhausted after the workouts to do any assistance exercises like dips, pull-ups, or push-ups. I'm really struggling with the press and bench press, but I haven't failed a squat or deadlift rep yet.


You're not supposed to be able to do any assistance exercises with starting strength... it will get in the way of your progress, even if you don't feel tired and are able to do them. When you have hit your limit with SS, *that's* when you can start considering assistance exercises.

Also your press and bench will reset many more times than squat and deadlift- you are using less muscles and everyone's legs/back are stronger than their chest and shoulders (unless you're one of those people who only bench and bicep curl ) so that doesn't mean your upper body is lacking.
frawress
Profile Joined February 2011
United States22 Posts
February 10 2011 18:47 GMT
#1450
@phyre112

My issue with bench press is the tightness portion which is explained rather well in that video, I'll try it the next time I go.

@phyre112, @Zafrumi
I think I will switch to whole milk. I spent a good hour reading the SS wiki and it provides fairly convincing arguments in favor of it. I still have a gallon of skim left but I should be able to finish it quickly. Not sure if I can handle a gallon a day though, that's intense.

There's also a new grad student here that has a good understanding of squat/bench form so I'm going to see if he can also help me out as I'm getting started with SS.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 10 2011 20:12 GMT
#1451
On February 10 2011 23:26 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 22:28 funkie wrote:
good day yesterday.

122kg Deadlift
75kg bench (dunno where those 80kg's went )
and 85kg squat.

Douche story:

yesterday while I was squatting, there were some guys doing RDL (romanian Deadlift), they loaded the bar, totalling 60kg. We were alternating the barbell usage and stuff, I left them go first, and do their RDL and then I'd go and do my squats.

When they were done in their "series", like we did 1 series and then reset and everyone did another series and so on, one of the guys asked me "do you want help getting the bar up?", and I was like "nah, I can od it myself". I grabbed that shit and power cleaned it so ez and so sexy. I felt like LOL i r teh shiznit.

/doucheoff :D

<3 u gheyz.


like a BOSS!


LIKE A BOSS BRO!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 10 2011 21:48 GMT
#1452
On February 10 2011 15:10 kodiaktfc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 13:17 Alexson wrote:
Here is my SS progress.
S= Squat B= Bench DL= Deadlift P= Press PC= Powerclean

Sat 1-22-11
S: 95 lbs B: 65lbs DL: 135lbs

Mon 1-24-11
S: 105lbs P: 45lbs PC: 95lbs

Wen 1-26-11
S: 115lbs B: 95lbs DL: 155lbs

Sat 1-29-11
S: 135lbs B: 105lbs D: 205lbs

Mon 1-31-11
S: 145lbs B: 105lbs DL: 205lbs

Wen 2-2-11
S: 155lbs P: 65lbs PC: 110lbs

Sat 2-5-11
S: 160lbs B: 110lbs DL 215lbs

Mon 2-7-11
S: 170lbs P:70lbs PC: 115lbs

Wen(today) 2-9-11
S: 180lbs B: 115lbs DL: 230lbs -- so I failed the 4th rep today on Squat, on the last set

Ive seen an increase of 85 lbs in my squat in 3 weeks.
50 lbs on my bench
95 lbs on deadlift
25 on press
20 lbs on cleans

Since I failed squatting I think I'm going to start increasing only 5lbs a workout instead of 10, is this how its suppose to be :/? Everything besides deadlift is going to be increased by 5, and deadlift by 10.. does this sound good?

And am I making good progress so far :D?



I'd bet my life that on your squat you don't go down far enough.

I will post vids next time I go to the gym. Are you prepared to have your comment completely obliterated ?
Jk, but go down as low ass possible. My ass is literally touching the floor while I squat.
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 10 2011 21:56 GMT
#1453
On February 11 2011 06:48 Alexson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2011 15:10 kodiaktfc wrote:
On February 10 2011 13:17 Alexson wrote:
Here is my SS progress.
S= Squat B= Bench DL= Deadlift P= Press PC= Powerclean

Sat 1-22-11
S: 95 lbs B: 65lbs DL: 135lbs

Mon 1-24-11
S: 105lbs P: 45lbs PC: 95lbs

Wen 1-26-11
S: 115lbs B: 95lbs DL: 155lbs

Sat 1-29-11
S: 135lbs B: 105lbs D: 205lbs

Mon 1-31-11
S: 145lbs B: 105lbs DL: 205lbs

Wen 2-2-11
S: 155lbs P: 65lbs PC: 110lbs

Sat 2-5-11
S: 160lbs B: 110lbs DL 215lbs

Mon 2-7-11
S: 170lbs P:70lbs PC: 115lbs

Wen(today) 2-9-11
S: 180lbs B: 115lbs DL: 230lbs -- so I failed the 4th rep today on Squat, on the last set

Ive seen an increase of 85 lbs in my squat in 3 weeks.
50 lbs on my bench
95 lbs on deadlift
25 on press
20 lbs on cleans

Since I failed squatting I think I'm going to start increasing only 5lbs a workout instead of 10, is this how its suppose to be :/? Everything besides deadlift is going to be increased by 5, and deadlift by 10.. does this sound good?

And am I making good progress so far :D?



I'd bet my life that on your squat you don't go down far enough.

I will post vids next time I go to the gym. Are you prepared to have your comment completely obliterated ?
Jk, but go down as low ass possible. My ass is literally touching the floor while I squat.


Wish i could hit a like button on this post.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 10 2011 22:04 GMT
#1454
On February 11 2011 06:56 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2011 06:48 Alexson wrote:
On February 10 2011 15:10 kodiaktfc wrote:
On February 10 2011 13:17 Alexson wrote:
Here is my SS progress.
S= Squat B= Bench DL= Deadlift P= Press PC= Powerclean

Sat 1-22-11
S: 95 lbs B: 65lbs DL: 135lbs

Mon 1-24-11
S: 105lbs P: 45lbs PC: 95lbs

Wen 1-26-11
S: 115lbs B: 95lbs DL: 155lbs

Sat 1-29-11
S: 135lbs B: 105lbs D: 205lbs

Mon 1-31-11
S: 145lbs B: 105lbs DL: 205lbs

Wen 2-2-11
S: 155lbs P: 65lbs PC: 110lbs

Sat 2-5-11
S: 160lbs B: 110lbs DL 215lbs

Mon 2-7-11
S: 170lbs P:70lbs PC: 115lbs

Wen(today) 2-9-11
S: 180lbs B: 115lbs DL: 230lbs -- so I failed the 4th rep today on Squat, on the last set

Ive seen an increase of 85 lbs in my squat in 3 weeks.
50 lbs on my bench
95 lbs on deadlift
25 on press
20 lbs on cleans

Since I failed squatting I think I'm going to start increasing only 5lbs a workout instead of 10, is this how its suppose to be :/? Everything besides deadlift is going to be increased by 5, and deadlift by 10.. does this sound good?

And am I making good progress so far :D?



I'd bet my life that on your squat you don't go down far enough.

I will post vids next time I go to the gym. Are you prepared to have your comment completely obliterated ?
Jk, but go down as low ass possible. My ass is literally touching the floor while I squat.


Wish i could hit a like button on this post.


Wish I could be that awesome and get my squat all the way down there. I don't count the rep if I don't hit parallel, but I feel like if I were to go lower I'd get stuck. Maybe if I do a major reset I'll work on that sometime.

Approaching six months of working out. Two weeks from today I'll have made it to this major milestone. All of my lifts, except bench have at least doubled. First two and a half months even though I was doing Squats, deads, bench, and barbell rows I was mostly just dicking around, didn't have a set routine on them and didn't regularly increase my weight. I also had terrible form. Been doing a real SS-type workout for 2.5 months, with a month off in the middle for final exams/gym closed on winter break (and I'm just approaching my first resets). I'm proud of the work I've put in overall, and even more proud of the progress I've made. Going to work my ass off, and attempt to eat it right back these next two weeks. At this time, I will possibly go all vain bro-mode and post progress pictures. I feel like this thread needs more of them.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 10 2011 22:15 GMT
#1455
On February 11 2011 07:04 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2011 06:56 decafchicken wrote:
On February 11 2011 06:48 Alexson wrote:
On February 10 2011 15:10 kodiaktfc wrote:
On February 10 2011 13:17 Alexson wrote:
Here is my SS progress.
S= Squat B= Bench DL= Deadlift P= Press PC= Powerclean

Sat 1-22-11
S: 95 lbs B: 65lbs DL: 135lbs

Mon 1-24-11
S: 105lbs P: 45lbs PC: 95lbs

Wen 1-26-11
S: 115lbs B: 95lbs DL: 155lbs

Sat 1-29-11
S: 135lbs B: 105lbs D: 205lbs

Mon 1-31-11
S: 145lbs B: 105lbs DL: 205lbs

Wen 2-2-11
S: 155lbs P: 65lbs PC: 110lbs

Sat 2-5-11
S: 160lbs B: 110lbs DL 215lbs

Mon 2-7-11
S: 170lbs P:70lbs PC: 115lbs

Wen(today) 2-9-11
S: 180lbs B: 115lbs DL: 230lbs -- so I failed the 4th rep today on Squat, on the last set

Ive seen an increase of 85 lbs in my squat in 3 weeks.
50 lbs on my bench
95 lbs on deadlift
25 on press
20 lbs on cleans

Since I failed squatting I think I'm going to start increasing only 5lbs a workout instead of 10, is this how its suppose to be :/? Everything besides deadlift is going to be increased by 5, and deadlift by 10.. does this sound good?

And am I making good progress so far :D?



I'd bet my life that on your squat you don't go down far enough.

I will post vids next time I go to the gym. Are you prepared to have your comment completely obliterated ?
Jk, but go down as low ass possible. My ass is literally touching the floor while I squat.


Wish i could hit a like button on this post.


Wish I could be that awesome and get my squat all the way down there. I don't count the rep if I don't hit parallel, but I feel like if I were to go lower I'd get stuck. Maybe if I do a major reset I'll work on that sometime.

Approaching six months of working out. Two weeks from today I'll have made it to this major milestone. All of my lifts, except bench have at least doubled. First two and a half months even though I was doing Squats, deads, bench, and barbell rows I was mostly just dicking around, didn't have a set routine on them and didn't regularly increase my weight. I also had terrible form. Been doing a real SS-type workout for 2.5 months, with a month off in the middle for final exams/gym closed on winter break (and I'm just approaching my first resets). I'm proud of the work I've put in overall, and even more proud of the progress I've made. Going to work my ass off, and attempt to eat it right back these next two weeks. At this time, I will possibly go all vain bro-mode and post progress pictures. I feel like this thread needs more of them.


Congrats! It's the first months that have most people drop off so it is good that you are still in the game

Post pics. They are awesome to have.

Today started out pretty shitty, feeling like some cough is settling in on me. Dropped some 10k IU of D and spent 3 hours just chilling from exam reading and proceeded to have a pretty awesome workout in the evening

BB BP: 5 sets of 77,5kg x 5
CGBP: 75kg x 5,5,3

Also damn Dragonflags for their inability to progress linearly.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 10 2011 22:42 GMT
#1456
What are you doing to try and ramp up to a full dragon flag? Are you doing negatives?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 10 2011 22:51 GMT
#1457
On February 11 2011 07:42 Slithe wrote:
What are you doing to try and ramp up to a full dragon flag? Are you doing negatives?


I started doing negatives and after that doing the concentric part with bent knees. Less than a week ago I was soooo close getting a full dragon flag but it was not a chance today :/
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 00:37:48
February 11 2011 00:36 GMT
#1458
You guys are right, I didn't eat enough stuff. And I fasted for too long. I didn't count the hours AFTER my last meal. I felt so sick yesterday that I couldn't even workout or do much of anything. I feel a lot better today though. I broke my fast with 4 eggs + bacon. My post workout meal consistented of 1 cup of white rice, baked chicken thigh, and 2 cups of broccoli liberally buttered. I think I average about 1700 calories these days. I'm not strength training though at the moment. I'm doing girly p90x (And only 3 times a week) exercises with a few sprints thrown in here and there until I reactivate my gym membership. Prolly for 2 months... That and my bloodwork showed that I had high uric acid... So I have to lay off the red meat for a while.

I think it would be smart to get the majority of my fats in the night time though. Usually I would drink 5 tablespoons or more of cream through out the day but I think I'll save it for my very last meal before bed. Because fasting mimics the metabolism of a person on a ketogenic diet without being necessarily low carb or no carb, I think it'd be best if I got the majority of my energy from fats in the morning time when I wake up.

I really envy these "leangainers" though. They get amazing results stuffing their faces with pizza and icecream, it's pretty ridicuolous! I don't thik I'll be doing that however. I really want optimal energy levels, and all that jazz (Though it's interesting to note that some people experienced higher energy levels going from a strict paleo diet to a stuffing your face sort of diet on leangains).

Here are two paleo guys who did use leamgains however...
http://www.thepaleopowerlifter.com/2010/08/intermittent-fasting-update.html
http://www.thepaleopowerlifter.com/2010/08/intermittent-fasting-update.html

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
February 11 2011 02:12 GMT
#1459
holy shit 1700 calories thats so low O.O no wonder u had no energy wtf. Im doing a "bulk" with IF, so i eat about 4k cals a day, during the 8hour period.

practiced some power cleans today! its so fun :D...im not sure if im using my hips enough though, and the bar goes up part way and then i have to pull it forward onto my shoulders after I land. any tips on how to correct this?

todays squat workout: 3x5 @ 190
on my last rep of the last set, my back kind of gave out and rounded on the way up :S should I do 190 again on saturday or keep moving to 195?
aka DragOn[NaS]
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 04:00:56
February 11 2011 02:46 GMT
#1460
80x2 snatch pr!! felt pretty good since I havent been doing much oly lifts. I will see the doctor again on monday to check out my elbow.

wow a friend offered me a pair nike romaleos. I felt bad and said no
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 71 72 73 74 75 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.