• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:53
CEST 09:53
KST 16:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8492 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 74

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 11 2011 05:40 GMT
#1461
Nice dimsum!
Send me them! I would love a pair lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 11 2011 06:14 GMT
#1462
its prob too small for you if it fits my feet lol. Also the new nikes prototypes are out. I heard they look like the romaleos but are lighter. So they are pretty much perfect now.lol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 11 2011 07:04 GMT
#1463
On February 11 2011 15:14 AoN.DimSum wrote:
its prob too small for you if it fits my feet lol. Also the new nikes prototypes are out. I heard they look like the romaleos but are lighter. So they are pretty much perfect now.lol


man you shoulda been all over those lol. glad to see you snatching again :D need someone to motivate me to crank my total up 48 kg :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 11 2011 07:55 GMT
#1464
On February 11 2011 09:36 Warrior Madness wrote:
You guys are right, I didn't eat enough stuff. And I fasted for too long. I didn't count the hours AFTER my last meal. I felt so sick yesterday that I couldn't even workout or do much of anything. I feel a lot better today though. I broke my fast with 4 eggs + bacon. My post workout meal consistented of 1 cup of white rice, baked chicken thigh, and 2 cups of broccoli liberally buttered. I think I average about 1700 calories these days. I'm not strength training though at the moment. I'm doing girly p90x (And only 3 times a week) exercises with a few sprints thrown in here and there until I reactivate my gym membership. Prolly for 2 months... That and my bloodwork showed that I had high uric acid... So I have to lay off the red meat for a while.

I think it would be smart to get the majority of my fats in the night time though. Usually I would drink 5 tablespoons or more of cream through out the day but I think I'll save it for my very last meal before bed. Because fasting mimics the metabolism of a person on a ketogenic diet without being necessarily low carb or no carb, I think it'd be best if I got the majority of my energy from fats in the morning time when I wake up.

I really envy these "leangainers" though. They get amazing results stuffing their faces with pizza and icecream, it's pretty ridicuolous! I don't thik I'll be doing that however. I really want optimal energy levels, and all that jazz (Though it's interesting to note that some people experienced higher energy levels going from a strict paleo diet to a stuffing your face sort of diet on leangains).

Here are two paleo guys who did use leamgains however...
http://www.thepaleopowerlifter.com/2010/08/intermittent-fasting-update.html
http://www.thepaleopowerlifter.com/2010/08/intermittent-fasting-update.html



i dunno about your weight/ body comp, can you post this? 1700kcal is pretty low, esp for someone active. it's also important to note they don't get great results stuffing their faces with pizza and icecream... at least not the pizza and icecream you think. if you check out leangain's meals sections you can see their "icecream" and their "pizzas". think those are the ones they mean
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 11 2011 10:16 GMT
#1465
Travelling for work is being an absolute cunt to my diet and workout routine.

By Tuesday night I would have been on 8 planes and 5 hotels in 10 days.

It's surprisingly hard to get the 'Warm chicken salad' or 'Steak and veggies' with the 'Godzilla burger' on the menu.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 11 2011 10:31 GMT
#1466
On February 11 2011 19:16 Energies wrote:
Travelling for work is being an absolute cunt to my diet and workout routine.

By Tuesday night I would have been on 8 planes and 5 hotels in 10 days.

It's surprisingly hard to get the 'Warm chicken salad' or 'Steak and veggies' with the 'Godzilla burger' on the menu.


Wow...what do you do?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Kenshin_915
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada139 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 11:15:56
February 11 2011 10:59 GMT
#1467
Going to post my spartan workout I just got back from (Well tough for me anyways). I decided that I'm going to cut out alot of the more isometric exercises I've been doing and focus on squats, overhead presses, deadlifts and the like. Today was my squat day and it was pretty good.

2 sets of 10 rep 52.2kg warm ups.
1 set of 60kg for 8 reps
2 sets of 70kg for 6 reps
2 sets of 80kg for 6 reps
2 sets of 70kg for 8 reps
1 set of 70kg for 8 reps
1 set of 70kg for 6 reps.

The burn was pretty good after :D My goal is in 2 or 3 months to back squat 100kg. My weight is still about 61kg. And holy shit, today I tried snatches for the first time (Just with the 20kg bar) and DAMN is the technique difficult. I was amazed at how weak my traps are. It really nails them and I was so slow. I have a new found respect and awe at 70kg women going up and snatching 150kg with such power. It's pretty humbling.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
February 11 2011 12:26 GMT
#1468
@energies: yeah what kind of job do you have that requires you to be all over the place so often?

@kenshin_915: you could reach 100kg a lot faster if you didn't do so many sets/reps. you're doing a ton of volume.

try 3x5 (3 sets of 5 reps) for your working weight. start with something like 60-65kg (you can never start too low) and work from there. i'm assuming you're at the beginner/novice level.

"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Horrde
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada302 Posts
February 11 2011 13:06 GMT
#1469
You just did 82 squat repetitions...

Like unknown.sam said, really I think you should just keep things simple. 3x5, and lift heavy. Especially if your doing 70kg and 80kg for multiple sets of 6 and 8, then 100kg is just around the corner.

And if your new.. and you weigh 61kg while doing the weight your posting, you might need to re-assess your squat technique.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 11 2011 13:07 GMT
#1470
I want weightlifting shoes.

and the red romaleos look so fucking sick .

=o!

time to save up?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 11 2011 13:28 GMT
#1471
think I pulled a muscle squatting 95 today. totally worth it though!

brb devouring a whole cow!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 11 2011 13:32 GMT
#1472
Romaleos look nice but they're expensive as shit ... I'll stick with my Ristos =].
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 11 2011 13:35 GMT
#1473
On February 11 2011 22:32 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Romaleos look nice but they're expensive as shit ... I'll stick with my Ristos =].



they're 100$ on amazon now ;o

but the size they have it's like fucking big for me lolol.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-11 13:47:43
February 11 2011 13:39 GMT
#1474
I learned last night that one of my room-mates (who used to be the rowing captain at MIT during UG) was able to DL 350 lb when he only weighed 150 lb O_O

Made me feel like a little girl

He's a pretty tall dude too, ~6'1 to 6'2
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 11 2011 14:16 GMT
#1475
On February 11 2011 22:39 Cambium wrote:
I learned last night that one of my room-mates (who used to be the rowing captain at MIT during UG) was able to DL 350 lb when he only weighed 150 lb O_O

Made me feel like a little girl

He's a pretty tall dude too, ~6'1 to 6'2


Pretty lean/skinny if he was 150lb @ 6'1" still pretty damn impressive.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 11 2011 14:30 GMT
#1476
On February 11 2011 23:16 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2011 22:39 Cambium wrote:
I learned last night that one of my room-mates (who used to be the rowing captain at MIT during UG) was able to DL 350 lb when he only weighed 150 lb O_O

Made me feel like a little girl

He's a pretty tall dude too, ~6'1 to 6'2


Pretty lean/skinny if he was 150lb @ 6'1" still pretty damn impressive.


You have to be super light otherwise the boat gets heavy

I think he mentioned that the average weight was 155 on his boat.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 11 2011 17:47 GMT
#1477
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=496556681535&set=a.496556631535.270551.179495851535&theater
or get these ristos
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 11 2011 18:53 GMT
#1478
Wow. had an amazing workout today. 75kg bench, 5x3, 75kg squat 5x5 (squat y so low?!) 107.5kg deadlift, all +2.5kg from last week. While doing bench, I noticed a asian guy by the squat racks who was using a stretch band and doing a overhead squat, so when I went over and asked to use the rack inbetween him, I asked if he did any oly lifting. Apparently he used to train the oly gym where I started but quit cause of an injury. He also happened to be from new york so we got along pretty great since I sound like an american when I speak english. I mentioned to him my overhead squat woes and flexibility issues, and he told me he could fix it in 5minutes. He seems pretty confidant but 5 minutes to fix what I've prepared to spend a month stretching to accomplish seems far fetched. 10minutes after working with him and his stretch band, bam, I nail it. LOL. guy should have become a trainer at the oly club instead of quitting.

3 things that helped me nail it
1) Getting the weight on your heels is very easy if you lift your front toe/toes slightly up when you squat
2) Ass down first, make it look like you're trying to push a door open with your ass. also going down slowly like I tried instead of just letting go and dropping made a huge difference. feet did not splice out with the combo of 1) & 2)
3) Chest out. really tense your shoulders, lock elbows, head a bit forward. inhale before you drop down.
GG
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 11 2011 19:02 GMT
#1479
Nice you got it... yeah, it's amazing what some good coaching can do although your flexibility work probably did help in the end. You do need more than what most people have.

All types of squatting are really the same... gotta push the butt back and keep the chest up with weight moreso centered on the heels. It's just doing it is soooo hard because our movement patterns are so crap
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
February 11 2011 22:25 GMT
#1480
good workout today
re-reached my SS highs on my new 5x5 weekly linear prog, hopefully shall be advancing past them next week. my main gripe with 5x5 so far is it's not as simple as SS.. go in and 3x5 a weight lol. i've taken to writing down weights/reps for now since it's a little more complicated. oh well

also i finally stopped being a pussy and started working on cleans. i think my form's coming along pretty well (calstrength helped a bunch here), although the front squat part is a little awkward since i've never done front squats before.

(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 387
Leta 286
Dewaltoss 110
sSak 63
Killer 41
Bale 34
ZergMaN 30
NotJumperer 30
Aegong 27
Shinee 14
[ Show more ]
yabsab 11
Noble 9
Sharp 1
League of Legends
JimRising 541
Reynor43
Counter-Strike
byalli0
Other Games
summit1g10567
olofmeister633
Sick196
Happy162
KnowMe24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1258
• Jankos645
• Stunt471
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 8m
Replay Cast
15h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.