• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7520 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 76

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 730 Next
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 10:44:30
February 12 2011 10:44 GMT
#1501
On February 12 2011 19:32 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 19:28 Donkeys wrote:
this was my first week of power cleans (been doing barbell rows). and i gotta say i feel like a fucking boss doing them. i think i got the form down pretty decently (still gonna check though) and it just feels great.

also, did 95kg DL today. I completed my set but my grip was really weak. even with hook grip i felt as if the weight was going to drop in the last couple of reps. any tips??


if you're holding it double overhand it may be time to switch to one overhand and one underhand grip, that helps a ton. but if you can get chalk and it helps you out, stay double overhand gripping as long as you can


i'll try switching my grip. this mexican gym is pretty shitty haha so i dont know if they'll bitch about chalk >_< hope they dont
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 12 2011 11:50 GMT
#1502
@sinep: "at the oly gym I used to workout at but quit due to injury"
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 12 2011 12:10 GMT
#1503
ah right. I was talking about the guy I met who coached me. He used to workout at the oly place I started at, but he had to stop cause of an injury. Think it was his back or something
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 12 2011 12:38 GMT
#1504
On February 12 2011 19:44 Donkeys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 19:32 Sinep wrote:
On February 12 2011 19:28 Donkeys wrote:
this was my first week of power cleans (been doing barbell rows). and i gotta say i feel like a fucking boss doing them. i think i got the form down pretty decently (still gonna check though) and it just feels great.

also, did 95kg DL today. I completed my set but my grip was really weak. even with hook grip i felt as if the weight was going to drop in the last couple of reps. any tips??


if you're holding it double overhand it may be time to switch to one overhand and one underhand grip, that helps a ton. but if you can get chalk and it helps you out, stay double overhand gripping as long as you can


i'll try switching my grip. this mexican gym is pretty shitty haha so i dont know if they'll bitch about chalk >_< hope they dont


As long as you aren't coating the walls and floors with it you'll prolly be fine
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 12:52:00
February 12 2011 12:51 GMT
#1505
Hmm, feeling a bit crummy today. I woke up with a stuffed throat/nose and now my energy levels aren't great. If I'm still feeling a bit bad tomorrow I'll skip my workout to get better faster.

I took 20,000 IU of vitamin D3 right now so hopefully that helps. I'll also get into bed right away to get a solid 9+ hours of sleep.

Strange.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 12 2011 14:59 GMT
#1506
For everyone of you spending saturdays eating and deadlifting:

"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 12 2011 15:05 GMT
#1507
On February 12 2011 15:19 Froadac wrote:
I come in quest of stretching help.

I've been doing various arm exercises, running ,etc.Feeling much stronger...

BUT

I am stiffer than concrete man. I can't sit down on the ground with my legs extended straight, and me sitting at a 90 degree angle. It's really bad. Any general advice for stretching my back and legs and arms? Any good stretches?


All of the regular stretches for hamstrings are fine that you would've done in elementary school. Can just google image those.

Do some PNF stretching instead though... tends to work better
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 12 2011 20:47 GMT
#1508
On February 12 2011 23:59 sJarl wrote:
For everyone of you spending saturdays eating and deadlifting:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yOKvq9MkKA&feature=related


wouldnt wanna meet that guy in a dark alley ^^ scary
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 21:24:13
February 12 2011 21:22 GMT
#1509
about my workout on friday:

3x5 85kg Squat. (felt so light I had to do 1x5 with 102kg :$!)
5x3 power clean with 62kg (like a motherfucking boss, it's getting harder to low the bar tho .)
3x5 Cleans with 45kg (moving up frmo previous sessions of 40 to get the form right).

after that, had a nice 2 arepas with cheese and water for dinner. and then spent the night being happy as fuck. (you guys can get the idea right? ;D).

<3

edit: the guy in that video is omg. I loved the way he was raging before doing the rep lol

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 12 2011 21:46 GMT
#1510
I'm back from my vacation! Sup?

I'm so weak now ;_;
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
February 13 2011 00:05 GMT
#1511
Wtf viking berserker deadlifting hahaha! :D
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 13 2011 00:11 GMT
#1512
Two stories for y'all

I had a dream where a chick felt my man-pecs for some reason and she was like "I don't feel any fat." I woke up and was like
[image loading]


Second story. Was at the gym today. Saw some hot redhead chick (I'm really into the gingers man lol) and caught her staring. three times. Tried to smile at her the last time because it was right before I was leaving, but she turned away too fast.

Damn I love lifting lol
Oh and I checked out some of the stretches and I'm gonna start incorporating them next week :D
Victory Loves Preparation
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 13 2011 00:51 GMT
#1513
haha dude, nice I love those moments.

Similar story I guess, I left the gym after a shoulder workout and spin class the other day, stopped at the supermarket on the way home, I'm wearing a tank top and tracksuit pants, still have a pump from the gym and still kind of sweaty. I walked up to the cashier holding a 30 pack of Pepsi max in one hand a basket of food in the other, both were heavy so my arms had tensed, lets be honest, I looked like I had just done a set of curls. Two girls at the cashier both looked at me and started talking at the same time. " oh hi ther.." realised they were talking at the same time and both stopped and blushed, tried talking again and same thing happened, "how are yo.." I lost it, I just started laughing and said "hi girls =D"
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 02:58:10
February 13 2011 01:37 GMT
#1514
Is it normal to have less severe side effects from drinking fat free milk? When I drink whole milk or up to 2% milk I usually have problems after but after drinking half and half and fat free milk it doesn't seem to be as bad. Is it because fat free milk is mostly water so there isn't as much lactose in the milk? Same can be asked for half and half which is half cream and half milk.

Also just to tell you I already know that I shouldn't drink fat free milk. Its just the cases where I drank it I found I didn't have as much side effects.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 05:20:18
February 13 2011 02:40 GMT
#1515
Bout to go to the gym. Hard core ATG squats, ass probably not even an inch from the groud. YALL READY FOR TEH VIDS?!?! I'll upload vids of my Press and Cleans also for some form critiquing :D

Squats are done..


Tell me what ya think TL =D
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 09:34:35
February 13 2011 09:33 GMT
#1516
On February 13 2011 10:37 Ilikestarcraft wrote:
Is it normal to have less severe side effects from drinking fat free milk? When I drink whole milk or up to 2% milk I usually have problems after but after drinking half and half and fat free milk it doesn't seem to be as bad. Is it because fat free milk is mostly water so there isn't as much lactose in the milk? Same can be asked for half and half which is half cream and half milk.

Also just to tell you I already know that I shouldn't drink fat free milk. Its just the cases where I drank it I found I didn't have as much side effects.


I don't know anything about your problem, but don't be so fast to throw away skim milk (fat free milk).
The studies in which eshlow bases his whole milk is healthier than skim milk idea is from studies that say population drinking whole milk were healthier than those who didn't. There was no comparison between whole and skim milk.

I'm not arguing that whole milk isn't healthy. It's a fantastic source of everything if the cows are fed and treated well, and the whole milk will provide a healthy fat source. However, if you're looking to get lean, you should know that liquid fat is the macro nutrient and form most likely to be converted to bodyfat.
I'm leaning out so I don't touch whole milk anymore, I only drink skim milk and in moderation on workout days.
There is nothing wrong with fat free milk imo, it's just dependant on what your goals are.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 13 2011 10:21 GMT
#1517
On February 13 2011 05:47 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2011 23:59 sJarl wrote:
For everyone of you spending saturdays eating and deadlifting:

+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yOKvq9MkKA&feature=related


wouldnt wanna meet that guy in a dark alley ^^ scary


He is the nicest guy you'd ever meet. If you were lost in a dark alley he would hold your hand and guide you out

@Catch: lol

@Alexon: Great squats. Now get those numbers up!

Some more deadlifting by Benni :D

"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 13 2011 10:24 GMT
#1518
@SJarl.
I wish my gym played iron maiden
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 13 2011 11:06 GMT
#1519
On February 13 2011 19:24 Sinep wrote:
@SJarl.
I wish my gym played iron maiden


In my gym you play whatever you like to hear. Dimmu Borgir usually makes for a good session
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 13 2011 18:07 GMT
#1520
I just picture a bunch of norse gods walking around doing awesome things at sjarls icelandic gym.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.