• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9482 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 78

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 730 Next
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
February 14 2011 04:43 GMT
#1541
So, i went to the gym today for the first time. I was supposed to go last week but ran into issues and couldnt go all week. But good news! (and bad news lol)

First work out was decent. Out of the 3 (squats bench deadlift), i could use improvement on squat form. Most of the problems i have is with actually squatting down, my heels bend up due to short hamstrings. This causes me problems with over working my quads and not enough hamstring movement. Any particular stretches i should look at to help out with this. I did 45x5x2, 65x5x1, 85x5x1, 95x5x1 miss on rep 4, so i went back to 85x5x3 for my work set.

Benches and Deadlifts seemed fine, went to 65x5x3 on bench (i know weak!) and 115x5x1 for deadlift. My form for those seemed ok, except i might of been too close to the rungs on the bench press as i hit them once in all of my warm ups + work sets. That seems to be an easy fix though.

A guy next to me was doing barbell rows and i got into a small talk with him (he had a notebook writing all his stuff down, so i figured he was dedicated =P). He said for my squats (my heels came up on some reps and he said he noticed my feet were a little bit wide for my stance (i think they might of been, was little more than shoulder length and about 30-35 degrees away)). He suggested to point my toes a little more forward so that when i squat down my toes will naturally push away from center. Good/bad idea? Any particular stretches/tips to keep that from happening? I wrote down toes up to try to keep my heels down, and sit down so i could try to think of it more as sitting in a chair them moving the bar straight down.
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
February 14 2011 05:09 GMT
#1542
This is a great exercise for helping with your squat flexibility: http://bcove.me/9pgk7ncu

Just do that every day and you should be rocking squats in a few weeks.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
February 14 2011 05:23 GMT
#1543
your toes should be facing the same direction at all times during the squat. (parallel to your knees) Lifting your toes can let you know what position you need to be in, but it isnt part of proper squat form. The squat stretch posted by shadowdrgn above is pretty much all you need, I use it all the time
aka DragOn[NaS]
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 05:46:20
February 14 2011 05:44 GMT
#1544
Had a confidence x10² experience yesterday.

I took my shirt off in front of my girlfriend for the first time and she looked at my arms and pretty much gasped. Then I laughed and she asked if she could touch them. "Yeah, go ahead." After that I showed her how I can bounce my pecs up and down and she looked like she was about to orgasm by that alone.

Still have love handles though ;_;.
Snipemare
Profile Joined December 2010
United States20 Posts
February 14 2011 06:02 GMT
#1545
Just something I feel needs to be done... I see at least 50% of people doing triceps completely wrong and I bet that is true for some of the people on this thread. Check out this video



Time: 2:10 to 2:15 and 5:10 to 5:30 he gives 2 pieces of advice that are crucial to tricep workouts.
If you stand fro nothing, you will fall for anything.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 14 2011 06:04 GMT
#1546
Haha don't worry so do I.
I love how the longer this thread goes on and more people get on the starting strength train, the more"fuck yeah" moment stories there are
Bruised my knee at practice, swollen so much my tear drop muscle is hidden lol. hopefully I will be fine for working out tomorrow
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 14 2011 06:06 GMT
#1547
On February 14 2011 15:02 Snipemare wrote:
Just something I feel needs to be done... I see at least 50% of people doing triceps completely wrong and I bet that is true for some of the people on this thread. Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXICnzp1mD8

Time: 2:10 to 2:15 and 5:10 to 5:30 he gives 2 pieces of advice that are crucial to tricep workouts.


I don't know if you've been around here long but I don't think anybody in this thread is doing a bodybuilding split...
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
February 14 2011 06:07 GMT
#1548
He makes some hilarious sounds but he sure is giving it 110% LOL.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 14 2011 06:57 GMT
#1549
On February 14 2011 15:02 Snipemare wrote:
Just something I feel needs to be done... I see at least 50% of people doing triceps completely wrong and I bet that is true for some of the people on this thread. Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXICnzp1mD8

Time: 2:10 to 2:15 and 5:10 to 5:30 he gives 2 pieces of advice that are crucial to tricep workouts.


Thanks brah. My triceps are about to be out of control yo.

But really, thats probably not true for 90% of people in this thread as most people aren't in bodybuilding routines here and shouldn't be doing a whole lot of tricep extensions ^_^
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 14 2011 07:26 GMT
#1550
On February 14 2011 15:57 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 15:02 Snipemare wrote:
Just something I feel needs to be done... I see at least 50% of people doing triceps completely wrong and I bet that is true for some of the people on this thread. Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXICnzp1mD8

Time: 2:10 to 2:15 and 5:10 to 5:30 he gives 2 pieces of advice that are crucial to tricep workouts.


Thanks brah. My triceps are about to be out of control yo.

But really, thats probably not true for 90% of people in this thread as most people aren't in bodybuilding routines here and shouldn't be doing a whole lot of tricep extensions ^_^


Not entirely true.

I am doing a power routine based on squat dead bench press (when my hands aren't fucked for the last two), and working into oly lifting, but I can still find time on a friday night before the bar to hit up some tris


No bicep curls though. Never.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 14 2011 07:34 GMT
#1551
On February 14 2011 16:26 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 15:57 decafchicken wrote:
On February 14 2011 15:02 Snipemare wrote:
Just something I feel needs to be done... I see at least 50% of people doing triceps completely wrong and I bet that is true for some of the people on this thread. Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXICnzp1mD8

Time: 2:10 to 2:15 and 5:10 to 5:30 he gives 2 pieces of advice that are crucial to tricep workouts.


Thanks brah. My triceps are about to be out of control yo.

But really, thats probably not true for 90% of people in this thread as most people aren't in bodybuilding routines here and shouldn't be doing a whole lot of tricep extensions ^_^


Not entirely true.

I am doing a power routine based on squat dead bench press (when my hands aren't fucked for the last two), and working into oly lifting, but I can still find time on a friday night before the bar to hit up some tris


No bicep curls though. Never.


Haha i said 90% not 100% I know sjarl likes to do some isolation shit, but its cool cause he's chasing down my TL deadlift record (only cause dimsum hasn't maxed out his deadlift) at the same time ^_^

Time for some RICE in my life. Also, oly lifts have kept me in surprising shape. was able to play a lot of basketball straight and hardly felt tired during my rugby 7s scrimmage.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 14 2011 09:24 GMT
#1552
On February 14 2011 08:17 AoN.DimSum wrote:
yeah cal strength have awesome videos.

I would really recommend a coach if you want to do oly lifts. In usa, there is a list of places:http://weightlifting.teamusa.org/club-lwc-local-info/find-a-club

I dont know how to find gyms in other countries though

Plus you will also do regular lifts to supplement the oly lifts. You will always do back and front squats and pulls. Deadlifts are used in some programs. Bench,presses, pullups, and other stuff can always be done after the workout.

If you really want to learn oly lifts, I would suggest you learn as early as possible. It takes more time to learn than anything else.


yeah if I start doing olympic lifts I will deffo get a coach. this shit looks too complicated to learn by myself I'm playing around with the idea to look for an oly lifting club in the summer. by then I should have completed SS
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 14 2011 10:35 GMT
#1553
On February 14 2011 16:34 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 16:26 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On February 14 2011 15:57 decafchicken wrote:
On February 14 2011 15:02 Snipemare wrote:
Just something I feel needs to be done... I see at least 50% of people doing triceps completely wrong and I bet that is true for some of the people on this thread. Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXICnzp1mD8

Time: 2:10 to 2:15 and 5:10 to 5:30 he gives 2 pieces of advice that are crucial to tricep workouts.


Thanks brah. My triceps are about to be out of control yo.

But really, thats probably not true for 90% of people in this thread as most people aren't in bodybuilding routines here and shouldn't be doing a whole lot of tricep extensions ^_^


Not entirely true.

I am doing a power routine based on squat dead bench press (when my hands aren't fucked for the last two), and working into oly lifting, but I can still find time on a friday night before the bar to hit up some tris


No bicep curls though. Never.


Haha i said 90% not 100% I know sjarl likes to do some isolation shit, but its cool cause he's chasing down my TL deadlift record (only cause dimsum hasn't maxed out his deadlift) at the same time ^_^

Time for some RICE in my life. Also, oly lifts have kept me in surprising shape. was able to play a lot of basketball straight and hardly felt tired during my rugby 7s scrimmage.


I do some isolation stuff aka bicep curlz when I can be assed to. And if you have time to do a specific triceps day you can always reduce it a little and add biceps.

My arm size is still not good enough :/

And what is the TL deadlift record btw? Since I'm starting Coan-Philippi next weekend I might aswell kick it up a notch
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
February 14 2011 13:21 GMT
#1554
i think it was something like 455?
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 14 2011 13:44 GMT
#1555
On February 14 2011 14:44 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Had a confidence x10² experience yesterday.

I took my shirt off in front of my girlfriend for the first time and she looked at my arms and pretty much gasped. Then I laughed and she asked if she could touch them. "Yeah, go ahead." After that I showed her how I can bounce my pecs up and down and she looked like she was about to orgasm by that alone.

Still have love handles though ;_;.


Oh man, this fucking rules. It feels so awesome for someone to notice how fucking insane workouts pay off. I've been on this "train" for like the last 2-3 weeks and I love it. She just simply says "I just can't enough of you". congrats rosa. :D

On February 14 2011 15:04 decafchicken wrote:
Haha don't worry so do I.
I love how the longer this thread goes on and more people get on the starting strength train, the more"fuck yeah" moment stories there are
Bruised my knee at practice, swollen so much my tear drop muscle is hidden lol. hopefully I will be fine for working out tomorrow


YEAH THE MADNESS TRAIN CHU CHUUUUU WE IS LEAVING!!!!!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 14 2011 13:56 GMT
#1556
Fucking bus got cancelled this morning.

But instead of sleeping in, I'm gonna fucking walk 3 miles in the snow then hit the GYM.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 14:05:24
February 14 2011 14:03 GMT
#1557
i have been eating like crap for a while, time to stick to my diet again and start doing cardio 5x a week...

some background...
currently ~195-200lbs, 5'11'' 19yrs
been lifting for about 4 yrs, i do one major muscle group/wk day.
never really max since i lift alone, but current 1rm i would assume: 260 bench(245x5), 300 squat(245x8), 365(315x5) dead. yea im pretty weak for lifting 4 yrs, but i have low test (yes got tested) .

gotta get this flab out...never had a 6 pack, closest i got was a feint 4 when i was 175lbs (but way weaker lol). wanna keep the strength this time!
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 14 2011 14:33 GMT
#1558
On February 14 2011 22:21 unknown.sam wrote:
i think it was something like 455?

485 good sir as of the end of last august
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 14 2011 14:35 GMT
#1559
The atomic bomb was the result of decaf squatting infinity at the speed of light.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 14 2011 14:42 GMT
#1560
On February 14 2011 23:03 Silidons wrote:
i have been eating like crap for a while, time to stick to my diet again and start doing cardio 5x a week...

some background...
currently ~195-200lbs, 5'11'' 19yrs
been lifting for about 4 yrs, i do one major muscle group/wk day.
never really max since i lift alone, but current 1rm i would assume: 260 bench(245x5), 300 squat(245x8), 365(315x5) dead. yea im pretty weak for lifting 4 yrs, but i have low test (yes got tested) .

gotta get this flab out...never had a 6 pack, closest i got was a feint 4 when i was 175lbs (but way weaker lol). wanna keep the strength this time!


Shame about the low test. Is it so low that you have to start t-replacement therapy? If it is just on the lower end of the scale there are ways to bump it up a little. And I'm not talking about taking tribulus or shit like that.

@Decaf: My Coan-Philipi routine will place me at 485 (or 220kg) but then I'll prolly add a little more just to beat you
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 33m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.