• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 80

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 730 Next
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 15 2011 12:25 GMT
#1581
@decaf. I walked by the rugby sign ups for my uni yesterday. Almost signed up just so I could come at your ass.

I dont even know if we have an official team to be honest lol
Victory Loves Preparation
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 15 2011 12:40 GMT
#1582
On February 15 2011 20:52 Necosarius wrote:
First workout today in almost three weeks! Things are gonna get ugly...



you need to catch up.

yesterday, 125kg deadLift! :D

GOGO RACE :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
February 15 2011 13:10 GMT
#1583
Sure thing Will start out with squat, press and power clean. I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to do some power cleaning instead of deadlifting :o
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 15 2011 13:40 GMT
#1584
On February 15 2011 19:25 Slithe wrote:
We have so much discussion about the exercise part of health and fitness, but I think we could do with a little more variety when it comes to the food discussion. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot stand eating the same thing day in and day out.

As much as I like my beef steaks (rib eye especially), I decided to change the pace with an entirely different kind of steak.

Calamari Steak Piccata

Ingredients:
Calamari Steak
Flour
Butter
Capers
Lemon
White Wine
Seasoning (e.g. salt+pepper)

Directions:
Create a seasoned flour mixture. I used a mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Coat steaks with flour.
Heat pan to medium high, add butter.
Once butter is melted, add steak to the pan.
Cook until browned on the bottom (1 min?). Flip over and repeat.
Add capers, lemon juice, and white wine to the pan. Reduce.
Add a little more butter to finish the sauce.


For those who want to be strictly paleo, you can omit the flour, but it helps to give the steak a nice crust and good color.


How do you keep the batter from falling off of the calamari? Or does it just stick on by default?
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
February 15 2011 14:19 GMT
#1585
My first post in this thread, nice to see an awesome fitness initiative here on TL! Here's my stats, it'll be awesome to track my progress with you guys, whenever I try to tell people about getting stronger they just look at me weird :D

Height: 181.5 cm (6')
Weight: 60~kg
BF%: The scales say 5% but I'm not sure I believe them...

My 1RM's from the start of January:
OHP: 35kg (my worst lift, I'm soooooooo terrible at it)
BP: 50kg
SQ: 80kg (was 85kg at the start of december but I kinda took a month off for no reason...)
DL: 95kg (I got sooooo damn close to locking out 100kg but I just couldn't get there. I have no doubt if I tried for it again I would get it)
Power Clean: 50kg

I've always been a really skinny guy, my metabolism is out of control. I was 55~kg when I started working out about 3/4 of the way through last year (started with 5/3/1 because that's what my housemate was doing, doing stronglifts 5x5 since october or so) and have been having a really hard time putting on weight. Recently I've been gaining a bit thanks to a large increase in meals and diet (I used to eat a LOT and but still couldn't put weight on, I find it so hard to choke down the extra food I need to gain weight) Hopefully I can get myself some maltodextrin to go with my protein to help with getting enough calories.

Since I took december off because of lack of time and general lack of motivation, I restarted the SL 5x5 program starting with 60% of my 1rms for each exercise, and I'm squatting heavier weights than I ever have before. I was wondering why my squats were so goddamn hard to get through when I realised 3 or so workouts into the program I've surpassed where I was when I stopped working out. I squatted 70kg 5x5 yesterday and despite the worst DOMS I've ever had in my glutes I feel so ecstatic that I made it. Squats are as much a battle with your mind as they are with your body, on the 5th rep of each set I was sure I would fail, I felt like I was stuck on the way up but I kept pushing and made it up. More proud of myself than I ever have been. Lifting weights is so rewarding, wish I'd started doing it so much earlier.
u gotta sk8
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 15:03:23
February 15 2011 14:43 GMT
#1586
welcome to the madhouse! make sure you eat a ton of meat and vegetables, drink lots of whole milk (with choco post workout!) and stay away from grains/legumes. you will be a beast in no time!

edit: I totally feel you on the squat fight since I've reached 90kg on my squat (doing SS) I have to bust a nut every time to finish that 3x5, but when you get through it and actually pack more weight on the iron next time, the feeling is just AWESOME!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
February 15 2011 15:06 GMT
#1587
Lifted for the first time today in 6 months (interesting 6 months it's been...), thought my hamstrings were going to explode while squatting lol.

Good to be back tho.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
February 15 2011 16:56 GMT
#1588
hi haji :>
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 17:00:12
February 15 2011 16:59 GMT
#1589
On February 15 2011 22:10 Necosarius wrote:
Sure thing Will start out with squat, press and power clean. I don't know why, but I'm really looking forward to do some power cleaning instead of deadlifting :o


Me too! hahaha, I love to powerClean. I used to be shit at it, but man, does it rule to feel like fucking empowered :D. I also hated Deadlifting, and now I completely drool for it .

welcome back haji, and welcome nataziel.

Just remember kids, everytime you lift heavy shit, you are entitled to feel...
[image loading]

nuff said.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 15 2011 17:23 GMT
#1590
On February 16 2011 00:06 thedeadhaji wrote:
Lifted for the first time today in 6 months (interesting 6 months it's been...), thought my hamstrings were going to explode while squatting lol.

Good to be back tho.


welcome back ^^

haha the SS wiki is just so funny sometimes :D just read this:

I've seen pictures of Mark Rippetoe. Why would I take nutritional advice from a guy who looks like that?

Because he turns skinny kids into frothing beasts.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 15 2011 19:01 GMT
#1591
On February 15 2011 22:40 Cambium wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2011 19:25 Slithe wrote:
We have so much discussion about the exercise part of health and fitness, but I think we could do with a little more variety when it comes to the food discussion. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot stand eating the same thing day in and day out.

As much as I like my beef steaks (rib eye especially), I decided to change the pace with an entirely different kind of steak.

Calamari Steak Piccata

Ingredients:
Calamari Steak
Flour
Butter
Capers
Lemon
White Wine
Seasoning (e.g. salt+pepper)

Directions:
Create a seasoned flour mixture. I used a mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Coat steaks with flour.
Heat pan to medium high, add butter.
Once butter is melted, add steak to the pan.
Cook until browned on the bottom (1 min?). Flip over and repeat.
Add capers, lemon juice, and white wine to the pan. Reduce.
Add a little more butter to finish the sauce.


For those who want to be strictly paleo, you can omit the flour, but it helps to give the steak a nice crust and good color.


How do you keep the batter from falling off of the calamari? Or does it just stick on by default?


The moisture of the calamari steak is enough to keep the flour sticking.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 15 2011 19:07 GMT
#1592
On February 15 2011 19:25 Slithe wrote:
We have so much discussion about the exercise part of health and fitness, but I think we could do with a little more variety when it comes to the food discussion. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot stand eating the same thing day in and day out.

As much as I like my beef steaks (rib eye especially), I decided to change the pace with an entirely different kind of steak.

Calamari Steak Piccata
+ Show Spoiler +

Ingredients:
Calamari Steak
Flour
Butter
Capers
Lemon
White Wine
Seasoning (e.g. salt+pepper)

Directions:
Create a seasoned flour mixture. I used a mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Coat steaks with flour.
Heat pan to medium high, add butter.
Once butter is melted, add steak to the pan.
Cook until browned on the bottom (1 min?). Flip over and repeat.
Add capers, lemon juice, and white wine to the pan. Reduce.
Add a little more butter to finish the sauce.


For those who want to be strictly paleo, you can omit the flour, but it helps to give the steak a nice crust and good color.


Things out of my budget: Calamari steak
I'm pretty sure i have a rice + egg + bbq + beef or chicken like 5 nights a week and a bacon omelette 7 days a week. Havent gotten tired of it yet!

On February 15 2011 19:27 unknown.sam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 23:33 decafchicken wrote:
On February 14 2011 22:21 unknown.sam wrote:
i think it was something like 455?

485 good sir as of the end of last august

woah that's sick...500 lbs gogogo!


Yeah, had to stop deadlifting heavy to make it through rugby season without dying, and i havent pulled above 300 since then. I'm sure it went up though from oly lifting I'll try to throw down 500+ the week before spring break (wtf thats next week O_O)

On February 15 2011 19:30 Energies wrote:
Can't. Stop. Drinking..


i cant bring myself to drink more than a couple days a week, murders my workouts the next day so i try to stick to the weekends.

On February 15 2011 21:25 Catch wrote:
@decaf. I walked by the rugby sign ups for my uni yesterday. Almost signed up just so I could come at your ass.

I dont even know if we have an official team to be honest lol


All competitors welcome ^_^ And i'm pretty sure almost every d2 and d1 college in the country has a club one, if not a local mens team.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
frawress
Profile Joined February 2011
United States22 Posts
February 15 2011 19:37 GMT
#1593
Attempted to squat for the first time yesterday morning but I had to use lower weight barbells because 45lbs was too heavy and I almost lost my balance just before completing a full squat. Can't walk today at all, quads/hams sore -_-. Form needs tons of work so attempt #2 tomorrow.

Also worked on bench press form. That should improve quickly and I can get back to adding weight.

Still working on the nutrition part, finished up my skim milk and bought some whole milk.

NEED MOAR CALORIES!
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
February 15 2011 20:33 GMT
#1594
Accidentally closed the tab on the TL community so it looks like I missed out on this awesome thread!

sawedust
Age: 23 || Height: 5'6" / 167cm || Weight: 125lbs / 56.7kg
Starting Date: 02/01/11 || Goal Date: 03/30/11

Weight goals --
All my life I've been a hardgainer, so putting on weight and mass has always been tough for me. I hope to put on 15 pounds to make it to 140 within the next two months, with an eventual build up to 155 pounds by the end of the year.

Training goals --
Current stats, estimated one rep max
BENCH: 155 lbs
SQUAT: 155 lbs
DEADLIFT: 195 lbs

Goals, by end of March
BENCH: 175 LBS
SQUAT: 185 LBS
DEADLIFT: 225 LBS

Goals, by end of the year
BENCH: 205 LBS
SQUAT: 225 LBS
DEADLIFT: 275 LBS

Nutrition goals --
Just want to make sure I'm constantly eating all day and keeping up with my meals. As a hardgainer I find that I always need to be eating because my metabolism just shoots through the roof. I usually aim for about 3000 calories a day.

Misc goals --
To not be the lightweight at the gym I frequent! But even if I am look-wise, that won't be the case strength-wise if I start hitting all my goals.

Good luck to all!
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 15 2011 21:42 GMT
#1595
@sawedust
I eat 3000kcal in one meal.

the easiest way to pack in extra calories is whole milk. drink a few liters a day and i guarentee you your weight will shoot up. ideally, you should find the calorie intake that gives you a weight gain of half a pound to a pound a week. that way you can be more sure that your weight gain is muscle and not fat.
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
February 15 2011 22:20 GMT
#1596
I don't really have the discipline (yet) to count calories and get my diet in order enough to know exactly how much I eat everyday but goddamn it feels like a lot. Though compared to some of the meals I see lifters eating in documentaries it definitely could go up... Since I started putting on weight I've felt myself putting on fat, and for someone who's been a skinny turd all his life it's very weird, I DUN WANNA GET FAT ((((
u gotta sk8
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 15 2011 22:53 GMT
#1597
On February 16 2011 07:20 nataziel wrote:
I don't really have the discipline (yet) to count calories and get my diet in order enough to know exactly how much I eat everyday but goddamn it feels like a lot. Though compared to some of the meals I see lifters eating in documentaries it definitely could go up... Since I started putting on weight I've felt myself putting on fat, and for someone who's been a skinny turd all his life it's very weird, I DUN WANNA GET FAT ((((


are you doing SS or any other weightlifting program?
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
February 15 2011 23:00 GMT
#1598
On February 16 2011 07:53 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2011 07:20 nataziel wrote:
I don't really have the discipline (yet) to count calories and get my diet in order enough to know exactly how much I eat everyday but goddamn it feels like a lot. Though compared to some of the meals I see lifters eating in documentaries it definitely could go up... Since I started putting on weight I've felt myself putting on fat, and for someone who's been a skinny turd all his life it's very weird, I DUN WANNA GET FAT ((((


are you doing SS or any other weightlifting program?


I'm doing SL 5x5. It just feels weird for me to be anything other than wasting away skinny
u gotta sk8
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-15 23:03:23
February 15 2011 23:02 GMT
#1599
On February 16 2011 07:20 nataziel wrote:
I don't really have the discipline (yet) to count calories and get my diet in order enough to know exactly how much I eat everyday but goddamn it feels like a lot. Though compared to some of the meals I see lifters eating in documentaries it definitely could go up... Since I started putting on weight I've felt myself putting on fat, and for someone who's been a skinny turd all his life it's very weird, I DUN WANNA GET FAT ((((


If you have a smartphone, download "myfitnesspal" - It's an app that has the caloric amounts of most foods programmed in, so you just search for a food, enter your serving size, and voila. Calories counted. It'll even calculate (roughly) based on activity level, height and weight, how many calories a day you need to gain, lose, or stay the same. Calling yourself a "hardgainer" is an excuse. All through growing up I told myself I just had a fast metabolism - the truth was, I wasn't eating. Started getting 3 -> 4 solid meals a day and then drinking whole milk on top of that; gaining weight is ezpz when you're doing it right.

Failed my squats today on the last rep - 5/5/4 @ 205. Decided I wanted to be more awesome and went at least an inch below parallel on every one, just got stuck on the last one. I was SO CLOSE to putting it back up. =(. Still, feels good to know that I put 205 on that bar. Not too many guys here can say that. Not many guys here squat, but that's not the point =p. Also got my workout buddy to hit a full plate today, that was awesome. He started almost exactly a month ago barely able to squat the bar. He didn't say much about it, but when I brought it up you could tell he was pumped. Proud of that guy.

Think I'll just do 205 and try for 5x5 next time I hit the gym.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 15 2011 23:17 GMT
#1600
Hey guys my blood pressure is a bit on the high side. Should I be worried? In December it was 130/70 and yesterday it was 130/82. Could stress and lack and sleep be the cause? I eat relatively healthy right now so I doubt that is the problem.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.