• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8186 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 644

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 642 643 644 645 646 730 Next
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
October 17 2011 15:40 GMT
#12861
On October 17 2011 04:41 Release wrote:
Over the past few days, i've realized that i always need to pee almost exactly 4 hours after i eat. It fluctuate by half an hour or so depending on how much i eat but it's still incredibly weird.
Any of you heard of this?

I've never noticed it specifically with eating. If I drink a lot of water though it will take approx 3 hours before I have to pee though.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 17 2011 16:09 GMT
#12862
HELL YEAH hit my goals again today despite less sleep.

Today's workout:

87.5kg squat 5-5-5
43.75kg OHP 5-5-5
60kg PowerClean 3-3-3-3-3
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
October 17 2011 17:12 GMT
#12863
I hit 90 kg squat today!! My form left me wanting more however

90 kg squat
OHP 47.5
DL 95.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-17 18:48:19
October 17 2011 18:44 GMT
#12864
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 17 2011 18:56 GMT
#12865
On October 18 2011 03:44 phyre112 wrote:
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.


def just undereating. might be that your rest periods aren't long enough. you also might look into having some workout nutrition, some fast carbs and protein / bcca.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 17 2011 19:18 GMT
#12866
On October 18 2011 03:56 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 03:44 phyre112 wrote:
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.


def just undereating. might be that your rest periods aren't long enough. you also might look into having some workout nutrition, some fast carbs and protein / bcca.


That's what I previously thought - but I've had almost a full week away from the gym and only two rugby practices, good sleep, and I'm getting between 3k and 3.5k (which should be enough to maintain, but not put on weight) calories each day. I was taking BCAAs over the summer, but I didn't feel they were doing anything for me... Maybe I'll try that again and see if it helps.

I'll also have to up the calorie count to 4k? Ulp, I don't think I can do that eating just two meals per day especially since I'm out of milk right now =(.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 17 2011 19:30 GMT
#12867
On October 18 2011 03:44 phyre112 wrote:
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.

Hey, you're taller than me but we are squatting about the same (107kg at 79kg bw) and I find that doing 5x5 is definitely too much but 3x5 is ok if I got enough sleep & ate enough since my last workout. Training fasted also seems to hurt my stamina a bit so I've been making sure to eat something small 1-2 hours beforehand.
Official Entusman #21
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 17 2011 21:53 GMT
#12868
Snatched 100kg today. I have no idea how. I couldnt even ride a bike earlier today
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
October 17 2011 21:56 GMT
#12869
sick brag for 13000 imo.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 17 2011 22:00 GMT
#12870
On October 18 2011 04:18 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 03:56 sJarl wrote:
On October 18 2011 03:44 phyre112 wrote:
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.


def just undereating. might be that your rest periods aren't long enough. you also might look into having some workout nutrition, some fast carbs and protein / bcca.


That's what I previously thought - but I've had almost a full week away from the gym and only two rugby practices, good sleep, and I'm getting between 3k and 3.5k (which should be enough to maintain, but not put on weight) calories each day. I was taking BCAAs over the summer, but I didn't feel they were doing anything for me... Maybe I'll try that again and see if it helps.

I'll also have to up the calorie count to 4k? Ulp, I don't think I can do that eating just two meals per day especially since I'm out of milk right now =(.


I really don't know then. Warmup good? Mobility stuff good? Just having a tin of coke really helps me through workouts

@Decaf: lol, you still continue to entertain us :D

Not the best of days today, slept only 1.5 hours last night, zombied through the morning lectures but a half an hour power nap in the lunch time made the lab classes good. Took a small nap when I came home from school (about 5pm ish).

Workout was good, squatted 165kg x 5.

Doesn't really make sense...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Autofire2
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Pakistan290 Posts
October 17 2011 22:41 GMT
#12871
Hey guys! Quick Q: about a couple weeks back I started following SS (no alterations to the program) and went fairly paleo in my diet. Feels good. But if I'm eating at a deficit (mostly protein) because I want to lose my damn love handles, will I still put on muscle by releasing energy from fat cells?

I'm not chubby or anything but I definitely have excess body fat (telltale "tire" around my midsection when I sit, esp. with my shirt off)
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
October 17 2011 22:50 GMT
#12872
When eating a deficit it's usually a better idea to keep the protein and decrease fat/carbohydrate consumption.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
October 17 2011 23:07 GMT
#12873
On October 18 2011 07:41 Autofire2 wrote:
Hey guys! Quick Q: about a couple weeks back I started following SS (no alterations to the program) and went fairly paleo in my diet. Feels good. But if I'm eating at a deficit (mostly protein) because I want to lose my damn love handles, will I still put on muscle by releasing energy from fat cells?

I'm not chubby or anything but I definitely have excess body fat (telltale "tire" around my midsection when I sit, esp. with my shirt off)


protein is the last thing you want to cut back on, cut down on carbs as much as possible in order for your body to burn fat (if your body lacks carbs it will use the stored bodyfat as energy)
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
October 17 2011 23:16 GMT
#12874
he says he's eating at a deficit by eating mostly protein.

it's possible to add muscle in a deficit but it depends on a lot of things. if you have enough bodyfat or are just starting out this could be possible, it also depends on how much of a deficit it is.
Autofire2
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Pakistan290 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-17 23:22:47
October 17 2011 23:19 GMT
#12875
On October 18 2011 08:16 Sinep wrote:
he says he's eating at a deficit by eating mostly protein.




Something odd about that? (not giving you attitude, but im not sure what this means)

I mean, I eat till i'm satiated and I try to keep the servings smallish. I don't go to bed hungry or anything.


EDIT: I am just starting out, and I do have enough bodyfat that, again, while im not chubby theres definitely a gut/handles there, visible when I sit.

EDIT 2: (didnt read the top two posts, d'oh) well i kicked out all grains and sweet-type stuff, potato chips (never had TOO many but eh). I do have a little bit of yogurt and potatoes, but i thought those were ok in Paleo?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 17 2011 23:21 GMT
#12876
On October 18 2011 07:00 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 04:18 phyre112 wrote:
On October 18 2011 03:56 sJarl wrote:
On October 18 2011 03:44 phyre112 wrote:
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.


def just undereating. might be that your rest periods aren't long enough. you also might look into having some workout nutrition, some fast carbs and protein / bcca.


That's what I previously thought - but I've had almost a full week away from the gym and only two rugby practices, good sleep, and I'm getting between 3k and 3.5k (which should be enough to maintain, but not put on weight) calories each day. I was taking BCAAs over the summer, but I didn't feel they were doing anything for me... Maybe I'll try that again and see if it helps.

I'll also have to up the calorie count to 4k? Ulp, I don't think I can do that eating just two meals per day especially since I'm out of milk right now =(.


I really don't know then. Warmup good? Mobility stuff good? Just having a tin of coke really helps me through workouts

@Decaf: lol, you still continue to entertain us :D

Not the best of days today, slept only 1.5 hours last night, zombied through the morning lectures but a half an hour power nap in the lunch time made the lab classes good. Took a small nap when I came home from school (about 5pm ish).

Workout was good, squatted 165kg x 5.

Doesn't really make sense...


All of my workouts are on 3-4 hours of sleep a night...the gains I could have if I went to school elsewhere..

I feel you bro. Crushin' dem weightz anyways though!
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
October 17 2011 23:34 GMT
#12877
On October 18 2011 08:16 Sinep wrote:
he says he's eating at a deficit by eating mostly protein.

it's possible to add muscle in a deficit but it depends on a lot of things. if you have enough bodyfat or are just starting out this could be possible, it also depends on how much of a deficit it is.


i read it the other way around thinking he was cutting back mostly on proteins ^^
Guaska
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil12 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-18 00:00:40
October 17 2011 23:44 GMT
#12878
So, went to the gym today after a weekend of heavy drinking and poor sleeping. Surprisingly, everything went well.

114kg squat 5-5-5
76 kg bench 5-5-5 (at last i managed to reach BW bench)
132 kg deadlift 5
weighted pull-ups + 14kg 8-8-6

I had to rub the sole of my shoes so my hands wouldn't slip on the DL, since there is no chalk at my gym. I would bother, but i feel i'm the only one that uses the squat rack and it's barbell so meh.

Edit: forgot to add the pull-ups.
Autofire2
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Pakistan290 Posts
October 18 2011 00:04 GMT
#12879
ohhhh ok lol my bad.

So...if I don't gain lots of mass (ok with that, im not a tiny framed guy anyway) will my body composition at least improve in a deficit?
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
October 18 2011 00:10 GMT
#12880
On October 18 2011 08:19 Autofire2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 08:16 Sinep wrote:
he says he's eating at a deficit by eating mostly protein.




Something odd about that? (not giving you attitude, but im not sure what this means)

I mean, I eat till i'm satiated and I try to keep the servings smallish. I don't go to bed hungry or anything.


EDIT: I am just starting out, and I do have enough bodyfat that, again, while im not chubby theres definitely a gut/handles there, visible when I sit.

EDIT 2: (didnt read the top two posts, d'oh) well i kicked out all grains and sweet-type stuff, potato chips (never had TOO many but eh). I do have a little bit of yogurt and potatoes, but i thought those were ok in Paleo?


no, nothing odd about that. The other two posters misunderstood what you meant by it so that's why i wrote it.

and yes, your body composition should improve lifting in a deficit
Prev 1 642 643 644 645 646 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Sea.KH 46
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2278
Dendi637
XaKoH 385
Counter-Strike
x6flipin253
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1302
B2W.Neo561
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee146
dupreeh102
XBOCT78
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick590
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1469
Other Games
• WagamamaTV175
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.