• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9560 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 643

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 641 642 643 644 645 730 Next
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
October 16 2011 14:29 GMT
#12841
On October 16 2011 22:29 Cambium wrote:
I lost close to ten pounds in the past 6-7 weeks since I arrived in Japan.

Japan and weight gaining just don't mix well, at all. I think I'm going to start doing GOMAD again...


Some things about bulking in Japan...

*Eggs. Large quantities of them.
*Super fatty meats such as karubi, bara, etc. These are also the cheapest, as lean meats in Japan are pricey.
*White rice is a good help, but if you want to stay more paleo oriented, white potatoes are fairly cheap in large quantities.
*4.5% fat milk = 750 calories/liter.

If you're short on time, those rice bowl restaurants like Yoshinoya and Nakau can make for a quick dinner with decent macros and high calories.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 15:34:14
October 16 2011 15:00 GMT
#12842
On October 16 2011 23:29 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2011 22:29 Cambium wrote:
I lost close to ten pounds in the past 6-7 weeks since I arrived in Japan.

Japan and weight gaining just don't mix well, at all. I think I'm going to start doing GOMAD again...


Some things about bulking in Japan...

*Eggs. Large quantities of them.
*Super fatty meats such as karubi, bara, etc. These are also the cheapest, as lean meats in Japan are pricey.
*White rice is a good help, but if you want to stay more paleo oriented, white potatoes are fairly cheap in large quantities.
*4.5% fat milk = 750 calories/liter.

If you're short on time, those rice bowl restaurants like Yoshinoya and Nakau can make for a quick dinner with decent macros and high calories.


I find more problems with breakfast and lunch, since I can't cook my own meals.

For breakfast, I often go with 1L of milk and one or two onigiris from a conbeni, it's not great but it does the trick.

Lunch is the worst because I go out with my coworkers, and the food is usually terrible both in terms of quality and quantity since lunch sets are fucking tiny and loaded with mostly carbs.

I think I'm going to start eating another meal at about 4 PM... Yoshinoya sounds like a great idea actually. I was originally going to go with Burger King. Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I find it somewhat appalling to eat more than four eggs a day , lol... Purely personal preference. How are you doing on veges btw? I find myself eating way less veges in Japan...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 16 2011 15:28 GMT
#12843
On October 16 2011 06:53 decafchicken wrote:
Just had three exams (102%, 94%, 68%(way above class average so win)). 21st birthday celebration week begins tomorrow. just beat our rival school in football. Been a lot of studying followed by a lot of drinking. i'll get it up i have probably a page and a half typed already rofl


I had four, but most of them are graded on a curve so I still don't know the actual grades. I think I did well. HAPPY 21st Decaf! No more troubles with the socials while you're playing travel rugby eh?

On October 16 2011 08:59 BouBou.865 wrote:
Just had an actual two hour no-rest 'workout', her nailprints are still in my back. Thanks guys (eschlow, decaf, phyre and malinor in particular)

and otherwise it'd still be worth it, holy shit sex is 1000000x better than masturbating.


I've drank maybe two nights this semester. Last night I came back, and a girl and I finished about half a bottle of straight bourbon. While it was certainly worth it, my arms and legs are still "tingling" and I really just want to go lie down in a cave and watch MLG all day. Good thing my exams were last week and the girl lives next door to me right?

@BouBou, keep being a boss. Bitches love bosses.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 16 2011 17:22 GMT
#12844
On October 17 2011 00:28 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2011 06:53 decafchicken wrote:
Just had three exams (102%, 94%, 68%(way above class average so win)). 21st birthday celebration week begins tomorrow. just beat our rival school in football. Been a lot of studying followed by a lot of drinking. i'll get it up i have probably a page and a half typed already rofl


I had four, but most of them are graded on a curve so I still don't know the actual grades. I think I did well. HAPPY 21st Decaf! No more troubles with the socials while you're playing travel rugby eh?

Show nested quote +
On October 16 2011 08:59 BouBou.865 wrote:
Just had an actual two hour no-rest 'workout', her nailprints are still in my back. Thanks guys (eschlow, decaf, phyre and malinor in particular)

and otherwise it'd still be worth it, holy shit sex is 1000000x better than masturbating.


I've drank maybe two nights this semester. Last night I came back, and a girl and I finished about half a bottle of straight bourbon. While it was certainly worth it, my arms and legs are still "tingling" and I really just want to go lie down in a cave and watch MLG all day. Good thing my exams were last week and the girl lives next door to me right?

@BouBou, keep being a boss. Bitches love bosses.


Thanks...and yes! 11 hours till i dont have to worry about the long dick of the law anymore. So much partying is about to happen. Hope i can still lift tomorrow!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
October 16 2011 17:37 GMT
#12845
I don't get some concepts, like why do you lose weight when your meals are loaded with carbs? Isn't it supposed to be opposite? Or do carbs only amount to fat?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 16 2011 17:42 GMT
#12846
On October 17 2011 02:37 discodancer wrote:
I don't get some concepts, like why do you lose weight when your meals are loaded with carbs? Isn't it supposed to be opposite? Or do carbs only amount to fat?


carbs, fat, and protein are all calories. If you burn more calories than you take in, you lose weight.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 18:00:58
October 16 2011 17:43 GMT
#12847
So why do we not want carbs?

In this regard isn't that paleo diet completely silly?
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 16 2011 18:10 GMT
#12848
On October 17 2011 02:43 discodancer wrote:
So why do we not want carbs?

In this regard isn't that paleo diet completely silly?


Paleo is neither high or low carb, it all depends on how many you work into your diet. If you want more carbs on Paleo eat more fruit. If you want less, don't eat as much fruit. That's pretty much all their is to it.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 16 2011 18:20 GMT
#12849
Happy birthday Decaf! Try to reset your progress to two months at a minimum!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 16 2011 18:44 GMT
#12850
Snapped some pics today!
Before:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

After:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Lighting's really shitty so it's not the best quality pics but I don't think I look that different lol

Progress: Aug 29, 2011 -> Oct 15, 2011 (everything in lb)
BW: 165 -> 175
Squat: 115x5x5 -> 235x3x5
Bench: 85x5x5 -> 160x3x5
Press: 55x5x5 -> 85x5-5-3
Chin-ups: BWx3x5 --> BW+27.5x5-5-4-5
DL: 135x1x5 -> 255x1x5

Numbers may seem a bit deceiving since I have worked out on and off for a couple of months prior and I had squatted 175 and benched 125 before, but with much worse technique.
Official Entusman #21
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 16 2011 18:44 GMT
#12851
On October 16 2011 17:50 Kazragore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 08:56 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On September 15 2011 10:29 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:25 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
I just started the SL Regime today. I weigh 120 pounds and am 18 years old. My goal is to gain weight, hopefully 20+ pounds and also be able to progressively do a lot of weight on the exercises ofc.

I'm going to give an update every month on whether or not i've gained any weight and the amount of weight i'm lifting.

Currently starting at the lowest pretty much to get used to it and practice technique:

1. 45lb squat
2. 45lb bench press
3. 50lb barbell row
4. 45lb overhead press
5. 50lb deadlift
Here is my first month progress since the beginning, now I do:

1. 130lb squat 5x5
2. 80lb bench press 5x5
3. 95lb barbell row 5x5
4. 75lb overhead 5x5
5. 120lb deadlift 1x5

I've also gained 10 pounds in my first month so now I weight 130lbs. I'm really happy with my progress. The only muscle that didn't grow that much is my balls and I really need bigger ones to ask this cute girl out on a date, it's my first time.
Here is my second month progress I'm currently on now:

1. 175lb squat 5x5 (not much progress because of groin strain )
2. 120lb bench press 5x5
3. 135lb barbell row 5x5
4. 95lb overhead 5x5
5. 205 deadlift 1x5

I've gained yet another 10 pounds so now I'm on 140lbs. I have Crohn's Disease and I have a lot of trouble eating a lot but I have a goal, and as a man I intend to fulfill it no matter what it takes. This is my favorite thread in TL and I would like to personally thank everyone who has helped me (especially eshlow, me <3 him) and the motivation I get from seeing other people's results.


Jesus, you're like the same exact person as me haha. I am just starting to do Starting Strength. I'm about 145 pounds (pretty skinny) and trying to put on weight. I have Crohn's disease and I have trouble eating a lot too- although I'm not really sure if this is because of Crohn's, I just don't have that big of an appetite (I don't remember how well I ate before it manifested itself).

It's awesome to see someone just like me, with the same problems as me, going out there and getting shit done
It's great to know there's someone I can relate to! Good luck on the program!

Also, happy birthday Decaf!
I <3 Plexa.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 16 2011 19:41 GMT
#12852
Over the past few days, i've realized that i always need to pee almost exactly 4 hours after i eat. It fluctuate by half an hour or so depending on how much i eat but it's still incredibly weird.
Any of you heard of this?
☺
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 19:48:02
October 16 2011 19:46 GMT
#12853
happy birthday decaf! btw those articles about relaxing really helped!
Feeling a lot more focused now and not getting so angry if I miss a lift.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2232146121584
90kg on 5 hrs sleep lol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 20:42:30
October 16 2011 20:38 GMT
#12854
sick gains infinity!

and happy birthday decaf
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 17 2011 02:15 GMT
#12855
185lb squat.
Finally nailed it.
☺
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 17 2011 14:25 GMT
#12856
I don't know what happened but i think i died last night. I think i hit 25+ shots. One more night to go.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
deepfield1
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States373 Posts
October 17 2011 14:31 GMT
#12857
I've been doing SS for about 6 weeks now and I've made significant progress.

Recently I have been noticing that I get really tight, sore knees on off days. It seems to go away after about 24 hours.. Is this normal? Is it time to re-evaluate my form and possibly reset?
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
October 17 2011 14:33 GMT
#12858
Happy birthday Decaf!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 17 2011 14:38 GMT
#12859
On October 17 2011 04:46 AoN.DimSum wrote:
happy birthday decaf! btw those articles about relaxing really helped!
Feeling a lot more focused now and not getting so angry if I miss a lift.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2232146121584
90kg on 5 hrs sleep lol

Flawless.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 17 2011 14:38 GMT
#12860
On October 17 2011 23:31 deepfield1 wrote:
I've been doing SS for about 6 weeks now and I've made significant progress.

Recently I have been noticing that I get really tight, sore knees on off days. It seems to go away after about 24 hours.. Is this normal? Is it time to re-evaluate my form and possibly reset?


sounds normal. take fish oil. on the bright side your knees will become indestructible.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 641 642 643 644 645 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 33m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.