• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7537 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 645

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 643 644 645 646 647 730 Next
Autofire2
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Pakistan290 Posts
October 18 2011 00:23 GMT
#12881
Thanks a lot Sino. Yeah, I didn't get that at first lol.

Well cheers. Improving comp for me comes before getting really big anyway.
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
October 18 2011 00:39 GMT
#12882
So I took some of your advice guys, finishing my gallon of milk and been eating more in general. I don't have enough time and resources to follow some strict diet, plus I live with my fiancee who isn't going to eat broccoli and chicken on everyday basis. All in all I'm feeling better, mainly because of muscles being stiff after workout and better reflection in the mirror. I don't go to the gym though, I feel like I should be okay for now with what I have. And I have a 40 pound dumbbell, 4 sets of pushups (around 30 each with 1-2 minute interval) and 4 sets of situps (40-50 each). Once I feel some power coming back I might get a gym membership or go to the one at school for free (but fiancee is going to murder me for that).
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
October 18 2011 00:43 GMT
#12883
On October 18 2011 09:39 discodancer wrote:
So I took some of your advice guys, finishing my gallon of milk and been eating more in general. I don't have enough time and resources to follow some strict diet, plus I live with my fiancee who isn't going to eat broccoli and chicken on everyday basis. All in all I'm feeling better, mainly because of muscles being stiff after workout and better reflection in the mirror. I don't go to the gym though, I feel like I should be okay for now with what I have. And I have a 40 pound dumbbell, 4 sets of pushups (around 30 each with 1-2 minute interval) and 4 sets of situps (40-50 each). Once I feel some power coming back I might get a gym membership or go to the one at school for free (but fiancee is going to murder me for that).


be careful dude. consuming that many calories and not actually doing compound lifts is gonna result in a large amount of fat gain compared to muscle gain. tread carefully
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-18 00:52:03
October 18 2011 00:47 GMT
#12884
If I gain 2 pounds after 2 weeks I will be psyched (at this point even fat is good, I just want to see my weight go up lol).

Also I assumed I do some form of those by doing situps/pushups? You know, it can get pretty intense if you do it right.
Guaska
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil12 Posts
October 18 2011 01:00 GMT
#12885
On October 18 2011 09:47 discodancer wrote:
If I gain 2 pounds after 2 weeks I will be psyched (at this point even fat is good, I just want to see my weight go up lol).

Also I assumed I do some form of those by doing situps/pushups? You know, it can get pretty intense if you do it right.


The problem is those are resistance exercises, more so if you can do many. The compound exercises recommended, usually train for strength and have a better progression with weight increase, while just adding more and more reps won't have the desired body adaptation effect. Strength training is better for weight loss and body recomposition in general.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-18 03:13:40
October 18 2011 02:23 GMT
#12886
so instead of making a fool of my noobish self on the barbells, I chickened out again. but at least this time I found a solution. I just did the exercises with dumbbells. squatted with 2 40lb ones. benched 2 30lb ones. and did some curls and lateral raises with 25lb ones. felt really good. surprised how fast i built a sweat up. although sad I couldnt run my daily 2mi afterwards.

infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 18 2011 02:31 GMT
#12887
On October 18 2011 11:23 Orpheos wrote:
so instead of making a fool of my noobish self on the barbells, I chickened out again. but at least this time I found a solution. I just did the exercises with dumbbells. squatted with 2 40lb ones. benched 2 30lb ones. and did some curls and lateral raises with 25lb ones. felt really good. surprised how fast i built a sweat up. although sad I could run my daily 2mi afterwards.


Just do it.
Honestly, it only takes a few weeks on SS to start moving heavier weights. Heck, I started never having DLed before and lifted 295 in 4-5 weeks. Don't pay attention to how you think others will perceive you cause most of them don't care. Read SS, learn the proper form, and go lift some weights
Official Entusman #21
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 18 2011 02:47 GMT
#12888
It looks like I have hay fever, which has to be the unmanliest disease ever, it sucks, coughing, stuffy face, runny nose, sneezing, blocked ears, fatigue. I think I'd prefer to just have the flu. Almost 4 weeks now and I find out it's hay fever, I thought it was just some really annoying virus. It's weird because I've never had it before in my life.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
October 18 2011 02:48 GMT
#12889
ohhh, on another note. I start crossfit this time next week, wooo!
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-18 03:42:18
October 18 2011 03:41 GMT
#12890
what are some soft fibrous foods? Got braces and have been taking very limited craps every 2 or 3 days. Can't eat hard foods. Even overcooked greens are usually too hard.
☺
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 18 2011 04:18 GMT
#12891
overcooked and blended greens? lol
Idk, try making some veggie shake
Official Entusman #21
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 18 2011 06:00 GMT
#12892
On October 18 2011 11:23 Orpheos wrote:
so instead of making a fool of my noobish self on the barbells, I chickened out again. but at least this time I found a solution. I just did the exercises with dumbbells. squatted with 2 40lb ones. benched 2 30lb ones. and did some curls and lateral raises with 25lb ones. felt really good. surprised how fast i built a sweat up. although sad I couldnt run my daily 2mi afterwards.


I went from 40kilo deadlift 1x5 to 120kilo deadlift 1x5 in about four months. Stop caring what others think of you now, it's irrelevant in a year.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
October 18 2011 06:27 GMT
#12893
I'm back to 185 3x5 squat after having a couple injury setbacks in the past few months. I'm going to nail 200 by next week! Also, new deadlift PR today...fuck yea! Can't wait for wednesday, I'm gonna kill it!!!
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 18 2011 08:28 GMT
#12894
On October 18 2011 08:21 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 07:00 sJarl wrote:
On October 18 2011 04:18 phyre112 wrote:
On October 18 2011 03:56 sJarl wrote:
On October 18 2011 03:44 phyre112 wrote:
I'm running into the problem that, if i dont squat first not only can i not progress, i cant finish my sets. However, if i progress on squats i'm so drained afterwards that every other lift suffers. Is this likely a problem of under eating, or do i need to look at intermediate strength routines?

For reference, i'm squatting 100kg at 82kg bw, 193cm tall.


def just undereating. might be that your rest periods aren't long enough. you also might look into having some workout nutrition, some fast carbs and protein / bcca.


That's what I previously thought - but I've had almost a full week away from the gym and only two rugby practices, good sleep, and I'm getting between 3k and 3.5k (which should be enough to maintain, but not put on weight) calories each day. I was taking BCAAs over the summer, but I didn't feel they were doing anything for me... Maybe I'll try that again and see if it helps.

I'll also have to up the calorie count to 4k? Ulp, I don't think I can do that eating just two meals per day especially since I'm out of milk right now =(.


I really don't know then. Warmup good? Mobility stuff good? Just having a tin of coke really helps me through workouts

@Decaf: lol, you still continue to entertain us :D

Not the best of days today, slept only 1.5 hours last night, zombied through the morning lectures but a half an hour power nap in the lunch time made the lab classes good. Took a small nap when I came home from school (about 5pm ish).

Workout was good, squatted 165kg x 5.

Doesn't really make sense...


All of my workouts are on 3-4 hours of sleep a night...the gains I could have if I went to school elsewhere..

I feel you bro. Crushin' dem weightz anyways though!


Y u no sleep good?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
October 18 2011 09:44 GMT
#12895
98.3kg!!!! I'll definitely hit 101 by the end of this program :D.
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
October 18 2011 11:35 GMT
#12896
120kg squats to 100 degrees :D

120kg deadlift - should my deadlift be bigger? i mainly used to do squats though

70kg bench - working on this

i'm 71kg doing sets of 6 mainly (power training)
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
Autofire2
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Pakistan290 Posts
October 18 2011 12:06 GMT
#12897
On October 18 2011 11:23 Orpheos wrote:
so instead of making a fool of my noobish self on the barbells, I chickened out again. but at least this time I found a solution. I just did the exercises with dumbbells. squatted with 2 40lb ones. benched 2 30lb ones. and did some curls and lateral raises with 25lb ones. felt really good. surprised how fast i built a sweat up. although sad I couldnt run my daily 2mi afterwards.




I was in this position for months.

Don't be a fool, and join SS like I finally did, far later than I should have. It's surprisingly easy to convince yourself you're doing great because its "kinda hard to do any exercise".

You don't seem to indicate a lack of time or funds for the gym, so just do it. You'll thank yourself in a few short days. Trust me.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
October 18 2011 12:55 GMT
#12898
On October 18 2011 20:35 emjaytron wrote:
120kg squats to 100 degrees :D

120kg deadlift - should my deadlift be bigger? i mainly used to do squats though

70kg bench - working on this

i'm 71kg doing sets of 6 mainly (power training)


100 degrees? I hope you mean temperature! because otherwise that sounds like a half squat to me. go ATG (ass to grass!)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 18 2011 13:05 GMT
#12899
started doing full cleans today, only at 60kg, but felt soooooooo right
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
KCrazy
Profile Joined August 2009
United States278 Posts
October 18 2011 13:37 GMT
#12900
started lifting five weeks but now i'm stuck at 198 lbs for about 2 weeks now after losing about 7lbs in the previous 4 weeks. from what i've read it seems normal but previously i could throw off more weight easily minus the weight lifting routine. Since my work sets are still going up steadily and i can notice some muscle changes, mostly firmness on shoulders, arms legs etc, is it safe to assume all is well?
"We need alcohol" ~Stork
Prev 1 643 644 645 646 647 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.