• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7537 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 646

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 644 645 646 647 648 730 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
October 18 2011 13:44 GMT
#12901
On October 18 2011 22:37 KCrazy wrote:
started lifting five weeks but now i'm stuck at 198 lbs for about 2 weeks now after losing about 7lbs in the previous 4 weeks. from what i've read it seems normal but previously i could throw off more weight easily minus the weight lifting routine. Since my work sets are still going up steadily and i can notice some muscle changes, mostly firmness on shoulders, arms legs etc, is it safe to assume all is well?


kind of hard to say without knowing your diet and exercise routine but generally speaking muscle tissue weighs more than fat so yeah I imagine you have put on some muscle mass whilst burning off some fat. should notice some change in body composition as well.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
October 18 2011 15:09 GMT
#12902
On October 18 2011 22:37 KCrazy wrote:
started lifting five weeks but now i'm stuck at 198 lbs for about 2 weeks now after losing about 7lbs in the previous 4 weeks. from what i've read it seems normal but previously i could throw off more weight easily minus the weight lifting routine. Since my work sets are still going up steadily and i can notice some muscle changes, mostly firmness on shoulders, arms legs etc, is it safe to assume all is well?

Something to take into account is that as you lose weight your BMR will also go down, so if you don't change your total kcals your weight loss will slow down. Your workouts are still going up so it's not a big deal but if you want to keep losing fat I'd take a look at your nutrition again.
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
October 18 2011 15:10 GMT
#12903
On October 18 2011 15:00 BouBou.865 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 11:23 Orpheos wrote:
so instead of making a fool of my noobish self on the barbells, I chickened out again. but at least this time I found a solution. I just did the exercises with dumbbells. squatted with 2 40lb ones. benched 2 30lb ones. and did some curls and lateral raises with 25lb ones. felt really good. surprised how fast i built a sweat up. although sad I couldnt run my daily 2mi afterwards.


I went from 40kilo deadlift 1x5 to 120kilo deadlift 1x5 in about four months. Stop caring what others think of you now, it's irrelevant in a year.


exactly! not just in the gym but in general

most people start out by being "weak", even those that are strong today
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 18 2011 16:00 GMT
#12904
Awesome.

Finally made my way back into the gym, it was so hard, I was sooo filled with fuckarounditis and I couldn't believe I was being the lazy person I used to be. MadFunkie got mad, really mad, I got up, warmed up, and Lifted the bar. Felt heavy, way too heavy for what I could remember.

I started to feel the fuckarounditis getting out of my body, by small amounts of sweat, and I was not tired. I did the second set 62kg. It felt a bit heavy, but I was up for it, I was down to lift the weight and clear my mind of all the bullshit that has been comsuming me.

Third set, Here I go. 80kg. It's feeling heavier than I thought, First rep is clumsy, second is book-perfect. Excellent technique, and people are already staring. I know this is the real me. I know I'm coming back. It's time to hit it up.

Fourth Set, 100kg. It feels light, so light, I couldn't believe 62kg were giving me a hard time. I pulled it up nicely and smooth-like-cat movements, the pearl and the dragon at their best. Awesome.

Fifth set, 3x5, 122kg. My best PR so far. No helping, no one behind me, Just me, the bar, and myself, My true self, being released of the fuck around it is. I did it. Pulled 3x5. 122kg. A plateau for me. but not anymore. I felt secure, and ready for the lift, calmed my senses and cleared my head, but the time I un-racked the bar, I was all dragon, ready to explode, to continue performing well, to returning to my true self.

True story. 122kg 3x5 Squat (PR).

Let's fucking do this!.

(also a week and a half on lean-gains :D)
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 18 2011 18:47 GMT
#12905
I bow to you, elder Entusman.
Official Entusman #21
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
October 18 2011 19:44 GMT
#12906
Fun article!
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/14/health/video-gamers-bodybuilders-fitocracy/
Kind of a shame that there was no mention of SCII :-/
NokCha
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)410 Posts
October 18 2011 21:57 GMT
#12907
Whats your guy's take on Costco's rotisserie chicken? I've been eating it for a week and was wondering if it was a healthy choice.
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
October 18 2011 22:04 GMT
#12908
On October 19 2011 06:57 NokCha wrote:
Whats your guy's take on Costco's rotisserie chicken? I've been eating it for a week and was wondering if it was a healthy choice.

You could definitely do a lot worse. You might want to avoid the skin as I'm guessing it's coated or basted in some kind of soybean or vegetable oil, and it might be injected with some kind of water/MSG mixture (could be disguised as "natural flavoring") but overall it should be okay.
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
October 18 2011 22:09 GMT
#12909
Just googled a little bit and it looks like Costco in particular just has dry spices, so you should be fine as long as you tolerate any MSG and minor amounts of wheat or starch additives that they may put in there. Obviously don't count on this being the highest quality, best-treated bird but chicken is rather lean and has an unfavorable O3:O6 ratio no matter what you do to it so I say if you like it, eat it!
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 18 2011 23:05 GMT
#12910
[image loading]

This is pretty much how I imagine decaf
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-19 00:20:41
October 19 2011 00:08 GMT
#12911
@funkie - RAGE

Please, i dont need no bitch ass scrum cap. And our jerseys are way cooler. I imagine myself like this:

[image loading]

P.S. i survived my birthday. Footnotes of last two nighst:
-picking up cougars
-trying to fight collegiate football players, then befriending them
-face diving into sidewalk
-hours of vomitting and saying nonsense
-found my razor in the hallway
-cant find tooth brush
-girl passed out on bathroom floor before i even got home
-broom in freezer
-eggs smashed on floor
-OUR FRONT DOOR GOT STOLEN??
Lols. At least i had fun :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 19 2011 00:13 GMT
#12912
190lb squat: 5-5-5
140lb bench: 5-2-0
Pull ups: 8-6-5

I noticed i've been losing fat everywhere except that my stomach is gaining fat.
☺
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 19 2011 00:38 GMT
#12913
On October 19 2011 09:08 decafchicken wrote:
@funkie - RAGE

Please, i dont need no bitch ass scrum cap. And our jerseys are way cooler. I imagine myself like this:

[image loading]

P.S. i survived my birthday. Footnotes of last two nighst:
-picking up cougars
-trying to fight collegiate football players, then befriending them
-face diving into sidewalk
-hours of vomitting and saying nonsense
-found my razor in the hallway
-cant find tooth brush
-girl passed out on bathroom floor before i even got home
-broom in freezer
-eggs smashed on floor
-OUR FRONT DOOR GOT STOLEN??
Lols. At least i had fun :D


Please. Being a back in general is so much more bitch ass than wearing a scrum cap. I nearly had my ears torn off the first game I played lock.

Deadlift down to 265, from 295. Guess that's what happens when you "focus on squats" but only lift twice a week for almost a month... Damn I need to figure out how to juggle Rugby, classes, and gym time. I also need to eat more food.
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
October 19 2011 01:11 GMT
#12914
Anybody knows how many calories you burn in the average SS Squat session (so around 4warm up sets + 3 working sets)

My gym partner decided he wanted to run instead of squat cause he wants to lose weight and he doesnt believe me when I say squats will be more usefull than running...
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
October 19 2011 01:13 GMT
#12915
On October 19 2011 10:11 XuoriG wrote:
Anybody knows how many calories you burn in the average SS Squat session (so around 4warm up sets + 3 working sets)

My gym partner decided he wanted to run instead of squat cause he wants to lose weight and he doesnt believe me when I say squats will be more usefull than running...

squats won't necessarily help him lose weight. It will help more in losing fat, but gaining muscle is rather inevitable on SS.
☺
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
October 19 2011 01:21 GMT
#12916
On October 19 2011 10:11 XuoriG wrote:
Anybody knows how many calories you burn in the average SS Squat session (so around 4warm up sets + 3 working sets)

My gym partner decided he wanted to run instead of squat cause he wants to lose weight and he doesnt believe me when I say squats will be more usefull than running...


It's a hard thing to measure, and varies person to person. But 30-45 calories for one set is about right. It's less than people make it out to be, but still a decent amount compared to something like running.

And then the energy the body uses during recovery is also one of those things that has a lot of factors involved, because your body heals itself up every night from the stress it was put under. I'd estimate 200-300 calories there. But that's a calculated estimation that I came up with.
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 19 2011 01:23 GMT
#12917
Bench Press: 95kgx3 (5sec pause at bottom), 100kgx3 (5 sec pause at bottom), 105kgx3, 110kgx1

100kgx3 with pause and 105kgx3 are both personal records in terms of reps/pause with given weight. This week or begining next one I will be benching 115kg for sure (fatigued), which is national record at 75kg weight class (lol). There is a guy at 66 who benches 145kg though.

Deadlift 138kg x4x4 (light day).

Was really ez now that I started wearing a belt and that I can hold my breath for the 4 reps.

Srsly I feel unstopabble now, I am sure I will be benching at least 120kg at the competition and deadlifting 225kg (3x bodyweight).
Looking foward to starting creatine next week for even more amazing results (5 weeks before meet).
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 19 2011 01:28 GMT
#12918
Managed my first muscle-up ever yesterday, followed by a few more sets of 1 just because I was so pumped
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
October 19 2011 04:36 GMT
#12919
On October 19 2011 09:08 decafchicken wrote:
@funkie - RAGE

Please, i dont need no bitch ass scrum cap. And our jerseys are way cooler. I imagine myself like this:

[image loading]

P.S. i survived my birthday. Footnotes of last two nighst:
-picking up cougars
-trying to fight collegiate football players, then befriending them
-face diving into sidewalk
-hours of vomitting and saying nonsense
-found my razor in the hallway
-cant find tooth brush
-girl passed out on bathroom floor before i even got home
-broom in freezer
-eggs smashed on floor
-OUR FRONT DOOR GOT STOLEN??
Lols. At least i had fun :D


Dude who the hell is the guy 2nd from left? He looks tiiiiiinnnyyy
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 19 2011 05:17 GMT
#12920
haha thats one of my roommates and my olympic lifting partner. he plays scrum half which are typically smaller than the rest of the team, he's actually one of the better players and tacklers on the team.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 644 645 646 647 648 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.