• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9613 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 642

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 640 641 642 643 644 730 Next
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 14 2011 23:56 GMT
#12821
On September 15 2011 10:29 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 16:25 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
I just started the SL Regime today. I weigh 120 pounds and am 18 years old. My goal is to gain weight, hopefully 20+ pounds and also be able to progressively do a lot of weight on the exercises ofc.

I'm going to give an update every month on whether or not i've gained any weight and the amount of weight i'm lifting.

Currently starting at the lowest pretty much to get used to it and practice technique:

1. 45lb squat
2. 45lb bench press
3. 50lb barbell row
4. 45lb overhead press
5. 50lb deadlift
Here is my first month progress since the beginning, now I do:

1. 130lb squat 5x5
2. 80lb bench press 5x5
3. 95lb barbell row 5x5
4. 75lb overhead 5x5
5. 120lb deadlift 1x5

I've also gained 10 pounds in my first month so now I weight 130lbs. I'm really happy with my progress. The only muscle that didn't grow that much is my balls and I really need bigger ones to ask this cute girl out on a date, it's my first time.
Here is my second month progress I'm currently on now:

1. 175lb squat 5x5 (not much progress because of groin strain )
2. 120lb bench press 5x5
3. 135lb barbell row 5x5
4. 95lb overhead 5x5
5. 205 deadlift 1x5

I've gained yet another 10 pounds so now I'm on 140lbs. I have Crohn's Disease and I have a lot of trouble eating a lot but I have a goal, and as a man I intend to fulfill it no matter what it takes. This is my favorite thread in TL and I would like to personally thank everyone who has helped me (especially eshlow, me <3 him) and the motivation I get from seeing other people's results.
I <3 Plexa.
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
October 15 2011 10:18 GMT
#12822
On October 15 2011 08:56 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 10:29 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:25 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
I just started the SL Regime today. I weigh 120 pounds and am 18 years old. My goal is to gain weight, hopefully 20+ pounds and also be able to progressively do a lot of weight on the exercises ofc.

I'm going to give an update every month on whether or not i've gained any weight and the amount of weight i'm lifting.

Currently starting at the lowest pretty much to get used to it and practice technique:

1. 45lb squat
2. 45lb bench press
3. 50lb barbell row
4. 45lb overhead press
5. 50lb deadlift
Here is my first month progress since the beginning, now I do:

1. 130lb squat 5x5
2. 80lb bench press 5x5
3. 95lb barbell row 5x5
4. 75lb overhead 5x5
5. 120lb deadlift 1x5

I've also gained 10 pounds in my first month so now I weight 130lbs. I'm really happy with my progress. The only muscle that didn't grow that much is my balls and I really need bigger ones to ask this cute girl out on a date, it's my first time.
Here is my second month progress I'm currently on now:

1. 175lb squat 5x5 (not much progress because of groin strain )
2. 120lb bench press 5x5
3. 135lb barbell row 5x5
4. 95lb overhead 5x5
5. 205 deadlift 1x5

I've gained yet another 10 pounds so now I'm on 140lbs. I have Crohn's Disease and I have a lot of trouble eating a lot but I have a goal, and as a man I intend to fulfill it no matter what it takes. This is my favorite thread in TL and I would like to personally thank everyone who has helped me (especially eshlow, me <3 him) and the motivation I get from seeing other people's results.

That's some great progress, keep it up! You're up 20 lbs BW that must be really noticable already.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 15 2011 13:16 GMT
#12823
Yeah crazy progress kamais, gj man.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Steeped
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada87 Posts
October 15 2011 14:33 GMT
#12824
On October 15 2011 08:21 RemedySC wrote:
Finally got a new Squat PR, didn't have too much trouble either.

Try for 210lbs next time, should smash it!

Squat: 205lbs 3x5
Bench: 135lbs 5-5-4
Pull-ups: 8-6-5
Bent-over row: 95lbs 3x5

I watched him fuckin kill that squat PR, made it look easy!
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
October 15 2011 17:22 GMT
#12825
New Power Clean PR today: 87.5kg 3-3-3. I should probably be able to do way more, but I train them so infrequently, and a PR is always nice. Did some lower intensity Front Squat, Overhead Press and assisted-Chin ups. During the Overhead Press I could feel how hard my Dips workout yesterday was, my shoulders were still destroyed. All in all a very good workout though.

Later today (and yesterday for that matter) I am gonna eat ungodly amounts of unhealthy foods at the 'Freimarkt' here in Bremen, it is basically a giant fun fair. I can't wait
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 15 2011 18:40 GMT
#12826
Bench press: 80kgx2x3, 90kgx2x3, 100kgx2x3 ,110kgx1

I totally own 110kg now. Will work with that weight next week and hopefully move up to a 115kg fatigued (and total) PR.

Deadlift 155kgx3, 174kgx1x3

Added belt to my lift and it felt really easy.
I am actually starting to believe I will be pulling 3 times my bodyweight (225kg) on november 26th.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 20:08:16
October 15 2011 20:07 GMT
#12827
On October 16 2011 02:22 Malinor wrote:
New Power Clean PR today: 87.5kg 3-3-3. I should probably be able to do way more, but I train them so infrequently, and a PR is always nice. Did some lower intensity Front Squat, Overhead Press and assisted-Chin ups. During the Overhead Press I could feel how hard my Dips workout yesterday was, my shoulders were still destroyed. All in all a very good workout though.

Later today (and yesterday for that matter) I am gonna eat ungodly amounts of unhealthy foods at the 'Freimarkt' here in Bremen, it is basically a giant fun fair. I can't wait


Beastmode


On October 16 2011 03:40 GoTuNk! wrote:
Bench press: 80kgx2x3, 90kgx2x3, 100kgx2x3 ,110kgx1

I totally own 110kg now. Will work with that weight next week and hopefully move up to a 115kg fatigued (and total) PR.

Deadlift 155kgx3, 174kgx1x3

Added belt to my lift and it felt really easy.
I am actually starting to believe I will be pulling 3 times my bodyweight (225kg) on november 26th.


:O
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
October 15 2011 20:30 GMT
#12828
Well, deadlift @150 pounds today. Beast... ish

Squat is maxed at 115 because of equipment atm.

bench to 70 pounds, just worked through it.

Also finished container of pasta, all leftovers from this onepot thing we had yesterday, cooked four eggs. Later finished all tortillas and cheese. Then said we didn't have any food. (bread needed to be defrosted)

Mom was pissed until she realized it was true, then got more pissed, and asked hwere I hid it o.o
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 15 2011 21:52 GMT
#12829
On October 16 2011 05:30 Froadac wrote:
Well, deadlift @150 pounds today. Beast... ish

Squat is maxed at 115 because of equipment atm.

bench to 70 pounds, just worked through it.

Also finished container of pasta, all leftovers from this onepot thing we had yesterday, cooked four eggs. Later finished all tortillas and cheese. Then said we didn't have any food. (bread needed to be defrosted)

Mom was pissed until she realized it was true, then got more pissed, and asked hwere I hid it o.o


gj on the lifting. how is the equipment limiting you to squat only 115lb?

i'm not sure but I think your mom needs some serious help...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 15 2011 21:53 GMT
#12830
On October 15 2011 08:47 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 08:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
Squat: 150kg x2x3
Bench: 92,5kgx3 , 97,5kgx3, 102.5kgx3, 107.5kgx1

Apparently my uni gym got the shittiest bar the could cause it was bent with 150kg on the rack, and even more on my back according to my friend.
Gives me a new goal for next year: Ruin them deadlifting so they have to purchase replacements from me


There's one good Oly bar at my Uni gym, and that's on the oly platform. The guys who actually clean and snatch try our best to make sure it never leaves - and if it does, it doesn't go further than the squat racks in front of the platform.

Other than that, we have a half dozen old oly bars that are bent as hell (seriously, I've seen maybe two people capable of squatting or deadlifting enough weight to bend a bar, in three years here. How does this happen?) and a dozen of those thicker, shorter 55 lb bars that were purchased more recently - probably under the assumption they would last longer. They last just fine, but I CANNOT lift anything with them, they screw me up on every single lift. Most guys wait around for a bench - I wait around for the bar that you're benching with. True story =(

Also, @decaf where is the rugby thread??


Just had three exams (102%, 94%, 68%(way above class average so win)). 21st birthday celebration week begins tomorrow. just beat our rival school in football. Been a lot of studying followed by a lot of drinking. i'll get it up i have probably a page and a half typed already rofl
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 15 2011 22:45 GMT
#12831
Missed most of last weeks training days.

Just went one day. Week filled with stress, and bad shit happening. not anymore.

I'm done. This coming week, it's going down.

Dragoning the fuck up, and pearling it up too.

Wish me luck.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
October 15 2011 22:56 GMT
#12832
yeah, she does.

Reason it's limited is because the rack is shit. I'm sort of holding off for gym membership until it gets cheaper. Generally it's cyclical, and unfortunately it's at the high end right now.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 23:41:24
October 15 2011 23:06 GMT
#12833
Today i'm going out sober, gonna feel so weird =/. Will use car to force me stay sober :p.

Edit: This is officially my favorite lift ever.

Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
October 15 2011 23:14 GMT
#12834
On October 16 2011 06:53 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 08:47 phyre112 wrote:
On October 15 2011 08:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
Squat: 150kg x2x3
Bench: 92,5kgx3 , 97,5kgx3, 102.5kgx3, 107.5kgx1

Apparently my uni gym got the shittiest bar the could cause it was bent with 150kg on the rack, and even more on my back according to my friend.
Gives me a new goal for next year: Ruin them deadlifting so they have to purchase replacements from me


There's one good Oly bar at my Uni gym, and that's on the oly platform. The guys who actually clean and snatch try our best to make sure it never leaves - and if it does, it doesn't go further than the squat racks in front of the platform.

Other than that, we have a half dozen old oly bars that are bent as hell (seriously, I've seen maybe two people capable of squatting or deadlifting enough weight to bend a bar, in three years here. How does this happen?) and a dozen of those thicker, shorter 55 lb bars that were purchased more recently - probably under the assumption they would last longer. They last just fine, but I CANNOT lift anything with them, they screw me up on every single lift. Most guys wait around for a bench - I wait around for the bar that you're benching with. True story =(

Also, @decaf where is the rugby thread??


Just had three exams (102%, 94%, 68%(way above class average so win)). 21st birthday celebration week begins tomorrow. just beat our rival school in football. Been a lot of studying followed by a lot of drinking. i'll get it up i have probably a page and a half typed already rofl


gogo!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-16 08:34:16
October 15 2011 23:59 GMT
#12835
Just had an actual two hour no-rest 'workout', her nailprints are still in my back. Thanks guys (eschlow, decaf, phyre and malinor in particular)

and otherwise it'd still be worth it, holy shit sex is 1000000x better than masturbating.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
October 16 2011 00:47 GMT
#12836
you might want to take her nails out of your back
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 16 2011 00:50 GMT
#12837
yeah, decreases the risk of infection.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
October 16 2011 02:21 GMT
#12838
Got nailed from behind?
Kazragore
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States369 Posts
October 16 2011 08:50 GMT
#12839
On October 15 2011 08:56 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 15 2011 10:29 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
On August 15 2011 16:25 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
I just started the SL Regime today. I weigh 120 pounds and am 18 years old. My goal is to gain weight, hopefully 20+ pounds and also be able to progressively do a lot of weight on the exercises ofc.

I'm going to give an update every month on whether or not i've gained any weight and the amount of weight i'm lifting.

Currently starting at the lowest pretty much to get used to it and practice technique:

1. 45lb squat
2. 45lb bench press
3. 50lb barbell row
4. 45lb overhead press
5. 50lb deadlift
Here is my first month progress since the beginning, now I do:

1. 130lb squat 5x5
2. 80lb bench press 5x5
3. 95lb barbell row 5x5
4. 75lb overhead 5x5
5. 120lb deadlift 1x5

I've also gained 10 pounds in my first month so now I weight 130lbs. I'm really happy with my progress. The only muscle that didn't grow that much is my balls and I really need bigger ones to ask this cute girl out on a date, it's my first time.
Here is my second month progress I'm currently on now:

1. 175lb squat 5x5 (not much progress because of groin strain )
2. 120lb bench press 5x5
3. 135lb barbell row 5x5
4. 95lb overhead 5x5
5. 205 deadlift 1x5

I've gained yet another 10 pounds so now I'm on 140lbs. I have Crohn's Disease and I have a lot of trouble eating a lot but I have a goal, and as a man I intend to fulfill it no matter what it takes. This is my favorite thread in TL and I would like to personally thank everyone who has helped me (especially eshlow, me <3 him) and the motivation I get from seeing other people's results.


Jesus, you're like the same exact person as me haha. I am just starting to do Starting Strength. I'm about 145 pounds (pretty skinny) and trying to put on weight. I have Crohn's disease and I have trouble eating a lot too- although I'm not really sure if this is because of Crohn's, I just don't have that big of an appetite (I don't remember how well I ate before it manifested itself).

It's awesome to see someone just like me, with the same problems as me, going out there and getting shit done
Imagine if i had a REAL weapon
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 16 2011 13:29 GMT
#12840
I lost close to ten pounds in the past 6-7 weeks since I arrived in Japan.

Japan and weight gaining just don't mix well, at all. I think I'm going to start doing GOMAD again...
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Prev 1 640 641 642 643 644 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.