• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 641

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 639 640 641 642 643 730 Next
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
October 14 2011 09:34 GMT
#12801
On October 14 2011 16:11 Release wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 15:57 jjhchsc2 wrote:
what was the meal?
what was the fluid?

how long has it been?

chicken, eggs, milk, and rice. And water.
Now 7 hours.


you lactose intolerant?
might cause the milk to stuff up your digestive system maybe
7 hours???? holy crap
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Autofire2
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Pakistan290 Posts
October 14 2011 09:39 GMT
#12802
Thanks guys!

Cheers
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 14 2011 11:20 GMT
#12803
On October 14 2011 14:24 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2011 20:21 emperorchampion wrote:
On October 13 2011 12:27 ShadowDrgn wrote:
On October 13 2011 09:04 MeShiet wrote:
One little thing I also wanted to point out on your bench press is that I see your head come off the bench, I do believe I've heard that can cause neck pain but if someone wants to clarify that I'd be more than willing to listen.


Starting Strength says to keep your head an inch off the bench I believe.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'll work on all those things.


No it doesn't, keep it on the bench.

Edit: To expand on this, because you don't want to drill your head into the bench either, I think he recommends thinking of keeping your head off the bench as a cue to combat this-- but you don't actually want to keep it off.



Page 90:
Show nested quote +
The function of the neck muscles is to maintain head position, and to protect the cervical
spine during the loading of the chest and upper back as the bar comes down on the chest. As
such, the neck muscles work isometrically to maintain position, in a function similar to that of the
lower back muscles during the deadlift. But unlike the back muscles, they should not transfer
power along the neck to help with the lift. In other words, you do not use your head to bench
press. Do not push jour head into the bench. This is an excellent way to injure your neck. You need to learn how to tighten up your neck without pushing on the bench with the back of your head.
As a practical matter, this involves holding your head about a half-inch off the bench during the
rep. If your head is held off the bench your neck muscles are tight.
It is tempting to use the neck to push the bench, as it adds contracted muscle and tightness to the upper back area, but it is too dangerous a habit to let become established.


In other words, the important part is keeping your neck muscles tight without drilling your head into the bench. If you can do this with your head touching the bench, great, but keeping it half an inch in the air is acceptable too.

I've had neck pain in the past from pushing my head into the bench, but no pain so far when keeping it in the air a bit. Seems like one of those "do what works best for you" situations.


Hmm, the more you know (or less you forget...).
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 14 2011 12:26 GMT
#12804
On October 14 2011 14:50 Release wrote:
Today, i ate a 1500 Calorie meal, with about 2 liters of fluids and i haven't peed yet. I feel terribly bloated and thirsty, but i feel like if i drink any more water, i'll vomit. What's stopping me from releasing bodily fluids?


I would contact a doctor about that or go to the ER.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 14 2011 12:45 GMT
#12805
On October 14 2011 14:50 Release wrote:
Today, i ate a 1500 Calorie meal, with about 2 liters of fluids and i haven't peed yet. I feel terribly bloated and thirsty, but i feel like if i drink any more water, i'll vomit. What's stopping me from releasing bodily fluids?


this may be in bad taste since this guy seems to be in a pretty bad situation, but anyone else amused by the irony in his screenname and his problem?
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
October 14 2011 12:48 GMT
#12806
Terrible hangover, 4 hours of sleep, long work hours

fucking went to the gym anyway, so glad I went, it actually made me feel a lot better.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 14 2011 12:54 GMT
#12807
On October 14 2011 21:45 Orpheos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 14:50 Release wrote:
Today, i ate a 1500 Calorie meal, with about 2 liters of fluids and i haven't peed yet. I feel terribly bloated and thirsty, but i feel like if i drink any more water, i'll vomit. What's stopping me from releasing bodily fluids?


this may be in bad taste since this guy seems to be in a pretty bad situation, but anyone else amused by the irony in his screenname and his problem?

Oh god didn't even notice.

I would suggest you to go to a professional.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 15:53:27
October 14 2011 15:05 GMT
#12808
Squat: 150kg 8-8-8
Dips: BW 2-2-3-2-0
Deadlift: 200kg x 5;170x 3-3-3

Finally after 4 weeks a good Deadlift workout again. During the last 6 weeks I haven't come closer to the desired 250kg, but in the same time I have lost 9kg BW, so I guess I should be satisfied. And after like 6 years I can do bodyweight-Dips again (at 142kg BW). Fat gymnasts ftw
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
October 14 2011 15:38 GMT
#12809
I'm a beginner. I used to have a schedule of A, B, C and train 4-5 times a week. It was mostly isolations with some composites exercises, with 4 sets of 10 legs and 4 sets of 8 repetitions for everything else.

Then LiquidMeat showed me Leangains and I read some pages on Starting Strength and decided to give it a try. My first session took place yesterday, it went like this:

I'm 178cm and 75kg

Squat: 1x5 60kg, 2x5 70kg
Bench press: 1x5 70kg, 2x5 72kg
Assisted Chin-ups (Smith Machine): 10R, 8R, 7R, all of them to failure.

I left the place exhausted and my arms, especially forearms, were bulked up and heavy. My legs hurt a bit too. I came close to failure in the final sets of Squat and Bench Press, so I think that's what I can handle for now, although I'll obviously slowly increase the weight.

BTW, I'm not far from what I'm looking for. I don't intend to get super ripped (like some of the clients of the leangains guy). So my question is, what should I do with my training to maintain my gains after I hit my goal? Stop increasing weight to the exercises? Keep increasing weight, but slowly? Change exercises?
For the Swarm!
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 23:13:54
October 14 2011 16:12 GMT
#12810
On October 15 2011 00:38 Raidern wrote:
I'm a beginner. I used to have a schedule of A, B, C and train 4-5 times a week. It was mostly isolations with some composites exercises, with 4 sets of 10 legs and 4 sets of 8 repetitions for everything else.

Then LiquidMeat showed me Leangains and I read some pages on Starting Strength and decided to give it a try. My first session took place yesterday, it went like this:

I'm 178cm and 75kg

Squat: 1x5 60kg, 2x5 70kg
Bench press: 1x5 70kg, 2x5 72kg
Assisted Chin-ups (Smith Machine): 10R, 8R, 7R, all of them to failure.

I left the place exhausted and my arms, especially forearms, were bulked up and heavy. My legs hurt a bit too. I came close to failure in the final sets of Squat and Bench Press, so I think that's what I can handle for now, although I'll obviously slowly increase the weight.

BTW, I'm not far from what I'm looking for. I don't intend to get super ripped (like some of the clients of the leangains guy). So my question is, what should I do with my training to maintain my gains after I hit my goal? Stop increasing weight to the exercises? Keep increasing weight, but slowly? Change exercises?


If you're doing Starting Strength, you want to start low at about 60% of max intensity and make linear gains every workout until you no longer can.

After that you need to start programming your workouts because your recovery period will be longer than the interval between workouts. This period is done by weekly increases, instead of from workout to workout. There are a bunch of program in the Starting Strength wiki, or you can get Practical Programming by Rippetoe.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
October 14 2011 16:44 GMT
#12811
God, i'm so tired of not getting enough sleep lately.

Lately, all my sessions in the gym have felt amazing and i'm pretty sure i'm eating well enough but i usually only get about 6-7hours sleep every night which sucks. It somehow feels like i'm wasting precious free time by going to bed earlier so i more or less force myself to stay up, even if i'm not doing anything! so stupid. Hopefully i can start getting some decent sleep again because other than that i think i'm doing pretty good with my diet and workout.
We make signature, then defense it.
Guaska
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil12 Posts
October 14 2011 16:44 GMT
#12812
On October 15 2011 00:38 Raidern wrote:
I'm a beginner. I used to have a schedule of A, B, C and train 4-5 times a week. It was mostly isolations with some composites exercises, with 4 sets of 10 legs and 4 sets of 8 repetitions for everything else.

Then LiquidMeat showed me Leangains and I read some pages on Starting Strength and decided to give it a try. My first session took place yesterday, it went like this:

I'm 178cm and 75kg

Squat: 1x5 60kg, 2x5 70kg
Bench press: 1x5 70kg, 2x5 72kg
Assisted Chin-ups (Smith Machine): 10R, 8R, 7R, all of them to failure.

I left the place exhausted and my arms, especially forearms, were bulked up and heavy. My legs hurt a bit too. I came close to failure in the final sets of Squat and Bench Press, so I think that's what I can handle for now, although I'll obviously slowly increase the weight.

BTW, I'm not far from what I'm looking for. I don't intend to get super ripped (like some of the clients of the leangains guy). So my question is, what should I do with my training to maintain my gains after I hit my goal? Stop increasing weight to the exercises? Keep increasing weight, but slowly? Change exercises?


Well, if you don't want to get a lot bigger, after you hit your goal you could eat less. You won't progress as fast on your load increase and shouldn't gain a lot of weight.
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 14 2011 17:52 GMT
#12813
On October 15 2011 01:44 grobo wrote:
God, i'm so tired of not getting enough sleep lately.

Lately, all my sessions in the gym have felt amazing and i'm pretty sure i'm eating well enough but i usually only get about 6-7hours sleep every night which sucks. It somehow feels like i'm wasting precious free time by going to bed earlier so i more or less force myself to stay up, even if i'm not doing anything! so stupid. Hopefully i can start getting some decent sleep again because other than that i think i'm doing pretty good with my diet and workout.
I have the exact-same problem!
I <3 Plexa.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 14 2011 19:34 GMT
#12814
Failed 67,5kg bench again today; does that mean I reset to 60, 62,5 or 65kg's on bench? Failed it three times in a row now
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
October 14 2011 19:36 GMT
#12815
On October 15 2011 04:34 BouBou.865 wrote:
Failed 67,5kg bench again today; does that mean I reset to 60, 62,5 or 65kg's on bench? Failed it three times in a row now
I'm pretty sure you have to go down 10% which is 59-60kg.
I <3 Plexa.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
October 14 2011 23:10 GMT
#12816
On October 15 2011 04:36 Kamais_Ookin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 04:34 BouBou.865 wrote:
Failed 67,5kg bench again today; does that mean I reset to 60, 62,5 or 65kg's on bench? Failed it three times in a row now
I'm pretty sure you have to go down 10% which is 59-60kg.


I don't like this guideline at all, it provides vastly different results depending on what weights you're lifting and how much your increases are.
Reset 2 weeks' worth.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
October 14 2011 23:19 GMT
#12817
On October 15 2011 00:05 Malinor wrote:
Squat: 150kg 8-8-8
Dips: BW 2-2-3-2-0
Deadlift: 200kg x 5;170x 3-3-3

Finally after 4 weeks a good Deadlift workout again. During the last 6 weeks I haven't come closer to the desired 250kg, but in the same time I have lost 9kg BW, so I guess I should be satisfied. And after like 6 years I can do bodyweight-Dips again (at 142kg BW). Fat gymnasts ftw



ffuuuuuuuu i couldn't imagine doing dips with 45kgs on me...gj man!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
RemedySC
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada176 Posts
October 14 2011 23:21 GMT
#12818
Finally got a new Squat PR, didn't have too much trouble either.

Try for 210lbs next time, should smash it!

Squat: 205lbs 3x5
Bench: 135lbs 5-5-4
Pull-ups: 8-6-5
Bent-over row: 95lbs 3x5
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 14 2011 23:31 GMT
#12819
Squat: 150kg x2x3
Bench: 92,5kgx3 , 97,5kgx3, 102.5kgx3, 107.5kgx1

Apparently my uni gym got the shittiest bar the could cause it was bent with 150kg on the rack, and even more on my back according to my friend.
Gives me a new goal for next year: Ruin them deadlifting so they have to purchase replacements from me
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 14 2011 23:47 GMT
#12820
On October 15 2011 08:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
Squat: 150kg x2x3
Bench: 92,5kgx3 , 97,5kgx3, 102.5kgx3, 107.5kgx1

Apparently my uni gym got the shittiest bar the could cause it was bent with 150kg on the rack, and even more on my back according to my friend.
Gives me a new goal for next year: Ruin them deadlifting so they have to purchase replacements from me


There's one good Oly bar at my Uni gym, and that's on the oly platform. The guys who actually clean and snatch try our best to make sure it never leaves - and if it does, it doesn't go further than the squat racks in front of the platform.

Other than that, we have a half dozen old oly bars that are bent as hell (seriously, I've seen maybe two people capable of squatting or deadlifting enough weight to bend a bar, in three years here. How does this happen?) and a dozen of those thicker, shorter 55 lb bars that were purchased more recently - probably under the assumption they would last longer. They last just fine, but I CANNOT lift anything with them, they screw me up on every single lift. Most guys wait around for a bench - I wait around for the bar that you're benching with. True story =(

Also, @decaf where is the rugby thread??
Prev 1 639 640 641 642 643 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.