• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:09
CEST 22:09
KST 05:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7966 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 61

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 730 Next
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
February 04 2011 00:04 GMT
#1201
Thanks for that video btw too.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 04 2011 04:54 GMT
#1202
On February 04 2011 08:46 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 08:44 RowdierBob wrote:
I don't use the pad perse, just my gym towel...

Haha I never knew it was that big a deal. I just find it's easier on my back/neck. Guess I better start trying squats without...


Well, it shouldn't be a problem in the first place. You and others might benefit from this video:



About this video... any comments on head position? I'm pretty sure SS says to have a slightly downward look?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 04 2011 05:32 GMT
#1203
I have heard looking up or looking straight, but never looking down.

I have been cleared to snatch and clean and jerk . Did some light work today since I had a busy day. Snatch 50 3x3 and clean and jerk 60 2x3 . Went really light since I had like less than 30 mins and wanted just to test to see if I had any pain.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 06:51:19
February 04 2011 06:51 GMT
#1204
On February 04 2011 13:54 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 08:46 sJarl wrote:
On February 04 2011 08:44 RowdierBob wrote:
I don't use the pad perse, just my gym towel...

Haha I never knew it was that big a deal. I just find it's easier on my back/neck. Guess I better start trying squats without...


Well, it shouldn't be a problem in the first place. You and others might benefit from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF9QD7oCIA


About this video... any comments on head position? I'm pretty sure SS says to have a slightly downward look?


Rippetoe doesn't say to always look down. He argues that your neck should be aligned with your spine through the whole movement. For some people, this is down. For others, this is slightly down. Yet for others, this is straight.

For me, I don't need to look down to enable the hip drive, so I just look straight. It helps me keep my form right to watch myself do it in the mirror.

Today's lifts:

Squat: 101kg x 4 x 4 x 4 (WTF)
Bench: 85kg x5x3 (way too easy.. I think dips are helping me a lot here)
Chin: 10kg x5x3 (easy)
Dip: 5kg x5x2

Squat today was pretty terrible. I'm actually a bit embarrassed that 101kg was that hard for me because about 1.5 months ago I was doing 120kg. I'll try it again on Sunday.
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
February 04 2011 08:25 GMT
#1205
Ladies and gents, need to ask 2 specific questions about Paleo;

1: A friend of mine went all ranty/whiney about how it's bad to do a 'low/no carb' diet such as this, and then wouldn't shutup about how good carbs are for your body "especially in the morning". Can you please clarify a) Should I just totally avoid grains OVERALL, or should I have like... some toast for breakfast/something like that? and b) If no, what are the options for getting carbs if they are actually required, albeit in a very small portion?

2: According to someone else (god I love 'rumour' and shit like this) if you fully do drop wheat from your diet, you can become very intolerant over time. Is this true?

I'm on day 3 of paleo, doing well so far to keep away from grain/dairy IMHO

Cheers
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 08:44:04
February 04 2011 08:43 GMT
#1206
On February 04 2011 17:25 Duckvillelol wrote:
Ladies and gents, need to ask 2 specific questions about Paleo;

1: A friend of mine went all ranty/whiney about how it's bad to do a 'low/no carb' diet such as this, and then wouldn't shutup about how good carbs are for your body "especially in the morning". Can you please clarify a) Should I just totally avoid grains OVERALL, or should I have like... some toast for breakfast/something like that? and b) If no, what are the options for getting carbs if they are actually required, albeit in a very small portion?

2: According to someone else (god I love 'rumour' and shit like this) if you fully do drop wheat from your diet, you can become very intolerant over time. Is this true?

I'm on day 3 of paleo, doing well so far to keep away from grain/dairy IMHO

Cheers


1. Your friend is wrong. Don't let him/her have control over your diet.

The only good carbs are vegetable and fruit (in moderation for fruit!) carbs. Grains contain gluten which leads to inflammation (a cause of most serious disease), insulin (which has an enormous effect on your body fat levels) spikes, poor leptin (the chemical that tells you you're full) response, and plenty of other nasty things. People always push this "carbs give us energy" thing, which may be true, but they do it no better than fats or proteins. They also talk about how much fiber complex carbs have, and to that I say just compare things like avocados and tomatoes to bran cereal and see what the good source of fiber is...

Essentially, there is nothing you can get from complex carbs that you can't get elsewhere in the diet. That, and they are largely damaging. Gotta get off dem carbs.

2. Hard to say. You see, it's estimated that about 50% of Americans have some form of gluten intolerance... if you are one of these people (like me), the question is irrelevant: they are bad and they will stay bad. I've read that eating wheat regularly can screw with your tolerance, and I've also read that your tolerance can lower by avoiding carbs for a long time.

If you want a convincing argument for paleo, read Robb Wolf's book. You're off to a good start it seems.

The best thing about paleo is that after a week on it, your actual desire to consume carbs goes down. For me, my skin gets clear after about a week, my appetite is lower, and my body fat begins dropping pretty rapidly. I'm going to put a 100% effort into paleo without cheating for the next few weeks because I'm trying to hit about 12% body fat and I've really hit a hard plateau in my progress at 15%.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 09:32:47
February 04 2011 09:20 GMT
#1207
Oh my god. I got in to an argument over diet with some hot blonde chick at a party. Apparently she's a dietician major going into sports diet and she was flabbergasted that i was 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carb. "WAY TOO MUCH FAT"...*shows abs*...obviously too much fat. She tried to tell me how much more important back muscles were. Good thing i have none of those. She tried to bring up the "they only lived to 30 years" argument. And how saturated fats (from animals) and dietary cholesterol were going to leave me a fat mess with cardio vascular disease in 20 years. Pretty much just demolished all her arguments. As she left the party she asked me for my number. BOOM ROASTED. Sadly these are the people that will be educating our future athletes

Also, taking a week or so off snatching and jerking. My rear deltoid on my right side has been bothering me on and off for the last few weeks (months?). Probably overtrainining the fuck out of my shoulders considering they got very little work for half a year from injuries and then got slammed by snatching. Probably the reason i couldn't lock out 100 kg today even though i got 105 on monday T_T Cleaning 1.5xbw was an amazing feeling though, probably the only thing that could have made me feel better after failing so miserably at snatching. I'll probably just stick to a lot of cleans and squats this week, maybe some deadlifts for fun? :D

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
February 04 2011 09:26 GMT
#1208
On February 04 2011 17:43 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 17:25 Duckvillelol wrote:
Ladies and gents, need to ask 2 specific questions about Paleo;

1: A friend of mine went all ranty/whiney about how it's bad to do a 'low/no carb' diet such as this, and then wouldn't shutup about how good carbs are for your body "especially in the morning". Can you please clarify a) Should I just totally avoid grains OVERALL, or should I have like... some toast for breakfast/something like that? and b) If no, what are the options for getting carbs if they are actually required, albeit in a very small portion?

2: According to someone else (god I love 'rumour' and shit like this) if you fully do drop wheat from your diet, you can become very intolerant over time. Is this true?

I'm on day 3 of paleo, doing well so far to keep away from grain/dairy IMHO

Cheers


1. Your friend is wrong. Don't let him/her have control over your diet.

The only good carbs are vegetable and fruit (in moderation for fruit!) carbs. Grains contain gluten which leads to inflammation (a cause of most serious disease), insulin (which has an enormous effect on your body fat levels) spikes, poor leptin (the chemical that tells you you're full) response, and plenty of other nasty things. People always push this "carbs give us energy" thing, which may be true, but they do it no better than fats or proteins. They also talk about how much fiber complex carbs have, and to that I say just compare things like avocados and tomatoes to bran cereal and see what the good source of fiber is...

Essentially, there is nothing you can get from complex carbs that you can't get elsewhere in the diet. That, and they are largely damaging. Gotta get off dem carbs.

2. Hard to say. You see, it's estimated that about 50% of Americans have some form of gluten intolerance... if you are one of these people (like me), the question is irrelevant: they are bad and they will stay bad. I've read that eating wheat regularly can screw with your tolerance, and I've also read that your tolerance can lower by avoiding carbs for a long time.

If you want a convincing argument for paleo, read Robb Wolf's book. You're off to a good start it seems.

The best thing about paleo is that after a week on it, your actual desire to consume carbs goes down. For me, my skin gets clear after about a week, my appetite is lower, and my body fat begins dropping pretty rapidly. I'm going to put a 100% effort into paleo without cheating for the next few weeks because I'm trying to hit about 12% body fat and I've really hit a hard plateau in my progress at 15%.



Yeah, I'm not - even with this diet idea, I didn't just change over to it because everyone in this thread raves about it - I took that into account along with doing some reading and to be honest - it just seems completely logical to me :S

I did think she was wrong, if I read correctly, the carbs that come from fruit/veg are "fibre" based carbs which are actually more useful than the normal style of carbs?

As for "so far" - I've been doing alright (only 3 days, nothing to crow about I guess) - Usually have berries + coconut milk for breakfast, salad + some meat for lunch, and I've generally had some heavy meat with raw veg for dinner.

Thanks for the info
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 10:26:04
February 04 2011 09:38 GMT
#1209
On February 04 2011 18:20 decafchicken wrote:
Oh my god. I got in to an argument over diet with some hot blonde chick at a party. Apparently she's a dietician major going into sports diet and she was flabbergasted that i was 50% fat, 30% protein, 20% carb. "WAY TOO MUCH FAT"...*shows abs*...obviously too much fat. She tried to tell me how much more important back muscles were. Good thing i have none of those. She tried to bring up the "they only lived to 30 years" argument. And how saturated fats (from animals) and dietary cholesterol were going to leave me a fat mess with cardio vascular disease in 20 years. Pretty much just demolished all her arguments. As she left the party she asked me for my number. BOOM ROASTED. Sadly these are the people that will be educating our future athletes

Also, taking a week or so off snatching and jerking. My rear deltoid on my right side has been bothering me on and off for the last few weeks (months?). Probably overtrainining the fuck out of my shoulders considering they got very little work for half a year from injuries and then got slammed by snatching. Probably the reason i couldn't lock out 100 kg today even though i got 105 on monday T_T Cleaning 1.5xbw was an amazing feeling though, probably the only thing that could have made me feel better after failing so miserably at snatching. I'll probably just stick to a lot of cleans and squats this week, maybe some deadlifts for fun? :D



rofl...i bet she wants to do some experiments on you aswell.

ps. abs fried after one good dragonflag attempt...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 04 2011 10:46 GMT
#1210
I believe people slander carbs too much, citing insulin spikes and a whole variety of other health problems. Obviously, for processed garbage quality carbs, I completely agree. On wheat, there seems to be a lot of allergy research that has merit. But as long as you stick to good clean carb sources like pure oats and brown rice, you won't spike your insulin (as long as you're a 'normal' person). While I love the idea of a Paleo diet and the way it bases your diet around meat and fruit/veggies which I believe are the staples of any good diet, there are simply some sources of carbs I will never cut out because I don't believe they are harmful.
Not trying to start a debate here, just my two cents.

Incidentally, anyone able to give me an answer for counting rice calories? My brown rice pack reads approx ~340kcal / 100grams (~75g carb, 5g protein, 4g fat). Is this value after it's been cooked/boiled, eg with higher water content? Or is this value for the uncooked?
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
February 04 2011 10:49 GMT
#1211
On February 04 2011 13:54 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 08:46 sJarl wrote:
On February 04 2011 08:44 RowdierBob wrote:
I don't use the pad perse, just my gym towel...

Haha I never knew it was that big a deal. I just find it's easier on my back/neck. Guess I better start trying squats without...


Well, it shouldn't be a problem in the first place. You and others might benefit from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF9QD7oCIA


About this video... any comments on head position? I'm pretty sure SS says to have a slightly downward look?


I noticed that too. Rippetoe teaches to "fix the eyes on a position on the floor five or six feet in front of you." Jim Wendler (also a member of EFS) teaches "your eyes should be directed straight ahead or just slightly downward." Both specifically caution against looking up the ceiling so it seems like that is what you really need to avoid. As long as you aren't looking at your feet or the ceiling, anywhere reasonable in between is likely fine (or at least one of these guys is full of shit).
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 04 2011 12:40 GMT
#1212
On February 04 2011 07:48 Energies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 00:30 funkie wrote:
On February 03 2011 21:43 Energies wrote:
What's your height and weight funkie?


1.68cm (i've actually grown 2cm's ;D) and 73-74kg why ;o.


We're kind of similar, I'm about 170-172cm and currently 77kg but I'm easily 4-5kg overweight right now.

I guarantee you at your size you'll still be able to lift a shit ton before you cap out.


Heh Thanks.

I've started doing cleans, as a result My squat form and weight has improved a shitton!.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
February 04 2011 13:21 GMT
#1213
Well, I've reclaimed my manhood. Took off the vag-pad (towel) today, got the bar positioned properly and everything went fine. Got through 5x3 at 100kgs with no dramas. Hopefully I can hit up around 115 again and power through.

I'm getting much better at powercleans too. Did 50kgs today and it was no problem at all.

SS definintely gets more fun/motivating once the weights you lift stack up.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 04 2011 13:38 GMT
#1214
On February 04 2011 22:21 RowdierBob wrote:
Well, I've reclaimed my manhood. Took off the vag-pad (towel) today, got the bar positioned properly and everything went fine. Got through 5x3 at 100kgs with no dramas. Hopefully I can hit up around 115 again and power through.

I'm getting much better at powercleans too. Did 50kgs today and it was no problem at all.

SS definintely gets more fun/motivating once the weights you lift stack up.


Well done! Don't be afraid to chalk up your back if you feel like the bar is slipping (and don't ever go squatting in a polyester shirt or something similar to that!)

Getting your numbers up is one of the most motivating things you can ever find in life. It gets addicting though
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 04 2011 14:21 GMT
#1215
On February 04 2011 22:21 RowdierBob wrote:
Well, I've reclaimed my manhood. Took off the vag-pad (towel) today, got the bar positioned properly and everything went fine. Got through 5x3 at 100kgs with no dramas. Hopefully I can hit up around 115 again and power through.

I'm getting much better at powercleans too. Did 50kgs today and it was no problem at all.

SS definintely gets more fun/motivating once the weights you lift stack up.



So. How's squatting 2 plates working for you bro? :D

Edit: Today I'm going to be the best possible douche ever. There's this so called "trainer" at the gym, the guy is big shit, but does too much curling and too little squatting, and when he says he does squat, he totally doesn't.

He's always been a bitch with me and my deadlfting practices. He always bitchs "Use a belt, you're going to wreck your back, take advice, not gonna tell you again". Today, I'm going to load up 120kg (hopefully), Lift that shit, and while the weight is up, imma call him and ask, "How's this for not using a belt?" .

yay or nay fellow ss friends?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 04 2011 14:31 GMT
#1216
On February 04 2011 23:21 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 22:21 RowdierBob wrote:
Well, I've reclaimed my manhood. Took off the vag-pad (towel) today, got the bar positioned properly and everything went fine. Got through 5x3 at 100kgs with no dramas. Hopefully I can hit up around 115 again and power through.

I'm getting much better at powercleans too. Did 50kgs today and it was no problem at all.

SS definintely gets more fun/motivating once the weights you lift stack up.



So. How's squatting 2 plates working for you bro? :D

Edit: Today I'm going to be the best possible douche ever. There's this so called "trainer" at the gym, the guy is big shit, but does too much curling and too little squatting, and when he says he does squat, he totally doesn't.

He's always been a bitch with me and my deadlfting practices. He always bitchs "Use a belt, you're going to wreck your back, take advice, not gonna tell you again". Today, I'm going to load up 120kg (hopefully), Lift that shit, and while the weight is up, imma call him and ask, "How's this for not using a belt?" .

yay or nay fellow ss friends?


I'd say 120 is too low to break his balls. Train up to 200 and then kick his ass.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
February 04 2011 14:40 GMT
#1217
Yadda yadda yadda~

Shit happened...now I'm tight on money...couldn't renew my gym membership...switched over to body weight work out, which is cool because that's how I started working out in the first place.

So I've been doing pull ups and dips lately. My "supposed" record for both was 22 and 40 respectively, but that was years ago when I had shitty form so it looked like I was having a seizure on the bars rather than actually doing the exercise. Legitimately, with proper form, my record is 12 pull ups and 18 dips. Currently I am at 9 pull ups and 15 dips. My goal is to match my personal record by the mid-Feburary and then hit 15 pull ups and 25 dips by the end of March.

Also some late term goals I have are to be able to do a planche push up, the flag thingy, and a one armed pull up. I'll probably get around starting these at mid to late spring. Although I probably wont be able to achieve them until after a few years. No matter, that's why they're long term goals.

Oh! And some of my elementary school students were touching my arm and were all amazed at how hard it was. Hehehe~ I love getting these kinds of compliments~
this is my quote.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 04 2011 14:49 GMT
#1218
On February 04 2011 23:40 Ozarugold wrote:
Yadda yadda yadda~

Shit happened...now I'm tight on money...couldn't renew my gym membership...switched over to body weight work out, which is cool because that's how I started working out in the first place.

So I've been doing pull ups and dips lately. My "supposed" record for both was 22 and 40 respectively, but that was years ago when I had shitty form so it looked like I was having a seizure on the bars rather than actually doing the exercise. Legitimately, with proper form, my record is 12 pull ups and 18 dips. Currently I am at 9 pull ups and 15 dips. My goal is to match my personal record by the mid-Feburary and then hit 15 pull ups and 25 dips by the end of March.

Also some late term goals I have are to be able to do a planche push up, the flag thingy, and a one armed pull up. I'll probably get around starting these at mid to late spring. Although I probably wont be able to achieve them until after a few years. No matter, that's why they're long term goals.

Oh! And some of my elementary school students were touching my arm and were all amazed at how hard it was. Hehehe~ I love getting these kinds of compliments~


I SEE WHAT YOU DID THUUURR
[image loading]

:D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 14:56:58
February 04 2011 14:52 GMT
#1219
I agree with sJarl. I can almost deadlift 120, you're better than that funkie. Wait until what you're lifting will really bust him to do it, this chance wont come around twice.

So it seems like every time i do power cleans, i have a ridiculous sore spot on my chest afterwards. Obviously its from clocking myself with a barbell, but is that just something i get used to over time, or is it an indication that I'm doing something wrong? Spot is dead in the middle off my chest, and I'm talking sore enough that it hurts to have the weight of my necklace set on it.

Seems like the more I lift, the more aware I am of how far I still have to go. Now that i start to see traps, I realize im missing rear delts. Now that i have some pecs, I notice that they could be doing a lot better. Now that my squat and deadlift have broken 200, but my bench is still stuck, i'm all the more pissed at my bench. This is a vicious cycle that will never be stopped. Good thing I love going to the gym, and it's good for me, or we might need an intervention here.

funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 04 2011 15:02 GMT
#1220
On February 04 2011 23:52 phyre112 wrote:
I agree with sJarl. I can almost deadlift 120, you're better than that funkie. Wait until what you're lifting will really bust him to do it, this chance wont come around twice.

So it seems like every time i do power cleans, i have a ridiculous sore spot on my chest afterwards. Obviously its from clocking myself with a barbell, but is that just something i get used to over time, or is it an indication that I'm doing something wrong? Spot is dead in the middle off my chest, and I'm talking sore enough that it hurts to have the weight of my necklace set on it.

Seems like the more I lift, the more aware I am of how far I still have to go. Now that i start to see traps, I realize im missing rear delts. Now that i have some pecs, I notice that they could be doing a lot better. Now that my squat and deadlift have broken 200, but my bench is still stuck, i'm all the more pissed at my bench. This is a vicious cycle that will never be stopped. Good thing I love going to the gym, and it's good for me, or we might need an intervention here.



Your power cleans should be "ending" in your shoulders, not in your necklace brah.

Trust me, I know, I'm still sore from doing 60kg powercleans ;D.

<3 the gym, it's such a good place to like feel awesome for a while, and then enjoy the benefits of being healthy and strong as girls touch your body and tell you shit like "omg, i love your legs", "why are you so hard all around, I love it!" :D!

adsfasdfasdfiajosdfjasdjiofasi madnesssssss
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 51m
Stellar Fest
16h 51m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.