• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8993 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 62

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 730 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 04 2011 15:33 GMT
#1221
On February 05 2011 00:02 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 23:52 phyre112 wrote:
I agree with sJarl. I can almost deadlift 120, you're better than that funkie. Wait until what you're lifting will really bust him to do it, this chance wont come around twice.

So it seems like every time i do power cleans, i have a ridiculous sore spot on my chest afterwards. Obviously its from clocking myself with a barbell, but is that just something i get used to over time, or is it an indication that I'm doing something wrong? Spot is dead in the middle off my chest, and I'm talking sore enough that it hurts to have the weight of my necklace set on it.

Seems like the more I lift, the more aware I am of how far I still have to go. Now that i start to see traps, I realize im missing rear delts. Now that i have some pecs, I notice that they could be doing a lot better. Now that my squat and deadlift have broken 200, but my bench is still stuck, i'm all the more pissed at my bench. This is a vicious cycle that will never be stopped. Good thing I love going to the gym, and it's good for me, or we might need an intervention here.



"why are you so hard I love it!" :D!



i see what you did there....
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-04 17:00:55
February 04 2011 16:59 GMT
#1222
It does rest along my shoulders, but it also rests along the center of my chest. I suppose I'm pushing it out a little bit, in order to get my elbows up at the end. When I do the Power Clean in a way I think of as "right" the bar is resting on both of my shoulders and the middle of my chest about equally, and my hands are just outside of my shoulders, stopping the bar from rolling at all.

[image loading]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

box is where the bar is resting, X marks the spot where I'm sore. Should the bar actually ONLY be on my shoulders?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 04 2011 17:41 GMT
#1223
YES. IT SHOULD BE ONLY ON YOUR SHOULDERS.

I think the bar is resting awkwardly low. It should be a bit higher. If I can, I'll get a video today of a Power clean of mine and see how it compares to yours.

Try to get a video too. just in case .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
February 04 2011 18:19 GMT
#1224
http://bcove.me/k7h67tnh heres what ur looking for i believe

that california strength site is awesome, im gonna try to teach myself cleans/snatches now lol.
aka DragOn[NaS]
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 05 2011 04:44 GMT
#1225
I was thinking today about how exercise programming is a lot like poker.... haha. I guess a lot like SC2 as well. Lots of great analogies.

If you can't figure out why then poo on you. :p
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
February 05 2011 05:56 GMT
#1226
On February 04 2011 23:49 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 23:40 Ozarugold wrote:
Yadda yadda yadda~

Shit happened...now I'm tight on money...couldn't renew my gym membership...switched over to body weight work out, which is cool because that's how I started working out in the first place.

So I've been doing pull ups and dips lately. My "supposed" record for both was 22 and 40 respectively, but that was years ago when I had shitty form so it looked like I was having a seizure on the bars rather than actually doing the exercise. Legitimately, with proper form, my record is 12 pull ups and 18 dips. Currently I am at 9 pull ups and 15 dips. My goal is to match my personal record by the mid-Feburary and then hit 15 pull ups and 25 dips by the end of March.

Also some late term goals I have are to be able to do a planche push up, the flag thingy, and a one armed pull up. I'll probably get around starting these at mid to late spring. Although I probably wont be able to achieve them until after a few years. No matter, that's why they're long term goals.

Oh! And some of my elementary school students were touching my arm and were all amazed at how hard it was. Hehehe~ I love getting these kinds of compliments~


I SEE WHAT YOU DID THUUURR
[image loading]

:D

-_- ;; Really?

Well anyways, anybody know how strong you have to be to be able to do a planche push up? Like would being able to bench twice your bodyweight be strong enough?
this is my quote.
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 05 2011 06:25 GMT
#1227
On February 05 2011 14:56 Ozarugold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2011 23:49 funkie wrote:
On February 04 2011 23:40 Ozarugold wrote:
Yadda yadda yadda~

Shit happened...now I'm tight on money...couldn't renew my gym membership...switched over to body weight work out, which is cool because that's how I started working out in the first place.

So I've been doing pull ups and dips lately. My "supposed" record for both was 22 and 40 respectively, but that was years ago when I had shitty form so it looked like I was having a seizure on the bars rather than actually doing the exercise. Legitimately, with proper form, my record is 12 pull ups and 18 dips. Currently I am at 9 pull ups and 15 dips. My goal is to match my personal record by the mid-Feburary and then hit 15 pull ups and 25 dips by the end of March.

Also some late term goals I have are to be able to do a planche push up, the flag thingy, and a one armed pull up. I'll probably get around starting these at mid to late spring. Although I probably wont be able to achieve them until after a few years. No matter, that's why they're long term goals.

Oh! And some of my elementary school students were touching my arm and were all amazed at how hard it was. Hehehe~ I love getting these kinds of compliments~


I SEE WHAT YOU DID THUUURR
[image loading]

:D

-_- ;; Really?

Well anyways, anybody know how strong you have to be to be able to do a planche push up? Like would being able to bench twice your bodyweight be strong enough?


I think you would need at least a 2xbw bench. However, there's a lot of shoulder and core strength that you'll be missing if you're immediately trying to go from bench to planche.

decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 08:38:49
February 05 2011 08:16 GMT
#1228
On February 05 2011 13:44 eshlow wrote:
I was thinking today about how exercise programming is a lot like poker.... haha. I guess a lot like SC2 as well. Lots of great analogies.

If you can't figure out why then poo on you. :p


hahahahah oh eshlow too funny ^_^ Lifting is way easier and better than poker. Poker is too much thinking and not enough being awesome.

got a nosebleed today T_T in the middle of cleaning (light)? probably dehydrated + dry skin. it's hard to lift the day after drinking Oh well i mostly need to rest my shoulder (i think) i think i strained or overtrained or some shit my rear deltoid. On the bright side another person actually told me to my face "i was going to fight whoever it was, then i saw it was you so i decided not to". sup ^_^ i was wearing a jacket too so i didnt even look big or anything?

and funkie get real, 120kg is good for your bw but you're not gonna scare anyone out of the gym with that shit. One of the guys i lift with was telling me about a cuban who called him a "lesbian" (he didnt know what it meant) so he challenged him to a squat off, so he did 3x475 @ a bw of 175 and fred lowe came (1970's olympian guy that lifted against dimsum) who squatted 600 (while lifting at 77kg class). Cuban guy never came back. thats the kind of shit you gotta throw down.

...now if you deadlift 120kg and then hang clean i think you have every right to throw his ass out of the gym
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 05 2011 08:38 GMT
#1229
On February 04 2011 22:21 RowdierBob wrote:
Well, I've reclaimed my manhood. Took off the vag-pad (towel) today, got the bar positioned properly and everything went fine. Got through 5x3 at 100kgs with no dramas. Hopefully I can hit up around 115 again and power through.

I'm getting much better at powercleans too. Did 50kgs today and it was no problem at all.

SS definintely gets more fun/motivating once the weights you lift stack up.


i <3 you again
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
February 05 2011 08:53 GMT
#1230
On February 05 2011 17:16 decafchicken wrote:


hahahahah oh eshlow too funny ^_^ Lifting is way easier and better than poker. Poker is too much thinking and not enough being awesome.




He's totally right though... otherwise intelligent people can be complete morons when it comes to exercise program design or poker. The people who know the least about either tend to insist they know the most.
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 05 2011 09:18 GMT
#1231
On February 05 2011 17:16 decafchicken wrote:
it's hard to lift the day after drinking


tell me about it :/
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 05 2011 09:27 GMT
#1232
On February 05 2011 18:18 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 17:16 decafchicken wrote:
it's hard to lift the day after drinking


tell me about it :/


Amen.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 05 2011 09:36 GMT
#1233
Abs are starting to come through, will have mass homo pics in the next 6-8 weeks.

funkie, I deadlift about 160kg and still I never try and compete with that at the gym. I'm also contempt knowing I'll probably never get to the numbers decaf and shallow can get to. I don't think it really matters mate, I have had days where I have gone in and had 60kg on the squat rack and didn't care what people thought.

There is a guy that comes in, admittedly he's twice my size. He loads 5 plates on each side with no straps or chalk, he then does like 8 reps at which point he's sufficiently warmed up so he goes to the cardio section pics up all the fat people, throws them on the squat rack and then squats the squat rack. There is always going to be a bunch of those guys around ;(.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 12:15:18
February 05 2011 12:14 GMT
#1234
Just thought to tell you that posts on page 62 in last years topic are dated in late june...the activity in this thread has gone through the roof!

ps. not looking towards today's deadlift....117,5kg x 20 is not appealing.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
February 05 2011 13:26 GMT
#1235
yeah it's always refreshing to know that whenever i check out TL after work this thread always appears in the "top 5" recent list (or whatever you call it) in the community section. this thread has been really active lately.

on another note, i downed like 15 oreo cookies and had 2 glasses of milk to go with it. damn those oreos. i feel so bloated now
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 05 2011 13:45 GMT
#1236
thank you for the best idea of preworkout meal i've had in a long time!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 05 2011 13:59 GMT
#1237
squatted 85kg this morning even though I was slightly hungover and tired! zeroing in on my old squatting PR (87.5). starting strength ftw!

now I gotta make sure to rest and eat tons of food over the weekend so I can get 90kg on monday. 2 plates here I fucking come!!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 05 2011 14:02 GMT
#1238
On February 05 2011 21:14 sJarl wrote:117,5kg x 20 is not appealing.


whaaaaa

have fun...
BetterFasterStronger
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States604 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 14:10:10
February 05 2011 14:08 GMT
#1239
how in the fuck is bodybuilding.com not recommended lol...

But the cool thing is I already started a supplement company / fitness website that plans to be involved in eSports. We've already talked to incontrol a bit about it.
Top 200 as Protoss - Switched to Terran. 0-30 against EGiNcontroL... God damnet
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 05 2011 14:20 GMT
#1240
On February 05 2011 23:02 vicariouscheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2011 21:14 sJarl wrote:117,5kg x 20 is not appealing.


whaaaaa

have fun...


Thanks. I've been doing plenty of high rep deadlifts. Great for conditioning

@BetterFasterStronger: I don't know why it isn't but most of the time it is filled with idiots. At least that is why I stopped going there...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 11m
INu's Battles
15h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.