• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8507 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 64

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 730 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 05 2011 22:19 GMT
#1261
On February 06 2011 06:52 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 06:39 sJarl wrote:
On February 05 2011 22:26 unknown.sam wrote:

on another note, i downed like 15 oreo cookies and had 2 glasses of milk to go with it. damn those oreos. i feel so bloated now


Worst idea in a long time to copy this feat...bloated as hell during the workout! Loads of energy though.

Today's workout:

Deadlift: 117,5kg x 20.

One session left (125kg x 20) until í start Coan-Philippi and things get tough for realz.

ps. have I ever told you how awesome my gym is? Today I found the strongman "floor". Basicly it is a whole floor dedicated to training athletes for strongmen competitions. It has like 6 huge aluminium blocks to press overhead (the lightest one I think is around 70kg), atlas stones (starting at 90kg) and pedestals to place them on, a PROWLER <3 <3 <3 and even a keg throwing stand. To finish it up there are sleds, farmers walk handles, a 400-500kg tyre to flip and more

I'm sooo in love. Only thing I need to hide somewhere inside the gym is a foam roller and my life will be complete.


can I move to Iceland with you?, I'll do the cooking and cleaning for both of us xD

I think we can find a way to make it work
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
metzGRR
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden86 Posts
February 05 2011 22:31 GMT
#1262
Im currently working on my biceps, but after workouts my muscles never feel sore, is this normal? Im doing 12x4 sets with the heaviest dumbells I can handle, then 5-10 min break, then repeat. Should I change something to ensure my muscles go sore after workouts or should I just accept it?
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
February 05 2011 22:34 GMT
#1263
On February 06 2011 07:02 Warrior Madness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 00:08 Nazarene wrote:
My lower back is bothering me (hurts to squat, strange). Any exercise suggestions to rehab your lower back?


Is it just sore or do you feel a shooting pain?


It's a shooting pain, which is why I don't like it... unfortunately I've tried it before, but I was never able to figure out what I was doing wrong ;<
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 05 2011 22:59 GMT
#1264
On February 06 2011 07:19 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 06:52 funkie wrote:
On February 06 2011 06:39 sJarl wrote:
On February 05 2011 22:26 unknown.sam wrote:

on another note, i downed like 15 oreo cookies and had 2 glasses of milk to go with it. damn those oreos. i feel so bloated now


Worst idea in a long time to copy this feat...bloated as hell during the workout! Loads of energy though.

Today's workout:

Deadlift: 117,5kg x 20.

One session left (125kg x 20) until í start Coan-Philippi and things get tough for realz.

ps. have I ever told you how awesome my gym is? Today I found the strongman "floor". Basicly it is a whole floor dedicated to training athletes for strongmen competitions. It has like 6 huge aluminium blocks to press overhead (the lightest one I think is around 70kg), atlas stones (starting at 90kg) and pedestals to place them on, a PROWLER <3 <3 <3 and even a keg throwing stand. To finish it up there are sleds, farmers walk handles, a 400-500kg tyre to flip and more

I'm sooo in love. Only thing I need to hide somewhere inside the gym is a foam roller and my life will be complete.


can I move to Iceland with you?, I'll do the cooking and cleaning for both of us xD

I think we can find a way to make it work


ok.

Let me state beforehand that I don't do curls, costumes, or sexual favours.

just fyi .
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 05 2011 23:04 GMT
#1265
A friend got me to try taking magnesium before going to sleep. Dunno exactly what it is about them, but I sleep really fucking well now and it makes it impossible to get out of bed for morning class at least my workouts kick ass
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:10:30
February 05 2011 23:09 GMT
#1266
elbow is feeling bad

My workout was pretty good today. I back sqt for 140x3 then dropped to 130x5 for both pr. Its easy to pr when I never go over doubles. Then I did clean pulls off a block 140x3 then when just to regular deadlifts off blocks for 170x1. Then I dropped to 160x5.

I tried pistols jumps onto a elevated box after the workout. (some random video to show what it is.)

The box I had wasnt that high. Probably it was a little higher than my knee.

by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 05 2011 23:15 GMT
#1267
On February 06 2011 07:34 Nazarene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 07:02 Warrior Madness wrote:
On February 06 2011 00:08 Nazarene wrote:
My lower back is bothering me (hurts to squat, strange). Any exercise suggestions to rehab your lower back?


Is it just sore or do you feel a shooting pain?


It's a shooting pain, which is why I don't like it... unfortunately I've tried it before, but I was never able to figure out what I was doing wrong ;<


Did you read the link I posted

On February 06 2011 07:31 metzGRR wrote:
Im currently working on my biceps, but after workouts my muscles never feel sore, is this normal? Im doing 12x4 sets with the heaviest dumbells I can handle, then 5-10 min break, then repeat. Should I change something to ensure my muscles go sore after workouts or should I just accept it?


Soreness is not indicative of progress. If you are progressing then you are doing fine.......

although why are you doing biceps curls?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
February 05 2011 23:22 GMT
#1268
@ Warrior Madness
thanks for sharing that link, Ive had cramping problems in my feet, and sometimes legs/glutes also, for my entire life. I didnt know magnesium was so helpful O.o, I need to make sure I get it every night now for sure..:D
aka DragOn[NaS]
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 05 2011 23:33 GMT
#1269
On February 06 2011 08:09 AoN.DimSum wrote:
elbow is feeling bad

My workout was pretty good today. I back sqt for 140x3 then dropped to 130x5 for both pr. Its easy to pr when I never go over doubles. Then I did clean pulls off a block 140x3 then when just to regular deadlifts off blocks for 170x1. Then I dropped to 160x5.

I tried pistols jumps onto a elevated box after the workout. (some random video to show what it is.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpIHdWX6bVs
The box I had wasnt that high. Probably it was a little higher than my knee.



kg's or lb's :o
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
metzGRR
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden86 Posts
February 05 2011 23:36 GMT
#1270
On February 06 2011 08:15 eshlow wrote:
Soreness is not indicative of progress. If you are progressing then you are doing fine.......

although why are you doing biceps curls?


I know this. I am making progress, what I want to know is if I would be making more progress if I was sore/tired in my muscles after my workouts. I am looking for optimization.

I suspect you ask why im doing bicep curls because theres better exercises which also trains shoulders/chest at the same time. Just trust me, Im doing it for a good reason.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 05 2011 23:41 GMT
#1271
On February 06 2011 08:36 metzGRR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:15 eshlow wrote:
Soreness is not indicative of progress. If you are progressing then you are doing fine.......

although why are you doing biceps curls?


I know this. I am making progress, what I want to know is if I would be making more progress if I was sore/tired in my muscles after my workouts. I am looking for optimization.

I suspect you ask why im doing bicep curls because theres better exercises which also trains shoulders/chest at the same time. Just trust me, Im doing it for a good reason.


I don't think you would. Soreness comes for me if it has been a long time since I did a specific exercise but then stoppes after 1-3 sessions.

But I sure hope you are doing BB curls!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 05 2011 23:54 GMT
#1272
as long as I workout the same muscle/lift within a week, i don't experience much or any soreness. if it goes longer, thats when you experience it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 05 2011 23:55 GMT
#1273
Btw if anyone have good training hall videos please post them. I am currently watching californiastrength(http://www.youtube.com/user/californiastrength) and club fortius(http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubFortius).
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 06 2011 00:11 GMT
#1274
are almonds good?

is this something I can eat..and eat and eat? =o?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 06 2011 00:12 GMT
#1275
Missed the gym today... fell asleep, then we lost power so no alarm clock, then i went grocery shopping and it started to freeZing rain. Still freezing rain, and noe there's just no time anyway. I'll have to go tomorrow to make up for it - at least in the meantime I'll be eating healthy.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:18:10
February 06 2011 00:16 GMT
#1276
On February 06 2011 08:22 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
@ Warrior Madness
thanks for sharing that link, Ive had cramping problems in my feet, and sometimes legs/glutes also, for my entire life. I didnt know magnesium was so helpful O.o, I need to make sure I get it every night now for sure..:D


Tell me about it... I've been suffering from muscle spasms and twitching for the past few years. My eyelids would twitch and so would muscles all over my body. I thought it was just normal. Found out about magnesium supplementation because I started the paleo diet, did some more research about it and got a blood test and tracked my magnesium intake using fitday. By all measures I was only getting something like 20% of the RDA.

I also used to suffer a lot from migraines, particularly after exercises. I thought it was just because I wasn't getting enough carbs, that I was hypoglycemic. Eating carbs would not allieviate the pain. Nor would taking 500mg of acetametophin. Turns out the magnesium defeciency was the cause of that too. It's been shown in clinic research to reduce the frequency in migraneurs by 50%. Migraines aren't as frequent as they used to be. And when they do come they usually disappear in an hour after I take a teaspoon of mag. So yeah I recommend Natural Calm. Take about 600-1500mg daily. Your body absorbs about half of that and an active male needs about 600mg. Take it before or after you exercise as you lose minerals when you sweat.

On February 06 2011 07:34 Nazarene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 07:02 Warrior Madness wrote:
On February 06 2011 00:08 Nazarene wrote:
My lower back is bothering me (hurts to squat, strange). Any exercise suggestions to rehab your lower back?


Is it just sore or do you feel a shooting pain?


It's a shooting pain, which is why I don't like it... unfortunately I've tried it before, but I was never able to figure out what I was doing wrong ;<


I recommend the stretches that have been posted already. And taking mag supplements. At the very least they will alleviate the pain and relax the muscles in your back. If it's a stabbing, burning pain then I'd say stop exercising and get it looked at before you continue.

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
February 06 2011 00:35 GMT
#1277
Decaf, you seen this?

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:56:16
February 06 2011 00:39 GMT
#1278
@Energies hahaha yeah that shit's hilarious :D

On February 06 2011 08:36 metzGRR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:15 eshlow wrote:
Soreness is not indicative of progress. If you are progressing then you are doing fine.......

although why are you doing biceps curls?


I know this. I am making progress, what I want to know is if I would be making more progress if I was sore/tired in my muscles after my workouts. I am looking for optimization.

I suspect you ask why im doing bicep curls because theres better exercises which also trains shoulders/chest at the same time. Just trust me, Im doing it for a good reason.


You say that but i have yet to hear a convincing argument for them... :-p
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
metzGRR
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden86 Posts
February 06 2011 00:51 GMT
#1279
On February 06 2011 09:39 decafchicken wrote:
You say that but i have yet to here a convincing argument for them... :-p


Maybe I like to do curls in front of the tv, or maybe I lack equipment, or maybe I have health conditions which prevents me from doing certain exercises, or maybe its an aesthetic choice, or maybe im a hardcore bodybuilder.

Point is, it dossent matter, I have my reasons. Im just trying to avoid getting into an useless argument.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 00:59:29
February 06 2011 00:57 GMT
#1280
then why did u even mention it in the first place lol

kg funkie :D
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.