• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8131 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 66

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 730 Next
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 06 2011 06:00 GMT
#1301
On February 06 2011 14:54 Alexson wrote:
Eating junk food and lots of protein while bulking is good right..? cause it shouldn't matter where your calories come from..


A calorie is not just a calorie.

With that said, dirty bulking works fine. You'll get more fat on you while on a dirty bulk, but if that's not a concern for you, it's easier to do than a clean bulk.
FyRe_DragOn
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada2057 Posts
February 06 2011 06:18 GMT
#1302
lol "dirty bulking" :p

thnx for the explanation eshlow! pretty much all my olympic lift questions are answered now, now i just have to learn them! :D
aka DragOn[NaS]
McKTenor13
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1383 Posts
February 06 2011 07:43 GMT
#1303
Tabletop
Age: 19 || Height: 5'11" || Weight: 225lbs.
Starting Date: 2/7/2011 || Goal Date: June 2011
Training goals --There is a half-marathon in Mid May that I want to complete. (dont care about the time, just completion) Id also like to lose roughly 40-50 lbs.
Nutrition goals -- No pop, no fast food, no sweets. they are an evil burden that is nearly impossible to escape.
Misc goals -- To fuckin catch em' all
If you can chill. chill. - Liquid'Tyler
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 06 2011 08:36 GMT
#1304
On February 06 2011 14:42 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 12:52 FyRe_DragOn wrote:
ahh ic so what are the advantages and disadvantages of doing the regular movements vs their power varieties?

it seems like the regular cleans/snatch/C&J would give you a more complete workout since ur doing pretty much a full squat during the movement. and the power varieties are more for assistance exercises for a program that already does some kind of squatting?


Power cleans is basically the low skilled version of the clean where you can get explosive training without the flexibility/mobility, time commitment, and likely thousands of hours of coaching you would need to get anywhere close to a good clean movement. Same with the snatch.

That's why you have most of hte power sports like football having their players do power cleans.... because their focus is not to lift heavy weights over their heads which you can lift more with a clean. Their focus is to get strong/explosive for football. So the lower skill version works fine for these types of purposes.

If you're interested in learning clean/snatch/etc the best analogy is basically that it's gymnastics with a barbell. It's like learning how to do handstands, flipping, tumbling, etc but with heavy weights.

You get strong and explosive.. and it requires good mobility and skill to do.

Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 12:59 decafchicken wrote:
The power movements works on explosiveness


lol, that wasnt a good answer... they both work explosiveness.

In fact, I'd say clean/snatch actually work more power than the power versions because you can lift heavier weights with each (therefore at set amount of reps you'll be more powerful/explosive with a heavier weight)


Haha yeah i was on my phone. What i meant to say was that they emphasize the second pull more as you need more speed/power to get the weight up higher. I do feel like the full clean and snatch are better but supplementing with the power versions is a good idea.

On February 06 2011 13:11 Warrior Madness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 12:59 decafchicken wrote:
The power movements works on explosiveness


Hey decaf I don't know if someone's asked already but do you work out your abs? If so, what kind of exercises do you do?


I don't do any ab specific work outside of maybe some planks to help with my SI joint. Clean and jerks + snatches + squats have given me, if i dare say so, a rather decent set of abs and overall core strength.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 06 2011 09:14 GMT
#1305
Got to feel all decaf tonight.

I was out at a private party with some friends. As we were leaving, some people we had turned away earlier (who ended up at a party next door) were also leaving. They decided to throw snowballs at us. Thinking it was good fun, I threw one back. Guy I threw it at got angry, tackled me in the middle of the street (remarkably cleanly I might add, wrapped me up right at mid thigh, I went straight down). After I was down, he tried to jump my buddy, I got up, pushed him away from my friend. He took a second look at me/us, and must not have liked what he was seeing, because he decided to pull right out of there afterwards. "That's our ride" were his words, to a parked car that had been there the whole time.

I may not be quite the physical specimen that I could be right now, but the extra pounds I've put on since august definitely came in handy. Originally, I wouldn't have been able to hit the kid backl, and I'd definitely have pushed my shoulder out of the socket falling on pavement. Padding, and a bit of bulk bros, I like it. Time for more working out, so they won't even be able to start that shit in the first place next time.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 06 2011 09:37 GMT
#1306
haha yeah its nice to have some extra muscle padding your words/actions :D
Some kids (friends of a friend so they were never gonna fight me) were drunkenly telling me "wow dude i'd never fuck with someone your size" which is weird for me because i never really saw myself as "that big guy" before now. I literally havent even put on weight in the last year. just gotten a lot wider from oly lifting. big traps and back = scary :D
Huge fucking cat fight. was hilarious. obviously all the guys tried to start shit, so i sat some some guy down that was headed towards my friend. He tried to get back up and i just pushed him down and literally said "stay." like a dog. man i need to stop drinking so much. anyways we were leaving and some douche bag in a wife beater and neon running shorts came at my friend. was the greatest thing i've ever seen. My buddy ducks the first swing, straight double leg take down, one hit knockout. it was awesome to watch.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
February 06 2011 09:50 GMT
#1307
On February 06 2011 08:15 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 07:34 Nazarene wrote:
On February 06 2011 07:02 Warrior Madness wrote:
On February 06 2011 00:08 Nazarene wrote:
My lower back is bothering me (hurts to squat, strange). Any exercise suggestions to rehab your lower back?


Is it just sore or do you feel a shooting pain?


It's a shooting pain, which is why I don't like it... unfortunately I've tried it before, but I was never able to figure out what I was doing wrong ;<


Did you read the link I posted

Yes. And this time I read it I tried to pinpoint exactly where I was having problems. As far as I can tell, the SI joint on my right side is the one causing problems. So I tried doing the SI joint manipulation thing and I think it feels a little bit better now.
Off to the gym now :-D
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 06 2011 10:02 GMT
#1308
http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

This might be good to put in the OP, found it on 4chan's fit board.
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 06 2011 10:17 GMT
#1309
On February 06 2011 14:54 Alexson wrote:
Eating junk food and lots of protein while bulking is good right..? cause it shouldn't matter where your calories come from..


Last time I knew I'm the only one in this thread allowed to dirty bulk. So step it up and start using fitday
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 06 2011 10:32 GMT
#1310
On February 06 2011 19:17 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 14:54 Alexson wrote:
Eating junk food and lots of protein while bulking is good right..? cause it shouldn't matter where your calories come from..


Last time I knew I'm the only one in this thread allowed to dirty bulk. So step it up and start using fitday


clean bulking = soooo much better. get huge and ripped? PLEASE AND THANKS
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 11:17:29
February 06 2011 11:10 GMT
#1311
On February 06 2011 19:32 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 19:17 sJarl wrote:
On February 06 2011 14:54 Alexson wrote:
Eating junk food and lots of protein while bulking is good right..? cause it shouldn't matter where your calories come from..


Last time I knew I'm the only one in this thread allowed to dirty bulk. So step it up and start using fitday


clean bulking = soooo much better. get huge and ripped? PLEASE AND THANKS


So true.

edit:

will be plugging todays eating into fitday...I have a bad feeling about this.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 06 2011 13:28 GMT
#1312
On February 06 2011 19:32 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 19:17 sJarl wrote:
On February 06 2011 14:54 Alexson wrote:
Eating junk food and lots of protein while bulking is good right..? cause it shouldn't matter where your calories come from..


Last time I knew I'm the only one in this thread allowed to dirty bulk. So step it up and start using fitday


clean bulking = soooo much better. get huge and ripped? PLEASE AND THANKS


Of course, clean/dirty should not be made into some sort of dichotomy ... there are certainly two poles, but I think most bodybuilders fall somewhere between the two such as 80% clean 20% dirty. I tend to aim for this 80/20 ratio of clean and dirty, and it just makes things much easier for me in the end.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 16:41:48
February 06 2011 16:27 GMT
#1313
On February 06 2011 14:54 Slithe wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [UFC spoiler] +
Hey Eshlow, I wanna be able to kick like Anderson Silva. How can I possibly achieve such a thing?


+ Show Spoiler +
Go back and be born black and lanky and brazilian...

But seriously... go hire Steven Seagal LOL

Ok really seriously... get really flexible and strong and learn how to kick from an NFL punter or soccer player...


On February 06 2011 19:02 Alexson wrote:
http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

This might be good to put in the OP, found it on 4chan's fit board.


I already added that into the extra nutrition links.

But some of his dietary advice is fallicious.

Saturated fats, for example, are fine and healthy to eat. And obviously don't really recommend pastas, cereals, etc.

It'd a decent guide. The ones I included in the main section are better though.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 06 2011 16:46 GMT
#1314
Been cutting for about two weeks now (cheated... three times in 14 days lol), can I get a read from someone please?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 06 2011 17:11 GMT
#1315
Would PB&J sandwiches be "dirty?" And if they are should I just use PB alone...? I really want to know all the small things about fitness lol..
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 06 2011 17:35 GMT
#1316
I have been letting these fucking hands recover for a week and a half, no gym, can't even really work legs because lifting the plates hurt too much.

I feel so weak I'm going to break world records when I get back to the weights, I swear.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-06 18:17:10
February 06 2011 18:16 GMT
#1317
On February 07 2011 02:11 Alexson wrote:
Would PB&J sandwiches be "dirty?" And if they are should I just use PB alone...? I really want to know all the small things about fitness lol..


Technically, they're all "dirty" since all 3 components are processed foods.

It is a dense source of kcals that's not as terrible as something like McD's though.......... but whole milk is also extremely dense and healthier to boot and easier to cram down the kcals.

Which if you can tolerate milk you want to whole milk it up if you're trying to gain weights
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 06 2011 18:27 GMT
#1318
On February 07 2011 03:16 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 02:11 Alexson wrote:
Would PB&J sandwiches be "dirty?" And if they are should I just use PB alone...? I really want to know all the small things about fitness lol..


Technically, they're all "dirty" since all 3 components are processed foods.

It is a dense source of kcals that's not as terrible as something like McD's though.......... but whole milk is also extremely dense and healthier to boot and easier to cram down the kcals.

Which if you can tolerate milk you want to whole milk it up if you're trying to gain weights

Chocolate milk is fine right.. not too much sugars? I have a glass of milk with every meal.

Does this look good so far for a 5'8" 15 year old weighing 150 lbs.. this is just breakfast.

3 large eggs
1 medium banana
1 glass of milk

Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 06 2011 18:46 GMT
#1319
Choco is fine but it MUST be whole milk... just make sure to brush your teeth a lot. I would eat more eggs if you can though

--------------
rofl.... found this in JWD's new thread

Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
February 06 2011 19:12 GMT
#1320
On February 06 2011 17:36 decafchicken wrote:
I don't do any ab specific work outside of maybe some planks to help with my SI joint. Clean and jerks + snatches + squats have given me, if i dare say so, a rather decent set of abs and overall core strength.


Thought so. I thought it was either that or some weighted ab work out. So uhh, anyone wanna elaborate the pros of plache training? Is it just a personal goal thing, or a flexibility thing? What advantages does that have over linear progressions?
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.