• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8165 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 68

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 730 Next
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
February 07 2011 13:16 GMT
#1341
pretty gassed right now.

did 3x11 dips and some rack pulls today. i figure i'll do maybe 3x15 (or 3x12 if i get lazy) for dips before i start adding weight. can't wait for those.

still increasing weight on rack pulls, but they're getting harder and harder (grip wise and the pull in general). not sure if my back is rounding but i can only hope it's not. i've also noticed my upper back has gotten pretty thick from all the pulling as well so yeah, pretty awesome.
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 14:48:42
February 07 2011 14:45 GMT
#1342
On February 07 2011 21:25 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 17:13 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 16:29 Advocado wrote:
Did Power Cleans today and had some good fun practicing form until I went ahead and did them with decent form @ 40kg. When finally done with the workout I was sweating like a pig LoL!

A small story: Last weekend I went to my parents house for a birthday party and it felt amazing to be able to throw around with a 4 year old like it was nothing. Got compliments from my family, and even though attention is not the reason I'm doing it, being strong and getting noticed for it feels pretty damn good. After ignoring physical exercise for a long period and then not getting results from various exercises gets frustrating. SS on the other hand feels like it's building a lot muscle and mass.

Cheers and thanks for all the help in this great thread.


first time doing PCs? say hello to your traps tomorrow


.

it's awesome to be awesome right? :D


sure is! /highfive
my gym is closed next week dunno how I will survive argh!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 07 2011 17:52 GMT
#1343
On February 07 2011 15:34 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
I guess this is the right place for this question, although I'm not sure if anybody's knowledgeable on this topic.

Basically, I'm sick and tired of my acne. I've tried fish oil, hyaluronic acid, multivitamins meant to improve skin, 35k IU of vitamin A/day, 10k IU of vitamin D/day, coconut oil, masques, creams, prescription creams, benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, changing my pillowcase every day, drinking unreasonable amounts of water, eliminating gluten from my diet completely, eliminating carbohydrates from my diet (minus veggies) completely, and a list of other things I can't even remember. A lot of this crap I'm doing right now and for some reason, I will still wake up occasionally with new pimples, and I can't get rid of the seriously bad shit near my lymph nodes. The thing that worked best was, as expected, the prescription antibiotics and creams, but they turned my face red and I ran out soon after getting to Japan.

There's a clinic in my area that has a 5 time laser treatment/chemical peel package... and I'm thinking about it. It's a bit expensive at $800, and while the money generally wouldn't be a huge issue (as long as I save a bit), I just want to make sure it works. I've read a lot about this being the end-all to all types of acne (an alternative to Accutane), and I think it's the best option for me. Does anybody have experience with this?

I'm just sick and tired of all of the ineffective treatments.


I assume you've tried dairy too.. that's the other big one.

Hmm, if you've really tried eliminating all the things from hyour diet for at least 3 weeks or another without anything clearing up then go for it.

You should know that stress -- staying up late, work/job/school -- can do it as well. So if you're doing that you may want to try to get reasonably good sleep by sleeping before 10 PM for 3 weeks and see how you do with that first before spending money
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 07 2011 17:52 GMT
#1344
Poll: Has starting strength(or variant) made your life more awesome?

Yes (32)
 
70%

Random girls have been asking you why your body is so hard (12)
 
26%

No (2)
 
4%

46 total votes

Your vote: Has starting strength(or variant) made your life more awesome?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No
(Vote): Random girls have been asking you why your body is so hard


how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 07 2011 17:54 GMT
#1345
Eshlow, something in my rear deltoid on my right shoulder is bothering me...should i just let it rest or are there stretches/excercise i should be doing for it? Should i avoid snatches/clean & jerks?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
February 07 2011 17:58 GMT
#1346
I am feeling burnt out on life this morning. Dunno why, but I don't like the feeling. I think this afternoon I am going to work out really hard to try to make it go away.
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 07 2011 18:04 GMT
#1347
burnt out on life doesnt sound too good get well soon travis! working out should help

awesome poll decaf ^^ sadly I had to vote "yes" instead of the (more awesome) third option
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 07 2011 18:36 GMT
#1348
On February 08 2011 02:54 decafchicken wrote:
Eshlow, something in my rear deltoid on my right shoulder is bothering me...should i just let it rest or are there stretches/excercise i should be doing for it? Should i avoid snatches/clean & jerks?


Does the posterior deltoid stretch help (arm across chest), or sleeper stretch help more (internal rotation stretch for external rotators)
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 07 2011 18:48 GMT
#1349
I don't feel anything with the arm across the chest stretch
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
February 07 2011 18:49 GMT
#1350
On February 07 2011 23:45 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 21:25 funkie wrote:
On February 07 2011 17:13 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 16:29 Advocado wrote:
Did Power Cleans today and had some good fun practicing form until I went ahead and did them with decent form @ 40kg. When finally done with the workout I was sweating like a pig LoL!

A small story: Last weekend I went to my parents house for a birthday party and it felt amazing to be able to throw around with a 4 year old like it was nothing. Got compliments from my family, and even though attention is not the reason I'm doing it, being strong and getting noticed for it feels pretty damn good. After ignoring physical exercise for a long period and then not getting results from various exercises gets frustrating. SS on the other hand feels like it's building a lot muscle and mass.

Cheers and thanks for all the help in this great thread.


first time doing PCs? say hello to your traps tomorrow


.

it's awesome to be awesome right? :D


sure is! /highfive
my gym is closed next week dunno how I will survive argh!


Feels pretty goddamn awesome!

On a side note, how do you other euro's deal with progression on the weights? To create the progression each week I need to put weight on the barbell obviously, but my gym only has 2.5 kg plates. Isn't training with 2.5 kg on one side a bad idea because it causes an uneven balance?
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 07 2011 19:15 GMT
#1351
On February 08 2011 03:49 Advocado wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 23:45 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 21:25 funkie wrote:
On February 07 2011 17:13 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 16:29 Advocado wrote:
Did Power Cleans today and had some good fun practicing form until I went ahead and did them with decent form @ 40kg. When finally done with the workout I was sweating like a pig LoL!

A small story: Last weekend I went to my parents house for a birthday party and it felt amazing to be able to throw around with a 4 year old like it was nothing. Got compliments from my family, and even though attention is not the reason I'm doing it, being strong and getting noticed for it feels pretty damn good. After ignoring physical exercise for a long period and then not getting results from various exercises gets frustrating. SS on the other hand feels like it's building a lot muscle and mass.

Cheers and thanks for all the help in this great thread.


first time doing PCs? say hello to your traps tomorrow


.

it's awesome to be awesome right? :D


sure is! /highfive
my gym is closed next week dunno how I will survive argh!


Feels pretty goddamn awesome!

On a side note, how do you other euro's deal with progression on the weights? To create the progression each week I need to put weight on the barbell obviously, but my gym only has 2.5 kg plates. Isn't training with 2.5 kg on one side a bad idea because it causes an uneven balance?


I think that's more a product of your gym sucking than it is of being from europe. One of the older gyms here on campus uses kg plates (gave me hell in figuring out how to equate my weights when I went from gym to gym), but they have them in sizes from 0.75kg up to 20kg per plate, so you just add 1.25 kg per workout and progress fine. Maybe try to find a pair of 1.25 kg plates at a store, and bring them with you? If the gym doesn't have any, you can't be accused of stealing when you go home with them.

Decaf, as someone interested in joining the club rugby team, but who knows very little about the game itself, what suggestions could you make to me (besides adding 50 or so pounds, and learning to drink better than I can now) that may help with learning more about the game and etc. Before September rolls around and the team holds tryouts? (I think they're in the fall, at least. If I missed it, I guess it's too late now)
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 19:26:41
February 07 2011 19:26 GMT
#1352
I stalled for the first time on Starting Strength. I pressed 105lbs 5/2/1. I don't think it was from the lack of food or sleep since my squats and deadlifts felt great today. I'm a little bit confused though what to do since I did 100 5/5/5 fine and missed 7 reps at 105. Should I keep the weight the same and go for attempt 2? Or should I drop the weight by 10%?
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 07 2011 19:30 GMT
#1353
On February 08 2011 04:26 RawrAnOcean wrote:
I stalled for the first time on Starting Strength. I pressed 105lbs 5/2/1. I don't think it was from the lack of food or sleep since my squats and deadlifts felt great today. I'm a little bit confused though what to do since I did 100 5/5/5 fine and missed 7 reps at 105. Should I keep the weight the same and go for attempt 2? Or should I drop the weight by 10%?


I've always found that the press is the bitchiest workout to make progress on. It's possible that there's something about your form that's holding you back. It might be worth investigating.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 07 2011 19:31 GMT
#1354
On February 08 2011 04:26 RawrAnOcean wrote:
I stalled for the first time on Starting Strength. I pressed 105lbs 5/2/1. I don't think it was from the lack of food or sleep since my squats and deadlifts felt great today. I'm a little bit confused though what to do since I did 100 5/5/5 fine and missed 7 reps at 105. Should I keep the weight the same and go for attempt 2? Or should I drop the weight by 10%?


Attempt it a second time, and if you still fail it's time to do a reset I believe is standard procedure.

Nice OHP numbers though.
RawrAnOcean
Profile Joined February 2006
United States359 Posts
February 07 2011 19:49 GMT
#1355
Thanks guys.

I definitely think my form is a problem on the press. Will go for attempt number 2 this Friday. I only been going up 10lbs for deadlift a week and I think that was a big mistake. Going to start going up by 20 a week. Starting my 4th week on Wednesday.

SS been great for my squat though. Next work out I should be doing my Body Weight 190lb starting from 135lbs. Thank you thread!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 07 2011 19:58 GMT
#1356
On February 08 2011 04:15 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 03:49 Advocado wrote:
On February 07 2011 23:45 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 21:25 funkie wrote:
On February 07 2011 17:13 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 16:29 Advocado wrote:
Did Power Cleans today and had some good fun practicing form until I went ahead and did them with decent form @ 40kg. When finally done with the workout I was sweating like a pig LoL!

A small story: Last weekend I went to my parents house for a birthday party and it felt amazing to be able to throw around with a 4 year old like it was nothing. Got compliments from my family, and even though attention is not the reason I'm doing it, being strong and getting noticed for it feels pretty damn good. After ignoring physical exercise for a long period and then not getting results from various exercises gets frustrating. SS on the other hand feels like it's building a lot muscle and mass.

Cheers and thanks for all the help in this great thread.


first time doing PCs? say hello to your traps tomorrow


.

it's awesome to be awesome right? :D


sure is! /highfive
my gym is closed next week dunno how I will survive argh!


Feels pretty goddamn awesome!

On a side note, how do you other euro's deal with progression on the weights? To create the progression each week I need to put weight on the barbell obviously, but my gym only has 2.5 kg plates. Isn't training with 2.5 kg on one side a bad idea because it causes an uneven balance?


I think that's more a product of your gym sucking than it is of being from europe. One of the older gyms here on campus uses kg plates (gave me hell in figuring out how to equate my weights when I went from gym to gym), but they have them in sizes from 0.75kg up to 20kg per plate, so you just add 1.25 kg per workout and progress fine. Maybe try to find a pair of 1.25 kg plates at a store, and bring them with you? If the gym doesn't have any, you can't be accused of stealing when you go home with them.

Decaf, as someone interested in joining the club rugby team, but who knows very little about the game itself, what suggestions could you make to me (besides adding 50 or so pounds, and learning to drink better than I can now) that may help with learning more about the game and etc. Before September rolls around and the team holds tryouts? (I think they're in the fall, at least. If I missed it, I guess it's too late now)

What university do you go to? Most places have spring and fall seasons and don't have try outs per se, nobody actually gets cut (at least as far as I know). The best way to learn is experience, although you tube will help with a basic understanding of the game. If you have any specific questions I can answer those for you, I think you'll find the players to be friendly and helpful towards any newcomers.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
February 07 2011 20:30 GMT
#1357
On February 08 2011 04:31 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 04:26 RawrAnOcean wrote:
I stalled for the first time on Starting Strength. I pressed 105lbs 5/2/1. I don't think it was from the lack of food or sleep since my squats and deadlifts felt great today. I'm a little bit confused though what to do since I did 100 5/5/5 fine and missed 7 reps at 105. Should I keep the weight the same and go for attempt 2? Or should I drop the weight by 10%?


Attempt it a second time, and if you still fail it's time to do a reset I believe is standard procedure.

Nice OHP numbers though.


SS recommends getting 3 strikes before a reset, but if on the 2nd try you get something like 5/2/1 again, it's probably safe to say you won't get 5/5/5 on the 3rd so a reset would probably be more efficient.

So I go to do my squats at 240lbs.. got two sets of 5, and then lifting the bar off the rack for the 3rd set I apparently threw out my back Shooting pain, didn't do third set, now having issues bending. Really angry right now because I know I won't be able to go to the gym for a week or two.

Anybody know of any ways to help with this? Trying out the stretches posted a couple pages back to see how they feel, but any other recommendations besides just rest...?
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
February 07 2011 20:43 GMT
#1358
Hey guys, up to day 7 of my start on Paleo, woot!

Have another question I require your brains on;

I've mainly been having a "berries + coconut milk" breakfast, weekends I'll have something more filling - but now on weekdays before I go to work it's getting hard to do the berries. They are such a tangy taste (and blueberries suck imo), it's getting hard to have it for breakfast every day. I don't actually have a problem with eating it, it's just that it takes me a while.

What are the general breakfasts you guys have, and does anyone have any suggestions for a quick breakfast meal that will do me for a good portion of the morning?

The other question I had was; with a lot of the Paleo meals, eggs are quite a staple inclusion - I know I'm basing this idea off "normal" dieting knowledge - but is it ok to have eggs all the time?

And while we're at it, something slightly off these two questions - I play basketball twice a week, and I've been having issues with shin splints all the time now - I know I need to stretch the calf and the lower end as well - but are there any other tips for keeping shin splints away before/after the game? I guess I might need to get some new shoes perhaps?
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 07 2011 20:50 GMT
#1359
You can hard boil some eggs the night before, and eat them for breakfast. I don't believe there's any problem with eating a couple eggs every day.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 21:01:03
February 07 2011 20:51 GMT
#1360
On February 08 2011 04:58 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 04:15 phyre112 wrote:
On February 08 2011 03:49 Advocado wrote:
On February 07 2011 23:45 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 21:25 funkie wrote:
On February 07 2011 17:13 Zafrumi wrote:
On February 07 2011 16:29 Advocado wrote:
Did Power Cleans today and had some good fun practicing form until I went ahead and did them with decent form @ 40kg. When finally done with the workout I was sweating like a pig LoL!

A small story: Last weekend I went to my parents house for a birthday party and it felt amazing to be able to throw around with a 4 year old like it was nothing. Got compliments from my family, and even though attention is not the reason I'm doing it, being strong and getting noticed for it feels pretty damn good. After ignoring physical exercise for a long period and then not getting results from various exercises gets frustrating. SS on the other hand feels like it's building a lot muscle and mass.

Cheers and thanks for all the help in this great thread.


first time doing PCs? say hello to your traps tomorrow


.

it's awesome to be awesome right? :D


sure is! /highfive
my gym is closed next week dunno how I will survive argh!


Feels pretty goddamn awesome!

On a side note, how do you other euro's deal with progression on the weights? To create the progression each week I need to put weight on the barbell obviously, but my gym only has 2.5 kg plates. Isn't training with 2.5 kg on one side a bad idea because it causes an uneven balance?


I think that's more a product of your gym sucking than it is of being from europe. One of the older gyms here on campus uses kg plates (gave me hell in figuring out how to equate my weights when I went from gym to gym), but they have them in sizes from 0.75kg up to 20kg per plate, so you just add 1.25 kg per workout and progress fine. Maybe try to find a pair of 1.25 kg plates at a store, and bring them with you? If the gym doesn't have any, you can't be accused of stealing when you go home with them.

Decaf, as someone interested in joining the club rugby team, but who knows very little about the game itself, what suggestions could you make to me (besides adding 50 or so pounds, and learning to drink better than I can now) that may help with learning more about the game and etc. Before September rolls around and the team holds tryouts? (I think they're in the fall, at least. If I missed it, I guess it's too late now)

What university do you go to? Most places have spring and fall seasons and don't have try outs per se, nobody actually gets cut (at least as far as I know). The best way to learn is experience, although you tube will help with a basic understanding of the game. If you have any specific questions I can answer those for you, I think you'll find the players to be friendly and helpful towards any newcomers.


Syracuse university. Yes, we do have a spring and fall season, but as the spring season has already started I have missed out on that. AFAIK, since we have a club team and a divisional team, no one gets entirely CUT (I would obviously be looking at club) but I suppose I meant tryouts in a sense that you only really add players to the team at the beginning of the season?

Considering I've only seen a handful of games of the sport, I'm not at a point I can really be asking specific questions, but I'll let you know if/when I come up with anything. Thanks.


On February 08 2011 05:30 vicariouscheese wrote:
SS recommends getting 3 strikes before a reset, but if on the 2nd try you get something like 5/2/1 again, it's probably safe to say you won't get 5/5/5 on the 3rd so a reset would probably be more efficient.

So I go to do my squats at 240lbs.. got two sets of 5, and then lifting the bar off the rack for the 3rd set I apparently threw out my back Shooting pain, didn't do third set, now having issues bending. Really angry right now because I know I won't be able to go to the gym for a week or two.

Anybody know of any ways to help with this? Trying out the stretches posted a couple pages back to see how they feel, but any other recommendations besides just rest...?


Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice, and bed. Even so much as sitting in a chair has aggravated stressed back muscles for me, and it'll take you that much longer to recover. You should have started with Ice as soon as the injury occurred, and by now already switched over to heating. Number one thing I wouldn't mess around with is a back injury (lower back particularly) so get your rest and get healthy. Stretches in my experience only make the problem worse, but that may just be me.


On February 08 2011 05:43 Duckvillelol wrote:
Hey guys, up to day 7 of my start on Paleo, woot!

Have another question I require your brains on;

I've mainly been having a "berries + coconut milk" breakfast, weekends I'll have something more filling - but now on weekdays before I go to work it's getting hard to do the berries. They are such a tangy taste (and blueberries suck imo), it's getting hard to have it for breakfast every day. I don't actually have a problem with eating it, it's just that it takes me a while.

What are the general breakfasts you guys have, and does anyone have any suggestions for a quick breakfast meal that will do me for a good portion of the morning?

The other question I had was; with a lot of the Paleo meals, eggs are quite a staple inclusion - I know I'm basing this idea off "normal" dieting knowledge - but is it ok to have eggs all the time?

And while we're at it, something slightly off these two questions - I play basketball twice a week, and I've been having issues with shin splints all the time now - I know I need to stretch the calf and the lower end as well - but are there any other tips for keeping shin splints away before/after the game? I guess I might need to get some new shoes perhaps?


I personally have scrambled eggs most mornings, as well as a banana. Takes maybe fifteen minutes to make and eat them, and they're delicious. I probably average out to about 4 or 5 eggs a day, and it hasn't killed me yet. Weekends when I have more time to cook/eat, I add bacon. Because then it's REALLY delicious.

As a past runner, stretching the calves will help somewhat. Losing weight if you're overweight will REALLY cut down on shin splints, as will staying hydrated. Check out your running form and try to stay off your heels, and then finally check out the shoes. They make a difference, but they're not the biggest factor. It's mostly about the weight and the form.
Prev 1 66 67 68 69 70 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.