• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9549 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 70

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 730 Next
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 08 2011 13:27 GMT
#1381
On February 08 2011 22:10 funkie wrote:
Hi!

Good to hear everyone is doing awesome!.

yesterday I resetted my squat to 80 (from 110, been stuck there for 3 sessions now). and well, I raped it ez, I didn't even feel tired.

then Did some Powercleans 3x3 with 55kg and then 2x3 60kg (raped them so ez liek I want to go 1xBW on friday on PC!.

Then did cleans and felt awesomeeee. :D

Much <3 to all :D

Here I go 120kg SQUAT. RESETTTTTTT


The point of resets is having the first workout reaaaaally easy. So good call on lowering it to 80kg.

What is your BW at now?
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 08 2011 14:42 GMT
#1382
On February 08 2011 22:27 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 22:10 funkie wrote:
Hi!

Good to hear everyone is doing awesome!.

yesterday I resetted my squat to 80 (from 110, been stuck there for 3 sessions now). and well, I raped it ez, I didn't even feel tired.

then Did some Powercleans 3x3 with 55kg and then 2x3 60kg (raped them so ez liek I want to go 1xBW on friday on PC!.

Then did cleans and felt awesomeeee. :D

Much <3 to all :D

Here I go 120kg SQUAT. RESETTTTTTT


The point of resets is having the first workout reaaaaally easy. So good call on lowering it to 80kg.

What is your BW at now?


I'm at 73-75kg (most of days I'm in between now) ;P.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 08 2011 15:39 GMT
#1383
On February 08 2011 09:16 decafchicken wrote:
How's the oly training going?!?


It's going alright, could be worse but could be better.

Still really struggling with flexibility with regards to squat snatch and just some general ass/back of thighs/back flexibility. Luckily, there's a great coach at this place on mondays who gave me a stretching routine to do twice daily, so should be making improvements and I'm setting a goal to nail it within the month. Really happy about that guy, he's got degrees within physiology and sports science in addition to 4 years of oly lifting. Kinda like a ray of light compared to the others who workout there imo.

For now though we're (the beginners) are being babysat a lot and just drilling technique with bar weight or 30/40kg which I suppose is a good thing, but I'm anxious and impatient to see what kind of numbers I can put out and then work on increasing my lifts. They don't really want to show me the squat part on the clean until my technique on the power-clean is perfect... I'm more of a fan of trying it and practising it over and over and fixing it as I go, but meh.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Advice? Input?
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
February 08 2011 15:49 GMT
#1384
Funkie, are you sure it's not time for you to move onto an intermediate program like Madcow's? Or at least the advanced novice program? You've been on SS for a while and may be experiencing the end of novice progression. How many squat resets are you at?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 08 2011 16:26 GMT
#1385
On February 09 2011 00:49 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Funkie, are you sure it's not time for you to move onto an intermediate program like Madcow's? Or at least the advanced novice program? You've been on SS for a while and may be experiencing the end of novice progression. How many squat resets are you at?


two (first two due to injury). and this is my first "stall stall" reset. ;p.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 08 2011 17:42 GMT
#1386
On February 09 2011 00:39 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 09:16 decafchicken wrote:
How's the oly training going?!?


It's going alright, could be worse but could be better.

Still really struggling with flexibility with regards to squat snatch and just some general ass/back of thighs/back flexibility. Luckily, there's a great coach at this place on mondays who gave me a stretching routine to do twice daily, so should be making improvements and I'm setting a goal to nail it within the month. Really happy about that guy, he's got degrees within physiology and sports science in addition to 4 years of oly lifting. Kinda like a ray of light compared to the others who workout there imo.

For now though we're (the beginners) are being babysat a lot and just drilling technique with bar weight or 30/40kg which I suppose is a good thing, but I'm anxious and impatient to see what kind of numbers I can put out and then work on increasing my lifts. They don't really want to show me the squat part on the clean until my technique on the power-clean is perfect... I'm more of a fan of trying it and practising it over and over and fixing it as I go, but meh.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Advice? Input?


Yes it is frustrating just doing light weights, but you have to build a foundation before you can go heavier. Just stick to light weights until you get it perfect. Power movements is better to learn first. I see too many people not pulling from just trying to get under the weight. Listen to your coaches please
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 18:15:07
February 08 2011 17:48 GMT
#1387
On February 09 2011 00:39 Sinep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 09:16 decafchicken wrote:
How's the oly training going?!?


It's going alright, could be worse but could be better.

Still really struggling with flexibility with regards to squat snatch and just some general ass/back of thighs/back flexibility. Luckily, there's a great coach at this place on mondays who gave me a stretching routine to do twice daily, so should be making improvements and I'm setting a goal to nail it within the month. Really happy about that guy, he's got degrees within physiology and sports science in addition to 4 years of oly lifting. Kinda like a ray of light compared to the others who workout there imo.

For now though we're (the beginners) are being babysat a lot and just drilling technique with bar weight or 30/40kg which I suppose is a good thing, but I'm anxious and impatient to see what kind of numbers I can put out and then work on increasing my lifts. They don't really want to show me the squat part on the clean until my technique on the power-clean is perfect... I'm more of a fan of trying it and practising it over and over and fixing it as I go, but meh.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Advice? Input?


Its going to be hard to work on full snatches/cleans if you cant sit in a full overhead squat or front squat with the weight on your heels, so definitely keep up the work on the flexibility. Until then the power movements will help you work on your explosiveness and good second pull. All my friends i just got started on oly lifting are still focusing on form with weights in the 40-60kg range and mostly power movements so don't feel too bad. Although when i started pretty sure i raced my power snatch up to 80 and clean up to 110 lol. i had decent foundation for it though, but i ended up going back down to lower weights anyways to fix my second pull. I do think working full cleans helped my second pull and improved my power clean, although i cant really testify as to whether it helps more than powercleans. as i did very little power cleaning. Weird, i just realized i used to do a lot of power snatching but almost no powercleaning lol. Power cleans are fun but damn do i love doing full cleans :D
Also, i need to work on my powerclean catch, the bar keeps leaving my hands and my collarbone/neck is bruised and looks like a bunch of hickeys rofl.
edit: in summary, what dimsum said!
Wish i had a real coach, but i guess having experienced lifters help you out is a whole lot better than nothing.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
February 08 2011 19:10 GMT
#1388
On February 08 2011 23:42 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 22:27 sJarl wrote:
On February 08 2011 22:10 funkie wrote:
Hi!

Good to hear everyone is doing awesome!.

yesterday I resetted my squat to 80 (from 110, been stuck there for 3 sessions now). and well, I raped it ez, I didn't even feel tired.

then Did some Powercleans 3x3 with 55kg and then 2x3 60kg (raped them so ez liek I want to go 1xBW on friday on PC!.

Then did cleans and felt awesomeeee. :D

Much <3 to all :D

Here I go 120kg SQUAT. RESETTTTTTT


The point of resets is having the first workout reaaaaally easy. So good call on lowering it to 80kg.

What is your BW at now?


I'm at 73-75kg (most of days I'm in between now) ;P.


skinny bastard! I'm at 82kg now and cant squat 100kg YET!!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 08 2011 20:34 GMT
#1389
I be pwning bro!.

You can to.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 08 2011 21:35 GMT
#1390
On February 09 2011 05:34 funkie wrote:
I be pwning bro!.

You can to.


I had to reset today on my squats. I've been starting (last three or four workouts) to feel a deep burning feeling right in the front of my body, along the crease where my left leg meets the waist. I figure it may be a form problem, so I dropped a mild 30 pounds, and continued the workout. If it sticks around, I may be forced to figure out what's going on. It's definitely not just a pulled muscle, something is wrong there.

Top squat weight I've finished for 3x5 currently stands at 98kg. At 75 kg bodyweight, I'm impressed with myself.

Worked form on power cleans for one final time today. Got the bar up higher on my shoulders like was suggested, and found it to consequently be much easier. Didn't even end up with a single bruise this time, and it's easier to get the elbows up in the air with the bar higher, so it doesn't want to roll around either. Thanks for the great tips guys. I finally feel comfortable enough with doing these to start linear progression on them.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 09 2011 00:46 GMT
#1391
We are around the same then phyre!

I just can't press that much for my life hahaha.

Beer, gaming and friends is awesomeeee.

Props tO decaf, he is a good example of beer and good workout shit
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 09 2011 02:31 GMT
#1392
Practiced power cleans today. I dunno how I really did though, but my wrists aren't flexible enough to let the bar rest on my shoulders without some pain. Gonna keep practicing

Anyway, I have a few questions!

Lately, the pain in my shoulder (seems to) have went away. I'll find out when I press again. However, now my elbow slightly hurts when I bench. It only hurts when the bar is touching my chest. Any Ideas if it is something serious? It's not a sharp pain, but like an aching pain that I think might go away + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Second, my left knee hurts when I do squats. Its right around the knee cap and used to be behind the knee cap on the posterior side of the body. I don't know if this is serious either. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Pictures include locations, let me know if more info is needed like last time
Finally, on the paleo diet I looked at the shopping list and it included things like berries but I noticed some of you said that things like berries and bananas should be very very limited. Is this true? What if you are cutting vs bulking? Would it be fine to use them in a bulk, but not in a cut? Or what?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance y'all.
Victory Loves Preparation
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 09 2011 02:41 GMT
#1393
went to the gym to do some pull up because I was bored.

saw a squat rack unoccupied (pretty rare these days) and did a bunch of power cleans instead

left feeling great
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 09 2011 02:51 GMT
#1394
did my pr from saturday 140kgx3 for 3 sets today. Then i tried snatch grip deadlifts 100kg3x5.
Then I did some rehab which was bicep curls and tricep kickbacks(?) 15lbs then dropped to 10lbs on dumbells. lol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 09 2011 03:16 GMT
#1395
I'll quote my last post because nobody answered the question..

On February 08 2011 12:34 Alexson wrote:
Is a can of Tuna a day good? I don't want to be getting too much Mercury, but at the same time I feel the too much Mercury stuff is just bs.

Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 09 2011 03:27 GMT
#1396
On February 09 2011 12:16 Alexson wrote:
I'll quote my last post because nobody answered the question..

Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 12:34 Alexson wrote:
Is a can of Tuna a day good? I don't want to be getting too much Mercury, but at the same time I feel the too much Mercury stuff is just bs.



It's fine.

I know people who eat multiple per day
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 09 2011 03:45 GMT
#1397
I eat a big can of tuna a day. And its at least fucking awesome :D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
unsoundlogic
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States391 Posts
February 09 2011 03:54 GMT
#1398
I've heard that albacore tuna (the whiter tuna) has mercury, and so you should try to limit yourself with that. The normal chunk light tuna is fine though.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 09 2011 04:26 GMT
#1399
On February 09 2011 12:54 unsoundlogic wrote:
I've heard that albacore tuna (the whiter tuna) has mercury, and so you should try to limit yourself with that. The normal chunk light tuna is fine though.


I eat a large can (says 5 servings on the can - works out to 300 calories of tuna) of solid white albacore almost every day. The whole mercury thing is not as big a deal as it's made out to be.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 09 2011 04:36 GMT
#1400
Like I always say... how many cases of mercury poisoning have you heard of? Yeah, a couple? From that school in DC because they were playing with the mercury... yeah....
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.