• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8131 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 69

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 730 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 07 2011 21:05 GMT
#1361
Ah yeah you guys are pretty fucking good. we actually drove out there last spring and had a pretty decent game with you guys. I'd just show up at spring training for the club side(I'm sure there is indoor practice) and just dive right in.just google syracuse rugby
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Duckvillelol
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 22:02:23
February 07 2011 22:00 GMT
#1362
-snip-

Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 05:43 Duckvillelol wrote:
Hey guys, up to day 7 of my start on Paleo, woot!

Have another question I require your brains on;

I've mainly been having a "berries + coconut milk" breakfast, weekends I'll have something more filling - but now on weekdays before I go to work it's getting hard to do the berries. They are such a tangy taste (and blueberries suck imo), it's getting hard to have it for breakfast every day. I don't actually have a problem with eating it, it's just that it takes me a while.

What are the general breakfasts you guys have, and does anyone have any suggestions for a quick breakfast meal that will do me for a good portion of the morning?

The other question I had was; with a lot of the Paleo meals, eggs are quite a staple inclusion - I know I'm basing this idea off "normal" dieting knowledge - but is it ok to have eggs all the time?

And while we're at it, something slightly off these two questions - I play basketball twice a week, and I've been having issues with shin splints all the time now - I know I need to stretch the calf and the lower end as well - but are there any other tips for keeping shin splints away before/after the game? I guess I might need to get some new shoes perhaps?


I personally have scrambled eggs most mornings, as well as a banana. Takes maybe fifteen minutes to make and eat them, and they're delicious. I probably average out to about 4 or 5 eggs a day, and it hasn't killed me yet. Weekends when I have more time to cook/eat, I add bacon. Because then it's REALLY delicious.

As a past runner, stretching the calves will help somewhat. Losing weight if you're overweight will REALLY cut down on shin splints, as will staying hydrated. Check out your running form and try to stay off your heels, and then finally check out the shoes. They make a difference, but they're not the biggest factor. It's mostly about the weight and the form.



Ahh ok, might go with the eggs then - anyone else have any other options just in case?

Yeah from what I remember having too many eggs can become a bad thing, a cholesterol problem? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tips with the shin splints - I think it'll be a combination of weight along with my running style - I think I use my heels a lot... I guess I'll try and stay off them! :D
Former SC2 commentator. youtube.com/duckvillelol
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 22:20:51
February 07 2011 22:18 GMT
#1363
eggs are completely fine. in fact they are pretty damn great! I try to eat about 5 or 6 each day

read this article about the myth of increased cholesterol: http://stronglifts.com/cholesterol-saturated-fat-how-many-eggs-daily/

I have scrambled eggs with bacon for breakfast most days. omelets are also great. or, if you feel adventurous, have a steak or some salmon along with some veggies

you can find a few good breakfast recipes here: http://stronglifts.com/breakfast-recipes-fat-loss/
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 07 2011 23:16 GMT
#1364
Sooooo today I was feeling quite well so I thought I might as well shoot for some PR's for singles in the push press. Warmup goes well and after getting 70kg fairly easily I go for 80kg (my old max) and not a chance! It doesn't really budge at all Set up again and no luck there either. At that point I'm starting to pack my stuff and get ready to go home.
But then some old stubbornness sets in and I refuse to leave without at least equaling my old max. With the help of good old Metallica I get psyched up beyond measure and bam! Nail it.
Then I proceed to add another 5kgs to the bar and get the 85kg lift on the second attempt.

Now I could leave the gym
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 23:21:08
February 07 2011 23:19 GMT
#1365
youre a beast man. show us some pics!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 07 2011 23:40 GMT
#1366
On February 08 2011 08:19 Zafrumi wrote:
youre a beast man. show us some pics!


thanks. there is a pic on page 26 but i had to blot out my face since I had recently shaved
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-07 23:53:56
February 07 2011 23:53 GMT
#1367
@eshlow: should foam rolling my rear deltoids help?

Trying to rest my shoulder for a bit so i did sets of 5 for powercleans today at 70, 80, 90, 95, 100,105. Got 6 at 100 but 2 at 105 lol was murdered by then did triples for backsquat 315,365,385,and 2x405. I could barely do something resembling 2x410 over the summer and here i am knocking out 2x405 full squats relatively easy :D And thats after murdering my hips and what not doing power cleans (damn those were tiring lol)
Lower back bothering me again, it was doing pretty excellent for the last few weeks till i cleaned 135kg T_T. Been doing various stretches, foam roalling, and si joint shit so hopefully that will help.

On February 08 2011 07:00 Duckvillelol wrote:
Show nested quote +
-snip-

On February 08 2011 05:43 Duckvillelol wrote:
Hey guys, up to day 7 of my start on Paleo, woot!

Have another question I require your brains on;

I've mainly been having a "berries + coconut milk" breakfast, weekends I'll have something more filling - but now on weekdays before I go to work it's getting hard to do the berries. They are such a tangy taste (and blueberries suck imo), it's getting hard to have it for breakfast every day. I don't actually have a problem with eating it, it's just that it takes me a while.

What are the general breakfasts you guys have, and does anyone have any suggestions for a quick breakfast meal that will do me for a good portion of the morning?

The other question I had was; with a lot of the Paleo meals, eggs are quite a staple inclusion - I know I'm basing this idea off "normal" dieting knowledge - but is it ok to have eggs all the time?

And while we're at it, something slightly off these two questions - I play basketball twice a week, and I've been having issues with shin splints all the time now - I know I need to stretch the calf and the lower end as well - but are there any other tips for keeping shin splints away before/after the game? I guess I might need to get some new shoes perhaps?


I personally have scrambled eggs most mornings, as well as a banana. Takes maybe fifteen minutes to make and eat them, and they're delicious. I probably average out to about 4 or 5 eggs a day, and it hasn't killed me yet. Weekends when I have more time to cook/eat, I add bacon. Because then it's REALLY delicious.

As a past runner, stretching the calves will help somewhat. Losing weight if you're overweight will REALLY cut down on shin splints, as will staying hydrated. Check out your running form and try to stay off your heels, and then finally check out the shoes. They make a difference, but they're not the biggest factor. It's mostly about the weight and the form.



Ahh ok, might go with the eggs then - anyone else have any other options just in case?

Yeah from what I remember having too many eggs can become a bad thing, a cholesterol problem? I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tips with the shin splints - I think it'll be a combination of weight along with my running style - I think I use my heels a lot... I guess I'll try and stay off them! :D


I've been eating 3+ eggs with bacon or ground beef every day since about june. Healthy as an ox.
For shin splints i find that lots of calf stretching and easing in to your running(add distance slowly) as well as staying off your heels while you run helps a lot.

On February 08 2011 08:16 sJarl wrote:
Sooooo today I was feeling quite well so I thought I might as well shoot for some PR's for singles in the push press. Warmup goes well and after getting 70kg fairly easily I go for 80kg (my old max) and not a chance! It doesn't really budge at all Set up again and no luck there either. At that point I'm starting to pack my stuff and get ready to go home.
But then some old stubbornness sets in and I refuse to leave without at least equaling my old max. With the help of good old Metallica I get psyched up beyond measure and bam! Nail it.
Then I proceed to add another 5kgs to the bar and get the 85kg lift on the second attempt.

Now I could leave the gym


Damn...prettty sure that destroys mine. Most i've ever done is 165 for 3x5..dunno if i could get 185. Beast mode sjarl :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
February 08 2011 00:11 GMT
#1368
On February 08 2011 03:49 Advocado wrote:

Feels pretty goddamn awesome!

On a side note, how do you other euro's deal with progression on the weights? To create the progression each week I need to put weight on the barbell obviously, but my gym only has 2.5 kg plates. Isn't training with 2.5 kg on one side a bad idea because it causes an uneven balance?


We have 1.25kg plates at my uni gym, so that's +2.5kg to a barbell. you don't want to add one 2.5kg plate to one side lol.

the oly gym I started at has lower increments in weights. if you can't find 1.25kg plates at your gym you should ask the staff to get some or try to find your own and bring them in like requested... cause if they only have 2.5kg plates that's +5kg to a lift... and well that's a tough increment to make, esp on lifts like bench or press.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 08 2011 00:16 GMT
#1369
How's the oly training going?!?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 01:39:47
February 08 2011 01:39 GMT
#1370
I'd use a tennis/lacrosse ball for rear delts, and external rotators
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 01:53:01
February 08 2011 01:52 GMT
#1371
i'd use an egg for rear delts

if it breaks ur applying too much pressure
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 08 2011 01:54 GMT
#1372
On February 08 2011 10:52 travis wrote:
i'd use an egg for rear delts

if it breaks ur applying too much pressure


and you then have a snack!
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 08 2011 02:00 GMT
#1373
On February 08 2011 10:54 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 10:52 travis wrote:
i'd use an egg for rear delts

if it breaks ur applying too much pressure


and you then have a snack!


bahahaha. i'll see what i can find along the lines of a tennis ball
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Alexson
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belarus293 Posts
February 08 2011 03:34 GMT
#1374
Is a can of Tuna a day good? I don't want to be getting too much Mercury, but at the same time I feel the too much Mercury stuff is just bs.
Liberal who supports gun use and supports an eye for an eye
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 08 2011 03:41 GMT
#1375
BACK IN THE GAME BABY.

Did a light day just to see what my hands would let me do. Squats were fine, deadlifts were fine, I can do pushups as long as they're on my knuckles (which is what I prefer anyways)..all that's a real issue is pressing movements (Bench was a no-no, even as low as 135)
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 08 2011 04:02 GMT
#1376
Good to hear shallow
Btw my hips are cramping lol...high rep power cleans are brutal!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
February 08 2011 05:16 GMT
#1377
On February 08 2011 12:41 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
BACK IN THE GAME BABY.

Did a light day just to see what my hands would let me do. Squats were fine, deadlifts were fine, I can do pushups as long as they're on my knuckles (which is what I prefer anyways)..all that's a real issue is pressing movements (Bench was a no-no, even as low as 135)


good stuff man
that's from that clean accident a coupla weeks back right? just wondering
did you do any particular rehab or just let the hands rest?
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 08 2011 07:53 GMT
#1378
On February 08 2011 14:16 JeeJee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 12:41 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
BACK IN THE GAME BABY.

Did a light day just to see what my hands would let me do. Squats were fine, deadlifts were fine, I can do pushups as long as they're on my knuckles (which is what I prefer anyways)..all that's a real issue is pressing movements (Bench was a no-no, even as low as 135)


good stuff man
that's from that clean accident a coupla weeks back right? just wondering
did you do any particular rehab or just let the hands rest?


yeah, from then. I honestly just took a week and a bit off, iced it + ibuprofen. It's still sore and I don't think I'll be doing presses anytime soon, but I'm glad that I can squat and deadlift again. Time not going to the gym = time I feel fat and lazy
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 08 2011 08:56 GMT
#1379
Great to see you back on track Shallow!
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
February 08 2011 13:10 GMT
#1380
Hi!

Good to hear everyone is doing awesome!.

yesterday I resetted my squat to 80 (from 110, been stuck there for 3 sessions now). and well, I raped it ez, I didn't even feel tired.

then Did some Powercleans 3x3 with 55kg and then 2x3 60kg (raped them so ez liek I want to go 1xBW on friday on PC!.

Then did cleans and felt awesomeeee. :D

Much <3 to all :D

Here I go 120kg SQUAT. RESETTTTTTT
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.