• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:22
CEST 19:22
KST 02:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8364 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 574

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 572 573 574 575 576 730 Next
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 20:15:42
September 12 2011 20:13 GMT
#11461
On September 13 2011 01:51 Earll wrote:
FInished my second day (first day B) of the Starting strength novice thing today. Added 5kg to my squat, so ended with:

35kg Power clean
45kg squat
25kg Press

I should be adding 5kg to squat every work out untill it starts becoming too much or? (I mean its already pretty close, but I guess I could handle a bit more, + i'll get stronger as it goes along I Guess?) and what should I add to my bench\dead lift? (which were both 35kg last time)?

I think with my press form suffered a bit, I would like arch my back or whatever, trying to make it more like a bench press sort off ? =p I guess that is pretty bad form. Also my back is supposed to be a bit sore (in the same way my legs are sore) right? or does that mean my form is all messed up and its getting getting pressured in ways it should not?

I did the leangains 16\8 fasting today before workout and didnt feel weak or anything in the workout because of lack of eating, drank 10g of BCAA water before.

Last but not least I decided to count up the calories and whatnot of what I will probably eat today\ on most leangain days, so anyone feel like commenting that would be welcome. What I am going to eat today probably will be:

3 meals after 4pm before 12am, totalling 0.6 kg of minced meat which equals 726 kcal, 114 g protein, and 30g fat, 3x cans of pineapple = 342 kcal, and 82.8g carbs (?) Apart from that i'll eat 1.5 cucumbers and 1.5 red pepper, 3x omega 3 fishoil tablets (30kcal) and the 10g of BCAA thing. I am 1.81~ tall and like 71kg or something.

I am only supposed to do the fasting on the days I work out right? I am figuring on the days I do not work out i'll eat 1 less meal with meat (as I wont be eating that at lunch at 'work') and instead eat a meal of fruits\some veggie and some 'protein rich' yoghurt for lunch.

._.


35kg deadlift? add like 10kg per session. EASY! I would also increase the squat by 5kg. never underestimate the gains a beginner can make! once bar speed slows down, you can lower the increments to 2.5kg
disclaimer: this only works if you eat enough though.
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
HerbalTylenol
Profile Joined September 2010
62 Posts
September 12 2011 20:23 GMT
#11462
On September 13 2011 05:05 Tulius wrote:

* High Protein. You need protein to build muscle & prevent muscle loss. 1 gallon of whole milk contains 120g protein. 20% whey, 80% casein.
* Saturated Fat. Increases testosterone levels, which means more muscle & strength. Don't believe the cholesterol myths: saturated fat is healthy.
* High Carb. The dextrose in whole milk spikes insulin, a muscle building hormone which tells your body to move the proteins into your muscles.

source: http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/


Hmm thanks. My next question would be...would you still recommend lots of milk for someone looking to stay around the same weight? In my case, I'd like to lose some fat and gain muscle, so would you still recommend this much milk?

I think I'm making pretty good gains too...comparable to the guy who got recommended the milk.
Tulius
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil52 Posts
September 12 2011 20:41 GMT
#11463
Personally, I think that 1 gallon per day is a bit extreme. May be the best way to someone extremely skinny with difficulty to eat above maintenance, but you can add 1/4 gallon or 1/2 gallon and see how it goes for you (personal tolerance to milk varies A LOT).

And yes, the best way to go with SS is to eat above maintenance (gain weight), unless you're REALLY fat. This way you'll have better progression and will definetly look better after cutting (as you'll have muscle to get deffinition). Body recomposition (losing fat while gaining muscle at the same time) is possible but it's really hard to do, and won't give you the same strength progression compared to bulking.
Snapplecakes
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway78 Posts
September 12 2011 20:44 GMT
#11464
On September 13 2011 01:51 Earll wrote:
FInished my second day (first day B) of the Starting strength novice thing today. Added 5kg to my squat, so ended with:

35kg Power clean
45kg squat
25kg Press

I should be adding 5kg to squat every work out untill it starts becoming too much or? (I mean its already pretty close, but I guess I could handle a bit more, + i'll get stronger as it goes along I Guess?) and what should I add to my bench\dead lift? (which were both 35kg last time)?

I think with my press form suffered a bit, I would like arch my back or whatever, trying to make it more like a bench press sort off ? =p I guess that is pretty bad form. Also my back is supposed to be a bit sore (in the same way my legs are sore) right? or does that mean my form is all messed up and its getting getting pressured in ways it should not?

I did the leangains 16\8 fasting today before workout and didnt feel weak or anything in the workout because of lack of eating, drank 10g of BCAA water before.

Last but not least I decided to count up the calories and whatnot of what I will probably eat today\ on most leangain days, so anyone feel like commenting that would be welcome. What I am going to eat today probably will be:

3 meals after 4pm before 12am, totalling 0.6 kg of minced meat which equals 726 kcal, 114 g protein, and 30g fat, 3x cans of pineapple = 342 kcal, and 82.8g carbs (?) Apart from that i'll eat 1.5 cucumbers and 1.5 red pepper, 3x omega 3 fishoil tablets (30kcal) and the 10g of BCAA thing. I am 1.81~ tall and like 71kg or something.

I am only supposed to do the fasting on the days I work out right? I am figuring on the days I do not work out i'll eat 1 less meal with meat (as I wont be eating that at lunch at 'work') and instead eat a meal of fruits\some veggie and some 'protein rich' yoghurt for lunch.

._.



ok im gonna give you some pointers if you really want to do leangains.

i cannot stress it enough how important it is for you to scour that site and absorb ALL The knowledge you can possibly find there, the better you understand the concept and the way it works the better you can tailor a setup for yourself and go with it.

leangains is a lifestyle, ie you fast every single day and not only on your workout days, keep fats as low as possible on your workout days and carbs high, on rest days go high fat and low carb

its all summarised in a short post here : http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
i suggest you read his other articles aswell

and if thats all you ate on your workout day totalling roughly 1200 thats (please correct me if i missunderstood the write up of the food you ate) then youre eating WAY too little.. leangains is perfect for you but you gotta eat right, calc your BMR (easy to find one online) and do +20% of the kcal listed there on workout days (you could prob go more than that in the beginning concidering your size roughly 3500 kcal) and -20% of your maintenance on rest days
SQUATS AND OATS!
Tulius
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil52 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 20:55:58
September 12 2011 20:49 GMT
#11465
On September 13 2011 05:44 Snapplecakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 01:51 Earll wrote:
FInished my second day (first day B) of the Starting strength novice thing today. Added 5kg to my squat, so ended with:

35kg Power clean
45kg squat
25kg Press

I should be adding 5kg to squat every work out untill it starts becoming too much or? (I mean its already pretty close, but I guess I could handle a bit more, + i'll get stronger as it goes along I Guess?) and what should I add to my bench\dead lift? (which were both 35kg last time)?

I think with my press form suffered a bit, I would like arch my back or whatever, trying to make it more like a bench press sort off ? =p I guess that is pretty bad form. Also my back is supposed to be a bit sore (in the same way my legs are sore) right? or does that mean my form is all messed up and its getting getting pressured in ways it should not?

I did the leangains 16\8 fasting today before workout and didnt feel weak or anything in the workout because of lack of eating, drank 10g of BCAA water before.

Last but not least I decided to count up the calories and whatnot of what I will probably eat today\ on most leangain days, so anyone feel like commenting that would be welcome. What I am going to eat today probably will be:

3 meals after 4pm before 12am, totalling 0.6 kg of minced meat which equals 726 kcal, 114 g protein, and 30g fat, 3x cans of pineapple = 342 kcal, and 82.8g carbs (?) Apart from that i'll eat 1.5 cucumbers and 1.5 red pepper, 3x omega 3 fishoil tablets (30kcal) and the 10g of BCAA thing. I am 1.81~ tall and like 71kg or something.

I am only supposed to do the fasting on the days I work out right? I am figuring on the days I do not work out i'll eat 1 less meal with meat (as I wont be eating that at lunch at 'work') and instead eat a meal of fruits\some veggie and some 'protein rich' yoghurt for lunch.

._.


and if thats all you ate on your workout day totalling roughly 1200 thats (please correct me if i missunderstood the write up of the food you ate) then youre eating WAY too little.. leangains is perfect for you but you gotta eat right, calc your BMR (easy to find one online) and do +20% of the kcal listed there on workout days (you could prob go more than that in the beginning concidering your size roughly 3500 kcal) and -20% of your maintenance on rest days


This is definetly true. If you're doing leangains you'll need to eat A LOT every meal and/or do GOMAD, or else you wont gain muscle and will feel crappy overall, specially if you're not fat.

Jan/Apr this year I was doing leangains eating around 2600 on workout days/2000 kcal on rest days, and I ended up losing a lot of weight (I was already skinny), mostly fat, but didn't gain lean mass and had terrible strength progress - not to mention having like 3 infections in 4 months. After realising this, I adjusted to something around 3200/2600 kcal (with 1/2 GOMAD), started putting weight and had better progress.
HerbalTylenol
Profile Joined September 2010
62 Posts
September 12 2011 21:25 GMT
#11466
On September 13 2011 05:41 Tulius wrote:
Personally, I think that 1 gallon per day is a bit extreme. May be the best way to someone extremely skinny with difficulty to eat above maintenance, but you can add 1/4 gallon or 1/2 gallon and see how it goes for you (personal tolerance to milk varies A LOT).

And yes, the best way to go with SS is to eat above maintenance (gain weight), unless you're REALLY fat. This way you'll have better progression and will definetly look better after cutting (as you'll have muscle to get deffinition). Body recomposition (losing fat while gaining muscle at the same time) is possible but it's really hard to do, and won't give you the same strength progression compared to bulking.


Thanks for this man, appreciate it.

My plan was to start eating Paleo and just drink protein shakes to get 1-1.5g per pound body mass on workout days. I was hoping to ease into it that way...I drink like 1-3 glasses of milk a day (I think about 1/4 gallon?). I'm not really super fat or anything, 154lbs 5'10"...I'm just one of those "skinny-fat" people. Got a belly (not huge or anything) but other than that, I'm skinny everywhere else.

I'll just lay out my plan in it's entirety:
1) Paleo Diet with protein shakes on workout days.
2) SS workout plan
3) Some cardio...but I might just cut it entirely after reading the first post of this thread. I'll try a little warm up cardio I guess? I just want to keep things simple at the start...so I can commit easily.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 12 2011 21:35 GMT
#11467
Don't need cardio
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
HerbalTylenol
Profile Joined September 2010
62 Posts
September 12 2011 21:55 GMT
#11468
On September 13 2011 06:35 eshlow wrote:
Don't need cardio


Awesome, will cut it out.
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 22:13:48
September 12 2011 22:09 GMT
#11469
On September 13 2011 05:44 Snapplecakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 01:51 Earll wrote:
FInished my second day (first day B) of the Starting strength novice thing today. Added 5kg to my squat, so ended with:

35kg Power clean
45kg squat
25kg Press

I should be adding 5kg to squat every work out untill it starts becoming too much or? (I mean its already pretty close, but I guess I could handle a bit more, + i'll get stronger as it goes along I Guess?) and what should I add to my bench\dead lift? (which were both 35kg last time)?

I think with my press form suffered a bit, I would like arch my back or whatever, trying to make it more like a bench press sort off ? =p I guess that is pretty bad form. Also my back is supposed to be a bit sore (in the same way my legs are sore) right? or does that mean my form is all messed up and its getting getting pressured in ways it should not?

I did the leangains 16\8 fasting today before workout and didnt feel weak or anything in the workout because of lack of eating, drank 10g of BCAA water before.

Last but not least I decided to count up the calories and whatnot of what I will probably eat today\ on most leangain days, so anyone feel like commenting that would be welcome. What I am going to eat today probably will be:

3 meals after 4pm before 12am, totalling 0.6 kg of minced meat which equals 726 kcal, 114 g protein, and 30g fat, 3x cans of pineapple = 342 kcal, and 82.8g carbs (?) Apart from that i'll eat 1.5 cucumbers and 1.5 red pepper, 3x omega 3 fishoil tablets (30kcal) and the 10g of BCAA thing. I am 1.81~ tall and like 71kg or something.

I am only supposed to do the fasting on the days I work out right? I am figuring on the days I do not work out i'll eat 1 less meal with meat (as I wont be eating that at lunch at 'work') and instead eat a meal of fruits\some veggie and some 'protein rich' yoghurt for lunch.

._.



ok im gonna give you some pointers if you really want to do leangains.

i cannot stress it enough how important it is for you to scour that site and absorb ALL The knowledge you can possibly find there, the better you understand the concept and the way it works the better you can tailor a setup for yourself and go with it.

leangains is a lifestyle, ie you fast every single day and not only on your workout days, keep fats as low as possible on your workout days and carbs high, on rest days go high fat and low carb

its all summarised in a short post here : http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html
i suggest you read his other articles aswell

and if thats all you ate on your workout day totalling roughly 1200 thats (please correct me if i missunderstood the write up of the food you ate) then youre eating WAY too little.. leangains is perfect for you but you gotta eat right, calc your BMR (easy to find one online) and do +20% of the kcal listed there on workout days (you could prob go more than that in the beginning concidering your size roughly 3500 kcal) and -20% of your maintenance on rest days


haha so yeah I am apperantly eating way to little : D Guess i'll start shoveling down some helmelk and take it from there. I am currently on a paleo diet though as you saw, which i guess is supposedly high protein and not so much fats\carbs? when I start drinking more whole milk i guess i will get more fats though, but still lacking carbs. Is leangains/any sort of fasting diet pointless for me if i am sticking to my diet as is? (but adding whole milk + eating more to reach the kcal i want)?

Edit: To be honest though, think I just realized how much more I m supposed to be eating than I already am, so leangains right now might not be perfect for me, as eating what I should be eating through the entire day is probably going to be hard enough, doing it in just 8 hours i am not sure I can handle? =p

If I am not going leangains, how should I eat then?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html has me at 2800 kc with "moderate" exercise (2-3 days a week, which is what I am doing with SS) Should I eat more than this, to gain muscle? or is 2800 ok? and if not on leangains, should I eat the same every day regardless of exercise?
Wat
DimmuKlok
Profile Joined June 2010
United States225 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 22:14:33
September 12 2011 22:13 GMT
#11470
I have a question about altering the SS program.

My back surgeon's nurse is worried that deadlifting might damage my first vertebrae below the fusion in my back. I have 3 free vertebrae at the bottom of my back, and she thought deadlifting might put excessive pressure on the vertebrae directly below the fusion. She was going to ask my doctor about it, but it's been over a month and I've called several times, and she never got back to me.

That sadly deterred me from working out in general but I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm curious what you guy's think about eliminating deadlifting from the program and if you think it's necessary. A side goal of mine is to be able to do multiple pullups. That's why I'm starting the "Practical Programming Novice Program", but even that has deadlifting in it once a week.

It does make me sad that I might have to eliminate deadlifting, though. It was my favorite exercise.
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
September 12 2011 22:20 GMT
#11471
On September 13 2011 07:13 DimmuKlok wrote:
I have a question about altering the SS program.

My back surgeon's nurse is worried that deadlifting might damage my first vertebrae below the fusion in my back. I have 3 free vertebrae at the bottom of my back, and she thought deadlifting might put excessive pressure on the vertebrae directly below the fusion. She was going to ask my doctor about it, but it's been over a month and I've called several times, and she never got back to me.

That sadly deterred me from working out in general but I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm curious what you guy's think about eliminating deadlifting from the program and if you think it's necessary. A side goal of mine is to be able to do multiple pullups. That's why I'm starting the "Practical Programming Novice Program", but even that has deadlifting in it once a week.

It does make me sad that I might have to eliminate deadlifting, though. It was my favorite exercise.


If you can't deadlift, I'd question your ability to even squat heavy. I think the nurse might be overreacting, but I'd get a real Dr opinion.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 22:22:25
September 12 2011 22:21 GMT
#11472
Week 4 of Layne Norton PHAT.

Up 14 pounds in BW from my start point after taking the summer off and losing nearly 10 pounds.

All compound lifts up 20+pounds
DB lifts up 10+pounds.

Beastmode engaged, but laziness kicking in and I'm too lazy to post full numbers of progress despite having them all logged in a notebook. Maybe some day.


3k calorie a day diet
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 22:27:10
September 12 2011 22:22 GMT
#11473
Well i was going to the gym to do SS day 3 wanted to get form check from Ptrainer also (MMA trainer) We are cool so he decides he wants to do some sparring. So that kicks my ass then he decides he wants to do lifts too. And its the exact opposite weight lifting of SS. Which was like 20 presses and throwing 60 punches with resistance bands etc.

Anyway the workout was awesome although I feel dead and defeated atm. I actually planned on doing the SS for a while then switching over to his MMA class at some point in the future when I was a bit stronger. I'm 6'3 265 but really weak atleast for my size.

Also on another point I don't want to rush SSi since he mentioned you shouldnt rush it. But it feels really weird the day before I read about SS here I was squating 135 and BPressing 185(not my norm lol, usually am lazy and just do 135 here too) Its a bit weird going from that to the bar.

edit - the 95lb deadlifts kicked ass though lol
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 22:32:15
September 12 2011 22:23 GMT
#11474
On September 13 2011 07:13 DimmuKlok wrote:
I have a question about altering the SS program.

My back surgeon's nurse is worried that deadlifting might damage my first vertebrae below the fusion in my back. I have 3 free vertebrae at the bottom of my back, and she thought deadlifting might put excessive pressure on the vertebrae directly below the fusion. She was going to ask my doctor about it, but it's been over a month and I've called several times, and she never got back to me.

That sadly deterred me from working out in general but I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm curious what you guy's think about eliminating deadlifting from the program and if you think it's necessary. A side goal of mine is to be able to do multiple pullups. That's why I'm starting the "Practical Programming Novice Program", but even that has deadlifting in it once a week.

It does make me sad that I might have to eliminate deadlifting, though. It was my favorite exercise.


Froadac has permission to squat and DL and power clean from his doc and he has like 11 fused vertebrae....?

I honestly don't see a problem with lifting with fused vertebrae unless you have a potential pathology such as osteoporosis that would make the bones weak or the muscles dysfunctional?

But yeah....
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 22:38:29
September 12 2011 22:24 GMT
#11475
On September 13 2011 04:36 BouBou.865 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 01:51 Earll wrote:
FInished my second day (first day B) of the Starting strength novice thing today. Added 5kg to my squat, so ended with:

35kg Power clean
45kg squat
25kg Press

I should be adding 5kg to squat every work out untill it starts becoming too much or? (I mean its already pretty close, but I guess I could handle a bit more, + i'll get stronger as it goes along I Guess?) and what should I add to my bench\dead lift? (which were both 35kg last time)?

I think with my press form suffered a bit, I would like arch my back or whatever, trying to make it more like a bench press sort off ? =p I guess that is pretty bad form. Also my back is supposed to be a bit sore (in the same way my legs are sore) right? or does that mean my form is all messed up and its getting getting pressured in ways it should not?

I did the leangains 16\8 fasting today before workout and didnt feel weak or anything in the workout because of lack of eating, drank 10g of BCAA water before.

Last but not least I decided to count up the calories and whatnot of what I will probably eat today\ on most leangain days, so anyone feel like commenting that would be welcome. What I am going to eat today probably will be:

3 meals after 4pm before 12am, totalling 0.6 kg of minced meat which equals 726 kcal, 114 g protein, and 30g fat, 3x cans of pineapple = 342 kcal, and 82.8g carbs (?) Apart from that i'll eat 1.5 cucumbers and 1.5 red pepper, 3x omega 3 fishoil tablets (30kcal) and the 10g of BCAA thing. I am 1.81~ tall and like 71kg or something.

I am only supposed to do the fasting on the days I work out right? I am figuring on the days I do not work out i'll eat 1 less meal with meat (as I wont be eating that at lunch at 'work') and instead eat a meal of fruits\some veggie and some 'protein rich' yoghurt for lunch.

._.

I added 4kg's on squat, 2.5kg on bench, 2kg on press, 2.5kg on Powerclean and 5kg on Deadlift per session. However, you won't be able to sustain this for long haha. Imo go until it gets real hard for each lift this way, and then add these weights per week, not per session

Also keep photo's, you get so much stronger and bigger the first month you won't be able to stop looking at yourself lol.

EDIT: Your powerclean is crazy high for someone with your squat btw, nice. You sure you're racking the bar correctly, not holding it up with your lower arms, but creating a platform for it to rest on with your shoulders?

EDIT2: Oh, start drinking full fat milk. Like a lot. For as far as I can see you eat 1200cals a day TOPS, which is nowhere near enough. Your body adapts so fast, drink 2 liters of full fat milk on top of whatever you're eating right now imoimo.


I did not do the full powerclean only a hang powerclean, so it was fairly easy =p But yeah, I have realized i am like half of what my KCAL intake should be, so time to start shoveling down some whole milk +other good stuff =D

Think i'll go look for some proteinpowdershake whatever also tomorrow. I saw on the website though that there are tons of different types of proteins ( mixed proteins, egg proteins, kasein proteins (no idea how to translate) soy proteins, myseprotein (Dunno what that is either). Any tips on what to look for and what to avoid when it comes to protein? something I can mix with milk I guess and that does not taste horrible?)
Wat
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
September 12 2011 22:35 GMT
#11476
On September 13 2011 07:23 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 07:13 DimmuKlok wrote:
I have a question about altering the SS program.

My back surgeon's nurse is worried that deadlifting might damage my first vertebrae below the fusion in my back. I have 3 free vertebrae at the bottom of my back, and she thought deadlifting might put excessive pressure on the vertebrae directly below the fusion. She was going to ask my doctor about it, but it's been over a month and I've called several times, and she never got back to me.

That sadly deterred me from working out in general but I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm curious what you guy's think about eliminating deadlifting from the program and if you think it's necessary. A side goal of mine is to be able to do multiple pullups. That's why I'm starting the "Practical Programming Novice Program", but even that has deadlifting in it once a week.

It does make me sad that I might have to eliminate deadlifting, though. It was my favorite exercise.


Froadac has permission to squat and DL and power clean from his doc and he has like 11 fused vertebrae....?

I honestly don't see a problem with lifting with fused vertebrae unless you have a potential pathology such as osteoporosis that would make the bones weak or the muscles dysfunctional?

But yeah....

Deadlift might be bad, not sure. I know my doctor said that it can be problematic with lumbar vertebrae, but since mine are all thoracic (and a few cervical) they are for the most part either not under load, or supported by the spinal cage.

But really, keep asking. took my doctor 3 weeks to get back.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 12 2011 23:04 GMT
#11477
I'm just going to make a vague post to cover most of the questions/comments in the last page or so...
Eat your face off, lift heavy, recover/sleep properly, and your lifts will SKY ROCKET beyond your wildest dreams. ROAR.

Gonna be putting my workouts of the day in my blog like dimsum from now on so you can check them out there if you want
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Tevo
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands75 Posts
September 12 2011 23:08 GMT
#11478
Hey all, new poster to H&F trying to get into a bit healthier lifestyle. I'm not fat or unfit by any means, I'm a tall, relatively lean (though not skinny) guy. I do eat quite unhealthy though, I absolutely love pasta and pizza, and don't eat nearly enough fruit. I do eat quite some veggies, salads and good meats though so I guess that's good.

I've been reading through the OP of this topic, and the main thing I'm wondering is: what do you guys have for breakfast?! I like my bread, I eat healthy(?) brown bread with grains and nuts in it, preferably with peanut butter or some meat like ham or chicken and cheese. Is a breakfast like that really that detrimental to me living healthy? Could someone here please elaborate on their diet? Maybe give an example of what you guys would eat in an ordinary school or workday? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
September 12 2011 23:15 GMT
#11479
On September 13 2011 08:08 Tevo wrote:
Hey all, new poster to H&F trying to get into a bit healthier lifestyle. I'm not fat or unfit by any means, I'm a tall, relatively lean (though not skinny) guy. I do eat quite unhealthy though, I absolutely love pasta and pizza, and don't eat nearly enough fruit. I do eat quite some veggies, salads and good meats though so I guess that's good.

I've been reading through the OP of this topic, and the main thing I'm wondering is: what do you guys have for breakfast?! I like my bread, I eat healthy(?) brown bread with grains and nuts in it, preferably with peanut butter or some meat like ham or chicken and cheese. Is a breakfast like that really that detrimental to me living healthy? Could someone here please elaborate on their diet? Maybe give an example of what you guys would eat in an ordinary school or workday? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!

Eggs, some bacon, ham or sausage. Omelets are the bomb. You could probably cut out a lot of grains from your diet if you're looking to eat healthier. If you can't go without em, try limiting yourself to one or two days a week where you eat some bread, but remember that it's eat, not gorge.
Sup.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 12 2011 23:26 GMT
#11480
On September 13 2011 08:08 Tevo wrote:
Hey all, new poster to H&F trying to get into a bit healthier lifestyle. I'm not fat or unfit by any means, I'm a tall, relatively lean (though not skinny) guy. I do eat quite unhealthy though, I absolutely love pasta and pizza, and don't eat nearly enough fruit. I do eat quite some veggies, salads and good meats though so I guess that's good.

I've been reading through the OP of this topic, and the main thing I'm wondering is: what do you guys have for breakfast?! I like my bread, I eat healthy(?) brown bread with grains and nuts in it, preferably with peanut butter or some meat like ham or chicken and cheese. Is a breakfast like that really that detrimental to me living healthy? Could someone here please elaborate on their diet? Maybe give an example of what you guys would eat in an ordinary school or workday? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!


I've been making omelettes for breakfast pretty consistently for the last year or so. Eggs + bacon/veggies = nom nom nom nom. Definitely kick the cereal/bread/grains from breakfast. Ideally get rid of the peanut butter too.

(basically what was said above)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 572 573 574 575 576 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM660
TKL 256
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 660
ByuN 306
TKL 256
mouzHeroMarine 115
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 8
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25569
Calm 3301
Shuttle 1141
Horang2 527
Soulkey 196
Rush 132
Dewaltoss 121
Zeus 64
Free 37
Hyun 34
[ Show more ]
sorry 30
Trap 25
Killer 19
ToSsGirL 19
PianO 17
Bale 16
JYJ 16
Rock 15
Aegong 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Hm[arnc] 11
Sacsri 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7086
Dendi1248
League of Legends
KnowMe50
Counter-Strike
fl0m4803
x6flipin836
Fnx 608
pashabiceps422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Other Games
singsing1924
Liquid`RaSZi1476
Beastyqt591
ceh9501
Khaldor308
C9.Mang0244
dupreeh199
crisheroes183
420jenkins179
IndyStarCraft 143
QueenE96
Trikslyr89
JuggernautJason10
Grubby0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 15
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3324
• WagamamaTV508
League of Legends
• Nemesis2900
• TFBlade585
Other Games
• Shiphtur839
• imaqtpie325
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 38m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.