• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 570

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 568 569 570 571 572 730 Next
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
September 11 2011 11:03 GMT
#11381
On September 11 2011 18:43 emjaytron wrote:
One question for the serious lifters out there, what's a good solution for grip strength issues (I've been losing grip on the bar in deadlifts towards the end of my sets.)


1. Chalk. It makes all the difference in the world. After I first used it, my Deadlift went up by 20kg within two weeks and my grip felt no longer shitty.

2. I like doing high-rep Dumbbell Rows (high-rep meaning 10 in my case, you surely can go to 12-15 if you want to). The last reps have to be really hard. That was an idea I read from Jim Wendler some time ago and I feel it helps. Farmers Walks for holding something heavy with focus on conditioning instead of an additional exercise should work too.

3. Also a very easy fix, just hang from a Chin/Pull-Up bar until you can't hold it any longer. If you are pretty light, you probably have to do that weighted though. I actually love doing this and it really works the forearms.

Also, 1kg is ca. 2,2lb
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 11 2011 12:11 GMT
#11382
On September 11 2011 17:52 BouBou.865 wrote:
Question: I can go about paralel whilst keeping my lowerback really tight. I can obviously go lower if I let it bend. Is it better to go ass to grass with a non-tight lower back or go paralel with a tight back?

Also how do I stretch my legs (quads?) to allow me to go ATG with a tight lower back?

Aaaaand how often should I do stretches for powercleans? Once a day, hold for 10 secs? Twice a day? Eschlow linked me a crazy complicated source a bit ago, didn't get that at all, sorry

No, only go as far down as you can have good form.

Stretch your calves, and hamstrings. Those are generally the two problem areas. Youtube some stretches for those.

Stretches for powercleans? o_O

On September 11 2011 18:43 emjaytron wrote:
Hi guys I've just been having a look through the last 10 pages or so, haven't posted here yet but think I might be able to help people out sometimes.

I'm a postgrad physiotherapy student so if you have any questions about injuries or specific anatomy/biomechanics stuff I can probably help you.

Personally, I'm 18 months on from a major knee operation. Back to squatting 120kg (250lb? not sure on the conversion), powercleaning 70kg (150lb?), and deadlifting 100kg.

One question for the serious lifters out there, what's a good solution for grip strength issues (I've been losing grip on the bar in deadlifts towards the end of my sets.)


Hah, finally another PT related person so I don't have to do all of the injury advice here. :p

As stated before, some specific grip work is usually good.

Always double overhand deadlifts and such until you reach the point of failure. Then if you can keep going up in weight go mixed grip. But yeah, definitely some dedicated grip work will be a good idea.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 12:41:01
September 11 2011 12:36 GMT
#11383
Is it really true that intermittent fasting doesn't stunt muscle growth? I wanna lose a lot of body fat but at the same time I eventually wanna hit huge numbers on the big compounds (the big three + the overhead press).
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 12:42:31
September 11 2011 12:40 GMT
#11384
On September 11 2011 18:43 emjaytron wrote:
Hi guys I've just been having a look through the last 10 pages or so, haven't posted here yet but think I might be able to help people out sometimes.

I'm a postgrad physiotherapy student so if you have any questions about injuries or specific anatomy/biomechanics stuff I can probably help you.

Personally, I'm 18 months on from a major knee operation. Back to squatting 120kg (250lb? not sure on the conversion), powercleaning 70kg (150lb?), and deadlifting 100kg.

One question for the serious lifters out there, what's a good solution for grip strength issues (I've been losing grip on the bar in deadlifts towards the end of my sets.)


Welcome aboard! What kind of knee troubles did you have?

On September 11 2011 11:10 infinity21 wrote:
think he's referring to this
[image loading]

The infamous pussypad. I spotted it once in my gym. Then it got hidden away and never returned.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
September 11 2011 13:09 GMT
#11385
I went to the gym the other day and saw two of my mates squatting with the pussy pad. I was slightly dissapointed, but at least they were squatting.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 13:15:39
September 11 2011 13:13 GMT
#11386
I had traction apophysitis - effectively where my patella tendon inserts into my tibia was tearing away ever so slowly (from playing volleyball). I was doing 140kg squats (i'm 70kg) but not quite to parallel.

Since I had surgery to repair the tendon, I had to rebuild my squat technique, not to mention my entire quads (it helped that I was learning injury management stuff at the time) starting with much lower weight and focusing on full range squats/single leg squats. I understand knees a hell of a lot better for it now haha.

For the grip thing I'm going to try the hookgrip (i'm guess this is one hand over/one under?). we'll see how it goes.

It's interesting being a physio in here since I'm not so experienced with serious weightlifting or bodybuilding, we do far more postural strength stuff and rehabilitation.

edit- some people have a really prominent spine on their C7 vertebrae (like me), so the pussy pad has its uses.
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
September 11 2011 13:29 GMT
#11387
On September 11 2011 22:13 emjaytron wrote:
I had traction apophysitis - effectively where my patella tendon inserts into my tibia was tearing away ever so slowly (from playing volleyball). I was doing 140kg squats (i'm 70kg) but not quite to parallel.

Since I had surgery to repair the tendon, I had to rebuild my squat technique, not to mention my entire quads (it helped that I was learning injury management stuff at the time) starting with much lower weight and focusing on full range squats/single leg squats. I understand knees a hell of a lot better for it now haha.

For the grip thing I'm going to try the hookgrip (i'm guess this is one hand over/one under?). we'll see how it goes.

It's interesting being a physio in here since I'm not so experienced with serious weightlifting or bodybuilding, we do far more postural strength stuff and rehabilitation.

edit- some people have a really prominent spine on their C7 vertebrae (like me), so the pussy pad has its uses.


ouch! I've had my share of knee troubles and had to get a surgery to fix my left one. Rehab was painfully boring to say the least.

Hook-grip is when you do a regular double overhand grip on the bar but lock your thumbs under the other fingers.

[image loading]

What you are referring to is mixed-grip, a personal favourite of mine.

I have a relatively prominent C7 but just placing the bar lower fixed that issue for me. The consistency you get from having the bar only outweighs the slight discomfort from not having the pad.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 13:46:24
September 11 2011 13:45 GMT
#11388
+ Show Spoiler +

On September 10 2011 01:40 phyre112 wrote:
@Eshlow:
I'm still having a problem with both my right and left shoulders - it started with just the left, but now get the occasional twinge in my right as well, so I assume I've been doing some "compensating" with my right on bench press and other related exercises.

[image loading]


Started in my left about a month ago, just a little Twinge when I would bench press heavy. It's slowly gotten worse, which, considering I haven't backed off on it (if anything I'm working harder) isn't surprising. An extremely dull pain is now present any time I attempt to extend the left arm forward, such as right now when I type at a keyboard. If I do so with the elbows "spread" (parallel with the floor if I'm standing) It's much more severe than if I have them "tucked" (proper bench pressing form). The farther the bench pressing motion goes, the worse the pain is.

Image above is a very.... general overview of what hurts. The pain is concentrated in the center of the front deltoid, I assume being where the Humerus fits into the shoulder joint. I haven't quite gotten to the anatomy of the shoulder yet in my textbooks - give me a week =p. When I try to complete a pressing motion, the pain is through the entirety of my front delt and upper trapezius muscles.

Bench pressing, or a similar unweighted motion is what hurts. It doesn't get significantly worse with added weight. Overhead pressing is fine, rowing is fine, pullups and chinups are fine. Power cleans are fine as long as I manage to actually get under the bar in time.

Since this all started when I tried bench pressing 4x/week (wanted to hit BW bench by the end of summer) I was operating on the assumption that it was just a bursitis type thing - I've dealt with that in several other joints (knee, knuckles, elbow) before with rest, advil/alieve, and ice. My shoulder isn't responding to that right now though, and I'm going to have a hell of a time getting through my first "real" rugby practice on monday if I can't figure it out. Any advice you have would be fantastic. I'm not completely resting it right now - benching once a week at most, but doing LOTS of overhead stuff (jerks, push press, high incline bench) which doesn't bother me at all, as well as a lot of rowing (I would say I have 1.5x the volume of "pull" around my shoulder joint that I do "push".)




If its not the pectoral tendon (you should be able to tell by feeling it) then I would be inclined to look at a supraspinatus tendon impingement. Supraspinatus has the muscle belly pretty much directly under your upper trap, and the tendon is deep under your deltoid. If your scapula tilts forward when you benchpress you could be jamming the tendon between the acromion (top outer corner of your scapula), and the humerus itself.

The odd thing with that is you seem to be okay overhead.... with that injury i'd expect you not to be.

Aother culprit could be pec minor? its just under the pec major, but instead of moving your whole arm it just pulls your scapula forward relative to your ribcage


test for supraspinatus

to test pec minor, lie on your back and get someone to push down on your bad shoulder with your arms by your sides, pinning your chest in place with the other hand.

edit- I think someone mentioned subscapularis too, could be it
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
Earll
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Norway847 Posts
September 11 2011 13:48 GMT
#11389
whoafff my legs are really sore today, feel like i will perform weak tomorrow and not be able to squat as much as I did the first day =p time will show though.
Wat
Stancel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Singapore15360 Posts
September 11 2011 13:48 GMT
#11390
Hey guys, I'm a skinny ass 17 year old male who's looking to start hitting the gym, but first I'd like to start gaining weight (I'm about 47-49kg).

Any tips for diet habits, those weight gainers or such?
ffxiv enjoyer
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
September 11 2011 13:59 GMT
#11391
On September 11 2011 22:48 DoNotDisturb wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a skinny ass 17 year old male who's looking to start hitting the gym, but first I'd like to start gaining weight (I'm about 47-49kg).

Any tips for diet habits, those weight gainers or such?

Get Starting Strength, everything, EVERYTHING is in there. We do motivation, SS does the rest
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
September 11 2011 14:07 GMT
#11392
On September 11 2011 22:48 Earll wrote:
whoafff my legs are really sore today, feel like i will perform weak tomorrow and not be able to squat as much as I did the first day =p time will show though.

worry not.

by the time you're done with your first warm up sets, your legs will be ready to go.

Learn to embrace that soreness it's just a quick reminder of your body that you are making changes to it, and that it wants more! .

good luck.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
September 11 2011 14:16 GMT
#11393
On September 11 2011 22:48 DoNotDisturb wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a skinny ass 17 year old male who's looking to start hitting the gym, but first I'd like to start gaining weight (I'm about 47-49kg).

Any tips for diet habits, those weight gainers or such?


Muscle won't grow unless it's used, fed and rested. So the earlier you can get in the gym (and start practicing basic technique) the better. As for putting on weight before you go to the gym, well, fat doesn't magically become muscle I'm sorry to say.
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
September 11 2011 14:16 GMT
#11394
On September 11 2011 22:48 DoNotDisturb wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a skinny ass 17 year old male who's looking to start hitting the gym, but first I'd like to start gaining weight (I'm about 47-49kg).

Any tips for diet habits, those weight gainers or such?


eat a ton, drink 4 liters of milk per day. gaining weight is easy
if you can, eat paleo (see op for more info on that). if not, just try to eat as cleanly as possible (minmal junk food etc)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
September 11 2011 14:30 GMT
#11395
On September 11 2011 22:48 DoNotDisturb wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a skinny ass 17 year old male who's looking to start hitting the gym, but first I'd like to start gaining weight (I'm about 47-49kg).

Any tips for diet habits, those weight gainers or such?


Also, for reference: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=11290731
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
September 11 2011 14:59 GMT
#11396
On September 11 2011 15:07 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 14:58 decafchicken wrote:
On September 11 2011 11:49 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On September 11 2011 11:35 infinity21 wrote:
haha nothing against the skinny kids. at least they do the chin-ups
The big guys are probably ashamed that they can only do 3 or think they're hot shit doing like 10 quarter-ups


I actually find chin-ups pretty easy even though I weight 160lbs and have only a 70lb bar curl. But wide grip pull-ups, man those are ridiculous, I'd be more proud of doing 15 of those than deadlifting 500lbs.

rather be able to do both


Working on it, doing a solid 40lb assist for 10-12 right now. How many can you do?


For wide-grip i think most i've gotten is 12-15 (bodyweight) and deadlift is 500+
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 11 2011 15:01 GMT
#11397
Currents Stats:
80kg, prob around 17% bf
Stats for 5 reps
Squats: 130kg
Deadlifts: 160kg
Bench: 80kg
Press: 55kg

New lifts:
Front Squat: 70kg
Power Clean: 60kg

Time to gain some upper body strength and lose some fucking weight.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 11 2011 15:16 GMT
#11398
On September 11 2011 21:36 Metallingus wrote:
Is it really true that intermittent fasting doesn't stunt muscle growth? I wanna lose a lot of body fat but at the same time I eventually wanna hit huge numbers on the big compounds (the big three + the overhead press).


It does not increase muscle loss. The only thing that increases muscle loss is not eating enough protein without enough calories or in the absence of a stress on the muscles.

IF can be stressful on the body if you're trying to lose weight and lifting heavy though which is why I generally don't recommend trying to do both IF and lift heavy at the same time.

But you can try it.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-11 15:30:45
September 11 2011 15:24 GMT
#11399
On September 11 2011 22:13 emjaytron wrote:
I had traction apophysitis - effectively where my patella tendon inserts into my tibia was tearing away ever so slowly (from playing volleyball). I was doing 140kg squats (i'm 70kg) but not quite to parallel.

Since I had surgery to repair the tendon, I had to rebuild my squat technique, not to mention my entire quads (it helped that I was learning injury management stuff at the time) starting with much lower weight and focusing on full range squats/single leg squats. I understand knees a hell of a lot better for it now haha.

For the grip thing I'm going to try the hookgrip (i'm guess this is one hand over/one under?). we'll see how it goes.

It's interesting being a physio in here since I'm not so experienced with serious weightlifting or bodybuilding, we do far more postural strength stuff and rehabilitation.

edit- some people have a really prominent spine on their C7 vertebrae (like me), so the pussy pad has its uses.


I have the same thing, except it was already bad from osgood schlatter's. However, fortunately mine isn't bad enough that I require surgery but it can get irritated easily if I overdo exercise.

Also, you need to squeeze scaps back to create a shelf of muscle for the bar. That makes it so it doesn't sit on the C7. I have an extemely prominent C7 too and it doesn't bother it if you make the shelf of muscle correctly.

On September 11 2011 22:45 emjaytron wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On September 10 2011 01:40 phyre112 wrote:
@Eshlow:
I'm still having a problem with both my right and left shoulders - it started with just the left, but now get the occasional twinge in my right as well, so I assume I've been doing some "compensating" with my right on bench press and other related exercises.

[image loading]


Started in my left about a month ago, just a little Twinge when I would bench press heavy. It's slowly gotten worse, which, considering I haven't backed off on it (if anything I'm working harder) isn't surprising. An extremely dull pain is now present any time I attempt to extend the left arm forward, such as right now when I type at a keyboard. If I do so with the elbows "spread" (parallel with the floor if I'm standing) It's much more severe than if I have them "tucked" (proper bench pressing form). The farther the bench pressing motion goes, the worse the pain is.

Image above is a very.... general overview of what hurts. The pain is concentrated in the center of the front deltoid, I assume being where the Humerus fits into the shoulder joint. I haven't quite gotten to the anatomy of the shoulder yet in my textbooks - give me a week =p. When I try to complete a pressing motion, the pain is through the entirety of my front delt and upper trapezius muscles.

Bench pressing, or a similar unweighted motion is what hurts. It doesn't get significantly worse with added weight. Overhead pressing is fine, rowing is fine, pullups and chinups are fine. Power cleans are fine as long as I manage to actually get under the bar in time.

Since this all started when I tried bench pressing 4x/week (wanted to hit BW bench by the end of summer) I was operating on the assumption that it was just a bursitis type thing - I've dealt with that in several other joints (knee, knuckles, elbow) before with rest, advil/alieve, and ice. My shoulder isn't responding to that right now though, and I'm going to have a hell of a time getting through my first "real" rugby practice on monday if I can't figure it out. Any advice you have would be fantastic. I'm not completely resting it right now - benching once a week at most, but doing LOTS of overhead stuff (jerks, push press, high incline bench) which doesn't bother me at all, as well as a lot of rowing (I would say I have 1.5x the volume of "pull" around my shoulder joint that I do "push".)




If its not the pectoral tendon (you should be able to tell by feeling it) then I would be inclined to look at a supraspinatus tendon impingement. Supraspinatus has the muscle belly pretty much directly under your upper trap, and the tendon is deep under your deltoid. If your scapula tilts forward when you benchpress you could be jamming the tendon between the acromion (top outer corner of your scapula), and the humerus itself.

The odd thing with that is you seem to be okay overhead.... with that injury i'd expect you not to be.

Aother culprit could be pec minor? its just under the pec major, but instead of moving your whole arm it just pulls your scapula forward relative to your ribcage


test for supraspinatus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHOqydDhxo
to test pec minor, lie on your back and get someone to push down on your bad shoulder with your arms by your sides, pinning your chest in place with the other hand.

edit- I think someone mentioned subscapularis too, could be it


I do not think it's pectoral tendon b/c pec would also be irritated going overhead (due to clavicular head of pec pulling on the tendon). Likewise, so would supraspinatus. If it was impingement it would also hurt going overhead moreso than the bench press motion.

I don't think pec minor fits either since if that was tight it would be more aggravated going overhead like the above structures b/c if it's tight and irritated it wouldn't like elongated for upward rotation & superior translation of the scapula.

If it's something it's probably subscap (due to external rotation going overhead probably not going to aggravate it) and bench has a bunch of subscap for stabilization. Since it's deep it could be that or it could be something capsular or labral related. Usually anterior part of the shoulder and deeper is biceps tendon but pulling exercises don't hurt so it's probably not that.

Achy and gets better during the day usually means it's tendonosis or capsular/cartilage/labrum type related stuff and not usually muscle belly so it's probably not a strain of some sort. No shooting/radiating/burning pains so that probably rules out some sort of thoracic outlet syndrome or other nerve impingement.

Generally, do not like dull persistent pains because that tends to mean labrum-ish issues. I mean, in most cases if flexibility of shoulder structures is poor general mobility type work can help to start fix the problem, but it's better to get a diagnosis from an ortho/pt for this.

This is actually one of the fewer cases where it's hard to narrow things down since there isn't a lot of movements that hurt with the place it hurts that make a lot of sense for certain structures. That's why ortho or PT is a very good idea in this case.

I'm generally pretty good with "internet diagnostics" for extremities (shoulder -> hand, hip -> foot) but this one has thrown me for a loop. o_o
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Metallingus
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Philippines468 Posts
September 11 2011 18:37 GMT
#11400
On September 12 2011 00:16 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2011 21:36 Metallingus wrote:
Is it really true that intermittent fasting doesn't stunt muscle growth? I wanna lose a lot of body fat but at the same time I eventually wanna hit huge numbers on the big compounds (the big three + the overhead press).


It does not increase muscle loss. The only thing that increases muscle loss is not eating enough protein without enough calories or in the absence of a stress on the muscles.

IF can be stressful on the body if you're trying to lose weight and lifting heavy though which is why I generally don't recommend trying to do both IF and lift heavy at the same time.

But you can try it.


Thanks eshlow. I think I'll forego IF for now, getting my numbers up is more important to me at this point and I think that as long as I keep my nutrition clean and add assistance work to my routine the fat will go down by itself.

Awesome thread as always!
Overcome all. Especially plateaus.
Prev 1 568 569 570 571 572 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 832
RotterdaM400
SteadfastSC165
TKL 156
Rex103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 400
ByuN 254
SteadfastSC 165
TKL 156
Rex 103
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33925
Shuttle 2020
Jaedong 811
Bisu 623
Horang2 576
Soulkey 477
Stork 299
Mini 298
Larva 243
actioN 240
[ Show more ]
BeSt 220
Soma 201
EffOrt 193
Mong 166
firebathero 158
Last 147
Rush 139
Snow 130
ZerO 121
Zeus 100
Free 80
910 77
Pusan 75
Mind 69
Hyun 65
PianO 55
Shinee 51
Sharp 45
Shine 44
hero 42
Yoon 42
JYJ 33
Sexy 33
Bale 26
sorry 25
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
HiyA 20
ToSsGirL 19
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Noble 10
Icarus 5
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc2562
Dendi961
canceldota70
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1263
edward6
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King212
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes446
Other Games
gofns58854
singsing2203
Lowko311
B2W.Neo231
DeMusliM201
hiko187
Pyrionflax175
Livibee147
QueenE45
Trikslyr30
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1030
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV444
League of Legends
• Jankos1261
Other Games
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 26m
The PondCast
21h 26m
INu's Battles
22h 26m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.