• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9405 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5113

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5162 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 01 2015 17:48 GMT
#102241
On June 02 2015 02:29 TheHumanSensation wrote:
Also here's a brief run-down of what a draft playthrough is if anyone is interested:

+ Show Spoiler +
Players who sign up get assigned a number in some way
-Ex// Highest elo → lowest elo.

Players draft characters for their team in some pattern based on their number
-Ex// 1->2->3->1->2->3 or 1->2->3->3->2->1 etc.

Players can only use the characters they've drafted to complete the game.
-If it's a character that's forcibly deployed then you have to unequip their weapons and never enter combat with them.

Lowest turn count wins.

Some specific changes have to be made for specific games
-Ex// If we have more than 3 players in an awakening draft then we might skip the prologue which only has 3 combat characters in it.
-Ex// In Fe9 All teams must contain a character that can hurt Ashnard.


Let it not be Awakening, because you can Chrom solo anything below Lunatic and it's not really even hard.

TBH I feel like FE7's actually the only reasonable "fair" game for this.
Moderator
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 01 2015 17:50 GMT
#102242
On June 02 2015 02:28 Numy wrote:
So it's like a boring yugioh? :D

it goes into a bit more depth. seems pretty good so far. hard to tell how it'll develop, since it's only like 2 or 3 releases deep.
liftlift > tsm
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 01 2015 17:51 GMT
#102243
On June 02 2015 01:33 JonGalt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2015 22:55 ComaDose wrote:
On June 01 2015 22:45 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On June 01 2015 22:38 ComaDose wrote:
On May 31 2015 04:33 Lord Tolkien wrote:
well as its a slow day today in OT, time for me to recommend webcomics.

I'm sure coma will enjoy this. Check, Please! College Hockey-based webcomic. For the uninitiated, it also provides a look into hockey culture, like nicknames and hockey butts. And yes, Sidney Crosby's ass is perhaps singular in its magnificence.

Only criticism are the long, irregular update times, ah well.

heh i did like this.

how was your weekend everyone? Im so tired im def going to nap on lunch in my car.


Well, watching you and JonGalt play League made me relapse...

so yeah, that's how my weekend went

That's excellent. Im glad my play was that inspiring.


Coma: "Smite 600"
....
*Enemy Janna steals Dragon with tornado over the wall*
Me: "????"
Coma: "Hmmm, I ghosted instead of smite..."

INSPIRING PAY

play does occasionally get sloppy the later it gets into the weekend. But i gotta say that was a first for me.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 01 2015 17:56 GMT
#102244
On June 02 2015 02:50 wei2coolman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 02:28 Numy wrote:
So it's like a boring yugioh? :D

it goes into a bit more depth. seems pretty good so far. hard to tell how it'll develop, since it's only like 2 or 3 releases deep.


Is it sports manga? If so then the actual game I find isn't really what defines how good it is anyway.
JonGalt
Profile Joined February 2013
Pootie too good!4331 Posts
June 01 2015 17:57 GMT
#102245
On June 02 2015 02:51 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 01:33 JonGalt wrote:
On June 01 2015 22:55 ComaDose wrote:
On June 01 2015 22:45 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On June 01 2015 22:38 ComaDose wrote:
On May 31 2015 04:33 Lord Tolkien wrote:
well as its a slow day today in OT, time for me to recommend webcomics.

I'm sure coma will enjoy this. Check, Please! College Hockey-based webcomic. For the uninitiated, it also provides a look into hockey culture, like nicknames and hockey butts. And yes, Sidney Crosby's ass is perhaps singular in its magnificence.

Only criticism are the long, irregular update times, ah well.

heh i did like this.

how was your weekend everyone? Im so tired im def going to nap on lunch in my car.


Well, watching you and JonGalt play League made me relapse...

so yeah, that's how my weekend went

That's excellent. Im glad my play was that inspiring.


Coma: "Smite 600"
....
*Enemy Janna steals Dragon with tornado over the wall*
Me: "????"
Coma: "Hmmm, I ghosted instead of smite..."

INSPIRING PAY

play does occasionally get sloppy the later it gets into the weekend. But i gotta say that was a first for me.


Pony still carried, wurf.
LiquidLegends StaffWho is Jon Galt?
TheHumanSensation
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1210 Posts
June 01 2015 18:00 GMT
#102246
On June 02 2015 02:48 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 02:29 TheHumanSensation wrote:
Also here's a brief run-down of what a draft playthrough is if anyone is interested:

+ Show Spoiler +
Players who sign up get assigned a number in some way
-Ex// Highest elo → lowest elo.

Players draft characters for their team in some pattern based on their number
-Ex// 1->2->3->1->2->3 or 1->2->3->3->2->1 etc.

Players can only use the characters they've drafted to complete the game.
-If it's a character that's forcibly deployed then you have to unequip their weapons and never enter combat with them.

Lowest turn count wins.

Some specific changes have to be made for specific games
-Ex// If we have more than 3 players in an awakening draft then we might skip the prologue which only has 3 combat characters in it.
-Ex// In Fe9 All teams must contain a character that can hurt Ashnard.


Let it not be Awakening, because you can Chrom solo anything below Lunatic and it's not really even hard.

TBH I feel like FE7's actually the only reasonable "fair" game for this.


Well, you could Chrom solo it, but your turn count would be terribly high, and out of Chrom/MU/Fred Frederick is considered the most powerful in terms of turns-saved. The draft and low-turn aiming change the game a lot!

I've done 1 draft for Fe9 and 1 for Awakening and would say that both games work well enough (Fe10 isn't good, though), but I'd be in for Fe7 or anything else that we can get people for. I'm pretty experienced in FE generally but not so much in 7, so that could be a helpful balancing factor.

Oh also a part I forgot is that we write mini-updates about the chapters and how we did it etc including our turn count for the chapter so that we can keep track. Optional rule is that chapters can be tried as many times as you want but once it's submitted in a write-up it's finalized.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 01 2015 18:07 GMT
#102247
On June 02 2015 01:23 Fusilero wrote:
Aww yiss xcom 2 announced; already time to get hype


PC exclusive with plans for mod support. I am hyped.

Time to see if hyped becomes gypped later (NEVAR FORGET CIV:BE).
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
June 01 2015 18:08 GMT
#102248
On June 02 2015 03:07 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 01:23 Fusilero wrote:
Aww yiss xcom 2 announced; already time to get hype


PC exclusive with plans for mod support. I am hyped.

Time to see if hyped becomes gypped later (NEVAR FORGET CIV:BE).

Wow I don't appreciate the racial slurs Monte
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
June 01 2015 18:14 GMT
#102249
On June 02 2015 03:07 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 01:23 Fusilero wrote:
Aww yiss xcom 2 announced; already time to get hype


PC exclusive with plans for mod support. I am hyped.

Time to see if hyped becomes gypped later (NEVAR FORGET CIV:BE).


I'm still sad I got peer pressured into pre-ordering Civ:BE. Never pre-ordering again, that's how bad I'm scarred .
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 01 2015 18:19 GMT
#102250
On June 02 2015 03:14 Sunaj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2015 03:07 Seuss wrote:
On June 02 2015 01:23 Fusilero wrote:
Aww yiss xcom 2 announced; already time to get hype


PC exclusive with plans for mod support. I am hyped.

Time to see if hyped becomes gypped later (NEVAR FORGET CIV:BE).


I'm still sad I got peer pressured into pre-ordering Civ:BE. Never pre-ordering again, that's how bad I'm scarred .


I learned that lesson with Spore, my friend.

Which isn't to say I didn't buy Civ:BE - I did. But I also wasn't expecting a ton out of it.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 01 2015 18:26 GMT
#102251
Dam don't pre-order games. I thought we as a people learnt that years ago.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
June 01 2015 18:30 GMT
#102252
Preordering GTA V was amazing. Then again I was pre-ordering a game I tried out on the 360 so I knew it was good but still.

I wish I could claim hipster status of pre-ordering HoMM3, then I'd be cooler than every one of you here.
Hey! How you doin'?
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
June 01 2015 18:37 GMT
#102253
On June 02 2015 03:26 Numy wrote:
Dam don't pre-order games. I thought we as a people learnt that years ago.


Witcher 3 would have been an easy choice for me if I was willing to pay €60 for AAA game.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
June 01 2015 18:37 GMT
#102254
The last game I pre-ordered was skullgirls, totes worth.
Glorious SEA doto
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 01 2015 18:38 GMT
#102255
Speaking of preorders:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Not a fan of preorder bonuses these days, not that I was ever a fan.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 01 2015 18:52 GMT
#102256
On June 02 2015 03:38 Seuss wrote:
Speaking of preorders:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Not a fan of preorder bonuses these days, not that I was ever a fan.

This Arkham Knight stuff is bonkers. And a shame considering I'm looking forward to the game.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 01 2015 18:58 GMT
#102257
On June 02 2015 03:38 Seuss wrote:
Speaking of preorders:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Not a fan of preorder bonuses these days, not that I was ever a fan.


that is appalling
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-01 19:14:19
June 01 2015 19:04 GMT
#102258
I generally just avoid preorders because now every place has its own bonus content and I usually just order off of amazon which doesn't give me anything

the fire emblem games were decent I just got mad that I couldn't farm character levels outside of the one random game that let you do the weird arena shenanigans and even that was annoying. not sure if they changed it
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 01 2015 19:23 GMT
#102259
On June 02 2015 03:26 Numy wrote:
Dam don't pre-order games. I thought we as a people learnt that years ago.

Kickstarter is the new preorder.

And seeing as the two games I've backed to date are D:OS and PoE, it has a pretty good track record to me.
Moderator
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
June 01 2015 19:24 GMT
#102260
all aboard the xcom 2 hype train?
Prev 1 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1197
910 107
Snow 94
Hyun 81
NotJumperer 55
Bale 33
Noble 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto258
League of Legends
JimRising 614
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King155
Other Games
summit1g6416
Coldzera 724
WinterStarcraft434
C9.Mang0278
PiGStarcraft169
NeuroSwarm134
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick559
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Rush1113
• Lourlo1064
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 55m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 55m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 55m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.