• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9094 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 5088

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5162 Next
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
May 27 2015 19:36 GMT
#101741
On May 28 2015 02:48 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 02:45 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On May 28 2015 02:38 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On May 28 2015 02:29 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On May 28 2015 02:28 Alaric wrote:
Y'know other countries have stuff akin to memorial day, right?


Yes but they don't have it on the last Monday of May.

In your attempt to elevate your own intellectual standing by pointing out what you (mistakenly) assumed to be a gap in my knowledge, you have instead merely exposed your own inability to synthesize and contextualize information, proving yourself to be a sententious pedant.


Well, let me tell you this - I am shamelessly self-involved. I spend hours in front of the mirror making my hair elegantly disheveled. I worry about how this album will sell, because I believe it will determine the amount of sex I have in the future. I self medicate with drugs and alcohol to treat my extreme social anxiety. You are a faker - ADMIT IT. You are a fraud - ADMIT IT. Yeah, you're living a lie, living a lie, your life is living a lie. You don't impress me - ADMIT IT. You don't intimidate me - ADMIT IT. Why don't you bow down, get on the ground, WALK THIS FUCKING PLANK YEAH.


At least I compose my own vapid, pseudointellectual drivel instead of copypastaing from some seventh tier alt rock band.


Psh, "copypasta", who do you think I am. I typed that shit out.

I just happened to be listening to Say Anything and you showed your hipster consumerism. Don't worry, Cheep, for you I won't ever have rough sex with Molly Connolly again.

...Is a Real Boy is good. Sadly nothing they did afterwords was quite on that level.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-27 19:39:41
May 27 2015 19:39 GMT
#101742
As expected MB's first knowledge bomb after getting his PC working again is about a week old topic.
Moderator
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
May 27 2015 19:45 GMT
#101743
That's because he's a weak old guy. (See what I did there?)

Finally caught up on GoT, and as a person who read the books, the show is pretty meh. I like that I can watch this and not feel like they're spoiling the books when half of the stuff won't even happen/happens to other people, but it's just a shittier/more simplified plot. I still think epics don't make good movies even if they're really well done (LotR) because the scope of an epic is what makes them epic. A movie version of an epic is a cheapened experience.
Hey! How you doin'?
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
May 27 2015 19:47 GMT
#101744
Pointing out your own puns is bad form.
TranslatorBaa!
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
May 27 2015 20:00 GMT
#101745
Respectable people are at work and can't do more than skim comments, and I don't want my hard earned work going unnoticed. Besides puns are the lowest form of humor so they really can't be lowered down in standards. Back in medieval times cracking a pun commonly ended up with a hanging or being drawn and quartered.
Hey! How you doin'?
thejuju
Profile Joined January 2015
United States413 Posts
May 27 2015 20:02 GMT
#101746
On May 28 2015 02:29 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 02:28 Alaric wrote:
Y'know other countries have stuff akin to memorial day, right?


Yes but they don't have it on the last Monday of May.

In your attempt to elevate your own intellectual standing by pointing out what you (mistakenly) assumed to be a gap in my knowledge, you have instead merely exposed your own inability to synthesize and contextualize information, proving yourself to be a sententious pedant.


Holy shit Cheep the toxicity is so real.

Also I like Memorial Day. It gives me another day to sleep o/
@whyjujuwhy | THE BIGGEST FRAUD ON LL | Ultimate Passionlord | N E V E R G I V E U P
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 27 2015 20:07 GMT
#101747
I worked on memorial day for triple time. Easy money.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
May 27 2015 20:07 GMT
#101748
I find this hilarious http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/27/technology/iphone-text-message-hack/index.html
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 27 2015 20:19 GMT
#101749
On May 28 2015 04:47 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
Pointing out your own puns is bad form.

Don't try and stop me, Smee, I'm really going to do it this time.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
May 27 2015 20:20 GMT
#101750
On May 28 2015 05:07 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
I find this hilarious http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/27/technology/iphone-text-message-hack/index.html


Because it is hilarious. ^_^
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 27 2015 20:23 GMT
#101751
BoonMear, I enjoyed your post, don't let the hipster hater hate hate hate
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-27 20:31:32
May 27 2015 20:27 GMT
#101752
On May 28 2015 04:35 MoonBear wrote:
SNIP

I'm back, before I go into a MB-esque post on why Rand Paul is a disingenuous bastard and why he is actually-completely-wrong, I'll respond to a MB post.

1) I perhaps should've been clear that there are (often bitter) disagreements within mainstream economics. The basic modeling and "schools" of thought no longer exist (or at least, as they are portrayed in pop culture like here + Show Spoiler +


), but economics is still an academic subject and academics are...academic; that is, rife with disagreement and squabbling over even the smallest of details.

2) Your point on the divorce of modern economists from basic economic theory is something new to me, though in hindsight not surprising. Of the social sciences, economics has been the most ardent in its pursuit of mathematical models and quantitative measures of analysis, and econometrics is a morass of applied mathematics and statistical analysis which I actually had one of my professors vocally warn me off of learning in my senior year for an independent study I was conducting (on South Africa's future economic prognosis). In this light, that makes much more sense.

3) The Romer article is quite new, it seems, as I haven't heard of it. I'll bookmark it and read it when I can. It seems quite interesting on a skim.

First a break though. I don't like shitposting walls of texts on weekdays that often.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 27 2015 21:23 GMT
#101753
It's hard to play around double Kezan mystic... sheesh.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 27 2015 21:32 GMT
#101754
On May 28 2015 06:23 mordek wrote:
It's hard to play around double Kezan mystic... sheesh.

That's why you play a Kezan Mystic yourself when using secrets
aquire value vs hunters and mages
aquire value vs decks that use Kezan Mystic
it's awesome
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
May 27 2015 21:33 GMT
#101755
On May 28 2015 05:27 Lord Tolkien wrote:
1) I perhaps should've been clear that there are (often bitter) disagreements within mainstream economics. The basic modeling and "schools" of thought no longer exist (or at least, as they are portrayed in pop culture like here + Show Spoiler +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
), but economics is still an academic subject and academics are...academic; that is, rife with disagreement and squabbling over even the smallest of details.

Yeah there's disagreements in all academia haha it would be bad if there wasn't! Economics is perhaps special in that a lot of spats occur in public and in today's age there's a lot of blog sniping. Krugman v Summer is perhaps one of the most high profile ones in recent years. I guess in Economics it's much more high stakes though. Because the sorts of things they argue over have such a large impact on people's general lives. And there's the influence over public policy and governments aspect too. The New York Times had an interesting article a few months ago about the frequency in which social sciences have been mentioned in its archives. Considering how closely economics and politics mix, it is perhaps not a surprise how economic findings become ammunition in political skirmishes.

(WONK DISCLAIMER) It's important to note though that economics itself isn't necessarily hyper-partisan per se (although not completely pure from politics either). Here is a 2014 paper containing meta analysis on the matter, and the authors discussed their results in an article on 538. Additional side note by Noah Smith here.


On May 28 2015 05:27 Lord Tolkien wrote:
2) Your point on the divorce of modern economists from basic economic theory is something new to me, though in hindsight not surprising. Of the social sciences, economics has been the most ardent in its pursuit of mathematical models and quantitative measures of analysis, and econometrics is a morass of applied mathematics and statistical analysis which I actually had one of my professors vocally warn me off of learning in my senior year for an independent study I was conducting (on South Africa's future economic prognosis). In this light, that makes much more sense.

Not all economics has fixated itself on mathematical purity this way mind you. For example, the most recent Nobel Laureate Jean Tirole has some very mathematically technical work but his work is still incredibly astounding. The field of game theory, mechanism design, and auctions has also had very real tangible results. And there are a lot of macroeconomic models which are very useful such as discrete choice.

That being said, the allure of mathematics is still very real and the way it's current taught at many universities focuses very heavily on "getting things done" so to speak and not so much about "is this the right tool" unfortunately.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 27 2015 21:34 GMT
#101756
On May 28 2015 06:32 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 06:23 mordek wrote:
It's hard to play around double Kezan mystic... sheesh.

That's why you play a Kezan Mystic yourself when using secrets
aquire value vs hunters and mages
aquire value vs decks that use Kezan Mystic
it's awesome

I would 100% do this if I cracked one I look forward to experiencing that feeling.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
May 27 2015 22:08 GMT
#101757
On May 28 2015 05:02 thejuju wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 02:29 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
On May 28 2015 02:28 Alaric wrote:
Y'know other countries have stuff akin to memorial day, right?


Yes but they don't have it on the last Monday of May.

In your attempt to elevate your own intellectual standing by pointing out what you (mistakenly) assumed to be a gap in my knowledge, you have instead merely exposed your own inability to synthesize and contextualize information, proving yourself to be a sententious pedant.


Holy shit Cheep the toxicity is so real.

Also I like Memorial Day. It gives me another day to sleep o/

You guys are so lucky you only deal with it online. -3-
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 27 2015 22:11 GMT
#101758
Apparently my boss files my emails into a folder called too many big words.

No one reads what I have to say
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
May 27 2015 22:13 GMT
#101759
On May 28 2015 07:11 Cixah wrote:
Apparently my boss files my emails into a folder called too many big words.

No one reads what I have to say


you're the alaric of the office

how does that make you feel
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 27 2015 22:14 GMT
#101760
On May 28 2015 07:13 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2015 07:11 Cixah wrote:
Apparently my boss files my emails into a folder called too many big words.

No one reads what I have to say


you're the alaric of the office

how does that make you feel


Shitty because it means the stuff I need people to do so that I don't have to fix even more messes isn't getting fixed. I should just go on vacation for a week and watch nothing get done.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Prev 1 5086 5087 5088 5089 5090 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
JimRising 694
Other Games
summit1g7332
Coldzera 701
WinterStarcraft583
C9.Mang0285
Sick172
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick729
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2105
League of Legends
• Rush1001
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 45m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.