• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:40
CEST 17:40
KST 00:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9400 users

[NA IHs] Running at Dusk - Page 41

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 171 Next
New inhouse logistics TBD. In the meantime, feel free to hang out in the league general discord https://discord.gg/0lCEKA3jUEFxERzd ("add lol" in #welcome) and get some ad-hoc games going!
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-24 14:38:32
August 24 2013 14:36 GMT
#801
Hey guys,

I decided to record a bit more detailed replay analysis of the first (only) game last night that I played in. It's more for my own learning but I figured other people might want to watch it. I analyze my part first, bot lane, then mid.

After looking at the stream it seemed like my mic levels were kind of crappy, so it's very hard to hear me when there's action and the game gets loud. During the lulls it's fine, though, and I do most of the analysis while I have the game paused.

Here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/upperbound/b/450669520

On another note it seems like my overall play gets blemished by some really, really, dumb stuff as I point out during my replay analysis. It's pretty frustrating to play pretty well and make some really awful mistakes game after game that basically ruin everything.
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
August 24 2013 14:44 GMT
#802
Will be making a channel, 6pm EST today.

XiaoXiaoUlts

Ares also brought up a good point that we need to set up a rotation if too many people just end up waiting one or two games while ten go at it for two-three in a row. While, I don't think there's necessarily any "strict" enforcement, I do encourage people to be willing to sit out and take a break after a game. You can join me in the spectating channel while you wait! =)
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
August 24 2013 14:46 GMT
#803
These inhouses have made me not want to play soloq anymore. Thanks TL.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
remedium
Profile Joined July 2011
United States939 Posts
August 24 2013 15:33 GMT
#804
On August 24 2013 23:44 KissBlade wrote:
Will be making a channel, 6pm EST today.

XiaoXiaoUlts

Ares also brought up a good point that we need to set up a rotation if too many people just end up waiting one or two games while ten go at it for two-three in a row. While, I don't think there's necessarily any "strict" enforcement, I do encourage people to be willing to sit out and take a break after a game. You can join me in the spectating channel while you wait! =)


Incorporate pickup basketball rules:

Winning players stay, losing team is replaced by the players who have been waiting the longest. Most fair system known to man.
Stay positive!
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-24 15:52:56
August 24 2013 15:51 GMT
#805
On August 24 2013 18:03 imBLIND wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2013 16:48 wei2coolman wrote:
[image loading]
Blue team loss (forgot to include victory/loss part)


Some added comments (I was the cait):

Vayne botched an engage that should have gotten me before fiddle support came to rescue me. This happened again sometime later, but I felt like I should've died whenever vayne got in her range. She also had bork and I had minimal lifesteal, which also scared me even more. I feel like laning wise I'm not that bad at ADC, but when it comes to engages and teamfight positioning, I'm worse than a silver ADC. That last fight where I got caught is enough proof of that.

Rammus would've also gotten a bunch of easy ganks bot since we were always pushed up. If it wasn't roffles camping mathies, I think bot lane would've been a lot more sour than it actually was. The game plan should've been mid and bot pushing as hard as we could, evelynn throwing wards in their jungle for counter ganks mid and bot, ignore the lost top lane, and try to get cait/annie as fed and farmed as possible. I have no idea what the hell happened until cait and fid got zoned by diana/vayne while nasus/eve/annie were trying to kill the fed riven/lulu/rammus.

Does anyone have any advice on how to position yourself as the ADC against a dangerous team/on a losing team? How much of the positioning depends on the rest of the team, and how much can I do for myself? That game might've just been a bad game since we were going against an extremely fed riven and farmed diana, but I dont think that's enough of an excuse for me to do no damage to their team.


ADC against assassin is always like playing on knifes edge.
As far as that game was concerned, outside of being as good as DL, there wasn't much you could do. Ideally, as Cait, you should have been dodging all diana Q's with your E or flash (if necessary), all while being away from any teammates (so diana can't just hop and suck you in). There's no real way to deal with rammus if he's able to sneak through front line and just taunt you, other than cleanse/qss. Other than that, you should have been able to deal with any teamfights other than those 2 main threats.

On August 24 2013 21:22 KissBlade wrote:
I have Mathies on auto mute in Teamspeak from now on. He is the first player that I refuse to play a game with. Unless he proves he can actually learn something rather than nod his head and revert back to his previous behavior within the span of one day, I will auto ban Mathies from any IH games that I'm making. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

Edit: Why the hell are people even bothering giving him criticism or responding to him? Is there ANYONE in these IH's that can say with a straight face that he doesn't ruin the experience for people on his own team or any game he just happens to be in?

In game wasn't *so* terrible, it's the postgame analysis that makes me facepalm really hard.
Also, roffles, please more input for me in that game. You barely said anything after that game
liftlift > tsm
KissBlade
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States5718 Posts
August 24 2013 16:13 GMT
#806
I wonder if Cleanse might've been more effective for Cait in that game. I know barrier is always a nice go to in lane but Cleanse seems very useful against Rammus, Lulu
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 24 2013 16:16 GMT
#807
On August 25 2013 01:13 KissBlade wrote:
I wonder if Cleanse might've been more effective for Cait in that game. I know barrier is always a nice go to in lane but Cleanse seems very useful against Rammus, Lulu

Cleanse is purty good, especially against something like Rammus.
liftlift > tsm
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
August 24 2013 16:21 GMT
#808
I really want to play more inhouses, but I keep getting some inexplicable and utterly disabling lag T_T i don't lag in soloqueue at all... is there some network/server difference between soloqueue and custom games? or maybe i was just unlucky x_x
Writer:o
Zella Dae
Profile Joined August 2013
United States14 Posts
August 24 2013 17:58 GMT
#809
Registration
- Ingame name
Zella Dae
- Rank and division
Don't play ranked (I am level 30)
- If you are a lowbie (Gold or below), include what position you would be interested in working on. (List two)
Mid, ADC
- For each role, identify two champions you wish to improve on
Quinn for either role, orianna (mid), graves (ADC)
- If you are Plat or higher, just include rank and division
Pooshlmer
Profile Joined August 2008
United States1001 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-24 18:21:28
August 24 2013 18:12 GMT
#810
On August 25 2013 01:21 Kiett wrote:
I really want to play more inhouses, but I keep getting some inexplicable and utterly disabling lag T_T i don't lag in soloqueue at all... is there some network/server difference between soloqueue and custom games? or maybe i was just unlucky x_x


I have no idea what causes this lag, I was fine all week then I play a normal with my friend and teamfights become a slideshow.

As for Mathies, the game I played with him was fine, but we didn't do a bunch of postgame analysis, which is apparently where the problem is? Unless my memory is horrible he lost lane pretty hard and didn't rage or anything.
upperbound
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2300 Posts
August 24 2013 18:43 GMT
#811
I'm a little disappointed that it seems like the good players try hardest against Mathies and seem to do the most to try to teach him when he is the most bad mannered and least receptive to criticism, and then really relax against people with better attitudes. I understand it's fun to dumpster the kid with an inflated ego and no social skills, but even so...

Seems like rewarding bad behavior.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
August 24 2013 19:23 GMT
#812
As more ihs are done, eventually there is going to be a blacklist of people we get fed up with.
liftlift > tsm
Atrioc
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1866 Posts
August 24 2013 19:43 GMT
#813
man i had some fun playing in houses last night
i'll definitely hop in some more !
Writerman what
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 24 2013 19:46 GMT
#814
if there are games going on tonight i'll play
RageOverdose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States690 Posts
August 24 2013 20:14 GMT
#815
I skipped the last few IHs because I wanted to get in some games alone to kind of get a better feel for what I want to do. I put some things down on my registration, but I feel that I wasn't really sure that's what I wanted to focus on when I got into the games. I got Kha'Zix and Sejuani in that time, and played some ADC (should I say Marksman?) games. Aside from Tristana, I'm not really into the late game hyper carries all that much. And I love assassins like Kha'Zix. However, I do want to get better at jungle, as my game against Monte earlier this week (Nasus v Trundle) made me realize that is by far one of my weaker roles, and I have very little confidence in it. I should start on timing camps, then get a feel for how champions play so that I don't 1v1 stupidly, and to get a feel for the lane situation to know if I can get help in a play.


So, if there's games tonight I'm in.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 24 2013 20:16 GMT
#816
Jesus with all of these high-end players in here soon it's just going to be all-diamond teams squaring off (with maybe one unfortunate silver scrub thrown in for the wolves to tear up).

Neo we still on for tonight?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Mondeezy
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1938 Posts
August 24 2013 20:32 GMT
#817
I'm in for today as well, pretty rusty though. Will you be streaming wave?
LoL NA: Mondeezy - TL - Riven <3
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
August 24 2013 21:15 GMT
#818
On August 25 2013 05:32 Mondeezy wrote:
I'm in for today as well, pretty rusty though. Will you be streaming wave?

Might be duocasting with Neo.
Depends on a lot of things ie time, Neo's availability, how bad of a night my kid is having >.<...........
I shall do my best however---I was also thinking of yoloq-ing tonight since I didn't last night.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-24 21:18:56
August 24 2013 21:18 GMT
#819
What is your estimate of when you start? Might be fun (to watch/co-cast or something)
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
August 24 2013 21:20 GMT
#820
A thought for having diamonds playing to improve but still helping:
Have lower players with the same role/champ-wish spectate the game, camera locket on only that champion, and most importantly, playing with the mouse and keyboard as if they were actually playing.
The idea is to think about when your actions differ, and keep your mind reflecting on each new situation all the time, not just "my laning was bad" but "when the wave pushed like that there I would've chickened out and taken harass instead of trading".
I also think the reduced actual stress would help practicing map awareness. Hmm, If I were playing more atm i would go test it, alas...
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 424
SteadfastSC414
Rex120
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 397
ProTech151
Rex 117
CosmosSc2 48
UpATreeSC 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42050
Jaedong 1116
Hyuk 1066
Soma 950
Mini 631
Horang2 579
EffOrt 536
BeSt 475
Larva 410
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 300
Stork 224
Snow 220
Last 219
ggaemo 215
Rush 214
hero 80
Mind 70
Liquid`Ret 45
Sharp 41
Shinee 36
Free 35
Killer 35
Shine 29
Terrorterran 26
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 20
HiyA 19
Trap 18
Rock 16
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1684
Dendi835
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
x6flipin753
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2436
Khaldor1925
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2943
singsing2081
B2W.Neo909
hiko884
byalli430
Liquid`VortiX168
KnowMe114
QueenE88
Mew2King70
Trikslyr33
Railgan19
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 27
• mYiSmile114
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 20
• FirePhoenix6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2706
League of Legends
• Nemesis1987
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade679
Other Games
• Shiphtur332
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 20m
OSC
21h 20m
Stellar Fest
21h 20m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.