• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:31
CEST 01:31
KST 08:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7381 users

[WCS] Global Finals - Day 1 2015 - Page 314

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 423 Next
The first match is scheduled to begin at 18:30 GMT (+00:00)
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 01 2015 23:38 GMT
#6261
On November 02 2015 08:38 Seeker wrote:
ME: Did you practice for your match against Lilbow?
LIFE: Nope.
ME: Do you feel bad for beating Lilbow that way?
LIFE: Nope.
ME: Was this planned or improvised?
LIFE: Game 1 was planned. The rest was improivsed.
ME: Do you feel anything right now?
LIFE: Nope. I'm indifferent. It was expected.

those are the kind of things that only look ok if you win though
Faefae
Profile Joined June 2014
2203 Posts
November 01 2015 23:39 GMT
#6262
With all those french cheese surrender monkey joke it looks like we are on 4chan or reddit, this is rather annoying
ForGG. 29/11/2014
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2015 23:39 GMT
#6263
On November 02 2015 08:37 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:36 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:33 Nebuchad wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:32 robson1 wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:27 ZAiNs wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:26 robson1 wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:24 ZAiNs wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:22 robson1 wrote:
I have a hard time believing this story by Lilbow tbh. I just can't picture that he couldn't ask TLO or Snute for example and practice with them. I mean those guys are not Life, and they also have no incentive to pratice, but I have a hard time believing that TLO for example would turn down such a request.

TLO has played LotV for months. Snute went on a break and then started playing LotV. Practice against them would be a waste unless they were willing to 'waste' a lot of their time to get up to snuff with HotS and forget about getting good at LotV beta (and even then Lilbow would probably lose any ways).


So you're telling me TLO needs 100 pratice games to pull of ling runbys and baneling busts? Lilbow didn't loose to some next level starcraft. He looked like a mid master player in these games.

Yea, that's exactly what would have helped Lilbow! Practicing vs 100 Ling runbys in a row! Then he would have beat Life!!!!!!!!!!


You're makin up a false dichotomy. Nobody expected him to beat life. Nobody is angry about him not beating life. People are angry, because he didn't try. Trying your hardest is at the heart of every serious competition, and if you don't try you might as well don't bother.


What's your evidence that he didn't try? Do you think he threw the games?


No. Because he didn't practice. He didn't take it seriously. He didn't lose on purpose, but he didn't put in any effort.


There is a lot of information coming out. Basically the entire HotS ladder in Korea and EU is dead.

Meh you could probably pay some of the maphackers on KR GM to practice with you.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Strela
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands1896 Posts
November 01 2015 23:39 GMT
#6264
On November 02 2015 08:38 Diabolique wrote:
So far, all the favorites won ... will there be ANY surprise?

I am surprised how long people keep attacking Lilbow
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 01 2015 23:39 GMT
#6265
On November 02 2015 08:36 stuchiu wrote:
I thought I had no mercy


Stereotypes on French people usually make me laugh, but I'll never understand why this one even exists. What's the deal with French surrendering?
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
November 01 2015 23:39 GMT
#6266
On November 02 2015 08:33 MaCRo.gg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:28 mderg wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:21 MaCRo.gg wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:17 Musicus wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:13 TheDougler wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:09 Musicus wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:08 [PkF] Wire wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:07 Musicus wrote:
Damn, TLO seems mad.

Of course he is. He is as angry as he should be. He did a shameful display. What are people going to think of the foreign scene after that ? This is our best representative ?


He can still redeem himself at DH Winter, I just don't get why anybody expected something different. It was phisically impossible to get efficient practice for this during the last 4 weeks.

Of course he should've still done better than he did, because you don't lose 3 games like this in a row. Even if you played only LotV.


Honestly, getting crushed like this happens. But the attitude, especially THIS is what bothers me.


But again, there was no way for him to practice!

If he went to Korea for practice, every single replay would've been sent to Life.

So he stayed in EU, but there the server has been dead since WCS Season 3.

It was a dilemma, so he chose to focus on DH winter, I don't blame him. He could've still done better today though, even while playing HotS, losing 3 games like this in a row is not necessary.


Why would you assume that your replays would be sent to Life?
Is it that safe to assume that no Koreans are willing to help out Lilbow and knowingly disadvantage him?
Wouldn't Koreans want a less mechanically gifted player to go through Life so that they won't have to face Life?

I think you might not know koreans


I am Korean....

Are you a korean starcraft pro, though?
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6267
On November 02 2015 08:39 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:36 stuchiu wrote:
I thought I had no mercy

https://twitter.com/Hot_Bid/status/660963302223179776

Stereotypes on French people usually make me laugh, but I'll never understand why this one even exists. What's the deal with French surrendering?


WW2
No will to live, no wish to die
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6268
On November 02 2015 08:35 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:31 The_Templar wrote:
WCS Global Finals: Ro16

(T)Polt vs (P)Rain
0-0

Map: Moonlight Madness

Polt spawns in the top right
Rain spawns in the bottom left

2:00
Reaper first for Polt.
Rain opening gate/gas into cybernetics core.

3:00
MSC core for Rain.
Rain expands.
Polt getting a factory after an expansion.

4:00
Rain scouts the factory, as there are no marines out yet. Two are being made.
The reaper gets back home and kills the probe.
Polt starts working on his back door rocks with his marines.

5:00
Stargate for Rain.
Starport for Polt.
Polt making a widow mine.
The reaper hangs outside the natural of Rain.

6:00
Medivac being made by Polt.
Phoenixes are on the way for Rain.
Polt going for a mine drop.

7:00 (T)Polt 59 vs (P)Rain 56
Rain continuing to make phoenixes.
Robotics facility for Rain.
Stim for Polt.

8:00 (T)Polt 64 vs (P)Rain 62
Rain adding two gateways.
Polt's initial attempt at a mine drop is shut down.
Robotics bay for Rain.

9:00 (T)Polt 73 vs (P)Rain 71
Phoenixes dance outside Polt's base a bit.
Polt is adding turrets to his natural.
Third command center on the way.
Twilight council and colossi are being made by Rain.

10:00 (T)Polt 86 vs (P)Rain 79
Stim finishes for Polt.
Rain's first colossus isn't done yet and Polt is pushing across the map.
Rain halted phoenix production at four.
Polt moves up the back door into the main but backs off.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6269
I can't see the production tab or player's money because there is a poll saying 75% of people think Polt is going to win ........................... -_-
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6270
On November 02 2015 08:39 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:36 stuchiu wrote:
I thought I had no mercy

https://twitter.com/Hot_Bid/status/660963302223179776

Stereotypes on French people usually make me laugh, but I'll never understand why this one even exists. What's the deal with French surrendering?

Mostly because France got rolled over in 4 weeks during WW2 I reckon.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6271
On November 02 2015 08:39 Faefae wrote:
With all those french cheese surrender monkey joke it looks like we are on 4chan or reddit, this is rather annoying

we are somewhat used to it nowaday
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
PinheadXXXXXX
Profile Joined February 2012
United States897 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 23:40:54
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6272
Where is polt's third base?
Edit: nvm he built it already
Taeja the one true Byunjwa~
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
November 01 2015 23:40 GMT
#6273
I like how careful and slow Rain is taking it... This is the style I expected from Zest rather than those absurdly fast thirds.
Faefae
Profile Joined June 2014
2203 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 23:41:36
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6274
"Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you" - Lilbow

src https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
ForGG. 29/11/2014
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6275
Polt already macroing better than when he won WCS season 1 <.<
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6276
Ok so first of all i'm writing this just cause I want my real fans to know what happened and what is happening for me exactly, I don't care about people being mean.
The games were bad mostly because of life cause he wanted to cheese all the time, i was not completely underprepared for this but doing very small mistakes is enough to get destroyed by cheese and that's basically what happened. I am practicing to be the best as I said, but I don't wanna be the best of a game that nobody is playing anymore, it doesn't make any sense to me.
So I decided to spend all my time on lotv and I reached top 5 on global ladder so far which means ive been practicing seriously during these months, i'm not lazy and I still want to be the best; I know what I want and if I have to look bad a tournament for it, then it's too bad. However, even if I practiced super hard I would have beat Life MAYBE, but I couldn't beat innovation afterwards. That's 99% impossible for me, impossible cause he is good obviously but especially cause practicing hots is NOT POSSIBLE in europe at this moment because nobody is playing it obviously, they are all playing lotv, just like me, the only difference is that they didn't qualify for this tournament that is NOT winnable for an european that can't even practice whatsoever. Judging me badly on a situation that u probably can't understand isn't something nice from you


https://www.facebook.com/LilbowSC/posts/791932830929232
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6277
On November 02 2015 08:40 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:39 OtherWorld wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:36 stuchiu wrote:
I thought I had no mercy

https://twitter.com/Hot_Bid/status/660963302223179776

Stereotypes on French people usually make me laugh, but I'll never understand why this one even exists. What's the deal with French surrendering?


WW2

Well yeah, sadly the Channel is between France and GB and not between Germany and France
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-01 23:41:46
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6278
Was it vs Classic Polt did the amazing doom drop vs phoenix play on Alterzim? Dodged the observers perfectly.
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6279
On November 02 2015 08:37 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 08:36 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:33 Nebuchad wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:32 robson1 wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:27 ZAiNs wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:26 robson1 wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:24 ZAiNs wrote:
On November 02 2015 08:22 robson1 wrote:
I have a hard time believing this story by Lilbow tbh. I just can't picture that he couldn't ask TLO or Snute for example and practice with them. I mean those guys are not Life, and they also have no incentive to pratice, but I have a hard time believing that TLO for example would turn down such a request.

TLO has played LotV for months. Snute went on a break and then started playing LotV. Practice against them would be a waste unless they were willing to 'waste' a lot of their time to get up to snuff with HotS and forget about getting good at LotV beta (and even then Lilbow would probably lose any ways).


So you're telling me TLO needs 100 pratice games to pull of ling runbys and baneling busts? Lilbow didn't loose to some next level starcraft. He looked like a mid master player in these games.

Yea, that's exactly what would have helped Lilbow! Practicing vs 100 Ling runbys in a row! Then he would have beat Life!!!!!!!!!!


You're makin up a false dichotomy. Nobody expected him to beat life. Nobody is angry about him not beating life. People are angry, because he didn't try. Trying your hardest is at the heart of every serious competition, and if you don't try you might as well don't bother.


What's your evidence that he didn't try? Do you think he threw the games?


No. Because he didn't practice. He didn't take it seriously. He didn't lose on purpose, but he didn't put in any effort.


So Zains' original counter to your point is valid.


That because Snute and TLO weren't playing HotS, Lilbow shouldn't have either? They didn't need to practice for WCS Finals....
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
November 01 2015 23:41 GMT
#6280
On November 02 2015 08:38 Seeker wrote:
ME: Did you practice for your match against Lilbow?
LIFE: Nope.
ME: Do you feel bad for beating Lilbow that way?
LIFE: Nope.
ME: Was this planned or improvised?
LIFE: Game 1 was planned. The rest was improivsed.
ME: Do you feel anything right now?
LIFE: Nope. I'm indifferent. It was expected.

Literal definition of savage
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
Prev 1 312 313 314 315 316 423 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings48
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta25
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 138
ViBE135
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13957
Artosis 590
PianO 28
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
canceldota152
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
Doublelift4215
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1536
minikerr19
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe107
Other Games
summit1g6415
shahzam534
Day[9].tv487
C9.Mang0373
Maynarde74
Trikslyr39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• RyuSc2 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie979
• Shiphtur559
• Day9tv487
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 29m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.