• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9119 users

[IEM] New York Final Day - Page 234

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 232 233 234 235 236 238 Next
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
October 14 2013 00:39 GMT
#4661
great tournament! thanks ESL

happy that Life win and also that naniwa made it that far and it was a intense finals! gratz for the big number in the viewers!
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 00:43:23
October 14 2013 00:42 GMT
#4662
On October 14 2013 08:28 AceHigh. wrote:
I was so delighted at the result of the final. As much due to the fact that I wanted Life to win, as due to the fact that I wanted NaNiwa to lose. Yes, I admit I dislike the man and don't wish him well in his SC2 career. This having been said, however, I must admit that the way he played the two games that he won impressed me a lot. I know he's a top class player, but his performance in the final was more than top class. He would have taken first spot against any other zerg.


Besides Curious.
And while finals were amazing, I feel like it was not the best series of the tournament, sOs vs Curious was. I really do wonder how well would sOs do against Life.
Also, nice to see that Naniwa - a foreigner, had at least as good (if not better) games against Life as Zest, KT A teamer.
And one last thing, this tournament we've seen some awesome PvZ series - probably the best thing that could happen for GSL, considering their finals is also a PvZ
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
October 14 2013 00:46 GMT
#4663
gotta say carmac won that video interview pretty easily. worth a watch x3
SicPro
Profile Joined March 2011
United States202 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 01:32:22
October 14 2013 00:48 GMT
#4664
On October 14 2013 08:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 08:57 SicPro wrote:
Guy how do I time-stamp a twitch video? I wanna skip to the end where I come out of the back with Huk and start dancing to Smix's beautiful singing.

Just for some info from a guy at the event, how was the energy? Majority of people there SC2 fans or comic con goers? SC2 confirmed alive and kicking?


Awful..... it was okay every now and then.... but for the most part it was really sad when I would try to get a "NA NI WA" chant during the finals started and about 5 other people would catch on and then it just died. We had some fun moments of baneling hits where the whole crowd went OHHHH!!!! And stuff like that with sick fungals and sick storms.... but other than that they sat on their asses most of the time and were boring as hell.

Compared to what I've seen from Dreamhacks it was less a SC2 tournament with some of the best players in the world.... and more like a retirement home party.


But I dont givea damn I still had an amazing time and Life didn't want his oversized check so then Carmac was like HUK YOU TAKE IT so they crossed off Life and wrote Huk.... just cause Carmac likes to mess with Huk. I saw Huk carrying it and I knew he wouldn't want someone else's check so I asked him if he wanted it and he said "no you can have it". And so I do!!! Its awesome, I even got a picture of me and Huk holding it together hahaha... I'm gonna post a blog about the whole event with a few pictures that will def be one of them.

And one of the topics of the blog will definitely be my love and hate relationship with Naniwa. I don't hate him or love him of course its a figure of speech, but Saturday was great and today was really disappointing to see someone I look up to act in such a way. Lets pretend I'm talking to Naniwa right now.... cause I doubt he's reading this:
I understand you holds winning to such high regards, and losing is a crippling feeling.... however there are other people in the world around you.. people who wanted to see you and people who spent a lot of money to do so. So for you to only think of yourself and you not winning the whole thing and ONLY taking 2nd while the rest of us live in a world where our problems are things like our health and how to afford health care, it was really upsetting and disappointing that when I went to shake your hand and say goodbye to you after the tournament, and I came up to you and asked you if I could you said "No". I find that to be incredibly selfish. I understand completely why people have that opinion of you after being backstage with everyone during the finals and hearing a few different things from a few different people. I still respect you tho because I can empathize with your situation and I don't think youre a bad guy for feeling bad after losing and not wanting to be sociable afterwards. But you need to try and learn to empathize with not only your fans but your fellow pro's and the other people in the business you find yourself so lucky to be a part of.

Edit: This doesn't mean I no longer respect Naniwa or will not cheer for him. And really it was nothing I hadn't already known before from hearing things around or from assuming how it would be.... but that doesn't change my reaction to what happened.
_(aka Probasaur)_ "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Hunter S. Thompson
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
October 14 2013 00:51 GMT
#4665
On October 14 2013 09:37 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 09:21 Shinta) wrote:
On October 14 2013 07:48 Kevin_Sorbo wrote:
On October 14 2013 07:14 wozzot wrote:
You'd think there'd be more cheering for Life, but anything involving Nani really seems to bring out the salt

On October 14 2013 07:09 Nauseam wrote:
On October 14 2013 06:48 figq wrote:
Ah, got only 4 angry nani-fan responses. Should have put more effort.

By the way, Huk was awesome in the closing ceremony.

User was warned for this post


Yes, it is indeed very awesome to be a immature child and thumb down the Swedish flag at an e-sport event. I wonder... what would happen if someone thumbed down the losing teams flag in the football world cup.

Starcraft pros are absolute saints compared to soccer players



why? he is boring as fuck. the guy has 0 entertainment value outside of being good at zerglings lol (very, very, very good )

LOOOOOOOL

You do realize that almost everything he did in today's finals was for entertainment value only, because of his overwhelming confidence of NaNiWa?

He took Nani very lightly, not because he thought Nani was bad or anything negative like that, but because he was that confident.
Because of that confidence, he have us so many things that we don't normally see, all just for the sake of entertaining the fans.


You, my friend, are either not so bright or just didn't watch any of his games.

cmon, while I agree that his games were entertaining, heck, he mannered hatched in 2 games and he could've potentially lost both even though anyone else would've just finished it incase to please the fans, there is no need to call him not bright etc... unless you want to be warned for it lol.

Sorry, I might have been a bit mean....

It was just too funny that he called someone who was playing completely to entertain the fans instead of playing just to destroy his opponent and take his money, "boring as fuck", with "0 entertainment value"

It's just too wrong, I can't bring myself to say anything nice about it.
I guess I should listen to mom though, and not say anything at all.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
October 14 2013 00:52 GMT
#4666
On October 14 2013 09:38 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I missed today's matches

Any particularly amazing games that I should watch the VODs of? Thanks in advance

Honestly the games today are pretty much all worth watching, with a few gems that stand out. I'd suggest going through them all!
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
October 14 2013 01:12 GMT
#4667
One of the best finals I've seen in ages, fantastic games, particularly 3 & 4.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 14 2013 01:16 GMT
#4668
On October 14 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 08:28 AceHigh. wrote:
I was so delighted at the result of the final. As much due to the fact that I wanted Life to win, as due to the fact that I wanted NaNiwa to lose. Yes, I admit I dislike the man and don't wish him well in his SC2 career. This having been said, however, I must admit that the way he played the two games that he won impressed me a lot. I know he's a top class player, but his performance in the final was more than top class. He would have taken first spot against any other zerg.


Besides Curious.
And while finals were amazing, I feel like it was not the best series of the tournament, sOs vs Curious was. I really do wonder how well would sOs do against Life.
Also, nice to see that Naniwa - a foreigner, had at least as good (if not better) games against Life as Zest, KT A teamer.
And one last thing, this tournament we've seen some awesome PvZ series - probably the best thing that could happen for GSL, considering their finals is also a PvZ

Forgot about that, makes a PvZ finals in GSL seem more desirable
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
October 14 2013 01:21 GMT
#4669
On October 14 2013 09:52 Darkhoarse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 09:38 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I missed today's matches

Any particularly amazing games that I should watch the VODs of? Thanks in advance

Honestly the games today are pretty much all worth watching, with a few gems that stand out. I'd suggest going through them all!


Thanks
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 01:26:37
October 14 2013 01:21 GMT
#4670
On October 14 2013 09:39 shell wrote:
great tournament! thanks ESL

happy that Life win and also that naniwa made it that far and it was a intense finals! gratz for the big number in the viewers!


how many viewers were there?

never mind found it http://www.fuzic.nl/events/877-iem-new-york-day-4-semifinals-andamp-finals/
AceHigh.
Profile Joined December 2012
Poland64 Posts
October 14 2013 01:25 GMT
#4671
On October 14 2013 09:42 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 08:28 AceHigh. wrote:
I was so delighted at the result of the final. As much due to the fact that I wanted Life to win, as due to the fact that I wanted NaNiwa to lose. Yes, I admit I dislike the man and don't wish him well in his SC2 career. This having been said, however, I must admit that the way he played the two games that he won impressed me a lot. I know he's a top class player, but his performance in the final was more than top class. He would have taken first spot against any other zerg.


Besides Curious.
And while finals were amazing, I feel like it was not the best series of the tournament, sOs vs Curious was. I really do wonder how well would sOs do against Life.

Agreed, the final was not the best series, but it was still a great series of six great games.
http://twitter.com/tlumacz
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
October 14 2013 01:51 GMT
#4672
On October 14 2013 09:38 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I missed today's matches

Any particularly amazing games that I should watch the VODs of? Thanks in advance


I think all the finals games except the last one were pretty good, especially games 3 and 4. Wasn't here for the semis.
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
October 14 2013 02:11 GMT
#4673
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
Bedrock
Profile Joined October 2010
United States395 Posts
October 14 2013 02:14 GMT
#4674
Big thanks to ESL/Turtle/Carmac for the amazing event. I really hope you keep coming back to NYC every year.

Big props to Nazroth as well, was good to finally meet you. See you in Germany?
eSports or die tryin'
danteafk
Profile Joined May 2011
307 Posts
October 14 2013 02:30 GMT
#4675
So glad that Naniwa made it this far.

Foreigners are currently the only excitement in stacked Korean tournaments.

Blizzcon will be pretty sad without foreigners, since a full Korean tourney is just boring. No storyline, no excitements, no emotions.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 14 2013 02:34 GMT
#4676
On October 14 2013 11:30 danteafk wrote:
So glad that Naniwa made it this far.

Foreigners are currently the only excitement in stacked Korean tournaments.

Blizzcon will be pretty sad without foreigners, since a full Korean tourney is just boring. No storyline, no excitements, no emotions.


I don't understand how you can hold this opinion while wearing the flare of a team that disbanded before kespa switched to sc2. It implies you watched Korean BW, and why would you watch Korean BW if you find a tournaments with only Korean players boring.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
October 14 2013 02:48 GMT
#4677
On October 14 2013 11:30 danteafk wrote:
So glad that Naniwa made it this far.

Foreigners are currently the only excitement in stacked Korean tournaments.

Blizzcon will be pretty sad without foreigners, since a full Korean tourney is just boring. No storyline, no excitements, no emotions.

It's okay, MMA winning Blizzcon will be more than enough of a storyline for me
¯\_(シ)_/¯
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 03:00:17
October 14 2013 02:59 GMT
#4678
On October 14 2013 11:34 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 11:30 danteafk wrote:
So glad that Naniwa made it this far.

Foreigners are currently the only excitement in stacked Korean tournaments.

Blizzcon will be pretty sad without foreigners, since a full Korean tourney is just boring. No storyline, no excitements, no emotions.


I don't understand how you can hold this opinion while wearing the flare of a team that disbanded before kespa switched to sc2. It implies you watched Korean BW, and why would you watch Korean BW if you find a tournaments with only Korean players boring.

Don't feed the troll. If he is too stubborn to see storylines, excitement and emotions in a tourney just because most of it's competitors happen to be from Korea, it's entirely his fault and he clearly doesn't deserve to see any of these things. GSL had by far the best storylines(and games ofc) in all of SC2 and there is absolutely no plausible reason why this trend won't continue at Blizzcon.
But what can you expect from a community that pretty much only talks about how it's game is dead, boring, bad, etc instead of simply watching and enjoying the ridiculous amount of high quality content there is in SC2?
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
October 14 2013 03:06 GMT
#4679
Pretty hard to argue for anyone other than Naniwa being best foreigner in the world.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 03:07:45
October 14 2013 03:07 GMT
#4680
On October 14 2013 12:06 Doodsmack wrote:
Pretty hard to argue for anyone other than Naniwa being best foreigner in the world.


Scarlett wasn't at this tournament, Scarlett took top 4 in WCS AM which is harder than WCS EU. Naniwa never made RO4 in WCS EU. There I just did. Not that I actually think Scarlett is better than Naniwa in any way worth mentioning, but It's not clear cut at all.
Prev 1 232 233 234 235 236 238 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM383
TaKeTV 51
BRAT_OK 13
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Sea.KH 61
sorry 56
Zeus 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4370
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS168
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 51m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.