• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:02
CEST 16:02
KST 23:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12312 users

WEM 2012 annouced player list & date - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 25 2012 08:38 GMT
#121
wow, what a mech battle atm haha, mkp crushing
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 25 2012 08:39 GMT
#122
how ez, the only way alive can win is with proxy marauders, heh
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
October 25 2012 08:39 GMT
#123
I feel I missed some vital parts of that game tt
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
October 25 2012 08:39 GMT
#124
On October 25 2012 17:38 Dodgin wrote:
so much buffering It's so hard to watch this T_T


You can try http://s.163.com/12/0925/18/8C95GRVV00314IL3.html if you're ok with downloading and installing some plug-in. This one is working quite well for me so far, though it's 3 minutes behind the twitch stream. It has sound and Chinese commentary
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 25 2012 08:41 GMT
#125
On October 25 2012 17:10 Laryleprakon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 17:06 Shellshock1122 wrote:
What new things with queens did nestea do? I missed nestea vs Mvp. Did he like walk a queen out to expansions where overlords were spreading creep and drop a tumor to deny bases or something?


Mvp lost to that newish roach/nydus/queen attack, which sorta hard counters Mvp's two different mech openings (blue flame/halion banshee). Nestea transitioned out of it well in all the games, and played well from the advantage he had.

I would say Nestea helped Mvp practice last week a lot and blind countered him a bit. Nestea looked good tho.


Nestea's early game has always remained Code S level. It was his late game that was the issue.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 25 2012 08:42 GMT
#126
my stream was freaking out but I take it MKP won 2-0
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 25 2012 08:43 GMT
#127
On October 25 2012 17:42 Dodgin wrote:
my stream was freaking out but I take it MKP won 2-0

yup
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 25 2012 08:44 GMT
#128
I'm feeling leenock vs MKP in winners bracket finals with leenock winning, then Mvp coming up through the lower bracket and winning the whole thing

It's gonna happen
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
October 25 2012 08:44 GMT
#129
On October 25 2012 17:43 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 17:42 Dodgin wrote:
my stream was freaking out but I take it MKP won 2-0

yup

Nice
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
October 25 2012 08:44 GMT
#130
Thats a pretty decent crowd.
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
October 25 2012 09:00 GMT
#131
When is the next one? Sad it is not on TL so I dont know when its going to be on...

I know right now is JYP vs Sase but I wanna watch mvp, mkp and mma
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
October 25 2012 09:01 GMT
#132
On October 25 2012 18:00 dynwar7 wrote:
When is the next one? Sad it is not on TL so I dont know when its going to be on...

I know right now is JYP vs Sase but I wanna watch mvp, mkp and mma


I think this is the last series for today
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 25 2012 09:02 GMT
#133
On October 25 2012 18:01 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 18:00 dynwar7 wrote:
When is the next one? Sad it is not on TL so I dont know when its going to be on...

I know right now is JYP vs Sase but I wanna watch mvp, mkp and mma


I think this is the last series for today

schedule on the OP says only Ro8 played today. Losers matches start tomorrow, so you're right
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
DJHelium
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden13480 Posts
October 25 2012 09:02 GMT
#134
On October 25 2012 17:44 Dodgin wrote:
I'm feeling leenock vs MKP in winners bracket finals with leenock winning, then Mvp coming up through the lower bracket and winning the whole thing

It's gonna happen


I don't care how it happens, but a Leenock vs Mvp match is what i want from this tourney! Remember the november semis? Sickiest!!!
#1 player in the world atm: J-god | Follow me on twitter! @DJHelium
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 09:05:06
October 25 2012 09:04 GMT
#135
I'll probably collate all the interviews (if they do it for all the winners) after they're all up and put them on SC2 General.

Interview with the winner of the second game
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

Thank you Leenock for accepting this interview with s.163.com and MarsTV. Can you tell us how you feel after winning?

MMA is really strong, and I'm very honoured to be able to defeat such an opponent. But this is just the first game, and I'm going to try my hardest in the upcoming games to get to the WEM finals.

Talking about winning the championship, who do you think will be your greatest rival on your way to winning it?

MarineKing. My winning rate has never been high against MarineKing, and if he also makes it to the finals, I think he'll be my greatest opponent.

Has there been any changes ever since winning at MLG?

I feel like I haven't changed much, but winning MLG allowed the fans to know about me, and so I'm still very happy about it.

In the games against MMA, your usage of the burrowed banelings was amazing. Why are you able to use them so well?

I started using banelings ever since Starcraft 2 started. I'm really familiar with them and it feels really easy and comfortable for me to use them. Seems like that's it (laughs).

As the main Zerg of FXO, do you have any expectations for this season's GSTL?

In the history of GSTL, there hasn't been any team which has won two consecutive championships yet. And FXO, as defending champions, we will try our best to win the championship, and be the first team to defend the title and win two consecutive championships.

As someone who managed to reach top 8 last season, do you have any expectations for GSL season 5? You know, the top 4 players get to go to Las Vegas.

Haha, I've never won GSL before, and I really want to know how it feels to win a GSL championship trophy! In this new season of GSL, I will definitely try my best in preparing, and win the GSL championship! I'm really hoping to win.

We saw you dancing Gangnam Style after winning MLG. If you manage to win this time, will you still dance it?

(laughs) If I win, I will definitely dance, and I'll dance for a longer duration than MLG.

Finally, can you say something to the Chinese fans?

I am thankful for the support of the Chinese fans. This is my first time coming to China, and everything is just so fresh to me. I will also try my best to perform well, and let everyone see the best of me.

Thank you everyone for the support. I will bring you entertaining games. Thank you.



Interview with the winner of the first game
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

Thank you Nestea for accepting this interview with s.163.com and MarsTV. Can you tell us how you feel after winning?

Ah I'm very happy. I usually lose more than I win in my previous tournament games against Mvp. Even though the games were really difficult, I am still very happy to have won.

You came back to defeat Mvp 2:1. Why did you think you were able to win?

I practised with Mvp previously, we know each other quite well, and I also really understood Mvp's strategies, and so I prepared in a way to counter him, and add to that a bit a luck, and I was able to win.

You frequently used your queens to spread creep to limit Mvp. Have you invented a whole new strategy?

The purpose of the queens is to limit Mvp's expanding and taking of the map. Perhaps it's the first time Mvp has seen such a style, and as a result he wasn't able to react properly.

It's been some time since you've appeared at offline tournaments, and the fans are very worried about your condition. How are you now? What percentage of your peak have you managed to recover to?

About 60-70% or so I guess. This is my first overseas tournament after my rest, and it feels like my hands and body hasn't yet adjusted properly, and I'd still need some time to resume practise.

Life, a Zerg player, defeated Mvp at the GSL finals. What's your assessment on the current balance of Zerg?

The difference between the balance of Zerg and Terran is actually not big, and both races are strong in their own ways, and it still depends largely on the players and the strategies.

Have you tried Heart of the Swarm?

I've played about 2-3 times I guess. Not too much.

Finally, can you say something to the Chinese fans?

This is my first time in China, and I am very thankful for the support of the Chinese fans, and I will continue working hard and practising to repay the fans in China. Hope everyone will continue looking forward to my performances. Thank you.

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 25 2012 09:07 GMT
#136
On October 25 2012 18:04 FXOLeenock wrote:
As the main Zerg of FXO, do you have any expectations for this season's GSTL?

In the history of GSTL, there hasn't been any team which has won two consecutive championships yet. And FXO, as defending champions, we will try our best to win the championship, and be the first team to defend the title and win two consecutive championships.

wow, BM too soon ;p
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
October 25 2012 09:08 GMT
#137
wow gj mkp, came back to see he won sad i missed the games
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 25 2012 09:10 GMT
#138
On October 25 2012 18:07 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 18:04 FXOLeenock wrote:
As the main Zerg of FXO, do you have any expectations for this season's GSTL?

In the history of GSTL, there hasn't been any team which has won two consecutive championships yet. And FXO, as defending champions, we will try our best to win the championship, and be the first team to defend the title and win two consecutive championships.

wow, BM too soon ;p

haha they havent even disbanded yet >.>
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Elurie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
4716 Posts
October 25 2012 12:38 GMT
#139
On October 25 2012 18:07 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 25 2012 18:04 FXOLeenock wrote:
As the main Zerg of FXO, do you have any expectations for this season's GSTL?

In the history of GSTL, there hasn't been any team which has won two consecutive championships yet. And FXO, as defending champions, we will try our best to win the championship, and be the first team to defend the title and win two consecutive championships.

wow, BM too soon ;p

Hmm, he's also incorrect with that consecutive championships statement, unless he only counts GSTL under the current format.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 12:52:47
October 25 2012 12:52 GMT
#140
Who's paying MMA's trip?
himself?
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1401
Dendi958
Counter-Strike
fl0m928
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes885
Liquid`Hasu466
Lowko417
Other Games
gofns50010
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1287
DeMusliM258
Livibee181
Hui .135
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King86
CosmosSc2 19
ZerO(Twitch)18
elazer8
KnowMe0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6612
League of Legends
• Jankos1862
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 58m
INu's Battles
21h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.