• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9235 users

[Day 3] ASUS ROG Summer 2012 - Page 135

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 140 Next
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
August 04 2012 17:16 GMT
#2681
On August 05 2012 02:16 revel8 wrote:
Now the games have finished the whining can commence! Or at least continue..

I wonder how long this thread will continue for. Haha.

Meanwhile, Olympics...


2 hours 43 minutes till TSL starts yo
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
pikey26
Profile Joined September 2010
United States23 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 17:22:17
August 04 2012 17:16 GMT
#2682
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

Also, Reis' english or korean seems limited in general, throughout the whole tournament he was paraphrasing or slightly mistranslating a ton. Or he's just not the best a translating.

There is a reason why there's a whole career dedicated to this profession. Translating at a high level isn't as easy as you'd think.

For someone who obv hasn't been trained in translation, he did fine.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
August 04 2012 17:17 GMT
#2683
Hmm, overall I think it was a decent tourney, but I feel like the player pool was somewhat weak. There were really only 4 strong Koreans, and there also seemed to be quite a few rather weak players in the initial group stages.
Flossy
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States870 Posts
August 04 2012 17:17 GMT
#2684
Taeja is doing so well! Gratz to him. But I'm sad that MC lost.
etternaonline.com
Fanta_Rules
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden669 Posts
August 04 2012 17:17 GMT
#2685
On August 05 2012 02:15 Spidinko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:14 Fanta_Rules wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:13 nojok wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:13 mememolly wrote:
pretty good tourney overall, good format, just a shame no foreigners can compete with the big boys

There is one.

Yeah, why wasn't he in this tourney?

I think Stephano is already in Korea. If you're talking about him.

Of course I'm talking about him! Who else?

Well, I guess I could have meant Nerchio and Naniwa too, but when talking about just one guy it's obvious who that guy is.
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
August 04 2012 17:17 GMT
#2686
On August 05 2012 02:09 Ammanas wrote:
MC was trying to play like Parting. MC doesnt know how to play like Parting. That's basically the finals in a short...


Mc invented the style he used in these games. The first nasl finals was badically this style vs puma
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
August 04 2012 17:17 GMT
#2687
On August 05 2012 02:16 pikey26 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

Why would R1CH call Reis unprofessional then?
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 04 2012 17:18 GMT
#2688
On August 05 2012 02:15 Whatson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:15 TheDougler wrote:
Did it literally JUST end? I just woke up Dang OSL. How was it?

Taeja.


Makes sense.
Dude is SO on fire right now. I'm willing to call him the current best player in the world. It's close between him and DRG but as of today I want to say he's got it. Could change in the next few days but for now holy shit Taeja is good.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Ventris
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany1226 Posts
August 04 2012 17:18 GMT
#2689
Ok, time to prepare for the TSL LR Thread
brobrah
Profile Joined April 2011
220 Posts
August 04 2012 17:18 GMT
#2690
On August 05 2012 02:16 pikey26 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

It's not really perfect then, is it?
I want to be the next Chris Loranger for SC3
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 04 2012 17:18 GMT
#2691
On August 05 2012 02:15 Bagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:13 nojok wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:13 mememolly wrote:
pretty good tourney overall, good format, just a shame no foreigners can compete with the big boys

There is one.

Save us, Ilyes!

No one still notices Nerchio ;(
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Mtuhk
Profile Joined March 2012
Finland129 Posts
August 04 2012 17:18 GMT
#2692
On August 05 2012 02:14 Oldfool wrote:
SC2Earnings.com so fast to update haha


Aww yeah! :D MC #1 in both total earnings and 2012 aswell, can't wait for him to win his 3rd Code S title and make him literally the most succesful SC2 player to date ^^
Spidinko
Profile Joined May 2010
Slovakia1174 Posts
August 04 2012 17:18 GMT
#2693
On August 05 2012 02:17 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:16 pikey26 wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

Why would R1CH call Reis unprofessional then?

That would be very unprofessional by R1CH.
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
August 04 2012 17:19 GMT
#2694
On August 05 2012 02:18 Ventris wrote:
Ok, time to prepare for the TSL LR Thread


Leave the german potato salad pics at home this time pls - it was hard to endure the last time!!
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
-inflames-
Profile Joined February 2012
Norway38 Posts
August 04 2012 17:19 GMT
#2695
Korean terran ftw please win a gsl taeja!
pikey26
Profile Joined September 2010
United States23 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 17:19:36
August 04 2012 17:19 GMT
#2696
On August 05 2012 02:18 brobrah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:16 pikey26 wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

It's not really perfect then, is it?


It's far more than enough to understand some stupid interview for a game.

I'd say my Korean is prob on par with your english 'brah'.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
August 04 2012 17:19 GMT
#2697
Damn, this was a sweet tourney, both in production and in games.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Ventris
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany1226 Posts
August 04 2012 17:20 GMT
#2698
On August 05 2012 02:19 ELA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:18 Ventris wrote:
Ok, time to prepare for the TSL LR Thread


Leave the german potato salad pics at home this time pls - it was hard to endure the last time!!

I had some really disgusting discounter potato salad prepared
zero445
Profile Joined December 2010
Turkey101 Posts
August 04 2012 17:21 GMT
#2699
On August 05 2012 02:18 Spidinko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:17 syllogism wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:16 pikey26 wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

Why would R1CH call Reis unprofessional then?

That would be very unprofessional by R1CH.


yea, haters gonna hate. Reis such a BOSS along with MC.
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
August 04 2012 17:21 GMT
#2700
On August 05 2012 02:16 pikey26 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 02:12 provrorsbarn wrote:
On August 05 2012 02:10 R1CH wrote:
Don't like how Reis was adding excuses for MC in the translation there. Very unprofessional.


Yeah I agree.... I understand a little korean....thats why you never should let your manager(or whatever reis is) to translate for you.....this happens quite alot in other sports aswell......especially MMA/Boxing


I speak perfect Korean (More or less, I just couldn't hold down a real job or attend college with it or anything like that).

And Taeja did say that about MC.

Also, Reis' english seems limited in general, throughout the whole tournament he was paraphrasing or slightly mistranslating a ton.

There is a reason why there's a whole career dedicated to this profession. Translating at a high level isn't as easy as you'd think.

Somebody's got a high opinion of themselves...
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 257
BRAT_OK 109
JuggernautJason79
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 897
Shuttle 696
Zeus 86
soO 43
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 27
Sacsri 8
ZZZero.O 2
Dota 2
qojqva2189
420jenkins622
canceldota26
Counter-Strike
fl0m5176
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3234
Liquid`Hasu561
Other Games
FrodaN939
KnowMe517
Livibee171
Pyrionflax169
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick632
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 95
• 3DClanTV 53
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach98
• FirePhoenix29
• 80smullet 20
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1757
Other Games
• imaqtpie697
• Shiphtur665
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 57m
Patches Events
19h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.