• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8023 users

[Code S] Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 2 - Page 356

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 354 355 356 357 358 369 Next
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
May 19 2012 12:33 GMT
#7101
On May 19 2012 21:29 Lightspeaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:25 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:23 Adreme wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol


I might be wrong but I just cant see them staying. Squirtle seemed like that game he was just improving things to do to deal with what MVP was doing. For example that recall to snipe the island was clearly not planned out or he would have had a better way to get back. However the archon toilot, despite not being terribly well executed (2 more archons in there and those BCs dont even need to get stormed) it still decimated that style hard and in a way that I think might lend itself to dominating it in the future.


I actually wonder about the archon toilet. In PvZ it's uniquely good because Z has no feedback/EMP. Against Terran I wonder how useful it can be-- it seems much more hit and miss, so to speak.


Tbh it's pretty much a massive gamble because you're relying on avoiding an AoE energy drain coming from a cloaked unit.

Self-evidently can be effective, but it's pretty much as volatile as the HT/Ghost relationship without the advantage of being able to have multiple units you can split (only one Mothership).


Yes its still a gamble but the archons werent even the most important part of it. What I believe helped him most was that he got half of the BCs out of the fight so that he could kill other half. Unless you go MVP style full turtle (which is kinda awesome on rare occaions he brings it out) you arent going to have an insane ghost count compared to your opponents HT count which nullify yamato fairly well and storm which is hard for BCs to move out of and even the archon splash which I think is more effective to just take than to try and split but I dont have much to go on for that.
Monocle
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1509 Posts
May 19 2012 12:34 GMT
#7102
I'm heartbroken after that last game. MVP definitely deserves his win, but I feel so bad for Squirtle that it had to end like that. At least he showed some amazing games after the first 3.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
May 19 2012 12:36 GMT
#7103
On May 19 2012 20:31 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:28 Miragee wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:20 HaXXspetten wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:19 opterown wrote:
Poll: Rate Mvp vs. Squirtle overall??

★★★★★ (431)
 
84%

★★★★ (47)
 
9%

★ (16)
 
3%

★★★ (13)
 
3%

★★ (6)
 
1%

513 total votes

Your vote: Rate Mvp vs. Squirtle overall??

(Vote): ★★★★★
(Vote): ★★★★
(Vote): ★★★
(Vote): ★★
(Vote): ★


I would rate the games as following:
g1 - 1
g2 - 3
g3 - 2
g4 - 3
g5- 99999999999999999
g6 - 5
g7 - 4


I voted:

g1: /
g2: /
g3: /
g4: 2
g5: 1
g6: 2
g7: 4

^^



Not a fan of game six? Why's that? I can understand not liking game 5 as it was long, but game six was well paced and SO intense.


No, not a fan of game 6. 1. Too many rally and multitasking fails for my taste. 2. I knew the game was won by Squirtle (for 99,9%) when Mvp sieged up the Nat while Squirtle had a hidden forward pylon and an unscouted third base.
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
May 19 2012 12:36 GMT
#7104
After reading this thread, I think people should realize, that being more skilled player doesnt equal to being better player in this game. Yes, Squirtle is more skilled. Yes, MVP is better player (which btw pisses me off, I dont like that guy at all - he is just too good for me to like, like Federer few years back -.-).
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
May 19 2012 12:37 GMT
#7105
On May 19 2012 21:30 TheKefka wrote:
Ok real talk for a moment now about that game 5.
+ Show Spoiler +
That game was absolutely terrible.I can understand that people are hyped about when something unique happens but everything that led up to that point was just bad.
Once squirtle decided that it was a good idea to recall 50 supply of his army to an islandd(which,when it happened,I facepalmed so hard that I nearly tore half of my face off) and get his mothership sniped(which was even worse),he should have lost the game right there.
Fortunately for him,for some reason that's unknown to me,MVP decided it would be a good idea to sit back and wait till Squirtle recovers.All he had to do as soon as that mothership went down is 1A move the BCs and he would have rolled squirtle probably and even if he would have lost due to a influx of units since Squirtle had mad bank,that moment was absolutely the best time to win at that time,since squirtle had dead supply trapped.
He SAW the mothership explode,it exploaded right over his expo.To not attack right there and than was just mind boggling.


+ Show Spoiler +
I agree with your assessment - MVP should've done what you suggested (1a his whole army). His army would've steamrolled all over the gateways and put Squirtle under huge pressure. I don't understand why he just sat back.

In game 6, MVP had the game won as well, but he made mistakes in that contain. He should've just committed earlier (I reckon he would've won), or just sit back and build siege tanks behind the contain. Instead, he started sacrificing small groups of units in an attempt to snipe the robo. Or he could expand faster and just out-resource Squirtle.

BUT..... I DON'T CARE SINCE MVP WON IN THE END!!!!!

HE BROUGHT SUNSHINE TO MY RAIN!!!

LIGHT TO MY DESPAIR!!!

I WAS SO DEVASTATED ABOUT PROTOSS THIS SEASON AND MVP DID IT!!!
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
May 19 2012 12:37 GMT
#7106
On May 19 2012 21:36 Ammanas wrote:
After reading this thread, I think people should realize, that being more skilled player doesnt equal to being better player in this game. Yes, Squirtle is more skilled. Yes, MVP is better player (which btw pisses me off, I dont like that guy at all - he is just too good for me to like, like Federer few years back -.-).

In what universe is Squirtle more skilled than MVP? There's nothing to suggest that this is the case.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
May 19 2012 12:38 GMT
#7107
Well.... best finals of all time its a damn shame Squirtle lost though.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
iSunrise
Profile Joined June 2011
3302 Posts
May 19 2012 12:38 GMT
#7108
On May 19 2012 21:32 Naphal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:28 iSunrise wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol

MVP could have spread his BCs into 3-4 groups. Doesn´t say anything about BCs at all, but more about MVP´s decisions and the toilet+archon strat that basically beats almost everything in seconds.



yeah one EMP on the mothership would have worked wonders as well ^.^

Indeed. It is such a rare occurance that players actually micro their BCs. They got a speed buffs ages ago and still they clump them up. IMHO, even pro players like MVP should learn from this.

Squirtle might still have won the game (he had like 9000 minerals), but I just cannot believe how poorly MVP executed that BC attack. It was almost as bad as that island attack from Squirtle where he stranded most of his units.

Game 5 was total chaos, but it climaxed like there was no tomorrow. What a great and also very weird game that was.

Nice GSL finals!
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 19 2012 12:39 GMT
#7109
On May 19 2012 21:33 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:29 Lightspeaker wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:25 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:23 Adreme wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol


I might be wrong but I just cant see them staying. Squirtle seemed like that game he was just improving things to do to deal with what MVP was doing. For example that recall to snipe the island was clearly not planned out or he would have had a better way to get back. However the archon toilot, despite not being terribly well executed (2 more archons in there and those BCs dont even need to get stormed) it still decimated that style hard and in a way that I think might lend itself to dominating it in the future.


I actually wonder about the archon toilet. In PvZ it's uniquely good because Z has no feedback/EMP. Against Terran I wonder how useful it can be-- it seems much more hit and miss, so to speak.


Tbh it's pretty much a massive gamble because you're relying on avoiding an AoE energy drain coming from a cloaked unit.

Self-evidently can be effective, but it's pretty much as volatile as the HT/Ghost relationship without the advantage of being able to have multiple units you can split (only one Mothership).


Yes its still a gamble but the archons werent even the most important part of it. What I believe helped him most was that he got half of the BCs out of the fight so that he could kill other half. Unless you go MVP style full turtle (which is kinda awesome on rare occaions he brings it out) you arent going to have an insane ghost count compared to your opponents HT count which nullify yamato fairly well and storm which is hard for BCs to move out of and even the archon splash which I think is more effective to just take than to try and split but I dont have much to go on for that.


It was a hell of a smart positioning on where he dropped the Vortex, agreed.

I think MVP's problem at that point was he didn't know what to do about the vortex. When half your BC army gets vortexed like that do you want to throw everything in it and hope you got enough or try to pull back until the rest of your army is released? I mean...how many times does terran even have to make that kind of decision? It's not like BC play is exactly massively explored.

I think MVP might have even been better off keeping those Vikings honestly. Might have sniped the mothership.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
May 19 2012 12:40 GMT
#7110
On May 19 2012 21:38 iSunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:32 Naphal wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:28 iSunrise wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol

MVP could have spread his BCs into 3-4 groups. Doesn´t say anything about BCs at all, but more about MVP´s decisions and the toilet+archon strat that basically beats almost everything in seconds.



yeah one EMP on the mothership would have worked wonders as well ^.^

Indeed. It is such a rare occurance that players actually micro their BCs. They got a speed buffs ages ago and still they clump them up. IMHO, even pro players like MVP should learn from this.

Squirtle might still have won the game (he had like 9000 minerals), but I just cannot believe how poorly MVP executed that BC attack. It was almost as bad as that island attack from Squirtle where he stranded most of his units.

Game 5 was total chaos, but it climaxed like there was no tomorrow. What a great and also very weird game that was.

Nice GSL finals!

I think he was just waiting for the Nukes and wanted to end the game with a 'bang' literally. he scanned the voids and was probably thinking meh I can deal with it. He just waited too long.
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
May 19 2012 12:41 GMT
#7111
Watched this at a barcraft, game 5 was INSANE. Best game on SCII I've ever seen, as good as some of the better BW games I've seen. Amazing comeback from squirtle, I wish he coulda pulled off that last game.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
May 19 2012 12:42 GMT
#7112
On May 19 2012 21:38 iSunrise wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:32 Naphal wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:28 iSunrise wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol

MVP could have spread his BCs into 3-4 groups. Doesn´t say anything about BCs at all, but more about MVP´s decisions and the toilet+archon strat that basically beats almost everything in seconds.



yeah one EMP on the mothership would have worked wonders as well ^.^

Indeed. It is such a rare occurance that players actually micro their BCs. They got a speed buffs ages ago and still they clump them up. IMHO, even pro players like MVP should learn from this.

Squirtle might still have won the game (he had like 9000 minerals), but I just cannot believe how poorly MVP executed that BC attack. It was almost as bad as that island attack from Squirtle where he stranded most of his units.

Game 5 was total chaos, but it climaxed like there was no tomorrow. What a great and also very weird game that was.

Nice GSL finals!


Considering how small the range of BC's is splitting them up isn't that good since its very easy to snipe them off if you do that.
Also the speedbuff is only really in effect once the BC's accelerate after moving for a good amount of time.
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
May 19 2012 12:43 GMT
#7113
Yes MVP! Almost gave me a heart attack there losing 3 in a row. Still, I knew you would pull through. 4 time champion baby!
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
iSunrise
Profile Joined June 2011
3302 Posts
May 19 2012 12:43 GMT
#7114
On May 19 2012 21:42 s3rp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:38 iSunrise wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:32 Naphal wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:28 iSunrise wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol

MVP could have spread his BCs into 3-4 groups. Doesn´t say anything about BCs at all, but more about MVP´s decisions and the toilet+archon strat that basically beats almost everything in seconds.



yeah one EMP on the mothership would have worked wonders as well ^.^

Indeed. It is such a rare occurance that players actually micro their BCs. They got a speed buffs ages ago and still they clump them up. IMHO, even pro players like MVP should learn from this.

Squirtle might still have won the game (he had like 9000 minerals), but I just cannot believe how poorly MVP executed that BC attack. It was almost as bad as that island attack from Squirtle where he stranded most of his units.

Game 5 was total chaos, but it climaxed like there was no tomorrow. What a great and also very weird game that was.

Nice GSL finals!


Considering how small the range of BC's is splitting them up isn't that good since its very easy to snipe them off if you do that.
Also the speedbuff is only really in effect once the BC's accelerate after moving for a good amount of time.

5-6 BCs in one group shouldn´t be that easy to snipe of. He also didn´t need to spread them that far away, either.
An2quamaraN
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland379 Posts
May 19 2012 12:45 GMT
#7115
On May 19 2012 21:37 Azzur wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
I agree with your assessment - MVP should've done what you suggested (1a his whole army). His army would've steamrolled all over the gateways and put Squirtle under huge pressure. I don't understand why he just sat back.

In game 6, MVP had the game won as well, but he made mistakes in that contain. He should've just committed earlier (I reckon he would've won), or just sit back and build siege tanks behind the contain. Instead, he started sacrificing small groups of units in an attempt to snipe the robo. Or he could expand faster and just out-resource Squirtle.

BUT..... I DON'T CARE SINCE MVP WON IN THE END!!!!!

HE BROUGHT SUNSHINE TO MY RAIN!!!

LIGHT TO MY DESPAIR!!!

I WAS SO DEVASTATED ABOUT PROTOSS THIS SEASON AND MVP DID IT!!!


Really...? Devastated...? About what, that terrans haven't roflstomped protoss in this season, like they have for a whole 2011?
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
May 19 2012 12:46 GMT
#7116
On May 19 2012 21:37 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:36 Ammanas wrote:
After reading this thread, I think people should realize, that being more skilled player doesnt equal to being better player in this game. Yes, Squirtle is more skilled. Yes, MVP is better player (which btw pisses me off, I dont like that guy at all - he is just too good for me to like, like Federer few years back -.-).

In what universe is Squirtle more skilled than MVP? There's nothing to suggest that this is the case.


In the one where MVP cant properly (or at all) train SC2 because of his wrists?
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
Archybaldie
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom818 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 12:50:48
May 19 2012 12:48 GMT
#7117
On May 19 2012 21:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:33 Adreme wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:29 Lightspeaker wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:25 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:23 Adreme wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol


I might be wrong but I just cant see them staying. Squirtle seemed like that game he was just improving things to do to deal with what MVP was doing. For example that recall to snipe the island was clearly not planned out or he would have had a better way to get back. However the archon toilot, despite not being terribly well executed (2 more archons in there and those BCs dont even need to get stormed) it still decimated that style hard and in a way that I think might lend itself to dominating it in the future.


I actually wonder about the archon toilet. In PvZ it's uniquely good because Z has no feedback/EMP. Against Terran I wonder how useful it can be-- it seems much more hit and miss, so to speak.


Tbh it's pretty much a massive gamble because you're relying on avoiding an AoE energy drain coming from a cloaked unit.

Self-evidently can be effective, but it's pretty much as volatile as the HT/Ghost relationship without the advantage of being able to have multiple units you can split (only one Mothership).


Yes its still a gamble but the archons werent even the most important part of it. What I believe helped him most was that he got half of the BCs out of the fight so that he could kill other half. Unless you go MVP style full turtle (which is kinda awesome on rare occaions he brings it out) you arent going to have an insane ghost count compared to your opponents HT count which nullify yamato fairly well and storm which is hard for BCs to move out of and even the archon splash which I think is more effective to just take than to try and split but I dont have much to go on for that.


It was a hell of a smart positioning on where he dropped the Vortex, agreed.

I think MVP's problem at that point was he didn't know what to do about the vortex. When half your BC army gets vortexed like that do you want to throw everything in it and hope you got enough or try to pull back until the rest of your army is released? I mean...how many times does terran even have to make that kind of decision? It's not like BC play is exactly massively explored.

I think MVP might have even been better off keeping those Vikings honestly. Might have sniped the mothership.



If this becomes the "lategame" TvP go-to situation i think it could be quite intresting to see the potential ways it can be fleshed out for terran.

After a few tests,
1: To emp a mothership the hitbox is quite large so unlike mutalisks you dont have to hit right on the small dot you can actually just hit near-ish the edge of the mothership. In that exact situation an emp on the mothership was probabaly a guarenteed win for MVP
2: In that engagement a ton of feedbacks went off, is there an arguement for terran emp'ing their own battlecruisers before the engagement to nullify the feedbacks.
3: Zerg have faced this situation many times. However Corruptors are 6 range vikings are 9 range. How would that range difference affect the engagement with a few vikings.
4: If going for that similar situation as a terran, will it become a "requirement" to be liberal with scans just to get information on the positioning of the mothership for possible snipe/emp.

That seemed like an engagement where both players wernt really sure the specifics of what would happen or what response was needed, whether or not it becomes a staple of the matchup i do quite hope that situation gets fleshed out over the next few weeks..
I'm in the bubblewrap league ... i just keep getting popped
Gexs
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia214 Posts
May 19 2012 12:52 GMT
#7118
Mvp, the first Starcraft II Bonjwa.
In GodLife we trust.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
May 19 2012 12:52 GMT
#7119
On May 19 2012 21:46 Ammanas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:37 forsooth wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:36 Ammanas wrote:
After reading this thread, I think people should realize, that being more skilled player doesnt equal to being better player in this game. Yes, Squirtle is more skilled. Yes, MVP is better player (which btw pisses me off, I dont like that guy at all - he is just too good for me to like, like Federer few years back -.-).

In what universe is Squirtle more skilled than MVP? There's nothing to suggest that this is the case.


In the one where MVP cant properly (or at all) train SC2 because of his wrists?


I like how biased you are.
An2quamaraN
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland379 Posts
May 19 2012 12:53 GMT
#7120
On May 19 2012 20:23 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:22 An2quamaraN wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:18 liberate71 wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:18 Affluenza wrote:
That was a disappointing final match...

Squirtle deserved to win...


If he deserved to win, he would of won.


lol, no? Which other race has range units that cost only minerals and can loose all the workers and still has income? Mvp took advantage of the fact that cheesing as terran is baby easy and no brainer.

what other race has archon toilet?


so you really want to compare a skill and luck required to do a SUCCESSFUL archon toilet (against terran??) to dropping mules and making marines? It's obvious you got really mad in game 5 when a-move with mass BCs didn't work for MVP...but thankfully most people realized how sick play by Squirtle that was.
Prev 1 354 355 356 357 358 369 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM415
TaKeTV 64
BRAT_OK 28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 410
ProTech148
TKL 89
UpATreeSC 61
Rex 37
Codebar 29
BRAT_OK 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1286
Shuttle 1067
EffOrt 502
ggaemo 341
Mini 327
Stork 264
firebathero 189
Light 175
Dewaltoss 98
Rush 92
[ Show more ]
Barracks 88
910 73
Sea.KH 64
Zeus 56
sorry 51
Shinee 47
Killer 46
Hyun 45
Shine 42
Mong 41
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
soO 19
Aegong 19
Sexy 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Trap 11
yabsab 11
Sacsri 10
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4370
Dendi1803
BananaSlamJamma413
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 732
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes617
Other Games
singsing2045
Liquid`RaSZi1865
hiko1167
B2W.Neo1064
Liquid`VortiX245
ArmadaUGS174
Sick168
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream527
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile135
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2566
• TFBlade867
Other Games
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 47m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.