• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:51
CEST 06:51
KST 13:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7458 users

[IEM] World - Day 3 @ CeBIT - Page 51

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 72 Next
thepuppyassassin
Profile Joined April 2011
900 Posts
March 08 2012 12:29 GMT
#1001
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
March 08 2012 12:30 GMT
#1002
On March 08 2012 21:26 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:23 Zealot Orgy wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:20 thepuppyassassin wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:17 Zealot Orgy wrote:
Killer in a top8 of any tournament is a disgrace to mankind.




Killer is a code S protoss... He should get top 8 of any foreign event for sure.


What do you think this is, November?


He's codeA and he should even be grateful for that.

Some might argue that Code B is harder a lot of foreign tournament so in any case your point is just bad....


What you just said is the most insanely i.....

Nah I leave it there. When people talk about code b being tough its in a completely different context. The point here is that Killer isn't in code s, and is barely code a skill level worthy.
zimms
Profile Joined November 2009
Austria561 Posts
March 08 2012 12:30 GMT
#1003
Will the first quarter final be played today as listed in the official schedule? Or will it be delayed for tomorrow?
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 08 2012 12:30 GMT
#1004
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

You learned about the foreigners from watching them, just do the same with the koreans. I know a lot about all the koreans here and really the entire scene and it is loaded with interesting personalities.
pepe08
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany566 Posts
March 08 2012 12:30 GMT
#1005
On March 08 2012 21:30 zimms wrote:
Will the first quarter final be played today as listed in the official schedule? Or will it be delayed for tomorrow?


tomorrow http://i.imgur.com/9IpNT.jpg
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
March 08 2012 12:31 GMT
#1006
Any foreign tournament without Stephano seems completely predictable and uninteresting. At least if you are rooting for the foreigners.
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
March 08 2012 12:31 GMT
#1007
On March 08 2012 21:29 JayJay_90 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:26 shabby wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I know more about korean personalities than the foreign ones. :O Trick is to watch every single season of GSL, and especially watch the group nominations.

how can you get to know them if all you get is mediocre translations every few months?


If you watched GSL you would understand. Ceremonies, interviews, stuff like that. Plus now with Off The Record there is no excuse.
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
March 08 2012 12:31 GMT
#1008
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

Kinda know what you feel, I find those generic robots like Puma boring to watch too. But MC, Violet and MMA have a lot of charisma imo. And then there's Feast the beast still left. So the tournament is still exciting for me.

Really disappointed in Hasu's games though. I watch him a lot and those games really were the worst I've seen him since months. Still a good tournament for him overall.
Panzera
Profile Joined November 2010
Belgium29 Posts
March 08 2012 12:31 GMT
#1009
Hate the time schedule tbh :/
Warpish
Profile Joined June 2011
834 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:32:32
March 08 2012 12:31 GMT
#1010
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I think that the best players should be rewarded and the Koreans are definetly better. However, i don't like the current trending of having foreign teams recruting so many korean players. That will not help develop the foreign talent, on the contrary, it will diminish the foreign based professional pool of players and make Korean even more dominaiting. These days, the only real unknown variable of the larger tournaments is which Korean will be the victor, and that's kind of sad. There's less excitment, less tension, less interest, less viewers...

Delicious Insanity
Profile Joined November 2011
Belgium841 Posts
March 08 2012 12:32 GMT
#1011
On March 08 2012 21:31 Panzera wrote:
Hate the time schedule tbh :/

Because of school or because of not being able to sleep till 13:00?
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 08 2012 12:32 GMT
#1012
On March 08 2012 21:26 shabby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I know more about korean personalities than the foreign ones. :O Trick is to watch every single season of GSL, and especially watch the group nominations.

Exactly. I have watched every gsl tournament not missing a single night ever. I almost always read every korean post interview. I watch the group nominations, etc. They are the best players, and they have good personalities on most of them, no excuse to not pay attention to the superior scene.
Ryukku
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore545 Posts
March 08 2012 12:32 GMT
#1013
On March 08 2012 21:30 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/

You learned about the foreigners from watching them, just do the same with the koreans. I know a lot about all the koreans here and really the entire scene and it is loaded with interesting personalities.

exactly.

the same goes for me, i look at all the foreigners and i honestly dont know much abotu either of them. But the koreans, i know so much more about them that its much more exciting. Just follow and watch the koreans whenever you can and u will know them better just like the you do with the foreigners
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
March 08 2012 12:32 GMT
#1014
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.

I'll eat my own poo if feast wins it all
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Warpish
Profile Joined June 2011
834 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:34:25
March 08 2012 12:33 GMT
#1015
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.


Let me guess, you're from Belgium, right..
hicser
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom109 Posts
March 08 2012 12:34 GMT
#1016
On March 08 2012 21:25 JamSam wrote:
Starting at 8am GMT which is terrible for both europeans and amercians, and only playing 4 hours of actual tournament games... Group stage ofcourse this is needed but bracket play? I question why such an early start is needed when they could easily get more viewers with an afternoon timeslot.


LoL is getting 113960 viewers, i dont think they have to worry about moving the time slot to please some SC2 nerds.
Polt, MvP, Bomber <3
Delicious Insanity
Profile Joined November 2011
Belgium841 Posts
March 08 2012 12:34 GMT
#1017
On March 08 2012 21:32 theBALLS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.

I'll eat my own poo if feast wins it all


Oh god, please Feast, do it!
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
March 08 2012 12:34 GMT
#1018
On March 08 2012 21:25 JamSam wrote:
Starting at 8am GMT which is terrible for both europeans and amercians, and only playing 4 hours of actual tournament games... Group stage ofcourse this is needed but bracket play? I question why such an early start is needed when they could easily get more viewers with an afternoon timeslot.


Yeah, I don't get that too. Why do they have to play this tournament at Cebit, when noones gonna watch them online and there's little to none live audience.

Would've been so much cooler if they did this in a smaller venue with only SC2 fans there and on friday/saturday/sunday so everyone could follow it.
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
March 08 2012 12:34 GMT
#1019
On March 08 2012 21:32 Delicious Insanity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:31 Panzera wrote:
Hate the time schedule tbh :/

Because of school or because of not being able to sleep till 13:00?


Well, its kinda anoying that the games are played from 09:00 - 13:00. This tournament is more korea friendly than europe friendly regarding the playtimes.
Whiteman103
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1070 Posts
March 08 2012 12:34 GMT
#1020
whats the song being played?
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
Nina 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2111
Shuttle 1037
Snow 106
Dewaltoss 54
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 36
Noble 29
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 615
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1127
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8380
C9.Mang0309
PiGStarcraft277
Mew2King176
ViBE57
ArmadaUGS33
RuFF_SC20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream65
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 21
• Response 18
• Letter147
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Lourlo1125
• Rush870
• Stunt292
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 9m
OSC
17h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.