• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:24
CEST 00:24
KST 07:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10092 users

[IEM] World - Day 3 @ CeBIT - Page 52

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 72 Next
JayJay_90
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1632 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:36:29
March 08 2012 12:35 GMT
#1021
On March 08 2012 21:31 zefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:29 JayJay_90 wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:26 shabby wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I know more about korean personalities than the foreign ones. :O Trick is to watch every single season of GSL, and especially watch the group nominations.

how can you get to know them if all you get is mediocre translations every few months?


If you watched GSL you would understand. Ceremonies, interviews, stuff like that. Plus now with Off The Record there is no excuse.


I do watch GSL that's what I was referring to. I'm not saying every Korean is a boring robot, but it's hard to get to know them as well as you can with many foreigners.
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
March 08 2012 12:35 GMT
#1022
On March 08 2012 21:31 Warpish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I think that the best players should be rewarded and the Koreans are definetly better. However, i don't like the current trending of having foreign teams recruting so many korean players. That will not help develop the foreign talent, on the contrary, it will diminish the foreign based professional pool of players and make Korean even more dominaiting. These days, the only real unknown variable of the larger tournaments is which Korean will be the victor, and that's kind of sad. There's less excitment, less tension, less interest, less viewers...



Only for those too xenophobic to be able to differentiate between koreans.. I along with many other people are very interested in which korean ends up on top. Rivalries like MMA and DRG, Nada vs Keen, MvP vs MKP etc are all very interesting. Are there even rivalries like that in the foreign scene?
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
thepuppyassassin
Profile Joined April 2011
900 Posts
March 08 2012 12:35 GMT
#1023
On March 08 2012 21:32 theBALLS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.

I'll eat my own poo if feast wins it all



you mean you'll "feast" upon it?
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
March 08 2012 12:35 GMT
#1024
On March 08 2012 21:32 theBALLS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.

I'll eat my own poo if feast wins it all


You mean you'll have a ...poopfeast? o_o
GoingGoingGone
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Slovakia529 Posts
March 08 2012 12:36 GMT
#1025
On March 08 2012 21:32 theBALLS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.

I'll eat my own poo if feast wins it all


The return of PoopFeast420?
Busy night, but there's always room for another... unless the servers are down.
Animzor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden2154 Posts
March 08 2012 12:36 GMT
#1026
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.


I hope so, that would be as epic as Rocky 4.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
March 08 2012 12:37 GMT
#1027
haha, jyp and dimaga are so adorable :D
K-Na
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada86 Posts
March 08 2012 12:37 GMT
#1028
i wonder what they're doing
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:40:01
March 08 2012 12:38 GMT
#1029
i prefer to watch the koreans, so its all good news to me I would not lie though,the thought of having a bonjwa in sc2 is actually bad. Look at mma, its basically 100% him in the final. if Mc does not make it to the final then MMA wins 100%.
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
Heavenly
Profile Joined January 2011
2172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-08 12:38:54
March 08 2012 12:38 GMT
#1030
Making an extremely bold prediction no one cares about so I can quote myself later if it comes to happen and beam with pride:

a korean wins.

You heard it here.
"thx for all my fans i'm many lost but cheer for me .. i lost but so happy my power is fans i will good play this is promise my fans" - oGsMC
thepuppyassassin
Profile Joined April 2011
900 Posts
March 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#1031
On March 08 2012 21:31 Warpish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I think that the best players should be rewarded and the Koreans are definetly better. However, i don't like the current trending of having foreign teams recruting so many korean players. That will not help develop the foreign talent, on the contrary, it will diminish the foreign based professional pool of players and make Korean even more dominaiting. These days, the only real unknown variable of the larger tournaments is which Korean will be the victor, and that's kind of sad. There's less excitment, less tension, less interest, less viewers...





I actually don't think this will be the case. The foreign scene needs a little bit of outsourcing to spur competition among the players. Foreign players may decide to practice more once they realize their salaries are no longer secure.
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
March 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#1032
On March 08 2012 21:38 johnny123 wrote:
i prefer to watch the koreans, so its all good news to me I would not lie though,the thought of having a bonjwa in sc2 is actually bad. Look at mma, its basically 100% him in the final. if Mc dies not make it to the final then MMA wins 100%


Nothings guaranteed. Whenever people expect MMA to walkover, I always think of the super tournament final
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
March 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#1033
On March 08 2012 21:35 zefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:31 Warpish wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I think that the best players should be rewarded and the Koreans are definetly better. However, i don't like the current trending of having foreign teams recruting so many korean players. That will not help develop the foreign talent, on the contrary, it will diminish the foreign based professional pool of players and make Korean even more dominaiting. These days, the only real unknown variable of the larger tournaments is which Korean will be the victor, and that's kind of sad. There's less excitment, less tension, less interest, less viewers...



Only for those too xenophobic to be able to differentiate between koreans.. I along with many other people are very interested in which korean ends up on top. Rivalries like MMA and DRG, Nada vs Keen, MvP vs MKP etc are all very interesting. Are there even rivalries like that in the foreign scene?

Goody vs Cloud is epic.
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
March 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#1034
On March 08 2012 21:36 GoingGoingGone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2012 21:32 theBALLS wrote:
On March 08 2012 21:29 thepuppyassassin wrote:
I'm calling it now. Feast is taking this tournament. These koreans may have good work ethic.. but Feast is a prodigy.

I'll eat my own poo if feast wins it all


The return of PoopFeast420?


haha, they should bring this trolling back at GOM man, that was just epic.
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
March 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#1035
YES SANGHO!!!
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
March 08 2012 12:39 GMT
#1036
Is this it for today's games??
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
Seraphone
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom1219 Posts
March 08 2012 12:40 GMT
#1037
On March 08 2012 21:23 marcesr wrote:
I didnt watch today's games so maybe its a bit ignorant to say but for me this tournament is as boring as expected.

Koreans own, the only question is who is going to own the most. About every top foreigner I know at least something and can tell a few things about his personality etc., about the Koreans I dont know anything so why would I care about who becomes the new World Champion. Random Korean A, B or C?!
Sorry =/


I know far more about the Koreans. It's your own fault.

On March 08 2012 21:17 Zealot Orgy wrote:
Killer in a top8 of any tournament is a disgrace to mankind.

User was warned for this post


Killer was about 10x better at Brood War than any foreign player. He is a legit great RTS player.
Mvp, Nestea, Leenock, MC, Oz, Jjakji!
K-Na
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada86 Posts
March 08 2012 12:41 GMT
#1038
wow epic prize for an ffa jesus
Vetrocide
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway600 Posts
March 08 2012 12:41 GMT
#1039
lol 1500 dollar prize for a ffa
The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal
Delicious Insanity
Profile Joined November 2011
Belgium841 Posts
March 08 2012 12:41 GMT
#1040
'Puma...Puma...Over here...Puma'
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 72 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 125
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12167
Artosis 388
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3170
JimRising 564
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox420
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4924
Liquid`Hasu1206
Khaldor1068
Other Games
summit1g7155
shahzam515
FrodaN134
ArmadaUGS93
NeuroSwarm71
Mew2King53
ViBE48
JuggernautJason41
PPMD14
Vindicta3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 34
• davetesta3
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• blackmanpl 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Scarra391
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 36m
Stellar Fest
14h 36m
OSC
23h 36m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.