• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:04
CEST 05:04
KST 12:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7898 users

[GSL] S3 Grand Finals - Page 226

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 224 225 226 227 228 231 Next
Metalwing
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Turkey1038 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 18:34:36
December 18 2010 18:34 GMT
#4501
So, let me understand this for one more time: Game 2 is the most recommended game among all, and even that game is slightly above mediocre in my opinion (especially with tastosis observing quality, i like them so much but observing just sucked at that game). Yes, 21 kill DT and 20 kill HT were good, really really good, but MC drilling through Rain's containment without even microing a bit was nuts. I just couldn't watch it until the end. Actually I could, but I regret it.
#1 CheckPrime fan // Terrans gonna Terran
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
December 18 2010 18:35 GMT
#4502
Yay I`m really happy for MC! He deserved to win more than Rain IMO.

I lol'd when he scouted proxy gate almost as early as humanly possible and still lost...terrible decision making that shouldn`t happen at such a high level.
Try another route paperboy.
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
December 18 2010 18:37 GMT
#4503
On December 18 2010 23:39 tyr wrote:
So i heard Flounder won a GSL.
I just can't take this guy seriously since the Hyungjoon show. :D


MC isn't flounder.
http://www.starcraftdream.com
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 18:41:29
December 18 2010 18:38 GMT
#4504
First 3 games were actually really interesting to watch. Rain showed to me that he was better than I initially thought he was. Game 4 was pretty disgusting. No worse than marine/scv cheese, yet I find it amusing that few are complaining about it. I mean, what, scv all-in is fail but proxy gateway = skill? Give me a break.

In the end I think it's clear that MC was the better player, but I also think that game 2 showed the legitimate way to fight protoss late game. Bunker + siege push is the way to go. Rains problem was that he just couldn't keep up with MCs multitasking, but he had the right idea in strategy.

The push would have ended the game, but the execution was poor. He spent too much time dealing with harassment instead of pushing forward while he had an advantage. In the end he lost to a player with superior multitasking ability.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
Terr
Profile Joined October 2010
237 Posts
December 18 2010 18:41 GMT
#4505
I absolutely loved the finials! Can't even imagine how they could have been any better!
Great production values, I even liked that Baneling show before the finals and most of the videos during the breaks!

I'm really stoked about 2011 and what is still to come!
"How peaceful it must be for you, to have a mind unburdened by thought." - Protoss Zealot
JinDesu
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3990 Posts
December 18 2010 18:42 GMT
#4506
On December 19 2010 03:38 shinosai wrote:
First 3 games were actually really interesting to watch. Rain showed to me that he was better than I initially thought he was. Game 4 was pretty disgusting. No worse than marine/scv cheese, yet I find it amusing that few are complaining about it. I mean, what, scv all-in is fail but proxy gateway = skill? Give me a break.

In the end I think it's clear that MC was the better player, but I also think that game 2 showed the legitimate way to fight protoss late game. Bunker + siege push is the way to go. Rains problem was that he just couldn't keep up with MCs multitasking, but he had the right idea in strategy.

The push would have ended the game, but the execution was poor. He spent too much time dealing with harassment instead of pushing forward while he had an advantage. In the end he lost to a player with superior multitasking ability.


I think people are more arguing that Rain uses all-ins too often, while MC uses it sparingly to change up the gameplay. One is predictable, the other is a good strategy.
Yargh
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
December 18 2010 18:43 GMT
#4507
Game 2 was really entertaining. Stargate, HT/DT, AND warp prisms. Pretty much everything I've been looking for in terms of unique protoss play.
+ Show Spoiler +
GP
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1056 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 18:49:01
December 18 2010 18:47 GMT
#4508
On December 19 2010 03:38 shinosai wrote:
First 3 games were actually really interesting to watch. Rain showed to me that he was better than I initially thought he was. Game 4 was pretty disgusting. No worse than marine/scv cheese, yet I find it amusing that few are complaining about it. I mean, what, scv all-in is fail but proxy gateway = skill? Give me a break.

You're tripping on something if you think anyone here is saying proxy gateway = skill...

No one's complaining about it because it doesn't make up for a third of MC's strategy.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
December 18 2010 18:51 GMT
#4509
I'm really happy to see a protoss win, and I say that as a terran player. Watching a terran brute force his way to victory through using nothing but marauders gets old really fast.

Grats to MC and I hope tyler and Incontrol have found the secrets behind protoss after watching MC.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
darklordjac
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada2231 Posts
December 18 2010 18:57 GMT
#4510
Grats to Mc for winning it and Rain for making it this far.
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
December 18 2010 19:08 GMT
#4511
haha, mc what a cocky bastard

really awesome play tho :o

game 2 was the best game ive seen in a gsl finals so far
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 19:30:07
December 18 2010 19:29 GMT
#4512
On December 18 2010 23:50 Markwerf wrote:
People trying to use statistics on GSL champions and ro4 outcomes are complete morons. The actual winning races of GSL have absolutely no value for judging balance as there have been only 3 GSL's.
Take for example a ultimately balanced game. Each race would have 1/3rd chance to win a GSL. Yet the chance that in 3 GSL's there would have been 3 different races winning would be quite small.. It would be (2/3) * (1/3) = 2/9 not even 25%... So basically people need to learn their statistics a bit and stop making completely idiotic assumptions based on just 3 win results 3 top 4's.

A statistic that does get somewhat reasonable is the amount of each races that qualified for GSL 3 or the ones that got S class. GSL 3 saw lots of zergs and terrans, not so many protoss. S-class is slightly more terrans and then about a equal amount of zerg and protoss.
Overall you can't say anything from these numbers yet as it's just not enough data.

The most reasonable way to balance by numbers is just to look at win %s of matchups in the top of the best ladder imo. If the new master league is a fact that would be a perfect benchmark for racial balance imo. Also the map factor is pretty huge it seems in zerg based matchups so far so the system for map choosing also plays a huge role. GSL 3 was the only GSL without a veto system and had by far the worst results for zerg (most entered and least got through), which could have been a huge part of it. I certainly think some good zergs got knocked out by not being able to thumb down steppes of war for example.


I agree with your opening line. Blizzard doesn't (and shouldn't) look at GSL statistics for input on game balance. They WATCH THE DAMN GAMES.

There is ZERO value in analyzing statistics in the small data pool that is top level tournament play, when you can just watch the individual games to see what's going on.

+ Show Spoiler +
oGsMC is too good, nerf him!
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
December 18 2010 19:29 GMT
#4513
On December 19 2010 03:37 eNtitY~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 18 2010 23:39 tyr wrote:
So i heard Flounder won a GSL.
I just can't take this guy seriously since the Hyungjoon show. :D


MC isn't flounder.


Liquipedia seems to disagree with you.
Who is flounder in your opinion?
UnholyRai
Profile Joined September 2010
720 Posts
December 18 2010 19:34 GMT
#4514
VOD of game 2?
Gogo Grubby.
Railin
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada96 Posts
December 18 2010 19:34 GMT
#4515
This was the first GSL I watched live and I really enjoyed the show =)

Baneling pre-show was hilarious, and I enjoyed most of the games - of course, it wasn't the Leenock vs Clide entertainment value, but I couldn't have lasted several long games at 5-6 AM anyway, so short was better.

I felt kinda bad for Rain at times, but than - props to him for making it into the finals (hope he's not so nervous next time), and I'm really glad MC took it.
~~femFxRailin~~ "Sc2 strategies have an interesting history of being developed in Europe, perfected in Korea, and used on unsuspecting Americans" [Tree.Hugger]
GimbleB
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Scotland178 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-18 20:04:29
December 18 2010 20:01 GMT
#4516
Last video I'll be putting in this thread. The award ceremony from my point of view. If you want more finals videos, I'll be putting them in my blog.

+ Show Spoiler +


Enjoy!
"What's the point of it all, when you're building a wall and in front of your eyes it disappears." -pigwiththefaceofaboy
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
December 18 2010 20:02 GMT
#4517
yay, MC is a beast!
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Cent
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada155 Posts
December 18 2010 20:07 GMT
#4518
imo, toss lategame macro > terran lategame macro, but that wasn't what I saw most evidently in the finals. I saw MC, a superior player, maneuver ahead of Rain in every aspect. This guy is just godly. Imba or no, MC is just better. Congrats

/fingerwag
Life is a lot like playing Terran. You can't win all your battles, but you gotta keep making good trades and maybe eventually possibly somehow you'll win.
Moragon
Profile Joined October 2010
United States355 Posts
December 18 2010 20:11 GMT
#4519
On December 19 2010 03:38 shinosai wrote:
First 3 games were actually really interesting to watch. Rain showed to me that he was better than I initially thought he was. Game 4 was pretty disgusting. No worse than marine/scv cheese, yet I find it amusing that few are complaining about it. I mean, what, scv all-in is fail but proxy gateway = skill? Give me a break.


The best players have to have cheese in their repetoire. IdrA and Jinro have been exploited in their early games because people KNOW they wont have a big army. Yet IdrA even called fruitdealer by far the best zerg and he six pooled on his way to the GSL championship. You just have to do it sometimes if you want to win.
ToasteR_
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada551 Posts
December 18 2010 20:13 GMT
#4520
Congratulation to MC for the win, I think it's what most people expected. However, Rain played a brilliant third game. Hopefully we see more play like that from him in the future.
Prev 1 224 225 226 227 228 231 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft480
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft499
PiGStarcraft480
RuFF_SC2 164
PiLiPiLi 22
SpeCial 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1415
White-Ra 192
Hyuk 50
Noble 42
Bale 30
Icarus 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 678
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox652
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor667
Other Games
summit1g10482
Coldzera 851
JimRising 429
C9.Mang0355
ViBE68
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick760
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo717
• Stunt231
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 56m
Online Event
7h 56m
FEL
12h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.