• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:17
CEST 04:17
KST 11:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8807 users

[D] Innovation's TvZ (CC first) - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
eMM
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia34 Posts
June 01 2013 04:17 GMT
#61
Just wanted to ask people who are more experienced with this build and TvZ in general.

When do you push out and pressure?

Do hellion harass into medvac drops then pass with the big 2/2 marine mine at 13min?

Or do you just hellion harass into 2/2 push?
doktorLucifer
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States855 Posts
June 01 2013 04:30 GMT
#62
This is the version of the build I learned just a few days ago, it's slightly slower (read: it's incorrect) than the one posted here. The one posted here actually gets everything as soon as you have the resources, but the posted version might be more optimal with regards to add-ons.. (It uses the fac to make reactors, so every time you finish two rax, one of them gets a reactor)

I think with THIS version of the build, since there's no add-on swapping, you could theoretically either constantly make hellions to keep harassing until your 2/2 push is ready. Not sure how many mines you want with your 2/2 push, but you'd need to stop the hellion harass/production early enough to get a few mines to be able to push successfully.

Anyway, I was gold just a two days ago, and got into plat today (probably with the help of this build). The main problem for me is getting the **micro** right. I almost ALWAYS lose the first army to a bunch of banes. The only reason I can win those games is because the zerg starts to relax and miss macro cycles. -_-
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
June 01 2013 04:47 GMT
#63
I almost always win with this build if I am able to establish 3 bases fully and prepare for Ultras. Just keep denying his 4th over and over. The problem is I got all ined a lot lol.
vaderseven
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2556 Posts
June 01 2013 04:58 GMT
#64
On May 12 2013 02:57 padfoota wrote:
Isnt this THE standard build regarding hellions 3 CC into double upgrade mass rax build with mines/hellbat?
Although the same build applies if you go for 1 rax FE, 14 CC, or double reaper off a 11/11 timing then expand.


Yes, I am aware that the timing is a bit off depending from person to person and from BO to BO, but this is an opener into mid game transition, not a rush build or a timing attack build. TvZ is seriously just about early game hellions, 3rd CC, one marauder, mid game marine + reactor'd factory unit + medevac, and transition as needed

I applaud you for sharing the result of your research (most likely took you a couple hours) but I dont see why people should look very closely into the timings provided.


Depending on the current metagame you are dealing with, it might be slightly safer to go 1 rax FE or even 11 2x reaper expand that all transitions into the same thing. This is a TvZ build only. Its ok to attempt this in the lower leagues since its an extremely safe build if you react correctly, while giving you heavy early game pressure option with the 6-10 hellions + double widowmine.

Contrary to most TL guides, this build will NOT raise your winrate suddenly (see hellbat drop guide and the DT drop expand guide). It is pretty much the same as a detailed 1 rax FE guide on liquidpedia since its so commonly used these days.


The timings in this guide are fairly good for learning a build to take you all the way to GM.

What is missing is the little things, what to do with units and scouting etc.
sixilli
Profile Joined April 2013
51 Posts
June 01 2013 05:31 GMT
#65
On June 01 2013 13:58 vaderseven wrote:
The timings in this guide are fairly good for learning a build to take you all the way to GM.

What is missing is the little things, what to do with units and scouting etc.


Yeah there is a big reason I opened the thread with a [D] and not a [G] x]

I feel like if you're good enough to execute this build you should do fairly well with the units at your disposal. I personally have stopped using this build due to the amount of roach rushes >.<
padawan1997
Profile Joined January 2013
Vietnam7 Posts
June 02 2013 11:55 GMT
#66
I have one question here. I'm a mid-diamond but when I face to a master, especially top master, how can I defend proxy Hatch? I alaways mess up with this build when the opponent play that cheese.
WeRRa
Profile Joined December 2010
378 Posts
June 02 2013 12:40 GMT
#67
On June 01 2013 14:31 sixilli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2013 13:58 vaderseven wrote:
The timings in this guide are fairly good for learning a build to take you all the way to GM.

What is missing is the little things, what to do with units and scouting etc.


Yeah there is a big reason I opened the thread with a [D] and not a [G] x]

I feel like if you're good enough to execute this build you should do fairly well with the units at your disposal. I personally have stopped using this build due to the amount of roach rushes >.<

First of all innovation doesn't build 10 hellions, he makes 6 and as soon sa you scout some roachwaren, just keep on making widow mines and don't use the the factory to make more reactor for third rax and starport. Delays your timings but your save.
InnoVation Fighting!!!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
June 02 2013 12:52 GMT
#68
On June 01 2013 13:30 doktorLucifer wrote:
This is the version of the build I learned just a few days ago, it's slightly slower (read: it's incorrect) than the one posted here. The one posted here actually gets everything as soon as you have the resources, but the posted version might be more optimal with regards to add-ons.. (It uses the fac to make reactors, so every time you finish two rax, one of them gets a reactor)

I think with THIS version of the build, since there's no add-on swapping, you could theoretically either constantly make hellions to keep harassing until your 2/2 push is ready. Not sure how many mines you want with your 2/2 push, but you'd need to stop the hellion harass/production early enough to get a few mines to be able to push successfully.

Anyway, I was gold just a two days ago, and got into plat today (probably with the help of this build). The main problem for me is getting the **micro** right. I almost ALWAYS lose the first army to a bunch of banes. The only reason I can win those games is because the zerg starts to relax and miss macro cycles. -_-


I think one of the strengths of his build is that the first push actually isn't very important damagewise. But it forces the zerg into baneling tech, which you want, as you will just be very costefficient if you just keep on pushing over and over again with marine/mine, while he is slowed down.
aNGryaRchon
Profile Joined August 2012
United States438 Posts
June 02 2013 12:54 GMT
#69
The most important thing about this BO is execution. Miss one harass or timing then you are better off gging
Power overwhelming!!!
sixilli
Profile Joined April 2013
51 Posts
June 02 2013 15:38 GMT
#70
From the game I took this from he did indeed build 10 helions. To be honest I would not recommend building 10 hellions if you feel a roach rush coming.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
June 02 2013 16:39 GMT
#71
On June 03 2013 00:38 sixilli wrote:
From the game I took this from he did indeed build 10 helions. To be honest I would not recommend building 10 hellions if you feel a roach rush coming.

He built 10 Hellions because he was playing Life, i. e. someone who never builds a Roach Warren unless he's forced.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
June 02 2013 17:00 GMT
#72
On June 03 2013 01:39 TheDwf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2013 00:38 sixilli wrote:
From the game I took this from he did indeed build 10 helions. To be honest I would not recommend building 10 hellions if you feel a roach rush coming.

He built 10 Hellions because he was playing Life, i. e. someone who never builds a Roach Warren unless he's forced.


Didn't he roach allin twice vs Last in his Ro32 games?
But anyways, I also think that Innovation made the 10hellions to counter Life's zergling overproduction which counters the usual 4-6 hellions.
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
June 02 2013 17:07 GMT
#73
On June 03 2013 02:00 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2013 01:39 TheDwf wrote:
On June 03 2013 00:38 sixilli wrote:
From the game I took this from he did indeed build 10 helions. To be honest I would not recommend building 10 hellions if you feel a roach rush coming.

He built 10 Hellions because he was playing Life, i. e. someone who never builds a Roach Warren unless he's forced.


Didn't he roach allin twice vs Last in his Ro32 games?
But anyways, I also think that Innovation made the 10hellions to counter Life's zergling overproduction which counters the usual 4-6 hellions.

No, he reactively went Roaches on the Daybreak game upon finding a suspicious reactor rax (i. e. indicative of a hidden Starport for Hellbat drops) with his over sac. This counts as a case of being forced into Roaches since obviously Zerglings alone won't handle dual Hellbat drops. The Bel'shir Vestige game was a 3-bases Baneling bust.
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 412
NaDa 40
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm235
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9653
JimRising 695
WinterStarcraft194
ViBE142
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS52
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1439
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 43m
INu's Battles
9h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 43m
Replay Cast
20h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.