• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:51
CEST 23:51
KST 06:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8319 users

The (HotS) Zerg Help Me Thread Beta - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26 27 Next All
dragoon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States695 Posts
November 19 2012 21:01 GMT
#61
I'm thinking on working on a zvz strat that goes much like the old ling/infestor into ultra build.

will be going ling/viper into infestor into ultra. thinking it will go pretty well.
i love you
nonsequitur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
384 Posts
November 19 2012 22:50 GMT
#62
On November 20 2012 06:01 joon wrote:
I'm thinking on working on a zvz strat that goes much like the old ling/infestor into ultra build.

will be going ling/viper into infestor into ultra. thinking it will go pretty well.


I don't see the point of vipers when you will be fighting in melee range anyway.
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10868 Posts
November 19 2012 23:19 GMT
#63
So I don't know about other zerg's here but last season I was GM in hots beta and this season im masters but I am having a ridiculously hard time vs Terran mech, I have been trying all kinds of compositions, and while the swarm hosts delay mech from hitting your bases for a long time which is good, swarm hosts take up a lot of supply so I end up not being able to kill the mech army and then they just make battle cruisers lol, and then in the late game BC, Thor, Widowmine, tanks, battle hellions, ravens, vikings...the Ravens point defense drone really makes things even more difficult for zerg in ZvT, I feel like Terran is even more ridiculously strong then they were in the beta of WOL where there was the 5rax reaper into marauder / marine all in.

What is the best opening composition? I feel like Roach hydra to deflect the widowmines, hellions, banshee, while you expand then into swarmhost with infestor, then eventually into broodlords, but I am beginning to feel like BL tech is pretty pointless if all the terrans are just going BC with vikings and ravens ect, a lot of air units which BL are pointless vs, so maybe it would just be better to skip Broodlords all together when you know terran is going to go air...I'd like to hear some other Zerg's point of views on the best openings and best way to win vs terran mech in ZvT, because 90+ % of all ZvT I play the terran goes mech and I lose.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
PineapplePizza
Profile Joined June 2010
United States749 Posts
November 19 2012 23:53 GMT
#64
Don't build hydralisks. They're almost as BM as scouts. Zone out mines with a spore + spine, and feed lings to discharge mines before clearing them out.

How are you opening? Are you having trouble taking a third somehow? You really, really need to give us a replay.

You should be aiming for Broodlord / Infestor, since it still shuts down Terran super hard. Vipers should only be used as a stop-gap to hold off pre-hive timing pushes, since they build super fast and don't take too long to juice up. Don't bother being aggressive before you have broods, since mines are not fun to deal with when they're in front of tanks.
"There should be no tying a sharp, hard object to your cock like it has a mechanical arm and hitting it with the object or using your cockring to crack the egg. No cyborg penises allowed. 100% flesh only." - semioldguy
Zeon0
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria2995 Posts
November 20 2012 10:49 GMT
#65
is it just me or are swarmhost and viper pretty bad? I have no idea how i should implement then in my army without giving up something else and better. swarmhost instead of infestors seems bad to me, viper instead of bl too
Hater of MKP since GSL Open Season 2 | Fanboy of: NesTea Stephano IdrA DIMAGA MorroW ret DongRaeGu Snute SaSe Mvp ThorZaIN DeMusliM
Decendos
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1341 Posts
November 20 2012 10:59 GMT
#66
viper is an awesome unit but dies way too easy and hivetech might be too late. they need at least 40 or so more hp. even the mutaspeed oracle has 160 hp and the "armored" stat of vipers makes them die even faster because everything does extra damage to them.

SH is very good in midgame ZvP and ZvZ but is way too expensive. you will need to go completely all in with SHs because they take all your minerals AND gas AND the upgrade is 200 200 and 120 (!!) seconds, so a lot of time you have a shitty unit for which you need to use all your ressources. they need to adjust their costs to sth. like 150/75 and 2 supply so they are actually useful in later game stages. and they suck overall in ZvT since basically every T unit is good vs SHs. dont know how to fix them ZvT. maybe the cheaper 2 supply hosts makes it more viable to do more multipronged attacks which would make them better vs tanks etc.

LOLItsRyann
Profile Joined April 2011
England551 Posts
November 20 2012 13:01 GMT
#67
I agree Viper has too low health. Imagine if fungal had 6 range and you see where we're coming from -_-
EG<3
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
November 20 2012 13:13 GMT
#68
I've been having success vs mech via Wol roach max out to take 4th gas to get brood lords basically roaches can tank tank from mines and siege and generally before next reload your be in face of siege tanks, remember mines do friendly fire. Just removed when u got brood lord and infest or to bring overseers.
Live Fast Die Young :D
dragoon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States695 Posts
November 28 2012 01:14 GMT
#69
how do you deal with widowmine/bio as zerg?

i was trying a ling/infestor into viper/ultra style and the widowmines are such a fucking pain in the ass to deal with. you can't attack into a terran army because they'll have mines under the army and you can't kill them with your melee army?

help please, im getting insanely frustrated with all this....
i love you
ultrakiss
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
97 Posts
December 05 2012 16:43 GMT
#70
If I'm going roach hydra viper in ZvP should I be getting my infestation pit or spire first?

I open roach into hydra at lair tech and then (obviously) I want to transition to hive and vipers. I know im going to need corruptors for collosi, but I need the infestation pit for hive. Plus swarm hosts seem to be a pretty strong addition to the comp.

Im pretty sure Im weakest when morphing hive because 1) I dont have hydra speed 2) I dont have vipers. Which allows me to play safer so I can get the other tech building after? Infestation pit tech or Spire tech?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 05 2012 21:43 GMT
#71
On December 06 2012 01:43 ultrakiss wrote:
If I'm going roach hydra viper in ZvP should I be getting my infestation pit or spire first?

I open roach into hydra at lair tech and then (obviously) I want to transition to hive and vipers. I know im going to need corruptors for collosi, but I need the infestation pit for hive. Plus swarm hosts seem to be a pretty strong addition to the comp.

Im pretty sure Im weakest when morphing hive because 1) I dont have hydra speed 2) I dont have vipers. Which allows me to play safer so I can get the other tech building after? Infestation pit tech or Spire tech?


You don't need corruptors for colossi. Vipers work very well vs this just get infestation pit first and go hive. I am having good success with this atm.
When I think of something else, something will go here
ultrakiss
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
97 Posts
December 06 2012 01:39 GMT
#72
thank you blade55555. Is this because the collosus count wont get high enough to roll me if I go straight hive?
Kambing
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1176 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 16:30:06
December 06 2012 01:46 GMT
#73
On December 06 2012 10:39 ultrakiss wrote:
thank you blade55555. Is this because the collosus count wont get high enough to roll me if I go straight hive?


It actually takes the same time to morph a hive and make a viper as it does to build a spire and make a corruptor (100 + 40s). The viper has to chomp on a building for an extra couple of seconds to have the energy to abduct, but that's not that big of a deal.
ultrakiss
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
97 Posts
December 07 2012 16:26 GMT
#74
Thanks guys. I just beat my first GM (also my first Masters) opponent ever using this advice Not that beta rank is that indicative of anything, but Im still super pumped
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 08:23:47
December 08 2012 08:16 GMT
#75
Has anyone tried going muta vs. T recently? I feel like widow mines make it way too risky to be aggressive with them, kind of killing their purpose. Sure you might pick off that depot, or you might just lose 10 mutas to a clump of widow mines.

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more, what real viable strategies do we have against T now? Ling / Hydra to clear out mines? Might be ok with lair speed. Pure mutas vs mines seem like a lost cause. Infestors severely nerfed. I'm kind of at a loss for mid game strategies.
Zerg #1
Drunken.Jedi
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany446 Posts
December 08 2012 23:53 GMT
#76
I'm at a bit of a loss against Terran right now. Playing against mech is tough, but I have a pretty good idea of what to do. However, I just have no idea how to handle bio and bio-mech.

Between stronger Reapers, Hellbats, Widow Mines and extra fast Medivacs, Terran early game has become a lot stronger, while all we got is the ability to make Spores without an Evo. Therefore I don't think fast gasless 3rd base is viable any more, whereas Terran can go fast 3 Orbitals even more easily thanks to the buffs to their early game.
Am I right in this assessment, or is there some way to make fast 3rd base viable in HotS or to reliably punish fast 3 OC?

But even if I make it out of the early game in decent shape, I have no idea what to go for. Roach based compositions are just ineffective against bio and the new Medivac upgrade makes it even worse. Muta Ling Bling seems really weak now because Widow Mines make Muta harassment much more difficult (and they're also really good against Lings and Banes) and Lings just melt away if the Terran makes some Hellbats. Ling Infestor midgame again suffers from Lings getting easily roasted and Infestors were heavily nerfed.

This is not meant as a balance complaint, I'm just honestly at my wits end with this matchup. I had trouble with HotS ZvT even before the last patch, but now it just feels like late WoL beta all over again. Anyone have any advice on how to play this matchup against pure bio or bio-mech?
Tif
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany19 Posts
December 09 2012 01:03 GMT
#77
On December 09 2012 08:53 Drunken.Jedi wrote:
I'm at a bit of a loss against Terran right now. Playing against mech is tough, but I have a pretty good idea of what to do. However, I just have no idea how to handle bio and bio-mech.

Between stronger Reapers, Hellbats, Widow Mines and extra fast Medivacs, Terran early game has become a lot stronger, while all we got is the ability to make Spores without an Evo. Therefore I don't think fast gasless 3rd base is viable any more, whereas Terran can go fast 3 Orbitals even more easily thanks to the buffs to their early game.
Am I right in this assessment, or is there some way to make fast 3rd base viable in HotS or to reliably punish fast 3 OC?

But even if I make it out of the early game in decent shape, I have no idea what to go for. Roach based compositions are just ineffective against bio and the new Medivac upgrade makes it even worse. Muta Ling Bling seems really weak now because Widow Mines make Muta harassment much more difficult (and they're also really good against Lings and Banes) and Lings just melt away if the Terran makes some Hellbats. Ling Infestor midgame again suffers from Lings getting easily roasted and Infestors were heavily nerfed.

This is not meant as a balance complaint, I'm just honestly at my wits end with this matchup. I had trouble with HotS ZvT even before the last patch, but now it just feels like late WoL beta all over again. Anyone have any advice on how to play this matchup against pure bio or bio-mech?


My expireance is that the mass queen expand still deals with most of the threats terran has in the early game. If T gets Banshees or mines you ofc. need about 1 spore per expansion. I did not tryed it out since the last patch, but I think its thil viable.
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
December 09 2012 01:39 GMT
#78
How are you guys dealing with spider mines early game? I am finding that I can't even compete vs terran because spider mines have so much map control and deal so much damage. What unit am I supposed to use? I tried teching to hydras, but they just put me too far behind because of how gas intense they are.
Julyzerg ftw
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 01:48:31
December 09 2012 01:47 GMT
#79
On December 09 2012 10:39 SoFrOsTy wrote:
How are you guys dealing with spider mines early game? I am finding that I can't even compete vs terran because spider mines have so much map control and deal so much damage. What unit am I supposed to use? I tried teching to hydras, but they just put me too far behind because of how gas intense they are.


It depends if it is gas first mines or mines after a rax expand. I'm not sure about the first but you can deal pretty easily with the later. In fact I'm happy if I see mines coming early, it means the reactor factory time has not been used for hellions and that banshees are delayed. You can build less lings because of this, a single spore at the ramp and a single one at the third (if going for early third) and a sacrificial ling should be enough to clear the way for the queens (considering 4 queen opener, 2 queens clear mines decently fast).

It's important to clear them as soon as possible, or else they can kite once hellions and banshees come.
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
December 09 2012 03:02 GMT
#80
On December 09 2012 10:47 NeonFox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2012 10:39 SoFrOsTy wrote:
How are you guys dealing with spider mines early game? I am finding that I can't even compete vs terran because spider mines have so much map control and deal so much damage. What unit am I supposed to use? I tried teching to hydras, but they just put me too far behind because of how gas intense they are.


It depends if it is gas first mines or mines after a rax expand. I'm not sure about the first but you can deal pretty easily with the later. In fact I'm happy if I see mines coming early, it means the reactor factory time has not been used for hellions and that banshees are delayed. You can build less lings because of this, a single spore at the ramp and a single one at the third (if going for early third) and a sacrificial ling should be enough to clear the way for the queens (considering 4 queen opener, 2 queens clear mines decently fast).

It's important to clear them as soon as possible, or else they can kite once hellions and banshees come.


I am sorry, I should have been more clear. Past the early game.. I am finding most GM's I am facing are putting widow mines all along the path from my base to their's. It is dealign so much damage and killing entire packs of lings. I don't know what to do to combat this. The onyl 2 units I can think of that don't suicide when fighting them is the Hydra and the Queen. The Hydra is fine, except it cost too much to keep a good army comp alive that is solid vs Bio. Queens do well vs widow mines close to your base, but past that they are useless as you're not going to slow move them across the map. So what are you guys doing past 9 mins to deal with widow mines planted all over the map?
Julyzerg ftw
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 230
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 57
Bale 14
Super Smash Bros
PPMD47
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu697
Other Games
summit1g7376
Grubby2237
shahzam604
C9.Mang0135
PiGStarcraft28
Liquid`Ken5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• musti20045 61
• Hinosc 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21371
Other Games
• imaqtpie864
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 9m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 9m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 9m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.