• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:24
CEST 02:24
KST 09:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7894 users

The (HotS) Zerg Help Me Thread Beta - Page 27

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 All
TravSC
Profile Joined February 2013
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 14:37:56
February 28 2013 14:35 GMT
#521
Just started playing HotS within the last week or so... I was masters in WoL and am currently Diamond in HotS as Z...

in my ZvT I've been playing around with a bo that can hold the reaper rush and applies some early pressure on the T if they didn't reaper rush. It does put you behind a bit in the early game but is an easy transition into meta-game.

Basic BO
9 Ovie
14 Gas (I wait until around 100 min)
13 Pool
15 Ovie
16 Queen
20 Roach Warren (when queen is about 60% done)
20 Ovie (Queue up burrow with first 100 gas)
20 7Roaches rallied to opponents base to pressure (burrow finishes as you make your way across the map)
34 ovie
34 expo

Note: Increase in number w/o explanation is drone build. Example: from 9 Ovie to 14 Gas you would build 5 drones. Don't forget to replace drone after dropping your Roach Warren.

Delaying the expo is the big concern with this build, but I've found that the pressure with burrow roaches seems to make up for the late expo. If T walls-in I focus the scvs down and burrow as needed (similar to blink stalkers where weak one is burrowed). If he expos and bunkers, walk past bunkers and force a lift (again focus fire scvs).

Against the 8/8reaper build, this bo will hold with an early queen and minimal non-mining time. The roach pressure afterward is solid, too and can often forces several scans.

Again, this isn't auto-win, but with the current state of ZvT I've had a lot of success with this build if microed properly.

I'd post some replays but I'm not at home currently, maybe I will post some later.
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
February 28 2013 14:49 GMT
#522
hi, im a platinum level zerg. and i had a question. so terrans like to get an early widow mine and place it at my possible expansions very early on. i then have to tech to lair in order to grab a third, so its super delayed. anyone have any experience with this? should i just blindly go 2 base muta or something?
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
EdgeSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
119 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 19:57:07
February 28 2013 19:56 GMT
#523
On February 28 2013 23:49 partydude89 wrote:
hi, im a platinum level zerg. and i had a question. so terrans like to get an early widow mine and place it at my possible expansions very early on. i then have to tech to lair in order to grab a third, so its super delayed. anyone have any experience with this? should i just blindly go 2 base muta or something?


Get a spore for widow mine detection near third and natural. Spread creep earlier, roaches or lings can take out the widow mines then. Lair timing should be in between 7-8min usually.
twitch.tv/edgesc
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 01 2013 17:04 GMT
#524
Just a quick question (sorry about putting it here, there doesn't seem to be a Simple Question Simple Answer thread for HotS), is there a compiled list of all WoL -> HotS changes, specifically the Zerg ones? I really haven't been keeping up with it, but am getting more hyped as we get closer to release, and while there's plenty of info on the new units, I can't seem to find a central location about the other changes (tech tree changes, upgrades, etc).
It's your boy Guzma!
Koltronn
Profile Joined February 2013
United States29 Posts
March 01 2013 19:52 GMT
#525
On March 02 2013 02:04 Requizen wrote:
Just a quick question (sorry about putting it here, there doesn't seem to be a Simple Question Simple Answer thread for HotS), is there a compiled list of all WoL -> HotS changes, specifically the Zerg ones? I really haven't been keeping up with it, but am getting more hyped as we get closer to release, and while there's plenty of info on the new units, I can't seem to find a central location about the other changes (tech tree changes, upgrades, etc).

there is a simple [Hots] questions, simple [beta] answers thread, and somthing simaler to what you asked was answered here http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=366967&currentpage=49
i hope this helps!
Naw man, I'm good.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 01 2013 22:07 GMT
#526
On March 02 2013 04:52 Koltronn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2013 02:04 Requizen wrote:
Just a quick question (sorry about putting it here, there doesn't seem to be a Simple Question Simple Answer thread for HotS), is there a compiled list of all WoL -> HotS changes, specifically the Zerg ones? I really haven't been keeping up with it, but am getting more hyped as we get closer to release, and while there's plenty of info on the new units, I can't seem to find a central location about the other changes (tech tree changes, upgrades, etc).

there is a simple [Hots] questions, simple [beta] answers thread, and somthing simaler to what you asked was answered here http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=366967&currentpage=49
i hope this helps!

Thanks a bunch, like a lot of the changes.
It's your boy Guzma!
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
March 03 2013 19:55 GMT
#527
Hey guys, are HotS replays still watchable despite the beta being down? I'm trying to do some starcraft cramming before the game is launch just so I get a good idea of what people are doing. Gonna find all the VODs I can and review them, if anyones interested in watching them too let me know. I'll probably be able to point out some good key games to study after going through entire VODs lol.
gaymon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1023 Posts
March 12 2013 08:46 GMT
#528
Yo mates,
havent been playing sc2 for nearly 2 years and coming back atm. Downside is that i have NO IDEA of HOTS buildorders so could someone of you link me some guides or BO's ? (Was random diamond and protoss master)
fdsdfg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1251 Posts
March 12 2013 17:51 GMT
#529
I have so much trouble with group hotkeys in Zerg. I generally follow this principle:

1 - generic ground army (lings, roaches, hydras, ultras)
2 - banelings or other specialty unit
3 - casters
4 - mutas
5 - overseer and/or corruptors
6 - hatcheries
7-9 ?
0 queens

My biggest issue is that when I get attacked at a certain base, I don't have a way to make a fast and smart response. Either I send all of one type of unit at them, or I have to go find my units and carve off a big enough piece to deal with it without committing my whole army.

I can never find a good way to manage the units in my hotkeys in order to keep:
1) a reasonable response to threats/harassment
2) the ability to micro if a major battle happens
3) the ability to scout effectively while macro'ing

Any advice on some things I can try to implement?
aka Siyko
Ungrafical
Profile Joined March 2013
Spain2 Posts
March 12 2013 18:30 GMT
#530
On March 13 2013 02:51 fdsdfg wrote:
I have so much trouble with group hotkeys in Zerg. I generally follow this principle:

1 - generic ground army (lings, roaches, hydras, ultras)
2 - banelings or other specialty unit
3 - casters
4 - mutas
5 - overseer and/or corruptors
6 - hatcheries
7-9 ?
0 queens

My biggest issue is that when I get attacked at a certain base, I don't have a way to make a fast and smart response. Either I send all of one type of unit at them, or I have to go find my units and carve off a big enough piece to deal with it without committing my whole army.

I can never find a good way to manage the units in my hotkeys in order to keep:
1) a reasonable response to threats/harassment
2) the ability to micro if a major battle happens
3) the ability to scout effectively while macro'ing

Any advice on some things I can try to implement?


I use

1- Main Ground Army
2- Mutas/Bnlings/Corruptors (But never mixed) + Overseers
3- Casters (Haven`t reached yet a game with Ifestors+Vypers, so i really have to fix that)
4-Army/Creep Queens (Hatch queens if no extra queens)
5-Hatcheries
6/7 - Tech Buildings or Specific buildings
8-OL/Oseers

I've realized that just a bunch of kings 6-8 in patrol mode in bases + SC it's enought for Harass drops. If a big drops comes, you should be able to spot it and anyway you should move part of your main army/queens

For early scouting i use 2 and 3 for early OL, and ind mid game/late game random OL Manually selected or Suicidal Lings/Changelings

Usually the only harass that needs units moving involves Warps Prisms and MedVacs, rest of Harassment should'nt go in your base if you have map control imo.

I aslo noticed that triying to too much control group sometimes makes it harder, so i just try to keep and eye on minimap to have time to select f/e a group of kings/queens/hydras to deny any drop.

Last thing, when in i big engagement i almost never use control groups. just manually positioning and control+click to select same type of units in case of retreate or a-move, i find it easier for me. ^^

Hope it was a bit of helps !
Shadowmire
Profile Joined June 2012
United States59 Posts
March 12 2013 23:36 GMT
#531
Hey, I'm someone who played a few games of the HotS beta every now and then but never really got a grasp of the meta or how to play the matchups. I'm also out of practice as I didn't care to play WoL anymore and I'm only a platinum league player so I'm not that good to begin with (lol). Anyway, I was hoping someone could give me advice on basic safe builds/strategies/approaches to the game for each matchup before I really jump into the ladder, as I'm pretty intimidated by it at the moment.
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
March 12 2013 23:53 GMT
#532
Wave goodbye to all the patch zergs

User was temp banned for this post.
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
kwiizu
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden3 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-13 09:45:33
March 13 2013 09:43 GMT
#533
Hey All! I'm a Zerg player and I'm struggling with early aggression from protoss. Zealot, stalker + mothership combo.
Any buildorder or tips how I can fend that off?
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
March 13 2013 12:32 GMT
#534
I was having trouble against immortal sentry all-ins back in WoL. Now with msc it's even harder to stop. Are mutas still the answer?
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
March 15 2013 14:57 GMT
#535
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=402752
Moderator
Prev 1 25 26 27 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings90
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 978
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift4530
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10596
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0275
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 36m
Replay Cast
22h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.