• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:07
CEST 14:07
KST 21:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8749 users

The (HotS) Zerg Help Me Thread Beta - Page 25

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 Next All
Zerum
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden348 Posts
February 17 2013 14:36 GMT
#481
You are not supposed to go pure muta. Even more so if your opponent doesn't go muta. When I have been against a heavy ground army I have gone fore big ling/bling armies with my muta and I always get upgrades for melee/carapace. You also get the attack upgrade instead carapace on your mutas when against a ground army. It can be a bit hard to make sure your blings hit the hydras and you have to spread your mutas so not all get caught in a fungal. You must also play very aggressive when you go mutas. It is not that important that you do damage as long as you force spores and can expand behind it but you have to push his army back as son as he tries to move out or setup good flanks and burrows.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
February 17 2013 17:38 GMT
#482
On February 17 2013 17:07 Spyridon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 14:16 Zerum wrote:
I have only gotten to to super lategame in ZvZ once so far but I think you should aim ultra/queen/muta or brood. If you can get air superiority you can start getting some broods. The match up is very fragile right now, you can make huge swings in army composition after close battles and go at your opponent wit a air superiority or army superiority and just ignore the air for a short time. What I feel is the most important right now is to establish mapcontroll with multitasking no matter what army style you go for. keep your enemy contained and keep eyes all over the map so you don't miss any counter attacks as it will be a war for expansions. It is a very hard to straight up kill your opponent in ZvZ you have to out live him.


The last 2 lategame ZvZ's I've had ended with my opponent going Ultras, and me getting Broodlords out just in the nick of time, at which he didn't have time to tech switch to take them out before they slowly moved over his base.

It does seem to get to late game easier though. Mutas haven't been as efficient either, 2 Spores cover the harass perfectly, and by the time they reach critical mass you can just push their base with Hydras and they will be forced to defend.

mutas are more to prevent them from getting 3 bases easily and stop temf rom ever taking a 4th plus the extra damage on spores isnt a big deal once your ball is big enough to make spores evaportate
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 03:41:01
February 18 2013 03:38 GMT
#483
On February 18 2013 02:38 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2013 17:07 Spyridon wrote:
On February 17 2013 14:16 Zerum wrote:
I have only gotten to to super lategame in ZvZ once so far but I think you should aim ultra/queen/muta or brood. If you can get air superiority you can start getting some broods. The match up is very fragile right now, you can make huge swings in army composition after close battles and go at your opponent wit a air superiority or army superiority and just ignore the air for a short time. What I feel is the most important right now is to establish mapcontroll with multitasking no matter what army style you go for. keep your enemy contained and keep eyes all over the map so you don't miss any counter attacks as it will be a war for expansions. It is a very hard to straight up kill your opponent in ZvZ you have to out live him.


The last 2 lategame ZvZ's I've had ended with my opponent going Ultras, and me getting Broodlords out just in the nick of time, at which he didn't have time to tech switch to take them out before they slowly moved over his base.

It does seem to get to late game easier though. Mutas haven't been as efficient either, 2 Spores cover the harass perfectly, and by the time they reach critical mass you can just push their base with Hydras and they will be forced to defend.


mutas are more to prevent them from getting 3 bases easily and stop temf rom ever taking a 4th plus the extra damage on spores isnt a big deal once your ball is big enough to make spores evaportate


The timings on that is screwy now. By the time the Mutas are out you can easily have your bases ready, spores up, some Hydras as backup, and an upgrade lead on the Hydras at least 1/1 by then. Even if you stick to 2 bases instead of three (even though you can normally take 3 early safely) you can beat 3 bases of Mutas due to the gas difference. Just having Hydras usually discourage the Muta play and bring you ahead, and if not force an attack on the enemy and they HAVE to use the Mutas for defense, or else they lose.
reapsen
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany559 Posts
February 19 2013 11:07 GMT
#484
Has anyone found a hellbat-safe opening that transitions well into 3base muta?

I either end up with way to many roaches from 2 bases, that delay my muta production waaay to much. So much that it isn't even worth going mutas at all.

Or i have a very weak zergling + spinecrawler defense, that can safe a lot of gas for sure, but is very risky to die against a hellbat+marine push (or drop).
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
February 19 2013 13:59 GMT
#485
On February 19 2013 20:07 reapsen wrote:
Has anyone found a hellbat-safe opening that transitions well into 3base muta?

I either end up with way to many roaches from 2 bases, that delay my muta production waaay to much. So much that it isn't even worth going mutas at all.

Or i have a very weak zergling + spinecrawler defense, that can safe a lot of gas for sure, but is very risky to die against a hellbat+marine push (or drop).

Didn't try it, but maybe open with Banelings instead of Roaches? Hellbats still take extra damage from Banelings, same as Marines, since they are all light. So you can go as you described, Lings and Spine Crawlers, but add a bit of Banelings in the mix, and you can always add more if you scout the timing attack.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
rustypipe
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada206 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 16:44:54
February 19 2013 16:42 GMT
#486
On February 19 2013 22:59 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 20:07 reapsen wrote:
Has anyone found a hellbat-safe opening that transitions well into 3base muta?

I either end up with way to many roaches from 2 bases, that delay my muta production waaay to much. So much that it isn't even worth going mutas at all.

Or i have a very weak zergling + spinecrawler defense, that can safe a lot of gas for sure, but is very risky to die against a hellbat+marine push (or drop).

Didn't try it, but maybe open with Banelings instead of Roaches? Hellbats still take extra damage from Banelings, same as Marines, since they are all light. So you can go as you described, Lings and Spine Crawlers, but add a bit of Banelings in the mix, and you can always add more if you scout the timing attack.


I've managed to handle this with lings / banes / and spines with good creep spread. Also I've been setting up a trap where I leave enough space for their 6-8 hellions to run into my base just to get surrounded by lings / banes. Most Terran can't pass up this good opportunity and shoot for it. After the early stages I tech switch to muta to drop tank / hellbat numbers and horras as I secure a 4th and transition into swarm hosts. Swarm hosts can handle mech well as long as siege numbers are not in huge numbers. With the last transition into viper / Ultra to help pull thors and tank into locus. Its been working pretty well for the most part, still working out the exact timings tho.

I find this transition better for a few reasons.

1.) Roach hydra is very good and strong in the mid game, however you have little way to reduce tank numbers if the Terran are smart, and you have little to no way to horass other then drops. Without reduction of tank numbers the end game gets ugly as a good terran will mix in a few ravens and thors with 7+ seige. The Ravens prevent hydra's from shooting cutting out a LARGE number of your DPS while siege rape your roach hydra line.

2.) If you upgrade your melee and carapace with the plan to finally transition into Ultra I find it gives more tech switch abilities. For instance since your muta will be forcing turrets and droping hellbat / tank numbers locus and ultra will be more effective in the final switch. Plus if you see the terran is going no vikings because he doesn't think a BL switch will happen you can quickly transition into Broodlords and your broodlings are 3-3 cracklings to help reduce tank numbers or break Terran defensive lines, then switch back to a ling bane ultra or whatever other composition is required. I've even had games where I had broodlord, swarmhost, ling ultra to clean up the last wave of terran units which worked out well because I was spawning a sick amount of free units

I find this effective because vs Mech there is no 1 unit composition answer per say, its about constant trading and tech switching to have the best unit composition to match his at the time. Hope this helps

The beatings will continue until moral improves!
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
February 19 2013 22:35 GMT
#487
Has anyone tried using the pre-lair burrow for anything yet? Even cheesy, moderately effective builds I'd be interested to hear.
Zerg #1
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
February 19 2013 22:53 GMT
#488
On February 20 2013 07:35 SirPsychoMantis wrote:
Has anyone tried using the pre-lair burrow for anything yet? Even cheesy, moderately effective builds I'd be interested to hear.

I have tried using it in ZvZ for a pretty lame trick -- get burrow, speedling run-by, burrow pairs of lings here and there in the corner of their base, then wait for a little bit, unburrow them, morph banelings, and blow up their drones.

I don't think it's actually a good tactic at all, but it also allows you to burrow a ling at their 3rd to deny that and use burrowed banelings to defend yourself against later ling aggression.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 19 2013 23:41 GMT
#489
On February 20 2013 01:42 rustypipe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 22:59 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On February 19 2013 20:07 reapsen wrote:
Has anyone found a hellbat-safe opening that transitions well into 3base muta?

I either end up with way to many roaches from 2 bases, that delay my muta production waaay to much. So much that it isn't even worth going mutas at all.

Or i have a very weak zergling + spinecrawler defense, that can safe a lot of gas for sure, but is very risky to die against a hellbat+marine push (or drop).

Didn't try it, but maybe open with Banelings instead of Roaches? Hellbats still take extra damage from Banelings, same as Marines, since they are all light. So you can go as you described, Lings and Spine Crawlers, but add a bit of Banelings in the mix, and you can always add more if you scout the timing attack.


I've managed to handle this with lings / banes / and spines with good creep spread. Also I've been setting up a trap where I leave enough space for their 6-8 hellions to run into my base just to get surrounded by lings / banes. Most Terran can't pass up this good opportunity and shoot for it. After the early stages I tech switch to muta to drop tank / hellbat numbers and horras as I secure a 4th and transition into swarm hosts. Swarm hosts can handle mech well as long as siege numbers are not in huge numbers. With the last transition into viper / Ultra to help pull thors and tank into locus. Its been working pretty well for the most part, still working out the exact timings tho.

I find this transition better for a few reasons.

1.) Roach hydra is very good and strong in the mid game, however you have little way to reduce tank numbers if the Terran are smart, and you have little to no way to horass other then drops. Without reduction of tank numbers the end game gets ugly as a good terran will mix in a few ravens and thors with 7+ seige. The Ravens prevent hydra's from shooting cutting out a LARGE number of your DPS while siege rape your roach hydra line.

2.) If you upgrade your melee and carapace with the plan to finally transition into Ultra I find it gives more tech switch abilities. For instance since your muta will be forcing turrets and droping hellbat / tank numbers locus and ultra will be more effective in the final switch. Plus if you see the terran is going no vikings because he doesn't think a BL switch will happen you can quickly transition into Broodlords and your broodlings are 3-3 cracklings to help reduce tank numbers or break Terran defensive lines, then switch back to a ling bane ultra or whatever other composition is required. I've even had games where I had broodlord, swarmhost, ling ultra to clean up the last wave of terran units which worked out well because I was spawning a sick amount of free units

I find this effective because vs Mech there is no 1 unit composition answer per say, its about constant trading and tech switching to have the best unit composition to match his at the time. Hope this helps



Would you mind sharing a replay? I need to completely relearn zvt and your style sounds very cool.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
reapsen
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany559 Posts
February 20 2013 17:15 GMT
#490
On February 20 2013 07:35 SirPsychoMantis wrote:
Has anyone tried using the pre-lair burrow for anything yet? Even cheesy, moderately effective builds I'd be interested to hear.


If you delay a 7RR or 5RR cheese, you can boost with early burrow in ZvZ or ZvP. It gets micro intense, as you have to single burrow roaches, just like blink stalkers or in that micro trainers.
Siggeh
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway71 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 19:54:32
February 20 2013 19:52 GMT
#491
Oh my fucking GOD !
How the fuck do u finish obnoxius protosses who decides to camp with 200 maxed tempest / void ray / HT army behind one million cannons in a corner?????
I was so far ahead...
At the end I realized he was not going to quit, he said he could kill me after some time with his tempest.... what could I do to win??? He was slowly killing my spines / spores .. I had a bank of 8k and could make the game least for like 3 more hours but decided to suicide my army and lost.. (I would have lost anyway after about 3 hours as he would chop down my stuff with his tempests)

Replay:
http://drop.sc/305941

I'm GM in hots, this dude was top masters.....if it matters. (Master in WoL tho)

Edit: sorry if I'm being mean, but this was like the first time I was close to take down a skytoss player..... then he decides to do this shit T_T

Edit2: btw anyone who suggests brood lords deserves a kick in his butt.
rustypipe
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada206 Posts
February 20 2013 20:57 GMT
#492
On February 20 2013 08:41 Musicus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 01:42 rustypipe wrote:
On February 19 2013 22:59 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On February 19 2013 20:07 reapsen wrote:
Has anyone found a hellbat-safe opening that transitions well into 3base muta?

I either end up with way to many roaches from 2 bases, that delay my muta production waaay to much. So much that it isn't even worth going mutas at all.

Or i have a very weak zergling + spinecrawler defense, that can safe a lot of gas for sure, but is very risky to die against a hellbat+marine push (or drop).

Didn't try it, but maybe open with Banelings instead of Roaches? Hellbats still take extra damage from Banelings, same as Marines, since they are all light. So you can go as you described, Lings and Spine Crawlers, but add a bit of Banelings in the mix, and you can always add more if you scout the timing attack.


I've managed to handle this with lings / banes / and spines with good creep spread. Also I've been setting up a trap where I leave enough space for their 6-8 hellions to run into my base just to get surrounded by lings / banes. Most Terran can't pass up this good opportunity and shoot for it. After the early stages I tech switch to muta to drop tank / hellbat numbers and horras as I secure a 4th and transition into swarm hosts. Swarm hosts can handle mech well as long as siege numbers are not in huge numbers. With the last transition into viper / Ultra to help pull thors and tank into locus. Its been working pretty well for the most part, still working out the exact timings tho.

I find this transition better for a few reasons.

1.) Roach hydra is very good and strong in the mid game, however you have little way to reduce tank numbers if the Terran are smart, and you have little to no way to horass other then drops. Without reduction of tank numbers the end game gets ugly as a good terran will mix in a few ravens and thors with 7+ seige. The Ravens prevent hydra's from shooting cutting out a LARGE number of your DPS while siege rape your roach hydra line.

2.) If you upgrade your melee and carapace with the plan to finally transition into Ultra I find it gives more tech switch abilities. For instance since your muta will be forcing turrets and droping hellbat / tank numbers locus and ultra will be more effective in the final switch. Plus if you see the terran is going no vikings because he doesn't think a BL switch will happen you can quickly transition into Broodlords and your broodlings are 3-3 cracklings to help reduce tank numbers or break Terran defensive lines, then switch back to a ling bane ultra or whatever other composition is required. I've even had games where I had broodlord, swarmhost, ling ultra to clean up the last wave of terran units which worked out well because I was spawning a sick amount of free units

I find this effective because vs Mech there is no 1 unit composition answer per say, its about constant trading and tech switching to have the best unit composition to match his at the time. Hope this helps



Would you mind sharing a replay? I need to completely relearn zvt and your style sounds very cool.


Sure thing, when I get home today I'll try and post a replay for you. If you play on the NA server at all let me know and I can do some custom games with people and show you.

I've also been playing around with Ling, Bane > into Swarm hosts > Into Ultra Viper or other transitions when facing mech. This was due to a game where the terran went heavy mines and kept killing all my muta / lings with them. The Swarm Hosts where used specifically to just contain while I took 4th/5th and teched to ultra and other transitions required to prevent his 4th.


The beatings will continue until moral improves!
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 01:35:27
February 21 2013 01:28 GMT
#493
On February 21 2013 04:52 Siggeh wrote:
Oh my fucking GOD !
How the fuck do u finish obnoxius protosses who decides to camp with 200 maxed tempest / void ray / HT army behind one million cannons in a corner?????
I was so far ahead...
At the end I realized he was not going to quit, he said he could kill me after some time with his tempest.... what could I do to win??? He was slowly killing my spines / spores .. I had a bank of 8k and could make the game least for like 3 more hours but decided to suicide my army and lost.. (I would have lost anyway after about 3 hours as he would chop down my stuff with his tempests)

Replay:
http://drop.sc/305941

I'm GM in hots, this dude was top masters.....if it matters. (Master in WoL tho)

Edit: sorry if I'm being mean, but this was like the first time I was close to take down a skytoss player..... then he decides to do this shit T_T

Edit2: btw anyone who suggests brood lords deserves a kick in his butt.


I'm no pro, but why didn't you kill him at the 15 minute mark. Only had stalkers and a handful of phoenix. Felt like ling/bane/muta should have just destroyed him.

Edit: He had 4 phoenix, 21 stalkers. You had 2k minerals 1k gas. I think you could have took that.
Edit: 25 minute mark he was focusing on pure tempest, you destroyede his collosus, i feel like hydra/viper/ultra should be able to deal w/ templar/stalker/tempest -> ultras to tank -> vipers to pull back tempest -> hydras clean up tempest and just keep replenishing from there. You had the bank.

Edit: You seemed like you tried to do that, but corruptors get destroyed by void rays now, try hydra instead of corruptor mixed with vipers in that ultra/swarm host composition and see if that helps.
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
February 21 2013 12:57 GMT
#494
On February 21 2013 05:57 rustypipe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 08:41 Musicus wrote:
On February 20 2013 01:42 rustypipe wrote:
On February 19 2013 22:59 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On February 19 2013 20:07 reapsen wrote:
Has anyone found a hellbat-safe opening that transitions well into 3base muta?

I either end up with way to many roaches from 2 bases, that delay my muta production waaay to much. So much that it isn't even worth going mutas at all.

Or i have a very weak zergling + spinecrawler defense, that can safe a lot of gas for sure, but is very risky to die against a hellbat+marine push (or drop).

Didn't try it, but maybe open with Banelings instead of Roaches? Hellbats still take extra damage from Banelings, same as Marines, since they are all light. So you can go as you described, Lings and Spine Crawlers, but add a bit of Banelings in the mix, and you can always add more if you scout the timing attack.


I've managed to handle this with lings / banes / and spines with good creep spread. Also I've been setting up a trap where I leave enough space for their 6-8 hellions to run into my base just to get surrounded by lings / banes. Most Terran can't pass up this good opportunity and shoot for it. After the early stages I tech switch to muta to drop tank / hellbat numbers and horras as I secure a 4th and transition into swarm hosts. Swarm hosts can handle mech well as long as siege numbers are not in huge numbers. With the last transition into viper / Ultra to help pull thors and tank into locus. Its been working pretty well for the most part, still working out the exact timings tho.

I find this transition better for a few reasons.

1.) Roach hydra is very good and strong in the mid game, however you have little way to reduce tank numbers if the Terran are smart, and you have little to no way to horass other then drops. Without reduction of tank numbers the end game gets ugly as a good terran will mix in a few ravens and thors with 7+ seige. The Ravens prevent hydra's from shooting cutting out a LARGE number of your DPS while siege rape your roach hydra line.

2.) If you upgrade your melee and carapace with the plan to finally transition into Ultra I find it gives more tech switch abilities. For instance since your muta will be forcing turrets and droping hellbat / tank numbers locus and ultra will be more effective in the final switch. Plus if you see the terran is going no vikings because he doesn't think a BL switch will happen you can quickly transition into Broodlords and your broodlings are 3-3 cracklings to help reduce tank numbers or break Terran defensive lines, then switch back to a ling bane ultra or whatever other composition is required. I've even had games where I had broodlord, swarmhost, ling ultra to clean up the last wave of terran units which worked out well because I was spawning a sick amount of free units

I find this effective because vs Mech there is no 1 unit composition answer per say, its about constant trading and tech switching to have the best unit composition to match his at the time. Hope this helps



Would you mind sharing a replay? I need to completely relearn zvt and your style sounds very cool.


Sure thing, when I get home today I'll try and post a replay for you. If you play on the NA server at all let me know and I can do some custom games with people and show you.

I've also been playing around with Ling, Bane > into Swarm hosts > Into Ultra Viper or other transitions when facing mech. This was due to a game where the terran went heavy mines and kept killing all my muta / lings with them. The Swarm Hosts where used specifically to just contain while I took 4th/5th and teched to ultra and other transitions required to prevent his 4th.




Sounds good, thanks. Doing games on NA should be no problem with global play too .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Merikh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States918 Posts
February 22 2013 09:55 GMT
#495
Alright I'm struggling, ZvT. Anyone have any replays of terrans going mech, taking little to no damage while taking their fourth and how to deal with that mid to late game situation as a zerg when they start transitioning into skyterran? Is there a way to deal with this before bc's?

The siege tanks and widow mines that support this makes it so difficult to engage. Vipers seem difficult to use when vikings are in play and PDD vs zerg is just .

I would love to check out some replays of Z v Mech where the game goes past 30 minutes.
G4MR | I mod day9, djwheat and GLHF's stream
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
February 22 2013 19:40 GMT
#496
On February 22 2013 18:55 Merikh wrote:
Alright I'm struggling, ZvT. Anyone have any replays of terrans going mech, taking little to no damage while taking their fourth and how to deal with that mid to late game situation as a zerg when they start transitioning into skyterran? Is there a way to deal with this before bc's?

The siege tanks and widow mines that support this makes it so difficult to engage. Vipers seem difficult to use when vikings are in play and PDD vs zerg is just .

I would love to check out some replays of Z v Mech where the game goes past 30 minutes.


I have zero replays going past 30 minutes sorry, but I find the best plan is to kill them before they get to that death ball. Generally, when I see a meching player (which I scout with early O/l speed) I will drone like a beast up to 4 base saturation asap. Upgrading roach/hydra 1+/1+. Get drops and go for a huge drop if they don't move out. As soon as the drop finishes I remax on mutas, generally at this stage they are building zero thors because of all the ground force they are dealing with. When doing the drop make sure you try to target any thors you see. After muta ball switch back again into roach/hydra if needed but tbh, all of my mech games I destroy them with this tactic.

Here are two replays of me doing this strat, one of which is against a GM (if I remember correctly).

http://drop.sc/306400
http://drop.sc/306399
Neverblink
Profile Joined August 2012
United States31 Posts
February 22 2013 23:35 GMT
#497
On February 22 2013 18:55 Merikh wrote:
Alright I'm struggling, ZvT. Anyone have any replays of terrans going mech, taking little to no damage while taking their fourth and how to deal with that mid to late game situation as a zerg when they start transitioning into skyterran? Is there a way to deal with this before bc's?

The siege tanks and widow mines that support this makes it so difficult to engage. Vipers seem difficult to use when vikings are in play and PDD vs zerg is just .

I would love to check out some replays of Z v Mech where the game goes past 30 minutes.




Terran is played the same way throughout and I will not switch until a better method is found.

Corrupter/Hydralisk/Viper/Ling/Speed Bane's/Oversteer's

Very micro intensive.


Vs. Mech
Corrupter/Hydralisks/Oversteer will push the Viking's back and snipe mines (Hot key together, if you need to)
Viper's move in with a quick blinding cloud on tanks
Speed Banes vs Hellbats

When they get SkyTerran going..Corrupters with Infestors tends to work. Just make sure you position your battles well & his army is very immobile if it has Battle Cruisers. Ultralisks attacking his lines would delay his push.
learning88
Profile Joined April 2005
United States160 Posts
February 23 2013 03:47 GMT
#498
Well since we're switching over from WoL to HotS, I was wondering how do the opening builds differ from the 2 games?

So far:

ZvT (4 queen)
15 hatch
16 pool
2 queens
2 queens
@ ~5:00 double gas
take 3rd when minerals are available
upgrade: ling speed, lair, 1/1

ZvP
14 pool
16 hatch
21 hatch
@ 6:00 double gas
@ 7:00 evo + roach

ZvZ
15 pool
16 hatch
15 ovie
15 gas
-iNko
Profile Joined August 2010
Lithuania160 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-23 10:14:58
February 23 2013 10:12 GMT
#499
What am i supposed to max out on vs very late game t or p? Anything i throw at lategame t or p just melts doing barely any damage. I end up leaving games with 10k or more resources banked, having all tech paths all upgrades but anything i build just gets destroyed.. I feel like i just have to do some lame aggression with t1/t2 units and end the game there before it gets to late game..
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
February 23 2013 10:47 GMT
#500
On February 23 2013 19:12 -iNko wrote:
What am i supposed to max out on vs very late game t or p? Anything i throw at lategame t or p just melts doing barely any damage. I end up leaving games with 10k or more resources banked, having all tech paths all upgrades but anything i build just gets destroyed.. I feel like i just have to do some lame aggression with t1/t2 units and end the game there before it gets to late game..

Right now, every Zerg I see plays almost the same in the late game. 5-6 Ultras, a lot of Zerglings and Banelings, with few Vipers and ~10 Infestors. If he has committed a bit more to the Air(mixing Air and ground), you can add more Hydras and less Infestors. I barely see people using Brood Lords these days(to some effect), but you have to be able to re-max. Zerg is a lot more like in the Brood War days, where you aren't using the Deathball, but a tons of cheaper units(except the Ultras), where you throw them at the enemy to be able to deal damage, and then try to re-max.

About Skytoss, you can't really do much. :/
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1231
WardiTV513
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 7850
StarCastTV_EN175
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko420
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 15672
Bisu 2946
Jaedong 2026
BeSt 1032
EffOrt 906
ZerO 414
Horang2 413
actioN 262
Larva 218
Zeus 168
[ Show more ]
Pusan 162
Barracks 101
Mind 101
Yoon 90
Hyun 81
ggaemo 72
Mini 64
Snow 54
Killer 51
Shinee 48
Sharp 37
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 32
NotJumperer 32
scan(afreeca) 31
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 15
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 10
sorry 9
hero 4
Dota 2
Dendi943
Gorgc10
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1386
byalli788
markeloff93
Other Games
crisheroes277
B2W.Neo269
DeMusliM187
Pyrionflax184
dupreeh114
Mew2King63
Livibee57
QueenE53
hiko13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 83
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV627
League of Legends
• Jankos1325
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 53m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.