• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:38
CEST 20:38
KST 03:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8205 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 410

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 408 409 410 411 412 432 Next
liqyokar
Profile Joined April 2016
3 Posts
April 04 2016 00:58 GMT
#8181
now its work much better
Ascaron
Profile Joined March 2016
2 Posts
April 05 2016 14:00 GMT
#8182
I love this Layout. I have just started playing SC2 and i cant believe how much my APM and Macro improved. I am literally playing SC2 for 2 Weeks now and i achieve 120 - 150 APM. May be bad in comparison with veterans, but i am proud of that fact

It was a bit of a hassle to learn, but spending a little bit of time in it really makes it work very well.

Thank you for creating this Layout.
REALLYANGRY
Profile Joined April 2016
1 Post
April 06 2016 19:38 GMT
#8183
Im using a Razer Blackwidow Stealth and I am having a lot of issues using the right alt key for the core. The right alt key changes my keyboard's language, which makes it (the right alt key) stop working ingame so I cant set up cameras. How do I fix this?
PsaQi
Profile Joined April 2016
Germany3 Posts
April 07 2016 09:40 GMT
#8184
a tiny bit of google and you can find out how to change the language-changing hotkeys in windows
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
April 07 2016 11:18 GMT
#8185
REALLYANGRY,
That's probably a window's issue and not a Razer issue. You can change the language swap hotkey to something that doesn't conflict.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
eleven13
Profile Joined April 2016
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-08 04:00:15
April 08 2016 03:59 GMT
#8186
After reading the FAQ I'm just a little confused about the "Ctrl+Alt" thing.

I'm currently using RRM 3.0 which I got from Skydrive>Core 3.0>US QWERTY>RRM, but currently my "add to control group" is set to "Ctrl + Alt + [letter]." The FAQ makes it sound like that should not be, and that I might have the wrong file. Did I download the incorrect thing, and if so which file should I be using?

edit: My keyboard is a CM Storm QuickFire XT, which is why I selected US QWERTY unless that's incorrect?

Thanks
Hancho
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany89 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-08 06:44:49
April 08 2016 06:39 GMT
#8187
On April 08 2016 12:59 eleven13 wrote:
After reading the FAQ I'm just a little confused about the "Ctrl+Alt" thing.

I'm currently using RRM 3.0 which I got from Skydrive>Core 3.0>US QWERTY>RRM, but currently my "add to control group" is set to "Ctrl + Alt + [letter]." The FAQ makes it sound like that should not be, and that I might have the wrong file. Did I download the incorrect thing, and if so which file should I be using?

edit: My keyboard is a CM Storm QuickFire XT, which is why I selected US QWERTY unless that's incorrect?

Thanks


The FAQ 8 entry is for keyboards which has a AltGr instead of right Alt. The US QWERTY layout has no AltGr key so not relevant for you.
add to control group is bound to ctrl + Alt + <key> that is correct (the binding will change in the next version - this will also reduce the confusion) but it is not intended to be used in 3.0. See also original post FAQ for 3.0 at the top entry 1.
1. Why are add- and create control group so hard to press?
We have decided to replace the binds for add/create with add steal/create steal. We have come to believe the gain in efficiency (faster steal keys) is greater than the loss of utility (shared control groups).


everything seems correct if you have not picked the wrong layout.
eleven13
Profile Joined April 2016
6 Posts
April 08 2016 14:30 GMT
#8188
Thanks for the help Hancho, I missed the 3.0 section of the FAQ. What does "steal " refer to in that section?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
April 09 2016 03:18 GMT
#8189
CG Stealing is fucking amazing:

Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
eleven13
Profile Joined April 2016
6 Posts
April 10 2016 03:35 GMT
#8190
Thanks for the video JaKaTaK, I think I've accidentally been doing that on occasion and found it really helpful but I couldn't figure out how to consistently repeat it lol
fstfrcrws
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1 Post
April 10 2016 23:14 GMT
#8191
Just got back into sc2 and heard about this. I gave it a try and so far it feels great! My thumb was getting a little sore so I was thinking of switching from ZRM to ZRS. Quick question, is there any reason why morph into ultra and evolve burrow are unbound in ZRS?
g_squidman
Profile Joined April 2016
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-11 02:09:18
April 11 2016 01:19 GMT
#8192
I understand that the way this is setup is so I can easily do things with controls groups after I switch two them. That means it matters a lot what I put into which control group, right? Is there a resource for this? Obviously, control groups seem to be on only two fingers intentionally. So are all the index fingered control groups for army units and the rest for unit production? I think I've figured out that whichever control group is for my warpgates should also be set as the [shift + control group] warp in location, but I'm not sure which one that should be. I've had instances in practice where I hit a key to select my warpgates, hit shift and the same key to go to the warp in location, hold the J key down to "rapid fire" out a shitton of zealots, hold ctrl and click a zealot to select them all, keeping ctrl down and pressing my army hotkey to add them to the army, and all that feels really, really, really smooth. It's nice! But those moments are still few and far between, because then I have half my base location hotkeys on one finger and half on the other and it takes me several seconds to remember which one is where. I'm still pretty new to the game, so I'm not much slower than I otherwise would be. It's just....

Well is there any "guide" or "rulebook" or something for what should be assigned to which control group or location hotkey?

I'm using PRM.

EDIT: So I did find something in the legacy section about this, which should help, but it's for 1.0. Is there an updated version of this?
eleven13
Profile Joined April 2016
6 Posts
April 11 2016 02:49 GMT
#8193
@g_squidman: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/140gNhKs_1VCG6JJ9ijvEblKI9UQcpUKDTPap5t_kBeU/edit#gid=1637920917

That's the link to the latest master spreadsheet.

I do have my own question as well though, and that is why the camera and the control group hotkey numbering differs?

For example, in RRM, "J" is the key for both camera and control group 1. However, after that, "O" is CG 2 wheras "P" is Camera 2.

Is there an advantage to learning them separately like that? Until I took a look at the spreadsheet I was mirroring my cameras with the CGs, but if it's beneficial to keep them separated I'll give that a shot.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
April 11 2016 05:14 GMT
#8194
The Control Groups and Cameras should be ordered by speed. Fastest/Easiest to press to Slowest/Hardest.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
eleven13
Profile Joined April 2016
6 Posts
April 12 2016 02:03 GMT
#8195
Ok cool thanks, I actually didn't realize that the cameras did differ a good deal from the hotkeys until I went back and looked at the interactive demo again, the way they are set up actually seems much easier than the way I was doing it before so I'm going to try and change it so I'm doing everything the "right" way early on.
g_squidman
Profile Joined April 2016
4 Posts
April 12 2016 05:10 GMT
#8196
So another question about the suggested control groups. All the [ctrl + control group] are "add to control group and 'steal' from others" instead of just "add to control group." How is one supposed to easily add Stalkers to both the ranged and Stalker specific control group? I didn't see a separate key binding for this.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
April 12 2016 13:11 GMT
#8197
After careful consideration, we've decided it's better to have fast access to the steal function than it is to have the utility of a unit or units being in multiple control groups simultaneously. If you prefer the latter, simply re-bind to the old control group functions
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
g_squidman
Profile Joined April 2016
4 Posts
April 12 2016 20:20 GMT
#8198
So is it suggested to keep Stalkers separate from the rest of the ranged units? I suppose it's up to me in the end, but I feel like following your advice will help me a lot.
SYNLastLaugh
Profile Joined April 2016
3 Posts
April 14 2016 01:25 GMT
#8199
So, I want to try this but I don't know where to start. I'm playing Zerg. I watched all the videos and read the entire OP but I havent played SC since '13 so all the drills listed have me at a loss. Are these things I should be googling? Like "Hotkey trainer by skelde" I attempted to try theStaircase method instead but couldnt find the Creep Or Die Staircase mode?

My last, and probably biggest question, is I uploaded the ZRM and ZRL Hotkey maps, but neither have the camera Create Locations mapped. What should they be mapped to?
Hancho
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany89 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-14 07:02:36
April 14 2016 06:53 GMT
#8200
On April 14 2016 10:25 SYNLastLaugh wrote:
So, I want to try this but I don't know where to start. I'm playing Zerg. I watched all the videos and read the entire OP but I havent played SC since '13 so all the drills listed have me at a loss. Are these things I should be googling? Like "Hotkey trainer by skelde" I attempted to try theStaircase method instead but couldnt find the Creep Or Die Staircase mode?

My last, and probably biggest question, is I uploaded the ZRM and ZRL Hotkey maps, but neither have the camera Create Locations mapped. What should they be mapped to?

The Problem is that ControlGroupAssigns have the same bindings as the CameraSaves.
But the ControlGroupAssigns are not intended to be used.
So you map the ControlGroupAssigns bindings to the CameraSaves.
Prev 1 408 409 410 411 412 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 258
ProTech145
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 26
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25069
Shuttle 704
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 116
Dewaltoss 101
firebathero 76
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9556
qojqva1629
Counter-Strike
fl0m1399
Fnx 840
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1385
Grubby1295
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu501
Other Games
summit1g3921
FrodaN1550
Beastyqt546
Mlord311
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS181
C9.Mang0179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 64
• Hinosc 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 22m
Online Event
16h 22m
FEL
21h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.