• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:25
CEST 06:25
KST 13:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8426 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 145

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 432 Next
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-19 20:11:27
March 19 2013 20:10 GMT
#2881
Also, everyone should know those images are out dated. I think we will have knew ones for the full release.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 19 2013 20:15 GMT
#2882
On March 20 2013 05:00 Pelirrojo wrote:
In RRM version 0.6.2, all set camera hotkeys have been changed to "control+alt+key" instead of just alt+key. I assume this must be a bug.

Also, "center on selection" has been changed to control+alt.

Which language for RRM 0.6.2 are you referring to? For non-US keyboards that have an AltGr key on the right side of the keyboard instead of an Alt key, that key functions like Control+Alt instead of just Alt.
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 19 2013 20:25 GMT
#2883
On March 20 2013 05:10 Ninjury_J wrote:
JDub, what do you think of upgrades on the mouse buttons (specifically for ZXXM vs ZXX)?

I'm not sure what you mean -- do you mean control groups for your evo chambers, or do you mean having +1/+1 research ability keys on the mouse buttons?

If the first, I don't think we should move control groups to the mouse buttons for ZXX. If the second, I'm not sure what you gain by doing that since the upgrade keys are already easy to press.
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
March 19 2013 20:40 GMT
#2884
I mean the first. My question could have been simpler: what do you think is more efficient, ZXXM or ZXX? I know Jak and I and everyone else always say "personal preference" because we have no data, but clearly there is a correct response. I'm wondering what you think.

I think it's best to first think in terms of Zerg because its less important than the other two races. If the answer is "no mouse" for Zerg, then it ought to be no mouse for the other two as well. If the answer is yes, it still might be no for T and P. I'd like to do some research on it and come to a conclusion but I'm not sure how. What are your thoughts?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 19 2013 20:50 GMT
#2885
Ah I understand now. I don't agree that there necessarily has to be a "correct response". Personally I really don't like using my side mouse buttons while trying to do precise mouse movements at the same time, so I have chosen to play TheCore without mouse button control groups. So I think it probably depends on how people grip their mice and how comfortable they are pressing the side mouse buttons.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 19 2013 21:04 GMT
#2886
On March 20 2013 05:10 Ninjury_J wrote:
Also, everyone should know those images are out dated. I think we will have knew ones for the full release.




Uhhh... what? So you're making 48 new visual Aides?!!?!

What is outdated about the ones we have now?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
March 19 2013 21:17 GMT
#2887
No, 16. Just medium. They should not be hard to modify as they are small changes. I'm not even positive there are many if any, but it does still say 0.5. When we are done with changes and discussion, ill look over them to double check myself .
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
March 19 2013 21:31 GMT
#2888
On March 19 2013 10:59 Ninjury_J wrote:
The f keys aren't prevalent, I guess you can use T, F and V instead. Why don't you want to use f keys?

Feng, I guess we will have to continue to disagree. The twist isn't fun, but it is fine. I don't find it painful.



My keyboard doesn't have f keys. It uses a modifier button in addition to the numbers on the top row. Also the modifier is on the right side of the keyboard, and while I'm capable of hitting it with my thumb, it's not exactly ideal.
Cereal
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 19 2013 22:01 GMT
#2889
@InfCereal
The only necessary key on the F keys is Cancel. Just rebind that and you're good to go :D
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
EvilSource
Profile Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10 Posts
March 19 2013 22:46 GMT
#2890
On March 20 2013 05:00 Pelirrojo wrote:
In RRM version 0.6.2, all set camera hotkeys have been changed to "control+alt+key" instead of just alt+key. I assume this must be a bug.

Also, "center on selection" has been changed to control+alt.


Right Alt (Alt Gr) is Ctrl + Alt
Pelirrojo
Profile Joined April 2010
United States98 Posts
March 19 2013 23:21 GMT
#2891
On March 20 2013 05:15 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2013 05:00 Pelirrojo wrote:
In RRM version 0.6.2, all set camera hotkeys have been changed to "control+alt+key" instead of just alt+key. I assume this must be a bug.

Also, "center on selection" has been changed to control+alt.

Which language for RRM 0.6.2 are you referring to? For non-US keyboards that have an AltGr key on the right side of the keyboard instead of an Alt key, that key functions like Control+Alt instead of just Alt.


Ahhhhhhh fml, you're right, I must have downloaded the wrong version by accident.
gronnelg
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway354 Posts
March 20 2013 14:15 GMT
#2892
So, I'm curious. Has anybody high master GM had a go at this?
How did it work out for you?
Lulzez || My stream: http://www.twitch.tv/gronnelg
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 20 2013 14:21 GMT
#2893
On March 20 2013 23:15 gronnelg wrote:
So, I'm curious. Has anybody high master GM had a go at this?
How did it work out for you?

iSanddbox is the highest level player who uses TheCore at the moment, echoic is probably the second highest level player (at least that I know of). Their feedback is near the bottom of the OP.

I'm mid-masters and it has worked out great for me. It was a really really tough learning process for the first week or so, but after that adjusting to it was a lot of fun and now I'm much better at a lot of things (saved cameras, injects, hotkeying my eggs, more control groups, etc.)
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-20 14:38:52
March 20 2013 14:38 GMT
#2894
Okay, so we got some crazy stuff coming down the pipeline to 1.0. FoxyMayhem, Ninjury, and I spent a while talking about it and we're really excited about the changes we'll be making, and when we get the specifics figured out, we're going to update the document accordingly. For now here are the changes:

There will be no more Mouse or non-mouse version. We'll keep the old ones in a special folder on the github, but we have found a way to bring both versions together into 1 file and will be using that from 1.0 onward.

We will be including Previous Subgroup and both Rotate Camera functions (at least for righty) as a part of this change.

Next and Previous Subgroup are now on the side mouse buttons!!!

2 Control groups can be either on the keyboard or on the mouse (we're using alternates so the file has both).

/ for righty and Z for lefty are now an ability key! This means that you don't have to reach as far on the ability side anymore

What I need to know from all of you now is this:

Poll: What size layout of TheCore do you use?

Medium (132)
 
80%

Small (22)
 
13%

Large (12)
 
7%

166 total votes

Your vote: What size layout of TheCore do you use?

(Vote): Small
(Vote): Medium
(Vote): Large



Also posting to the OP so we can get results faster.

Thank you everyone, this shit is going to be insane
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Nah
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland50 Posts
March 20 2013 14:42 GMT
#2895
It seems that for TheCore PRM 0.6.2 ability "Load" for Warp Prism has not been set appropriately. It's on 'D'. I'd suggest apostrophe.
Protoss wins it all
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
March 20 2013 14:45 GMT
#2896
I might be wrong, but i think "load" is a throwaway key for all layouts since you can just click, can't you?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 20 2013 14:50 GMT
#2897
Yes, load is intentionally set to the opposite side of the keyboard because it is not efficient or necessary.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Fritti
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands52 Posts
March 20 2013 15:06 GMT
#2898
What key is going to be "next subgroup" if / is an ability now? Curious to see how you intend to deal with Terran macro here. Can't wait!
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
March 20 2013 15:34 GMT
#2899
Well I just found out about the Core this morning and I'm interested to invest some time to adapt to this new layout. I have a question though :

Should I wait for version 1.0 before taking the jump or should I start with 0.6.2 now and switch when 1.0 is out?

Basically, will the changes in v.1.0 be enough to mess up the learning curve of the current version? And how long until v.1.0? days, weeks or months? thanks!
ProbeEtPylon
Profile Joined October 2010
168 Posts
March 20 2013 15:48 GMT
#2900
On March 21 2013 00:34 CursedFeanor wrote:
Well I just found out about the Core this morning and I'm interested to invest some time to adapt to this new layout. I have a question though :

Should I wait for version 1.0 before taking the jump or should I start with 0.6.2 now and switch when 1.0 is out?

Basically, will the changes in v.1.0 be enough to mess up the learning curve of the current version? And how long until v.1.0? days, weeks or months? thanks!


Same question here, help please
beer
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 147 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 84
Nina 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2383
Shinee 60
NotJumperer 16
Noble 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1295
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 696
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft525
Other Games
summit1g7167
Coldzera 744
C9.Mang0370
PiGStarcraft241
ArmadaUGS41
RuFF_SC218
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick933
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream394
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota272
League of Legends
• Lourlo1275
• Rush1001
• Stunt259
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 36m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.