• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:03
CEST 20:03
KST 03:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8196 users

1.4.3 How to kill lategame Zerg? - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
February 16 2012 22:59 GMT
#61
On February 17 2012 07:09 Mr. Nefarious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 06:59 AKomrade wrote:

Raven/Viking/Ghost/Hellion maybe? It might require a small nerf of Fungal (or a nice buff of hellion and viking health) so your vikings and hellions wouldn't die instantly and you would also need to use mech, but it might work.


I cannot possibly understand why people think Terran now needs a buff. Terran has been above 50% win rate in every single metagame, on every single map pool, in every single match up and at every single level since release. They have won the most GSLs, the most tournaments, have the highest representation in tournaments, have the most top 4's and do not have a single player of any race to have an 75%+ win rate against them at the pro level. Terran gets nerfed every patch yet still, the winrates NEVER drop below 50%. Perhaps it's time to examine the actual design rather than just the numbers. Getting nerfed every single patch must suck, but the numbers are clear and infallible. If you truly feel Terran is just awful, it's time to play as Zerg or Protoss for awhile. As a former Terran player myself, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.


the winrate is not something we have this high because of lategame TvZ, even with actual ghost believe me.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
February 16 2012 23:03 GMT
#62
On February 17 2012 06:04 kcdc wrote:
Am I crazy or will snipe still be decent vs broodlords? In late game, supply is more of a concern than cost, and you can have 3 ghosts (up to 24 snipes) for the supply of one broodlord. Ghosts aren't going to completely shut down Z T3 like they do right now, but with a good gameplan, it seems like they'll still be really good.


even if this nerf goes through, which pretty much noone wants in this form, then the ghost will still be better vs broodlords than it is vs ultras right now.
OzkanTheFlip
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States246 Posts
February 16 2012 23:03 GMT
#63
On February 17 2012 04:48 ToastieNL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 04:46 Hollis wrote:
Drop his expos, drop as many of them as you can, as fast as you can. Don't stop for any reason!

Drop everywhere. I play a mech style atm, I don't see how dropping everywhere works, especially not vs Broodlord Infestor. Infestors are faster than Tanks it seems, so I don't have that big of a mobility advantage.
Dropping with mech just doesn't work I feel like.

blue flame hellions bro, those can be dropped, and as for getting lots of vikings, dont get a lot just get some and keep them alive by not clumping them
Make Moar Roaches
creamer
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada128 Posts
February 16 2012 23:07 GMT
#64
As terran players, we accept that we are not very powerful in the lategame. It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's?? there's just no answer from Terran. There's no answer for Broodlord infestor really apart from ghosts (bs that it's getting nerfed btw). I try and finish TvP and TvZ on 3base before deathballs are acheivable. I know this isn't that great a tip, but try fixing your build to win when they are on bane/ling/muta or roach/infestor or b4 hive.
MKP - Best player of all time
jdsowa
Profile Joined March 2011
405 Posts
February 16 2012 23:07 GMT
#65
the principle behind the snipe nerf is the same as the principle behind the fungal and neural parasite nerf. They don't want T2 caster units dominating T3 units. For a LONG LONG time zerg complained about their T3. Turns out now, they're fairly decent. T players have dismissed BCs and ravens in TvZ. But I'm almost certain that--like in every other similar situation--they will eventually explore them and magically find them to be useful.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 23:16:30
February 16 2012 23:08 GMT
#66
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.
Mr. Nefarious
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
February 16 2012 23:16 GMT
#67
On February 17 2012 07:59 Noocta wrote:
the winrate is not something we have this high because of lategame TvZ, even with actual ghost believe me.


While that's an interesting statement; you've neglected to provide any sources, data, evidence or numbers to backup this theory. Random anecdotal evidence should be treated as such, worthless.
저그 화이팅
phodacbiet
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1740 Posts
February 16 2012 23:22 GMT
#68
Have you tried.. iono dropping? You dont have to attack directly into the ball you know. Plus i highly doubt you were using ghosts to their full effect to counter broodlord infestors pre patch anyways.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
February 16 2012 23:22 GMT
#69
On February 17 2012 08:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
Show nested quote +
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.

If I wanted to lose to HT/Archon/Blink Stalker, I suppose that would be true.
Liquipedia
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
February 16 2012 23:27 GMT
#70
On February 17 2012 08:22 Elyvilon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 08:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.

If I wanted to lose to HT/Archon/Blink Stalker, I suppose that would be true.

Well, according to terrans you lose against HT/archon/blink stalker/colossus already. I mean, you do realize that your mentality of "well it doesnt work" before even trying it AT ALL is what stagnates the races right?

I think once protoss gets up to 3 bases with all their gas and full income, terran needs to begin switching tech out of full bio into something different.

Maybe a couple ravens, working up to a sizeable BC army and marines/cc's as a mineral dump.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-16 23:48:26
February 16 2012 23:46 GMT
#71
On February 17 2012 08:27 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 08:22 Elyvilon wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.

If I wanted to lose to HT/Archon/Blink Stalker, I suppose that would be true.

Well, according to terrans you lose against HT/archon/blink stalker/colossus already. I mean, you do realize that your mentality of "well it doesnt work" before even trying it AT ALL is what stagnates the races right?

I think once protoss gets up to 3 bases with all their gas and full income, terran needs to begin switching tech out of full bio into something different.

Maybe a couple ravens, working up to a sizeable BC army and marines/cc's as a mineral dump.

BCs are only kind of bad against HTs, while ravens are actually completely horrible against them. It might be possible to mix BCs into the lategame TvP army, but I doubt it is possible for ravens(even though I like to get one for detection, I don't actually think this is a good idea for good players). That said, building them instead of ghosts or marauders seems like a bad idea, because it leaves your entire army to be countered by templar. I have not found BCs to be particularly helpful in the couple times I've tried them, though.

I actually like thors better, because armor upgraded thors actually tank zealots and colossi okay, but I've never seen pros build them in those situations; maybe it's because then you have yet another set of upgrades you need to do in addition to infantry weapons, infantry armor, air weapons, and potentially air armor. Or maybe it's because they're too slow, I dunno.
Liquipedia
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
February 16 2012 23:52 GMT
#72
On February 17 2012 08:46 Elyvilon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 08:27 TheRabidDeer wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:22 Elyvilon wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.

If I wanted to lose to HT/Archon/Blink Stalker, I suppose that would be true.

Well, according to terrans you lose against HT/archon/blink stalker/colossus already. I mean, you do realize that your mentality of "well it doesnt work" before even trying it AT ALL is what stagnates the races right?

I think once protoss gets up to 3 bases with all their gas and full income, terran needs to begin switching tech out of full bio into something different.

Maybe a couple ravens, working up to a sizeable BC army and marines/cc's as a mineral dump.

BCs are only kind of bad against HTs, while ravens are actually completely horrible against them. It might be possible to mix BCs into the lategame TvP army, but I doubt it is possible for ravens(even though I like to get one for detection, I don't actually think this is a good idea for good players). That said, building them instead of ghosts or marauders seems like a bad idea, because it leaves your entire army to be countered by templar. I have not found BCs to be particularly helpful in the couple times I've tried them, though.

I actually like thors better, because armor upgraded thors actually tank zealots and colossi okay, but I've never seen pros build them in those situations; maybe it's because then you have yet another set of upgrades you need to do in addition to infantry weapons, infantry armor, air weapons, and potentially air armor. Or maybe it's because they're too slow, I dunno.

Why are ravens horrible against them? You are getting them for PDD so that your BC's are immune to the main source of damage. You should be able to drop PDD's without getting hit by feedback. I mean, 3 ravens is 6 potential PDD's, which is a ton of stalker fire to absorb.

Maybe thor/hellion late game. Seems like itd be a harder tech switch than BC's though because you dont usually have more than the one factory TvP and you could very well have 2 starports, and you will have a lot of barracks already.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
February 16 2012 23:53 GMT
#73
On February 17 2012 08:52 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 08:46 Elyvilon wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:27 TheRabidDeer wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:22 Elyvilon wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.

If I wanted to lose to HT/Archon/Blink Stalker, I suppose that would be true.

Well, according to terrans you lose against HT/archon/blink stalker/colossus already. I mean, you do realize that your mentality of "well it doesnt work" before even trying it AT ALL is what stagnates the races right?

I think once protoss gets up to 3 bases with all their gas and full income, terran needs to begin switching tech out of full bio into something different.

Maybe a couple ravens, working up to a sizeable BC army and marines/cc's as a mineral dump.

BCs are only kind of bad against HTs, while ravens are actually completely horrible against them. It might be possible to mix BCs into the lategame TvP army, but I doubt it is possible for ravens(even though I like to get one for detection, I don't actually think this is a good idea for good players). That said, building them instead of ghosts or marauders seems like a bad idea, because it leaves your entire army to be countered by templar. I have not found BCs to be particularly helpful in the couple times I've tried them, though.

I actually like thors better, because armor upgraded thors actually tank zealots and colossi okay, but I've never seen pros build them in those situations; maybe it's because then you have yet another set of upgrades you need to do in addition to infantry weapons, infantry armor, air weapons, and potentially air armor. Or maybe it's because they're too slow, I dunno.

Why are ravens horrible against them? You are getting them for PDD so that your BC's are immune to the main source of damage. You should be able to drop PDD's without getting hit by feedback. I mean, 3 ravens is 6 potential PDD's, which is a ton of stalker fire to absorb.

At full energy, ravens get one-shotted by HTs. Also, PDDs get one-shotted by feedback.
Liquipedia
SoulSever
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada779 Posts
February 16 2012 23:54 GMT
#74
T3 zerg very immobile and T Mech is very immobile. Only way to force reposition battles is to nuke and slowly inch up, spread vikings and add a few banshees to go for tech buildings
Violet <3 ~~~Better places than here exist
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
February 17 2012 00:04 GMT
#75
Mass drop play with hellions+tanks or get thor drops that snipe buildings, queens, etc. What you want to do is make zerg keep running after you in hopes of not losing their base. With the ghost nerf, if you go mech, it is essential that you get mass ravens and HSM. You want to catch him off guard when you have a lot of ravens and go for his mining bases before he tech switches to ultralisks.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
February 17 2012 00:06 GMT
#76
On February 17 2012 07:08 architecture wrote:
Stop playing mech.

Mech is a gimmick for maps where you can hit a timing before BL. It cannot stand up to a Zerg that is taking a ton of expos on a bigger map.

Why not? BFH are one of the most mobile units in the game. There's virtually no way for him to defend every expo (including against drops in the back) and cover every foot of a bigger map. I'd like to see a zerg on 5-6 base on a big map vs a good meching Terran with constant hellion harass not take considerable damage that doesn't have a huge lead already.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Mr. Nefarious
Profile Joined December 2010
United States515 Posts
February 17 2012 00:07 GMT
#77
On February 17 2012 08:53 Elyvilon wrote:

At full energy, ravens get one-shotted by HTs. Also, PDDs get one-shotted by feedback.


I'll agree, probably not as strong against Protoss. However, Zerg has no answer to energy units [EMP/Feedback] and PDD blocks every single Zerg anti-air in the game. Think about this for a minute.
저그 화이팅
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-17 00:16:00
February 17 2012 00:09 GMT
#78
On February 17 2012 08:03 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 06:04 kcdc wrote:
Am I crazy or will snipe still be decent vs broodlords? In late game, supply is more of a concern than cost, and you can have 3 ghosts (up to 24 snipes) for the supply of one broodlord. Ghosts aren't going to completely shut down Z T3 like they do right now, but with a good gameplan, it seems like they'll still be really good.


even if this nerf goes through, which pretty much noone wants in this form, then the ghost will still be better vs broodlords than it is vs ultras right now.

That's not really saying a lot though, since they pretty much suck against ultras. Ultras just also suck, so it made the silly number of snipes needed to kill them bearable. This is not the case with BLs.

I say go heavy thor with a few tanks. Siege tanks only when he commits ground army(infestors/roaches) and focus fire ranged units. Since your thors have upgrade advantage, they will do pretty well, until BLs catch up on armor ups. At that time I've been trying to have ravens churning out and pfs(though admittedly it's rare that the game goes so far, since so many zergs get attack ups for bls, thank god).

What I've not been able to do enough is add in ghosts for nuking. Nukes are so insanely cost efficient/supply efficient lategame, so I think adding them in to slow the zerg when you are transitioning into ravens would be pretty pimp. They could also be used to clear spines, to allow BFH access to some roasting action.

Edit:
On February 17 2012 08:27 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 08:22 Elyvilon wrote:
On February 17 2012 08:08 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Ghosts for infestors (can also defensive nuke near the BLs). Snipe or EMP, choose your poison.
Vikings for BL's. Careful positioning will have the corruptors getting close enough that marines can hit them.
Feel free to do small drops around the map, he wont be able to clean them up too well.
You can also get a raven and either HSM the broods or suicide a unit in to do it for you.

I am sorry terran cant just get one unit to catch all of zerg T3 anymore, you will have to adapt and use a versatile unit comp.

EDIT:
It's the exact same in TvP, what happens when they get 3/3 with tons of charge zealots, collo, archons, and HT's

Honestly? I think terran are stuck on not transitioning. They are constantly being aggressive, but always with the same units and never getting to a late game scenario. Battlecruisers would work exceptionally well against protoss. Something like BC/marine would wreck face.

If I wanted to lose to HT/Archon/Blink Stalker, I suppose that would be true.

Well, according to terrans you lose against HT/archon/blink stalker/colossus already. I mean, you do realize that your mentality of "well it doesnt work" before even trying it AT ALL is what stagnates the races right?

I think once protoss gets up to 3 bases with all their gas and full income, terran needs to begin switching tech out of full bio into something different.

Maybe a couple ravens, working up to a sizeable BC army and marines/cc's as a mineral dump.

You do realize we play full bio, because there is nothing to transition into, right? If there was some transition, we'd be using those units earlier, since most of them are only really hard countered late in the protoss tech tree, so there'd be a window to hit before those units come out(and due to this window, blizzard took the very major and positive decision, to just let all the t3 of terran suck vP).
Link_Drako
Profile Joined April 2011
United States53 Posts
February 17 2012 00:21 GMT
#79
On February 17 2012 07:17 Mr. Nefarious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 17 2012 06:59 Clarity_nl wrote:

Some sources would be nice.


Here ya go.

http://imgur.com/a/hQHYS

As you can clearly see in the international scene as well as Korea, Terran has never fallen below 50% against either of the other two races since release despite countless changes to balance, maps, metagame and player styles. Also a quick check of the best of the best Zerg players will reveal Vs T winrates only slightly above 50%, while the best Terrans look invincible with 70-80% winrates vs Z and P. All numbers taken straight from TLPD.

As seen clearly above, the only player to break 60% winrate vs T is DRG. With that being said, it's also statistically his worst matchup by nearly 10%.


I have to agree. Very sound argument Mr.Nefarious. Terrans are only complaining because now they lack a beat all answer. Snipe was 100% overpowered. But the Ghost itself is still usable and extremely viable. Small numbers of ghost with EMP against Infestors, Viking/Raven vs Brood/Ultra, Tank/Bio vs Ling/Bane, etc. etc. so on an so forth. The fact remains they have the MOST viable answers to both Toss and Zerg at the highest level of play.

If your not playing at the highest level (NA Grandmasters do NOT count) than you should not be ranting about balance/imbalance at all. And I can say with a 100% surety that none of the Terrans in this thread have tried near anything at this point. You have not experimented enough or tested out the many different possibilities besides Ghost. Get creative and figure out the numbers game. Thats what this sport is all about. Nothing is TRULY imbalanced in this title. Nothing is completely broken because at the highest level, everything can be stopped or countered softly within reason. Do some research like Mr.Nefarious here and myself included. Watch Day9.tv, GSL, Streams (Koreans stream as well). Make an effort to try before you say something needs to be Nerfed or Buffed.
To get smarter, you first have to play a smarter opponent. -Fundamentals of Chess (1883)
CookieMaker
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada880 Posts
February 17 2012 00:32 GMT
#80
Who needs snipe??? Nukes are hte new snipe :D Nukes are friggin awesome. Ever seen broodlords disappear?

I'm a zerg, and I love when my opponent goes mech without ghosts lategame. If I can retain air control and there isn't a dominating force of vikings (that I don't fungal), then Broodlords will reign supreme. You MUST get ghosts to push with, otherwise you're pushing into a flesh/fungal wall.

Get ghosts, cloak and nuke expos. It's retartedly effective, and your mech will outlast.
This is how to endgame a zerg with ghosts (MVP went tank marine, but the ghosts were what won him the game.)
http://www.youtube.com/hdstarcraft#p/u/5/FjJpux-7b58
Micro your Macro
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1036
ComeBackTV 894
TaKeTV 558
SteadfastSC504
LamboSC2361
IndyStarCraft 216
Rex105
EnkiAlexander 69
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 504
LamboSC2 361
mouzHeroMarine 306
IndyStarCraft 216
ProTech151
Rex 105
UpATreeSC 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25563
firebathero 203
Rush 130
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 24
Bale 19
Shine 17
Sexy 15
Djem5 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7186
qojqva1612
420jenkins141
Counter-Strike
fl0m1645
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1926
crisheroes1264
Liquid`Hasu545
XaKoH 181
MindelVK11
Other Games
Grubby2063
ceh9840
FrodaN744
Beastyqt603
ArmadaUGS192
Hui .170
KnowMe139
QueenE114
C9.Mang0112
Trikslyr76
Mew2King65
Dewaltoss48
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream74
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• Adnapsc2 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix13
• 80smullet 7
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis2656
League of Legends
• TFBlade1113
Other Games
• imaqtpie784
• WagamamaTV266
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 57m
Stellar Fest
18h 57m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.