• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8500 users

[G] PvZ HerOic FFE - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Turo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada333 Posts
November 24 2011 05:10 GMT
#81
On November 24 2011 13:50 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 13:43 Turo wrote:
Hey, I really love your guides, they help my play out so much! I have a problem though, with FFE in general. How do you stop the 6 pool? Even if i scout them 1st on a 4 player map, I just have no idea how to respond...

My probes either die defending my cannon, or can't stop the lings from killing my pylon! What do you do if you scout a 6-7 pool?

I know you briefly mention in the guide, but I was wondering if maybe you have a more in depth response?

i'll have a friend of mine 6pool me and i'll upload it in the near future


thanks!
Leafs
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
November 24 2011 05:51 GMT
#82
There's a great 6 pool guide on the site, take a look around.
StarGalaxy
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany744 Posts
November 24 2011 14:36 GMT
#83
You always hear that FFE is way more economical than 1 gate FE. I tested it with a build order planer:
Feel free to improve the builds. The chrono timings might be slightly off. Builds are without army units.

FFE
http://www.sc2planner.com/#PaaaoCafaafaoEaaaaoAoDoGoCaafaoBoBoFfaaccfaafaaaaoCaafafaoCaaafafaaaaaaaffaa

1 Gate FE
http://www.sc2planner.com/#PaaaoCafaaaoDfaaoBacfaoCoFaaoBacaafaoCafaoCafaaoAfaaaaafaafa

The result at 7 min for FFE compared to 1 gate FE is:
+60 mins
-320 gas
+7 probs
+1 forge
+1 canon

So seems definitly worth it to FEE. But i personally don't like to do it on maps with open natural. I think even with 2 canons its hard to defend all ins, like we saw in the MLG finals...
Cj hero | Zest
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
November 24 2011 16:22 GMT
#84
On November 24 2011 23:36 OrbitalPlane wrote:
You always hear that FFE is way more economical than 1 gate FE. I tested it with a build order planer:
Feel free to improve the builds. The chrono timings might be slightly off. Builds are without army units.

FFE
http://www.sc2planner.com/#PaaaoCafaafaoEaaaaoAoDoGoCaafaoBoBoFfaaccfaafaaaaoCaafafaoCaaafafaaaaaaaffaa

1 Gate FE
http://www.sc2planner.com/#PaaaoCafaaaoDfaaoBacfaoCoFaaoBacaafaoCafaoCafaaoAfaaaaafaafa

The result at 7 min for FFE compared to 1 gate FE is:
+60 mins
-320 gas
+7 probs
+1 forge
+1 canon

So seems definitly worth it to FEE. But i personally don't like to do it on maps with open natural. I think even with 2 canons its hard to defend all ins, like we saw in the MLG finals...


That completely ignores the fact that with 1g FE Z has to be afraid of pressure the first 8 minutes compared to the FFE. Has to be afraid of nexus cancels etc. etc.

(not saying which is better, just saying your statistics aren't the end discussion).
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
November 26 2011 19:56 GMT
#85
So what if you don't get any of the hidden pylons down?
Do you just warp in 4z and walk them over to your opponents third?
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
November 26 2011 20:35 GMT
#86
I highly recommend people try HerO's PvZ style out, and this is a really nice intro guide into his style. I think a great game for people trying to learn HerO's style is his series vs Sheth in the dreamhack winter 2011 ro16(or 8?). HerO's a genius with this harass; he reminds me a bit of Jaedong, he just demands control of the game with his awesome micro and speed and when he can dictate that control, he just looks unstoppable PvZ.
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
awwnuts07
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States621 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 22:15:21
November 26 2011 22:09 GMT
#87
On November 27 2011 05:35 Arisen wrote:
I highly recommend people try HerO's PvZ style out, and this is a really nice intro guide into his style. I think a great game for people trying to learn HerO's style is his series vs Sheth in the dreamhack winter 2011 ro16(or 8?). HerO's a genius with this harass; he reminds me a bit of Jaedong, he just demands control of the game with his awesome micro and speed and when he can dictate that control, he just looks unstoppable PvZ.

Really? Hero reminds you of Jeadong? He reminds me more of Bisu. This style is awesome, but requires some serious practice. My win rate vs Z has plummeted since adopting this style, but I know it's just a matter of time before I get the multitasking down.

But i have the same question as CrazyF1r3f0x. What do you do if you probes are discovered.
I'm a noob
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
November 26 2011 22:15 GMT
#88
On November 27 2011 04:56 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
So what if you don't get any of the hidden pylons down?
Do you just warp in 4z and walk them over to your opponents third?

You can. You won't do anything vs 2/3 base roach in that case, but if he is only pure ling you can still do damage and force additional lings. If you can't get any pylons up you should, in desperation, try to establish a somewhat closer one with the zealot(s) you made from your GW
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
WrathOfAiur
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany243 Posts
November 27 2011 00:41 GMT
#89
On November 27 2011 07:15 Alejandrisha wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 04:56 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
So what if you don't get any of the hidden pylons down?
Do you just warp in 4z and walk them over to your opponents third?

You can. You won't do anything vs 2/3 base roach in that case, but if he is only pure ling you can still do damage and force additional lings. If you can't get any pylons up you should, in desperation, try to establish a somewhat closer one with the zealot(s) you made from your GW


if it completely fails, I prefer warping in some sentries at my natural and gear up to take a third.
habermas
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom304 Posts
November 27 2011 02:13 GMT
#90
What about maps like shattered temple where there is no access to a third?
Canopus
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada27 Posts
November 28 2011 07:11 GMT
#91
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
November 30 2011 23:27 GMT
#92
On November 28 2011 16:11 Canopus wrote:
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Also, how do you know when its safe to take a third yourself against this? I have faced so many roach into muta transitions, its really hard to deal with. I want to go Colossus against Roach, but then Muta would be hard to stop.
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
December 01 2011 22:51 GMT
#93
On December 01 2011 08:27 bankai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 16:11 Canopus wrote:
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Also, how do you know when its safe to take a third yourself against this? I have faced so many roach into muta transitions, its really hard to deal with. I want to go Colossus against Roach, but then Muta would be hard to stop.


Some thoughts on this from an experienced player?

Was thinking, does taking an early third ourselves work against 3-base roach (zerg taking an early third)?
iSTime
Profile Joined November 2006
1579 Posts
December 01 2011 23:51 GMT
#94
On December 02 2011 07:51 bankai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2011 08:27 bankai wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:11 Canopus wrote:
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Also, how do you know when its safe to take a third yourself against this? I have faced so many roach into muta transitions, its really hard to deal with. I want to go Colossus against Roach, but then Muta would be hard to stop.


Some thoughts on this from an experienced player?

Was thinking, does taking an early third ourselves work against 3-base roach (zerg taking an early third)?


I haven't really played much of the really early WP+DT stuff, but I often open similarly up until the robo+twilight+zealot harass. I think getting blink and collossi is a much easier way to play. You can easily take a 3rd against 3 base roach at around 13 minutes, with 2 collossi out. Dealing with the mutas that often follow the roach opening just requires a good sense of when mutas will come. Make 1-2 cannons and move blink stalkers into position at that time.

Like canopus said, you can't kill their 3rd base even with a close pylon if they have roaches up in time. However, you can pull back your 7-8 zealots without losing many, and warp in 4 stalkers to force even more roaches+lings. Unless they make a lot of speedlings in addition to the roaches, you should get away without losing many units. Even if they have enough speedlings to catch your units, I think the harass is almost always worth it economically.
www.infinityseven.net
bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
December 02 2011 00:39 GMT
#95
On December 02 2011 08:51 iSTime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 07:51 bankai wrote:
On December 01 2011 08:27 bankai wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:11 Canopus wrote:
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Also, how do you know when its safe to take a third yourself against this? I have faced so many roach into muta transitions, its really hard to deal with. I want to go Colossus against Roach, but then Muta would be hard to stop.


Some thoughts on this from an experienced player?

Was thinking, does taking an early third ourselves work against 3-base roach (zerg taking an early third)?


I haven't really played much of the really early WP+DT stuff, but I often open similarly up until the robo+twilight+zealot harass. I think getting blink and collossi is a much easier way to play. You can easily take a 3rd against 3 base roach at around 13 minutes, with 2 collossi out. Dealing with the mutas that often follow the roach opening just requires a good sense of when mutas will come. Make 1-2 cannons and move blink stalkers into position at that time.

Like canopus said, you can't kill their 3rd base even with a close pylon if they have roaches up in time. However, you can pull back your 7-8 zealots without losing many, and warp in 4 stalkers to force even more roaches+lings. Unless they make a lot of speedlings in addition to the roaches, you should get away without losing many units. Even if they have enough speedlings to catch your units, I think the harass is almost always worth it economically.


Thanks for your advice Time!

So on your 2nd paragraph, are you saying against 3-base roach you should still go ahead with the 8zealot pressure, but just wait for the next 4 stalker warp-in...in other words, still focus on denying their 3rd, but do it with an additional 4 stalkers?

Just trying to clear in my head the overall strategy against 3base roach - it sounds like the only way to play against this is to deny their third. If not, then we are way behind economically. And taking our own 3rd is not feasible cos they can roach spam shortly afterwards....is that correct?
iSTime
Profile Joined November 2006
1579 Posts
December 02 2011 05:39 GMT
#96
On December 02 2011 09:39 bankai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 08:51 iSTime wrote:
On December 02 2011 07:51 bankai wrote:
On December 01 2011 08:27 bankai wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:11 Canopus wrote:
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Also, how do you know when its safe to take a third yourself against this? I have faced so many roach into muta transitions, its really hard to deal with. I want to go Colossus against Roach, but then Muta would be hard to stop.


Some thoughts on this from an experienced player?

Was thinking, does taking an early third ourselves work against 3-base roach (zerg taking an early third)?


I haven't really played much of the really early WP+DT stuff, but I often open similarly up until the robo+twilight+zealot harass. I think getting blink and collossi is a much easier way to play. You can easily take a 3rd against 3 base roach at around 13 minutes, with 2 collossi out. Dealing with the mutas that often follow the roach opening just requires a good sense of when mutas will come. Make 1-2 cannons and move blink stalkers into position at that time.

Like canopus said, you can't kill their 3rd base even with a close pylon if they have roaches up in time. However, you can pull back your 7-8 zealots without losing many, and warp in 4 stalkers to force even more roaches+lings. Unless they make a lot of speedlings in addition to the roaches, you should get away without losing many units. Even if they have enough speedlings to catch your units, I think the harass is almost always worth it economically.


Thanks for your advice Time!

So on your 2nd paragraph, are you saying against 3-base roach you should still go ahead with the 8zealot pressure, but just wait for the next 4 stalker warp-in...in other words, still focus on denying their 3rd, but do it with an additional 4 stalkers?

Just trying to clear in my head the overall strategy against 3base roach - it sounds like the only way to play against this is to deny their third. If not, then we are way behind economically. And taking our own 3rd is not feasible cos they can roach spam shortly afterwards....is that correct?


My experience is that the bolded is not true. The stalkers aren't really there to deny the 3rd, they're mostly there to scare the zerg into overproducing units and maybe kill a roach or two. I don't think you should ever be able to kill the 3rd base against a player who makes roaches, the purpose is just to force non-drones. It is acceptable for your 3rd to be placed later than theirs as long as you are keeping up on workers and being cost-effective with harass.
www.infinityseven.net
ntvarify
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States331 Posts
December 04 2011 17:07 GMT
#97
In the 2 cannon ffe do you not put down a pylon on 17? So you just use the nexus for supply? or is that a mistake.
WolfBro
Profile Joined December 2011
United States59 Posts
December 05 2011 12:42 GMT
#98
Thank you for the guide. Hero is awesome and I'm always needing PvZ help.

bankai
Profile Joined November 2010
362 Posts
December 05 2011 22:59 GMT
#99
On December 02 2011 14:39 iSTime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2011 09:39 bankai wrote:
On December 02 2011 08:51 iSTime wrote:
On December 02 2011 07:51 bankai wrote:
On December 01 2011 08:27 bankai wrote:
On November 28 2011 16:11 Canopus wrote:
I'm a mid masters protoss and have been playing this build for about a week. I read your response to 3 base roach zerg and it sounds grimm. I'm noticing a competent zerg can prevent you from killing the 3rd (even with a very close pylon), and your listed response is warp prism harras with dts and zealots to try and snipe buildings. I don't like this response because if the zerg doesn't make mistakes your going to lose. Your basically hoping for the zerg to screw up. Have you found any other responses that work? I've won a few games by responding with a very fast 3rd, but I feel as though a strong player will kill you in that window.


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Also, how do you know when its safe to take a third yourself against this? I have faced so many roach into muta transitions, its really hard to deal with. I want to go Colossus against Roach, but then Muta would be hard to stop.


Some thoughts on this from an experienced player?

Was thinking, does taking an early third ourselves work against 3-base roach (zerg taking an early third)?


I haven't really played much of the really early WP+DT stuff, but I often open similarly up until the robo+twilight+zealot harass. I think getting blink and collossi is a much easier way to play. You can easily take a 3rd against 3 base roach at around 13 minutes, with 2 collossi out. Dealing with the mutas that often follow the roach opening just requires a good sense of when mutas will come. Make 1-2 cannons and move blink stalkers into position at that time.

Like canopus said, you can't kill their 3rd base even with a close pylon if they have roaches up in time. However, you can pull back your 7-8 zealots without losing many, and warp in 4 stalkers to force even more roaches+lings. Unless they make a lot of speedlings in addition to the roaches, you should get away without losing many units. Even if they have enough speedlings to catch your units, I think the harass is almost always worth it economically.


Thanks for your advice Time!

So on your 2nd paragraph, are you saying against 3-base roach you should still go ahead with the 8zealot pressure, but just wait for the next 4 stalker warp-in...in other words, still focus on denying their 3rd, but do it with an additional 4 stalkers?

Just trying to clear in my head the overall strategy against 3base roach - it sounds like the only way to play against this is to deny their third. If not, then we are way behind economically. And taking our own 3rd is not feasible cos they can roach spam shortly afterwards....is that correct?


My experience is that the bolded is not true. The stalkers aren't really there to deny the 3rd, they're mostly there to scare the zerg into overproducing units and maybe kill a roach or two. I don't think you should ever be able to kill the 3rd base against a player who makes roaches, the purpose is just to force non-drones. It is acceptable for your 3rd to be placed later than theirs as long as you are keeping up on workers and being cost-effective with harass.


Great thanks again Time!

Alej - any luck on that 2zealot scouting idea (page 3 of this thread)? Have been using this build a lot lately, and have to say it works wonders against the early third style but still having problems scouting 2-base play. From what i can see, they can do broadly one of three things:
(a) Take a later (and safer) third with roaches or roach/hydra after getting saturation at their 2-bases
(b) Mutas or ling/infestor
(c) 7:30 roach/ling all-in

Scouting the difference between (a) and (c) I find is hard, so always prepare for the 7:30min all-in with more sentries/cannons. If it doesnt come by 8mins, then I put down my robo/TC. But doing this means I wont get a WP or observer scout until 9:30min (?). Then I can either tech colossi (if roach/hydra) or blink/HT (if muta/infestor) but its this point I struggle to decide cos I dont have enough info from scouting yet.

So want to know how do you effectively scout and respond to zerg 2-base play?
FilipSRB
Profile Joined September 2011
Serbia63 Posts
December 05 2011 23:34 GMT
#100
On December 01 2011 08:27 bankai wrote:


I am also having problems with 3 base roach. On maps like Meta where the third is close, the roaches can easily walk over and deny the zealot harass.

DT has worked to some extent but sometimes they blindly drop spores and deny that too,

Anyone know how to play against 3-base roach where the 3rd is early?

Maybe something resembling Naniwa's build that Day9 explained in one of his dailies, with 2 chronoed immortals?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6992
Rain 3702
Leta 2437
Soulkey 418
Soma 343
BeSt 297
Rush 213
Barracks 169
soO 162
firebathero 155
[ Show more ]
Stork 104
Sexy 56
Killer 44
Shinee 33
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 18
Sacsri 17
HiyA 15
Sharp 12
sorry 10
Terrorterran 5
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3560
XcaliburYe172
League of Legends
JimRising 495
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns25093
WinterStarcraft638
Pyrionflax193
Sick158
singsing5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 67
• Sammyuel 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2224
League of Legends
• Jankos2405
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
40m
Patches Events
5h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 40m
OSC
13h 40m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.